Daniel Daga

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Daniel Daga

Post by Cito »

wanaj0 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:18 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:39 am
wanaj0 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:13 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:03 am
wanaj0 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:58 am
bret- hart wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:21 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:56 am

I told people that we could still use a player like Mikel, instead of washed up junk like Musa still hanging on.
Yea but i think Mikel checked emotionally out after the 2018 WC. Dude's old man was kidnapped 2x while playing for Nigeria plus had to put up with being coached by that clown **** after that. Add to that the normal Nigeria/NFF fukkery and I kinda see why he wanted out. Same with Victor Moses. Its sad but Nigeria is an impediment to ones success and happiness sometimes.
When was the last time Mikel played a COMPETITIVE game that he will be relevant for the SE?

Musa at least is still playing football
Musa was still a good player like in 2014, we're in 2022 about to enter 2023 soon...move on already.
Someone think that Mikel who is not playing competitive football is relevant for the SE but not Musa that is playing competitive football? Yet we cry of corruption and sentiments?
It's a question of quality, Mikel even one leg can still walk into our current midfield, Musa on the other hand is still scamming his way into the team when we have a plethora of younget players who play his position and still don't get a chance.
Guess you are part of those that rushed Rufai out of retirement to the National Team.

A former player that is not playing competitive football to walk into your National Team????
Some of the things you read on here.... :oops:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:57 pm
Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:17 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:53 am
bret- hart wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:11 am Dude is more of a "Mikel" as opposed to an "Ndidi". As for Eletu, I think he is more of a squad player in the Flying Eagles for now. I happy Landan Bosso is looking his way.
I think I agree. Looks both very skillful and physically strong….much like Mikel.
How old is he?
The video profiles him as “15”.
That can’t be right….
Same thing i thought when I found out, but yes he is "15" if we go by the official CAF documents.

Dem don start. We never learn.
Obviously cannot vouch Daga’s (or anyone else’s) age, but…

Even BEFORE the WAFU tournament (or even before he played 7 games throughout the 2021/22 season for FC One Rocket of Uyo in the second division NNL), when Daga was still playing academy football at Carabana Academy and school football at Community Secondary Commercial School in Ibiaku Itam in Akwa Ibom, and was being touted as a “wunderkid”, where were you lot of Ageologists? Now that the lad has achieved a little bit of relative success, you lot have apparently remembered that you went to school with his grandparents (your age mates) or perhaps stumbled into the delivery room at his birth.
Last edited by Gotti on Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:11 am Dude is more of a "Mikel" as opposed to an "Ndidi". As for Eletu, I think he is more of a squad player in the Flying Eagles for now. I happy Landan Bosso is looking his way.
Spot on! Reached the same conclusion here back in May…
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=308736&p=5772146
Gotti wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:34 pm :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Flying Eagles qualify for the 2023 U20 AFCON to be held in Egypt, after beating CIV 2-1 after extra time in the semi-finals (1-1 at full-time), and thus emerging as one of the top 2 teams (the top 2 teams qualify), despite some rather dodgy officiating.

One to Watch: DANIEL DAGA, the youngest player on the team (originally called up for the U17 team), won MOTM again for the second consecutive game. I don't really like doing "next" projections, but has shown potential to be another Mikel-type player.

PS: Meanwhile, why does it seem that Niger Republic is always hosting these tournaments? The pitch is poor, and the weather (at least this time of the year) is oppressive!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:54 am
Damunk wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:53 am
I think I agree. Looks both very skillful and physically strong….much like Mikel.
How old is he?
The video profiles him as “15”.
That can’t be right….
If the official documents say that he is 15, where are you getting 17 from❓❗️

Cheers.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Gotti wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:48 pm
Spot on! Reached the same conclusion here back in May…
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=308736&p=5772146
Gotti wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:34 pm :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Flying Eagles qualify for the 2023 U20 AFCON to be held in Egypt, after beating CIV 2-1 after extra time in the semi-finals (1-1 at full-time), and thus emerging as one of the top 2 teams (the top 2 teams qualify), despite some rather dodgy officiating.

One to Watch: DANIEL DAGA, the youngest player on the team (originally called up for the U17 team), won MOTM again for the second consecutive game. I don't really like doing "next" projections, but has shown potential to be another Mikel-type player.

PS: Meanwhile, why does it seem that Niger Republic is always hosting these tournaments? The pitch is poor, and the weather (at least this time of the year) is oppressive!
Tbh he hasn't shown anything to be described like a Mikel who excelled more at a technical level while Daga's main strength so far is his athleticism and intensity levels which are more similar to an Onazi.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Daniel

Post by Gotti »

Sunset wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:37 pmTbh he hasn't shown anything to be described like a Mikel who excelled more at a technical level while Daga's main strength so far is his athleticism and intensity levels which are more similar to an Onazi.
Obviously, opinions are free and varied…
But we apparently have been watching different players.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:57 pm
Sunset wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:37 pmTbh he hasn't shown anything to be described like a Mikel who excelled more at a technical level while Daga's main strength so far is his athleticism and intensity levels which are more similar to an Onazi.
Gotti

I feel Daga is really more like what Sunset describes. He is just not as mercurial [i.e. inventiveness on the ball] as Mikel from what I have seen but he has boundless energy and gets involved. No matter which one he is, he certainly looks to have a good future.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:38 pm
Gotti wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:57 pm
Gotti

I feel Daga is really more like what Sunset describes. He is just not as mercurial [i.e. inventiveness on the ball] as Mikel from what I have seen but he has boundless energy and gets involved. No matter which one he is, he certainly looks to have a good future.
Again, it’s all personal opinions…

Nonetheless, while Daga matches the energy of Onazi, with all due respect to Ogenyi, Daga is way more of a cerebral player than Ogenyi. Accordingly, while I reaffirm a reluctance to play the “next” game, not least because Mikel’s play was built upon different technical skill sets as a converted attacking player (and that someone like Kelechi Nwakili was similarly touted as “taking over” from Mikel), Daga’s technical skills and role comes closest to Mikel’s.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Daga is nothing like Onazi, he has boundless energy YES but that guy is deceptively technical and is a good passer of the ball.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:32 am Daga is nothing like Onazi, he has boundless energy YES but that guy is deceptively technical and is a good passer of the ball.
The same can be said about Onazi so what exactly is your point?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sunset wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:46 am
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:32 am Daga is nothing like Onazi, he has boundless energy YES but that guy is deceptively technical and is a good passer of the ball.
Onazi was never a good passer of the ball, at least not the Onazi I remember watching, his biggest assets were his exceptional work rate and ball recovery and then his pace (just another Ndidi but with more pace). Daga plays with more finesse.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:33 am
Onazi was never a good passer of the ball, at least not the Onazi I remember watching, his biggest assets were his exceptional work rate and ball recovery and then his pace (just another Ndidi but with more pace). Daga plays with more finesse.
Sounds like your memory is failing you if you think he wasn't a good passer of the ball, I know you want to hype Daga at all costs but for a moment just think about what you're saying. If being a midfielder is that easy then Frank Onyeka would be starting every SE game
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sunset wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:05 am
Sounds like your memory is failing you if you think he wasn't a good passer of the ball, I know you want to hype Daga at all costs but for a moment just think about what you're saying. If being a midfielder is that easy then Frank Onyeka would be starting every SE game
I know you're an Onazi boy but it's apparent you're just one disingenuous fanboy, I can easily stake any bet that 80% of CE members will will back me up on my assertion that Onazi was NEVER a good passer of the ball, if anything I remember him for losing more balls in the middle of the park in several games, it was players like Mikel that covered the inadequacies of Onazi with his superior football IQ, stop yarning dust.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:24 am
I know you're an Onazi boy but it's apparent you're just one disingenuous fanboy, I can easily stake any bet that 80% of CE members will will back me up on my assertion that Onazi was NEVER a good passer of the ball, if anything I remember him for losing more balls in the middle of the park in several games, it was players like Mikel that covered the inadequacies of Onazi with his superior football IQ, stop yarning dust.
Speak for yourself bros, there's only one person on this thread showing fanboy tendencies so stop trying to project your insecurities on others
Last edited by Sunset on Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dude is an above average ball passer Bear in mind that the u20s played on that garbage pitch in Niger. Put him on a better pitch and you will see better passing and technicality from him. I do agree he has alot of energy.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Makes his NPFL debut and scored the equalizing goal :clap:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Sunset wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:27 pm Makes his NPFL debut and scored the equalizing goal :clap:
correct. How did Ayaosi do?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sunset wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:59 am
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:24 am
Speak for yourself bros, there's only one person on this thread showing fanboy tendencies so stop trying to project your insecurities on others
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved