SE Midfield is now top priority!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE Midfield is now top priority!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It’s MF or bust folks! The midfield should be priority No 1 for SE from now on,we should be looking everywhere in Nigeria, Africa and Europe for Midfielders. I don’t care if they play in Slovenia or Egypt,We need midfielders like man needs air. Without it we won’t get any better.

After watching Senegal, Cameroon and even Ghana , I must give credit to VE who has been shouting from the rooftop for yrs about the MF. Folks, our MF as is cannot compete at the level needed to achieve our goals. We need 2 way MF who are can run all day, tackle, read the game, win the ball and pass. We’re too soft in the middle even with Ndidi at his best we’re just not good enough in MF. Our appetite for fancy little wingers like Lookman, Ejuke, Chukwueze, Musa etc must be curbed and replaced with real MF.

Abeg roll the red carpet out for the following players. They’re not ideal but we need them in that middle as we rebuild.

Nwakali
Yusuf
Onyedika
Bonke
Ejaria

More please………
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: SE Midfield is now top priority!

Post by Tobi17 »

One of these guys will switch to Nigeria next
Eberechi Eze
Lesley Ugochukwu
Michael Olise..
Then any exciting prospects from the youth teams (some good midfielders from that U17, U20 team)

I absolutely agree with this post, the top priority now is building around that midfield, Iwobi,Aribo and Ndidi need competition and depth, we badly need dynamism in that midfield and there are no excuses why deadweights like Etebo should keep making the team, the best teams in this world cup are the ones with a solid midfield
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I've been saying this for how many years.

It's always the same squad with 3 or 4 midfielders.

Then Mr. 442 came in and it's just been getting worse.

I agree they don't need to be in the EPL.

Midfielders who

1. Have energy
2. Have technical skills and can dribble
3. Can pass and have vision

To start immediately the following must be given a chance

Yusuf Alhassan
Onyedika
Ovie Ejaria (been calling thos one for 3 plus years)
Kelechi Nwakali
Innocent Bonke (I do like his energy and high intensity, which is sorely lacking since the decline of Etebo and Ndidi)
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:59 am I've been saying this for how many years.

Midfielders who

1. Have energy

Yusuf Alhassan
Onyedika
Kelechi Nwakali
Innocent Bonke (I do like his energy and high intensity, which is sorely lacking since the decline of Etebo and Ndidi)
Let's not give up on the innit boys, Ebere Eze etc..the England snub will make them consider Nigeria
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:14 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:59 am I've been saying this for how many years.

Midfielders who

1. Have energy

Yusuf Alhassan
Onyedika
Kelechi Nwakali
Let's not give up on the innit boys, Ebere Eze etc..the England snub will make them consider Nigeria
Lesley Ugochukwu is the catch imho. Dem Eze and Olise don't seem to have the work rate we need in mf. We need skilled worker type mf with IQ
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lesley is Onyekachi Apam's cousin. He's a French youth international.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:05 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:14 am

Midfielders who

1. Have energy

Yusuf Alhassan
Onyedika
Kelechi Nwakali
Lesley Ugochukwu is the catch imho. Dem Eze and Olise don't seem to have the work rate we need in mf. We need skilled worker type mf with IQ
I think Eze is the closest to a skillful players as you can get, remember he's had a decent season at Crystal Palace, we need that ceberal player that can drive the ball forward with aplomb and give those key passes in the final third...I believe after Iwobi, Eze is the best we can get to play that role.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

With Eze you could actually drop Iwobi back to CM.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Here we go again, names upon names, your NFF has no academy, the national team has no specific football stadium and plays in athletics stadia, staff is unpaid clubs in the country are inherited by state governors the NFF relies on a failed government and you want to beg boys that play and learnt their trade in stable environments to play for Nigeria.
I’m not saying you shouldn’t try to reach out to these boys but for ample years nothing has been done to improve football in Nigeria it’s self.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:45 am With Eze you could actually drop Iwobi back to CM.
Mumu, Eze has told you he doesn't want to play for SE, can't you get it thru your dense skull? You love foreign sha, even foreign Nigerians 😂
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

highbury wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:31 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:45 am With Eze you could actually drop Iwobi back to CM.
Mumu, Eze has told you he doesn't want to play for SE, can't you get it thru your dense skull? You love foreign sha, even foreign Nigerians 😂
:clap:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Eze is lost to England. Olise is not yet England material but would be a good addition to SE as an AM . Lesley has world class quality and he’s ready to start for SE today. Chukwuemeka of Chelsea is another England youth player that would add real quality to SE but he’s also an England youth player. I don’t see them letting him go. Our strategy should be to make a strong move for Lesley, Olise and Madueke of PSV.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

What we need is the right group of persons including former internationals especially those who are foreign born to talk to these players. The loud mouthed boastful Warri style Pinnick approach will not work. We need to come up with a plan and show these players where they fit in. We have a top quality attack featuring Osimhen, Lookman, Moffi and Sadiq.
The defence is not bad and can be better especially in central defence. We need a midfield that can protect the defence and supply the attack.
I believe it's possible to get Apam Onyekachi to talk to his nephew.
My fear is that if we do not strengthen our team, we would be in trouble in Africa. The African teams at the WC have improved and have brought in quality players to strengthen their team while we look in from the outside. It's not a coincidence that Morocco beat Belgium, Tunisia beat France and Cameroon beat Brazil. Even Ghana has improved their squad from the one who pipped us to the WC ticket.
The NFF should set up a committee with a plan to approach the following players, Adarabioyo, Okoli, Ugochukwu, Olise, Eze, Chukwuemeka, Udogie, Nnemcha and that kid in PSV. Meet with their families and representatives and get them on board. I'm sure if we approach them professionally, we will get most of them on board. The truth is that these group of players will improve the quality and depth of the SE.
I am happy
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:31 am Here we go again, names upon names, your NFF has no academy, the national team has no specific football stadium and plays in athletics stadia, staff is unpaid clubs in the country are inherited by state governors the NFF relies on a failed government and you want to beg boys that play and learnt their trade in stable environments to play for Nigeria.
I’m not saying you shouldn’t try to reach out to these boys but for ample years nothing has been done to improve football in Nigeria it’s self.
THIS.........foundationally Nigeria is %%%%
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Midfielders who

1. Have energy

Yusuf Alhassan
Onyedika
Kelechi Nwakali
You and your obsession with Bonke. Bonke is trash. Dude cant even last 45 minutes without getting injured. Is that the kind of player you want in a squad that wants to make a deep run in an Afcon or WC? We need guys with different skillsets in that Midfield not the same kind of players just because they play in a "Top 5" League

Ndidi, Nwakali, Onyedika, Yusuf, Onyeka, Iwobi should be in every SEs callup hence forth. Then we start looking at the likes of Samson Tidjani(Should be healed of his injuries soon), Ugochukwu and Eze if they want to play for Nigeria. Other players the SEs handlers should be looking at are Abiodun Ogunniyi( Nigeriau23), Azzez Usenni( Dude is more of a #10) and Daniel Daga (U20) Its time to start integrating these guys ahead of 2026. Also the u17s like Okere and Mbata should be monitored. They are still young but by 2026 they will be 20-21 so they need to be watched. A good coach can rebuild our midfield and dominated with the right personnel. Just get rid of the deadwoods like Etebo, Bonke and Simon
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:13 am

Midfielders who

1. Have energy

Yusuf Alhassan
Onyedika
Kelechi Nwakali
You and your obsession with Bonke. Bonke is trash. Dude cant even last 45 minutes without getting injured. Is that the kind of player you want in a squad that wants to make a deep run in an Afcon or WC? We need guys with different skillsets in that Midfield not the same kind of players just because they play in a "Top 5" League

Ndidi, Nwakali, Onyedika, Yusuf, Onyeka, Iwobi should be in every SEs callup hence forth. Then we start looking at the likes of Samson Tidjani(Should be healed of his injuries soon), Ugochukwu and Eze if they want to play for Nigeria. Other players the SEs handlers should be looking at are Abiodun Ogunniyi( Nigeriau23), Azzez Usenni( Dude is more of a #10) and Daniel Daga (U20) Its time to start integrating these guys ahead of 2026. Also the u17s like Okere and Mbata should be monitored. They are still young but by 2026 they will be 20-21 so they need to be watched. A good coach can rebuild our midfield and dominated with the right personnel. Just get rid of the deadwoods like Etebo, Bonke and Simon
You dey mind VE and his weird obsession with body builders and mechanics, we want fluid and technical players and not another Etebo 2.0 regen.

Meanwhile is this the Azeez Useni kid you're talking about?

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:00 am

Midfielders who

1. Have energy

Yusuf Alhassan
Onyedika
Kelechi Nwakali

You dey mind VE and his weird obsession with body builders and mechanics, we want fluid and technical players and not another Etebo 2.0 regen.

Meanwhile is this the Azeez Useni kid you're talking about?

Yep Thats him. He is very technical. Same goes for Ogunniyi. These are the kind of guys we need not robots like Bonke and Etebo who are past their prime.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Midfielders who

1. Have energy

Yusuf Alhassan
Onyedika
Kelechi Nwakali

BH, very solid points. We also need the national team coach to have oversight of the U20 and U23 teams. These are the feeder teams for the SE and a plan should be in place to ensure that they qualify for the U20 WC in 2023 and 2025 and the 2024 Olympics.
I am happy
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:38 pm It’s MF or bust folks! The midfield should be priority No 1 for SE from now on,we should be looking everywhere in Nigeria, Africa and Europe for Midfielders. I don’t care if they play in Slovenia or Egypt,We need midfielders like man needs air. Without it we won’t get any better.

After watching Senegal, Cameroon and even Ghana , I must give credit to VE who has been shouting from the rooftop for yrs about the MF. Folks, our MF as is cannot compete at the level needed to achieve our goals. We need 2 way MF who are can run all day, tackle, read the game, win the ball and pass. We’re too soft in the middle even with Ndidi at his best we’re just not good enough in MF. Our appetite for fancy little wingers like Lookman, Ejuke, Chukwueze, Musa etc must be curbed and replaced with real MF.

Abeg roll the red carpet out for the following players. They’re not ideal but we need them in that middle as we rebuild.

Nwakali
Yusuf
Onyedika
Bonke
Ejaria

More please………
Welcome to 2019 :clap: :clap: :clap: better late than never I guess but a number of us have been saying this since then when Etebo & Ndidi were our only credible options there and their injuries truly exposed our issues in that department. The real question about those players you listed is what do they offer that's missing in the current SE midfield? Too often do we call up guys in that position to simply take up space in a place where technique/skill and high energy levels are two very important attributes of a good midfield.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:56 am

Midfielders who

1. Have energy

Yusuf Alhassan
Onyedika
Kelechi Nwakali

BH, very solid points. We also need the national team coach to have oversight of the U20 and U23 teams. These are the feeder teams for the SE and a plan should be in place to ensure that they qualify for the U20 WC in 2023 and 2025 and the 2024 Olympics.
That U20 team will form the core of a new generation of SE players. Most of them will be integrated into the senior national team ahead of the next AFCON, and of course the world cup in 2026, same for the U23 team that will play in the Olympics if they qualify...that's why we should do as much as possible to see to it that our national team handlers ensure victory for our U20 boys in the U20 nations cup that starts in February (if I'm not mistaken). The truth is that lots of players in the current national team except for Osimhen and Iwobi are deadweights that are content benchwarming at their clubs and hoping on charity call ups', more than half of our players are nearing their late 20's to 30s already and haven't grown in their trajectories, a player like Simon Moses is almost 29 and still can't cross a ball to save his life after decades in the national team, you can't just teach an old dog new tricks! and we can't keep depending on the foreign born players either, it's time to invest in our youth teams especially the U20 core, the U20 world cup starts in 2024 and most of these guys will be hitting their primes by then.

We should just keep the likes of Osimhen, Aribo, Iwobi (make him captain), Osayi, Bassey, Ndidi and Olisa Ndah among this present crop for EXPERIENCE and then integrate the youth players coming up. Ghana did the same by integrating their U20 team that won the world cup in 2009 with the few experienced players from the older generation, and the result was them getting to the AFCON final in 2010 which they narrowly lost to Egypt...Ghana also nearly made it to the semi final of the 2010 world cup with a team largely consisting of their younger generation of players- Dede Ayew, Dominic Adiyiah, inkoom etc
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Since Rohr don depart, some people have started to think and scout inwardly.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We have a good core of players. Any players from the age grade squads need to be better than what we have.

This is the core I would keep

Osimehn, Moffi, Sadiq,
Chukwueze, Lookman, Ejuke
Iwobi, Aribo, Yusuf, Nwakali, Ejaria, Onyedika,
Osayi Samuel, Aina, Akpoguma, Bassey, Zaidu
Uzoho, Okoye

That is a very strong core of players, then add talented youth and any other foreign born. It's a good set.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:42 pm We have a good core of players. Any players from the age grade squads need to be better than what we have.

This is the core I would keep

Osimehn, Moffi, Sadiq,
Chukwueze, Lookman, Ejuke
Iwobi, Aribo, Yusuf, Nwakali, Ejaria, Onyedika,
Osayi Samuel, Aina, Akpoguma, Bassey, Zaidu
Uzoho, Okoye

That is a very strong core of players, then add talented youth and any other foreign born. It's a good set.
The Goal keeping position has to be seriously looked at