SE Midfield is now top priority!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE Midfield is now top priority!

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:13 am Eze is lost to England. Olise is not yet England material but would be a good addition to SE as an AM . Lesley has world class quality and he’s ready to start for SE today. Chukwuemeka of Chelsea is another England youth player that would add real quality to SE but he’s also an England youth player. I don’t see them letting him go. Our strategy should be to make a strong move for Lesley, Olise and Madueke of PSV.
Nobody is lost until he is lost. You keep pushing!
You guys give up the will to fight exactly like the Super Eagles you complain about.
If the Moroccans had this mindset, they would have lost out on the likes of Hakim, Ziyeck and even Mazraoui, telling them to go to hell.
Nobody remembers all that if the team is delivering. That’s all sentiment and foolish pride.
Results talk.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Stop comparing Ziyeck to Eze. Their circumstances are different. Ziyeck was most likely not fully integrated into Dutch society.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:57 am Stop comparing Ziyeck to Eze. Their circumstances are different. Ziyeck was most likely not fully integrated into Dutch society.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Excuses. :roll:
It’s always “that’s different”.

Ziyeck refused to join the national team on invitation.
Not for anything but personal differences with the coach.
At that age (29) and in similar circumstances, you guys woulda dumped him.
That’s what I’m talking about.
Giving in to foolish pride.
Now they are balling everyone is ‘claiming’.

Coach o, players o….all of dem get serious ‘foreign’ connection.
But let’s ignore that. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:08 am
fabio wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:57 am Stop comparing Ziyeck to Eze. Their circumstances are different. Ziyeck was most likely not fully integrated into Dutch society.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Excuses. :roll:
It’s always “that’s different”.

Ziyeck refused to join the national team on invitation.
Not for anything but personal differences with the coach.
At that age (29) and in similar circumstances, you guys woulda dumped him.
That’s what I’m talking about.
Giving in to foolish pride.
Now they are balling everyone is ‘claiming’.

Coach o, players o….all of dem get serious ‘foreign’ connection.
But let’s ignore that. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
What I wrote was from my personal experience of living and working in the Netherlands. We are entitled to theoretical and practical opinion.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enyi wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:22 am
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:39 pm
lacidi wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:10 pm We keep calling our players average. Please tell me the world class midfielders in the Morocco team.
Morocco has better players than us, it's a fact. Amrabat has been huge.They have a world class goalie most importantly while we have 2 baskets.

On the other hand we do have a decent set of players. Our problem is not our quality of players.
The same guy that played for Watford and currently at AEK Athens is better that than SE players?….please pull the other leg

He is having a good tournament - now that makes sense.
What SE will start for Morocco ?

Osimehn 100%
Iwobi Yes

That might be about it

Yes they have better players than us all across the pitch. Most importantly in goal and across the entire backline.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:26 pm
lacidi wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:10 pm We keep calling our players average. Please tell me the world class midfielders in the Morocco team.
Morocco has better players than us, it's a fact. Amrabat has been huge.They have a world class goalie most importantly while we have 2 baskets.

On the other hand we do have a decent set of players. Our problem is not our quality of players.
The same guy that played for Watford and currently at AEK Athens is better that than SE players?….please pull the other leg

Osimehn 100%
Iwobi Yes

That might be about it

Yes they have better players than us all across the pitch. Most importantly in goal and across the entire backline.
Our entire frontline will start for Morocco plus Iwobi and a back to form Ndidi
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:19 pm

Osimehn 100%
Iwobi Yes

That might be about it

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Abeg stop comparing us to Morocco. They're a serious country with food., water and power for its people. They have modern infrastructure and can actually build institutions and follow procedure.

They have corruption too but it doesn't seem to get on their way as much. Our mates are Somalia, Afghanistan, Syria, Central African Republic and Venezuela.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

You're mixing him (Sofyan) up with his older brother (Nordin) who hasn't player for the National Team since 2019, and Sofyan Amrabat plays for FIorentina in Seria A.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Osimehn 100%
Iwobi Yes

That might be about it

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: 100% signed and dotted

The following Atlas players, Bono, Hakimi, Aguede and the two left backs will start, and Amrabat
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:15 pm Abeg stop comparing us to Morocco. They're a serious country with food., water and power for its people. They have modern infrastructure and can actually build institutions and follow procedure.

They have corruption too but it doesn't seem to get on their way as much. Our mates are Somalia, Afghanistan, Syria, Central African Republic and Venezuela.
That’s the difference @vancity… not talent, O R G A N I S A T I O N.

At least start by doing the decent thing to pay ur coach….local or foreign that keeps them invested in the job
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Sunset wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:08 am

You're mixing him (Sofyan) up with his older brother (Nordin) who hasn't player for the National Team since 2019, and Sofyan Amrabat plays for FIorentina in Seria A.
It’s a joke. Hence “pull the other leg”…..

The guy is average at best….b4 this tournament, yet to see a game whereby he averaged more than 6.5 ratings…
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Osimehn 100%
Iwobi Yes

That might be about it

Which entire Frontline ?

Moses Simon that can't cross a ball ?

