CLOCK TICKING ON PESEIRO (Discuss).......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
CLOCK TICKING ON PESEIRO (Discuss).......

Post by Enugu II »

Clocking ticking for Jose Peseiro
https://www.footballlive.ng/clocking-ti ... se-peseiro
By Adebanjo -December 6, 2022070

Jose Peseiro has not enjoyed a particularly impressive start as head Coach of Nigeria’s Men NT, so how much time does he require to build a competitive team?
Since his appointment, Peseiro has been in charge of six official games with the team, but while victories against Sierra Leone and Sao Tome & Principe are more significant, against top opposition, those auditions he has failed.

The manner of defeats, his team’s playing style or the lack of one and his unending excuses why the performances have been underwhelming have become a repeated theme.
Nigeria isn’t a team in transition; the core of the team is still young, and the pool of players available should be a Coach’s delight, thus it begs the question where the problem really exists?
While many would have expected the typical ‘new manager bounce’, will inspire the players, very little of that has been seen.
Reports of the players disgruntled over a backlog of unpaid bonuses might affect their morale, but the Portuguese is also owed, so the argument of tanking may not be tenable

Nevertheless, the clock is ticking down on Jose Peseiro’s management of an ambitious and very demanding National team.

At the turn of the new year, the 62 year-old Coach and his team will face some more scrutiny when Nigeria’s 2023 AFCON qualifications resume.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CLOCK TICKING ON PESEIRO (Discuss).......

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Pay his salary and leave him alone to do his job. Let him take the team to Afcon,The constant changing of the coach has done no good.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I think we should just pay what we owe him, he has 6 months left on his contract anyway. The new NFF can do or go with who they want. Left to me I will look in-wards for a coach.. journey men coaches are short term
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

The man has hardly been in the job yet. I would keep him. But if NFF wants to remove him they must act quickly
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Let's be patient. He needs more time to settle. He hasn't had the luxury of playing that many "fluff" teams. His losses by and large have come against good sides in friendlies.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Look at Swiss Cheese.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I want to know what Damunk thinks about Peseiro before I state my position. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:16 pm I want to know what Damunk thinks about Peseiro before I state my position. :D
:rotf:
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:29 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:16 pm I want to know what Damunk thinks about Peseiro before I state my position. :D
:rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Honestly, I can’t disagree with all the responses I’ve seen so far. CE might me maturing after all Lol
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Nigeria, take care of your affairs. Every foreign coach no matter how great they are, are all stop gaps. Nothing sustaining. Did we get anything sustaining from the great Westerhoff? No! From Bonfere Jo? No!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:07 am Nigeria, take care of your affairs. Every foreign coach no matter how great they are, are all stop gaps. Nothing sustaining. Did we get anything sustaining from the great Westerhoff? No! From Bonfere Jo? No!
Good point.
But wait! Did we get anything sustaining from any coach? Anyone at all? :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

We shouldn’t waste time with this guy. He is not good enough. It will only get worse.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Lolly wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:16 am We shouldn’t waste time with this guy. He is not good enough. It will only get worse.
What's the rush?

We gave 5+ years to Rohr. Can't we give Peseiro 5+ months?

Abi, after Rohr, some people have developed prescience? Enjoy the ride.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:39 pm
Clocking ticking for Jose Peseiro
https://www.footballlive.ng/clocking-ti ... se-peseiro
By Adebanjo -December 6, 2022070

Jose Peseiro has not enjoyed a particularly impressive start as head Coach of Nigeria’s Men NT, so how much time does he require to build a competitive team?
Since his appointment, Peseiro has been in charge of six official games with the team, but while victories against Sierra Leone and Sao Tome & Principe are more significant, against top opposition, those auditions he has failed.

The manner of defeats, his team’s playing style or the lack of one and his unending excuses why the performances have been underwhelming have become a repeated theme.
Nigeria isn’t a team in transition; the core of the team is still young, and the pool of players available should be a Coach’s delight, thus it begs the question where the problem really exists?
While many would have expected the typical ‘new manager bounce’, will inspire the players, very little of that has been seen.
Reports of the players disgruntled over a backlog of unpaid bonuses might affect their morale, but the Portuguese is also owed, so the argument of tanking may not be tenable

Nevertheless, the clock is ticking down on Jose Peseiro’s management of an ambitious and very demanding National team.

At the turn of the new year, the 62 year-old Coach and his team will face some more scrutiny when Nigeria’s 2023 AFCON qualifications resume.
Let me just say straight up that the writer isn't exactly a thoughtful fellow. We shouldn't be at this stage painting the image of a team, yes we have array of capable players scattered all over and we have only been able to bring them together to WARM UP for the friendlies so how does that even amount to Coaching a team? The concept and real jelling of team happens in a long tournament like AFCON or world cup. That's where a coach moves his pieces and the players form a bong as things progress. Saudi Arabia that has mostly domestic based team was able to Stick it to Argentina that was still trying to figure out their pieces. this is a typical example of how team concept begins to emerge in a long tournament. Until we have such opportunity we have players not team as of yet so it would be highly juvenile assessing coaching based on nothing
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigeria isn’t ready, don’t expect such an unorganised association to raise a contender!
Nothing will change until accountability and professionalism is embraced in that country.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI