IHEANACHO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
IHEANACHO

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Came on as a sub in a EFL cup game, even Ayotte Perez is now starting ahead of him. I think Nacho needs a strong 2nd half of the season or we might be talking about a move to Turkey, Greece or Belgium.

However, after watching the WC and noticing that wing play is essentially dead except for wingbacks bombing forward to provide width. Imho, Nacho,is now a,more valuable player to SE than all the qwe-qwe wingers we litter the team with. He scores, passes and shoots as well as any SE player. As a SS he allows,for,a more potent attack behind Osihmen assuming we have solid MF behind him and we won’t depend on him to fight for the ball in MF when in recovery though it’ll be a plus he if could. I think he could really thrive in a 442 or 352 for SE. the wingers are killing us. Let’s get rid of them and replace them with real Midfielders.
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IHEANACHO

Post by jette1 »

Does your narrative compliment France a or Argentine formation in the final game and how and if not whose formation in Qatar mirror what you are yawning ?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

jette1 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:52 am Does your narrative compliment France a or Argentine formation in the final game and how and if not whose formation in Qatar mirror what you are yawning ?
France Mbappe on the left but he played a lot through the middle and Argentina had De Maria who played on the flanks as a wife forward. Both are freaks of the highest caliber. I'm talking about getting rid of Simon Moses , Chukwueze and lookman who are no way near as productive.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I've said the same thing...wing play is dead in modern day football, there's a reason why the most successful teams in this world cup focused more on build up play from the midfield with less emphasis from wide play...Eguavoen learned his lesson the hard way against Tunisia at the AFCON, and against Ghana when his inflexible dependence on wing play got stifled. The truth is that Nigeria used to produce cerebral wingers who could at least cut in brilliantly and cross a damn ball with some intent...the present crop of wingers we have are just unwilling or unable to evolve into more dynamic players...going forward the emphasis should be to build this team around the midfield, we must get scouts to scavenge for fluid and technical ball playing midfielders who can progress the ball well and link up play brilliantly.. the likes of Etebo, Ndidi, Bonke etc unfortunately are just not the type of midfielders we need.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:30 am
jette1 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:52 am Does your narrative compliment France a or Argentine formation in the final game and how and if not whose formation in Qatar mirror what you are yawning ?
France Mbappe on the left but he played a lot through the middle and Argentina had De Maria who played on the flanks as a wife forward. Both are freaks of the highest caliber. I'm talking about getting rid of Simon Moses , Chukwueze and lookman who are no way near as productive.
Chukwueze and Lookman can still be useful in some regard, I could see them doing well in a CAM position, Simon Moses on the other hand is just a lost cause.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:34 am I've said the same thing...wing play is dead in modern day football, there's a reason why the most successful teams in this world cup focused more on build up play from the midfield with less emphasis from wide play...Eguavoen learned his lesson the hard way against Tunisia at the AFCON, and against Ghana when his inflexible dependence on wing play got stifled. The truth is that Nigeria used to produce cerebral wingers who could at least cut in brilliantly and cross a damn ball with some intent...the present crop of wingers we have are just unwilling or unable to evolve into more dynamic players...going forward the emphasis should be to build this team around the midfield, we must get scouts to scavenge for fluid and technical ball playing midfielders who can progress the ball well and link up play brilliantly.. the likes of Etebo, Ndidi, Bonke etc unfortunately are just not the type of midfielders we need.

Kpom! Look at how Morocco did it. Wingplay is dead.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:36 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:30 am
Chukwueze and Lookman can still be useful in some regard, I could see them doing well in a CAM position, Simon Moses on the other hand is just a lost cause.
We can afford to have one if them but not both. When you start both the MF will suffer. I'd take Chukwueze over Lookman anyway.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Morocco played with 2 wingers. So did France, Brazil, Croatia, England, etc.

Nacho will only be effective in a 352. Every other formation he will be useless. Why would we want to build our entire team around Nacho ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Abeg Peseiro was right to have dropped Nacho in the last match.

He doesn't fit our team.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

This WC actually is being celebrated as the return of wing play. More goals were scored from crosses than in any other WC.

And midfields get tighter packed, teams depended more on width. England, France, Morocco and Croatia and at times Argentina. Angel De Maria’s tour de force in the final will remain in memory for many years.

Of course the role has evolved and many wingers are playing as part of a three, but with reduced responsibility sticking the ball in the net. The prediction is that the condensing of midfields will see this continue with more wide partnerships such as Hashimi and Ziyexh.

The secret to this of course is the return of the real number 9. Something Nacho isn’t.

As for Nacho, he is no wide man. He’s a second striker at a time when less teams are playing second strikers, unless they have a Messi. And even Messi and Naymar are having to play much deeper to do that role, creating an extra man in the middle. Nacho possession weaknesses make his a risk in that role.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

No type of play is “dead”. You can play any formation and make it work if you play it well and adapt as needed as the game progresses. You need to have several formations in your pocket and bring them out as needed
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

donadoni wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:54 am No type of play is “dead”. You can play any formation and make it work if you play it well and adapt as needed as the game progresses. You need to have several formations in your pocket and bring them out as needed
Exactly.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

waka-man wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:33 am This WC actually is being celebrated as the return of wing play. More goals were scored from crosses than in any other WC.

And midfields get tighter packed, teams depended more on width. England, France, Morocco and Croatia and at times Argentina. Angel De Maria’s tour de force in the final will remain in memory for many years.

Of course the role has evolved and many wingers are playing as part of a three, but with reduced responsibility sticking the ball in the net. The prediction is that the condensing of midfields will see this continue with more wide partnerships such as Hashimi and Ziyexh.

The secret to this of course is the return of the real number 9. Something Nacho isn’t.

As for Nacho, he is no wide man. He’s a second striker at a time when less teams are playing second strikers, unless they have a Messi. And even Messi and Naymar are having to play much deeper to do that role, creating an extra man in the middle. Nacho possession weaknesses make his a risk in that role.
Wakaman

I was going to have a laugh until I read your post and realized that atleat domeone actually watched the World Cup with some thought. It was not just crosses but a huge number of threat came from wide positions and it was plentiful in the championship game itself.
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

But why can't Nacho even play as a right winger that can cut back to his strong left foot, also Nacho is very good in link up play. We still need Nacho in that team! When it comes to shooting accuracy no player in the current super eagles comes close!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

gochino wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:49 pm But why can't Nacho even play as a right winger that can cut back to his strong left foot, also Nacho is very good in link up play. We still need Nacho in that team! When it comes to shooting accuracy no player in the current super eagles comes close!
He doesn't have the attributes to play as a winger.

He isn't particularly fast, and his touch is horrible.

He has more intelligence than most of our wingers though.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:42 pm
gochino wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:49 pm But why can't Nacho even play as a right winger that can cut back to his strong left foot, also Nacho is very good in link up play. We still need Nacho in that team! When it comes to shooting accuracy no player in the current super eagles comes close!

Correct.
I feel for the guy.
I’m trying to think… has he had enough game time with Osimhen? I recall against Liberia in Sept 21 which was effectively a 4-4-2 and Nacho scored both goals. But that’s a tough formation to play especially as Nacho is not great making up numbers in midfield.

So I think that gives him two options:
Significantly up his workrate and evolve into a more modern 10
Or
Become a genuine 9. That means adding more pace, more aerial threat and more upper body strength. Really tough.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

waka-man wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:22 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:42 pm

Correct.
I feel for the guy.
I’m trying to think… has he had enough game time with Osimhen? I recall against Liberia in Sept 21 which was effectively a 4-4-2 and Nacho scored both goals. But that’s a tough formation to play especially as Nacho is not great making up numbers in midfield.

So I think that gives him two options:
Significantly up his workrate and evolve into a more modern 10
Or
Become a genuine 9. That means adding more pace, more aerial threat and more upper body strength. Really tough.
Like I said THE ONLY formation where Nacho would be effective for us is 352. That's it.

