NIGERIA WOULD HAVE DONE VERY WELL AT THIS WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA WOULD HAVE DONE VERY WELL AT THIS WC

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:53 pm If my Aunt had a pair of balls, she could have been my uncle
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

With a midfield of Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo and CD pair of Balogun and Ekong? It would have been the same sluggish plodding directionless football. Add in Rohr or Equavoen and it becomes almost guaranteed. SE needs a no nonsense coach like Amunike that has played the game and won and coached and won. If only Naija coaches can cub their excesses, they are really the best fit for Naija players but I prefer a coach that played offense or CM when he/she played because goals wins games.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:24 pm
highbury wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:06 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:35 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:56 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:01 pm
Cellular wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:45 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:45 pm Yes I said it.

The way things are going and with the squad we have I would really have fancied our chances, and I think Osimehn would have been one of the major stars in Qatar.

Such a shame, but sometimes you just need to get there, and then you regroup.

Tunisia and Cameroon are nowhere near our quality and they have done okay.

I put it to you that our team could have made the quarter finals.

Sometimes we are not as far away as we think we are, no need to make rash decisions, just stay level headed and work on problem areas.

Everybody thought Ghana would go to WC to stink up the joint. None of the African teams have done such a thing.
The problem was who Pinnick replaced **** with. Morocco had the same problem heading into the World Cup... and replaced their coach on August 31 with Walid Regragui who recalled some players and played the way Moroccans preferred playing. They didn't play in fear or play with trepidation.

BTW, I never thought Ghana will stink up the joint. The team they had against us was different than the team they used at the AFCON.
It’s all about selection, selection, selection. Eguavoen, on his own wasn’t the problem. Pinnick and his cronies and their knack for interfering in team matters was the problem. Overhauling the team the way they did for the 2nd leg against Ghana was what did us in. The way things were shaping up, had we made it to Qatar, Iheanacho might have been dropped. In that case, where would the goals have come from? Stupidity is what kept us from going to the World Cup and it is the same thing that would have guaranteed a first round exit. In my opinion, Denis, Lookman and Aribo are way too soft to be effective, wether you want to admit it or not❗️

Cheers.
Absolute nonsense.

So the problem was switching an ineffective bunch of players who have been stinking up the joint ?

Nacho and Simon deserved to be dropped they were horrific.

So the problem was players who SCORED ONE GOAL, but we should have kept with players who went scoreless against Ghana in the first leg ?

Dumb brain Moses Simon only needed to square pass and we would have scored but he went for glory from a tight angle, typical DUMB African play.

Iheanacho was completely missing as always.

We screwed up over both legs for a number of reasons.

1. Uzoho
2. Braindead Moses Simon
3. Osimehn not keeping his cool
4. Poor midfield options including injured players.
Fuccck you. You have been an Iheanacho hater from day 1. It is your likes that have destroyed Nigerian football, with your bigoted protestations and back room politics. You got your wishes to our eternal detriment. Ekong scored a disputed penalty otherwise we would have been disgraced right in our backyard. Who else, besides Osimhen, has the gumption to manufacture goals for Nigeria? Certainly not Lookman or the brain dead Denis. Ineffective my arse. We all saw just how effective Lookman and Denis were. I certainly hope never again❗️

Cheers.
He ( Van City) is a Nigerian bigot. He keeps calling or uses phrases like " fools" and " dumb" to characterize Nigerian or African players. Yet, he embodies those adjectives on a daily to weekly bases in this forum. In his deluded mind, no black man has the intelligence for excellence except himself. Japan doing their thang with their own local coach by the way. A complete rejection of the foreign coach narrative is so clearly displayed in this World Cup.
I call it as I see it

And if you think it's as simple as hiring ANY local coach to get success, then you indeed are a fool.
The issue here is that most of us her are convinced that you're blind. 😂 😂 😂 So forgive us if we don't give any credence to anything you say. Nigeria should be in charge of affairs pertaining to Nigerians
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Probably. Nigeria is one of a couple of W African teams that don’t go to the big dance for sightseeing.

But it all comes down to the coaching. Ghana sorted their situation out by hiring Houghton as Technical Director and then bringing in Addo from Dortmund. The team they have now is much stronger than the team that played in the WCQ
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:17 am Probably. Nigeria is one of a couple of W African teams that don’t go to the big dance for sightseeing.

But it all comes down to the coaching. Ghana sorted their situation out by hiring Houghton as Technical Director and then bringing in Addo from Dortmund. The team they have now is much stronger than the team that played in the WCQ
yeap, they have a completely different team even compared to the AFCON

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vancity Eagle, you must be really young and new to Nigerian football.

You’ve obviously never seen Yeyegbeni miss an open goal against Greece before. Just trust Nigeria to fall your hand so you don’t end up jumping in a well
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

deanotito wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:55 am :lol: :lol: :lol:

You’ve obviously never seen Yeyegbeni miss an open goal against Greece before. Just trust Nigeria to fall your hand so you don’t end up jumping in a well
Nooo. The Vancity dude na old man and not new to Nigerian football. Forget the fact that he acts like a teenager. The man is certainly over 40 yrs
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Absolutely no evidence to support that pronouncement. Folks wey dey draw Cape Verde and lost to CAR. The arrogance of Eagles supporters only surpassed by the English.GTFOH
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:14 pm isn't this the same fella who figured out why African teams were so bad?
Make I no talk before.