Chukwueze that has been so disappointing?

Ndidi ain't starting over Amrabat bro.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:15 pm Abeg stop comparing us to Morocco. They're a serious country with food., water and power for its people. They have modern infrastructure and can actually build institutions and follow procedure.

:clap: Now that’s realism.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:28 am

Osimehn 100%
Iwobi Yes

That might be about it

Which entire Frontline ?

Tell me which Moroccan striker that will start ahead of Moffi, Osimhen, Sadiq, Onuachu, Lookman or Chukwueze? Even Moses Simon has a higher pedigree in Europe than their strikers.
Gone are the days when tournaments like world cup and European championship were used to grade players. Most clubs look at consistency in the player's domestic leagues. We have history of players lightening up such tournaments only to bomb after being signed by clubs.
Our own Oloye referred to it as " tournament form".
I am happy
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The fact that you you do not realise that the midfielder called "Amrabat" playing for Morocco at this World Cup is not the same player that played for Watford is really troubling. 🤦🏽

The current player is Sofyan Amrabat. The player you are referring to is Nordin Amrabat - a totally different human being with a different DOB, who is not even in the current Morocco squad. Nordin is Sofyan's big brother.

Last edited by wiseone on Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Osimehn 100%
Iwobi Yes

That might be about it

At least 3 of our strikers will start over the clown they were parading as a striker.

Morocco has hardworking players for sure but they don’t have better players across the pitch than naija. More hardworking, yes.

Keeper? They are at 90 out of 100 while we are at 20 or 30 out of 100. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:03 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:28 am

Osimehn 100%
Iwobi Yes

That might be about it

Which entire Frontline ?

Tell me which Moroccan striker that will start ahead of Moffi, Osimhen, Sadiq, Onuachu, Lookman or Chukwueze? Even Moses Simon has a higher pedigree in Europe than their strikers.
Gone are the days when tournaments like world cup and European championship were used to grade players. Most clubs look at consistency in the player's domestic leagues. We have history of players lightening up such tournaments only to bomb after being signed by clubs.
Our own Oloye referred to it as " tournament form".
But if we are talking NT, it’s only Osimhen that has been consistent enough for SE out of that list. The other ones for the most part have been hit or miss or haven’t been able to replicate their club form for country. Morocco has a better midfield, defense and goalie, which in the grand scheme of things is much more relevant to their success than the striking department as Croatias run also showed.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Our midfield is fine. No great playmaker but not everyone needs a playmaker and in Iwobi and Aribo we have enough forward looking attributes there. Onyedika, Onyeka and Ndidi give you decent ball winning.

Up front we have an embarrassment of riches.

The back four has holes. Bassey is still learning his craft. Aina is ok, as is Zanussi. It’ll be interesting to see where Osayi settles.

But it’s bare.

I’m in a good mood today so I won’t talk about our goal keepers.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

waka-man wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:09 pm Our midfield is fine. No great playmaker but not everyone needs a playmaker and in Iwobi and Aribo we have enough forward looking attributes there. Onyedika, Onyeka and Ndidi give you decent ball winning.

The back four has holes. Bassey is still learning his craft. Aina is ok, as is Zanussi. It’ll be interesting to see where Osayi settles.

But it’s bare.

Uhmmm there's absolutely everything wrong with that midfield, Ndidi is inconsistent and mostly injured than fit, Onyeka and Aribo are decent but aren't spectacular players, we are one Iwobi injury away from having a midfield collapse especially in creativity...surely any discerning football mind can easily see we need depth and a rebuild in that midfield.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Nigeria has several midfield ball winners (Ndidi, Onyedika, Onyeka). However, Iwobi is the only one that can play killer passes (when he is in the mood). Without Ndidi, there is a serious decline in midfield quality. Onyedika and Onyeka are “diet Ndidi”. Aribo is a Lampard style “arrive late in the box and score” type midfielder, but cannot do that unless he has a playmaker creating chances for him.

No playmaker also = fewer chances for Osimhen. Osimhen would run riot if Okocha was 20 years younger and in the same team as him.
waka-man wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:09 pm Our midfield is fine. No great playmaker but not everyone needs a playmaker and in Iwobi and Aribo we have enough forward looking attributes there. Onyedika, Onyeka and Ndidi give you decent ball winning.

But it’s bare.

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:36 pm

But it’s bare.

Uhmmm there's absolutely everything wrong with that midfield, Ndidi is inconsistent and mostly injured than fit, Onyeka and Aribo are decent but aren't spectacular players, we are one Iwobi injury away from having a midfield collapse especially in creativity...surely any discerning football mind can easily see we need depth and a rebuild in that midfield.
It’s all relative. Compared to our defence and goal keeping departments, we’re fine. In a post about priorities, those other departments come first.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

waka-man wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:28 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:36 pm

But it’s bare.

It’s all relative. Compared to our defence and goal keeping departments, we’re fine. In a post about priorities, those other departments come first.
Bros,

The main reason we failed to qualify to the world cup is because we had NO effective midfield! so yes that midfield is the first department that needs very surgical attention.