Here he doesn't have to shoulder the responsibilities of being a lone striker, nor the responsibilities of dropping back into midfield in a 442.

We have the wingbacks for a 352 but is it worth cutting out players like Chukwueze, Lookman, Ejuke, Dennis in order for Nacho to fit in.

I personally don't think so, but we also do have a lot of strikers. Moffi, Nacho, Osimehn, Sadiq, Awoniyi, Dessers, so maybe a 352 is worth looking into.

Even players like Dennis, Lookman, Chuks, could be used as support strikers in the 352 system, so actually I think this might be where we make the best use of all of our players.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Last edited by jette1 on Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:17 am
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:34 am I've said the same thing...wing play is dead in modern day football, there's a reason why the most successful teams in this world cup focused more on build up play from the midfield with less emphasis from wide play...Eguavoen learned his lesson the hard way against Tunisia at the AFCON, and against Ghana when his inflexible dependence on wing play got stifled. The truth is that Nigeria used to produce cerebral wingers who could at least cut in brilliantly and cross a damn ball with some intent...the present crop of wingers we have are just unwilling or unable to evolve into more dynamic players...going forward the emphasis should be to build this team around the midfield, we must get scouts to scavenge for fluid and technical ball playing midfielders who can progress the ball well and link up play brilliantly.. the likes of Etebo, Ndidi, Bonke etc unfortunately are just not the type of midfielders we need.
Morocco were one of the most effective users of wingplay at the WC. It’s how they created gaps to attack from on the counter. If anything, they are a very modern version of ceding possession in the middle and attacking on the flanks.

Note: this only worked because Amrabat was playing out of his skin.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

waka-man wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:59 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:17 am
Morocco were one of the most effective users of wingplay at the WC. It’s how they created gaps to attack from on the counter. If anything, they are a very modern version of ceding possession in the middle and attacking on the flanks.

Note: this only worked because Amrabat was playing out of his skin.
Morocco was one of the few teams comfortable on the ball and can play in tight places. Even when pressed by the opposition they were still able to maintain possession. They are a damn good TEAM.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

It makes no sense for Iheanacho to remain in Leicester. Actually it makes little sense for liecester to even keep him. It is a mismanagement of the asset from either perspective.

His market value will tank.

He signed an extension...what are the contractual obligations to put through a sale?

Iheanacho must have a very dumb football agent. For all we know, this guy could be tearing it up in Seria A lol.

Meanwhile he is being made to look like Shola Ameobi. What is his current salary at Leicester? I am trying to understand why he isn't pushing for a move or even a loan.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Lol the player is almost worth the same as he was when acquired from Manchester City. At this rate, Leicester will plunge his value below the acquisition value.

What happens if they don't beat the drop lol.

Bobo is on 80,000 pounds and will be a free agent next year. This could potentially be very bad financially for Leicester. Too expensive for the championship and a tanking market value.

Iheanacho would be a moron to accept a contract extension. Leicester have misused the asset and will almost certainly continue to misuse him. They won't give him another three years, they will give him a short extension, at which time who knows what happens to him.

If he walks now he can get a good deal. If he leaves it too soon, they will bleed him and he will be looking for a Turkey deal.

A good deal in La liga or serie a is realistic.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

If I'm iheanacho the only way I would even look at a contract extension is it they increase the lay (I don't care what they day about performance)...bump it up, give assurances about role in the team and make it a 5 year deal. Anything less and I walk.
Leicester have one final chance to say how committed they are to the player. I have seen so many players like this misused.

We lay the blame on players all the time, but clubs are very good at destroying talent.

100,000 pounds a week, maybe Vardy is sold off due to his age, and five year extension, and we discuss with the agent.

80,000 pounds a week and less than 3 years extension...and I use the contract to wipe the dog's arse. That's how foolish players end up in Turkey.

Pellegrini is the coach of Real Beth's by the way...I wonder if he fancies his old player. I don't know their situation, just a possibility...