Is it mouth and cow or cow and mouth disease Gotti call am?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

YUJAM wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:17 am Probably. Nigeria is one of a couple of W African teams that don’t go to the big dance for sightseeing.

In 2018, we went to LEARN. Zero ambition. Just go and make up the numbers.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

wiseone wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:55 pm If Nigeria had qualified, it would have been in the same group as Portugal (which beat Nigeria 4-0 only a couple of weeks ago) and Uruguay (Nigeria has played South American teams 6 times at the World Cup and lost all 6 games). Can you imagine Nigeria's leaky defence facing Nunez and Cavani? (and even a past his best Suarez), being fed by Bentancur?
Not likely. We wouldn't have been in the same pot Ghana was because of the fifa ranking.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I thought it was against S. Korea. I don’t know about doing well at this WC.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

packerland wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:24 pm

I thought it was against S. Korea. I don’t know about doing well at this WC.
It was S. Korea and he flashed a smile when he missed.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The noise you made in Lisbon? Stop embarassing yourself. :oops: :lol: :lol: this is why Nigerians are loud, empty vessels! Instead of you people to find humility in the disgrace of 2022 and plan a way to improve, you are still beating your rotten collective chests??

I dont really understand how Nigerians can be this aloof in life. Every aspect of life, its the same silliness. They call themselves giant of Africa, yet, they dont have light, poor healthcare system, no water, poverty!

They claim that they are educated and smart, because of the small sample of educated Nigerians in the US, yet, the full sample of 200 million in Nigeria is laden with illiterates and a failed education system, where schools are on strike for months on end, and physical structures of schools are deplorable.

When will you guys learn? When will you learn that empty arrogance is one of the key reasons our country is in the dustbin?

Stop embarassing yourself please. Accept that you are a failure, focus on plans to improve and then implement the improvement strategy. All this bravado talk is just so sad and shows me that you clearly do not understand how bad we are right now.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lol you guys clearly don't get it.

Nigeria was the better team than Ghana over 2 legs.

It's not how you get there.

Ghana was thrashed by Brazil 3-0, they barely beat Nicaragua 1-0. They had to even cheat to beat South Africa, yet on the world stage they look pretty good.

You are clowns who know nothing about football if you don't think we would have done well in Qatar.

It seems it has become fashionable to just hate on our team because of one damn friendly.

Control your emotions.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:44 pm Lol you guys clearly don't get it.

Ghana was thrashed by Brazil 3-0, they barely beat Nicaragua 1-0. They had to even cheat to beat South Africa, yet on the world stage they look pretty good.

You are clowns who know nothing about football if you don't think we would have done well in Qatar.

It seems it has become fashionable to just hate on our team because of one damn friendly.

Control your emotions.

We would’ve been in the same group and gotten the same result as Ghana or worse. Uruguay and Portugal would definitely shave spanked us and maybe we draw with South Korea.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

What a let down by Ghana. How do you screw up such an opportunity to advance? Miss a penalty and then concede 2 goals all within the 1st half of a must-not-lose match? How can you be so mentally weak - against a weak Uruguay team too. I know Uruguay- they are the “Italy”of South America. The rule in South America is never concede early against Uruguay - It’s always game over whenever you do so.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Goalgetter wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:50 pm What a let down by Ghana. How do you screw up such an opportunity to advance? Miss a penalty and then concede 2 goals all within the 1st half of a must-not-lose match? How can you be so mentally weak - against a weak Uruguay team too. I know Uruguay- they are the “Italy”of South America. The rule in South America is never concede early against Uruguay - It’s always game over whenever you do so.
Horrible horrible gutless and brainless display.

Worst African performance of the WC, probably along with the Australia v Tunisia one.

Both Ayews cost Ghana big time.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:40 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:44 pm Lol you guys clearly don't get it.

Control your emotions.

We would’ve been in the same group and gotten the same result as Ghana or worse. Uruguay and Portugal would definitely shave spanked us and maybe we draw with South Korea.
Please tell them. We will thrash every country in the WC with a defence that has Ekong paired with one of Akpoguma or Omeruo. You people got jokes today.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

packerland wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:18 pm

Control your emotions.

Please tell them. We will thrash every country in the WC with a defence that has Ekong paired with one of Akpoguma or Omeruo. You people got jokes today.
Those defenders are better than the ones Australia paraded.

You think football is Playstation.

It all depends on the focus and determination of the players on game day.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

The WC is for spirited teams that leave it all on the field not partially committed players that plod along in games directionless. The two leg against Ghana were probably the most gutless football I have ever seen with players being tossed around the field like pinnatas by a more hungry/purposeful team. The SE in this set are where they needed to be, at home watching the WC. The WC is not for that kind of football.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:00 pm
packerland wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:18 pm

Control your emotions.

Those defenders are better than the ones Australia paraded.

You think football is Playstation.

It all depends on the focus and determination of the players on game day.
And when have our players shown to have focus and determination?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

hestonap wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:24 pm Absolutely no evidence to support that pronouncement. Folks wey dey draw Cape Verde and lost to CAR. The arrogance of Eagles supporters only surpassed by the English.GTFOH
Thank you my brother :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :agree:.