Confirmed: Yira Sor to Genk

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Confirmed: Yira Sor to Genk

Post by maceo4 »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:27 am
maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:19 am He has more of what is needed in the Africa game, speed, tenacity, direct running which would be an asset to SE, he doesn’t have to be selected over Lookman or anybody just adds depth and brings that speed dynamic that Musa used to bring to vary our game plan and take advantage of tiring defenses.
Thank you. Dude is basically a younger version of Ahmed Musa. 1st sensible thing you have said since 2016.
See me see trouble o, I dey hype ya client you still dey insult me :rotf: :scared:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Moses Simon is already very very fast.

Speed alone means nothing.

You are all hyping this guy so much.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:28 am Moses Simon is already very very fast.

Moses Simon lacks end product, now Yira Sor has some end product aside from his pace, like i said before...time will tell if he's good enough or not, but we can definitely both agree that the team needs fresh prospects, it's left for the likes of Yira, Alhassan Yusuf etc to take their chances if it comes.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:12 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:28 am Moses Simon is already very very fast.

Moses Simon lacks end product, now Yira Sor has some end product aside from his pace, like i said before...time will tell if he's good enough or not, but we can definitely both agree that the team needs fresh prospects, it's left for the likes of Yira, Alhassan Yusuf etc to take their chances if it comes.
Sor has "end product" based on what ?

Like I said, junks like Simon and Onyekuru tore up the Belgian league.

Simon sef even has "end product" in France, yet he is useless for SE.

Just calm down the hype on Sor for now.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:18 am
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:12 am

Sor has "end product" based on what ?

Like I said, junks like Simon and Onyekuru tore up the Belgian league.

Simon sef even has "end product" in France, yet he is useless for SE.

Just calm down the hype on Sor for now.
Yira Sor will get his chance in the NT if he maintains a good form at Genk, and you can bet anything on that. This isn't hype but pure facts, the Yusuf you hype to high heavens and back also plays in the Belgian league you're dissing! just like Onyedika and Yusuf, Yira is an unproven player and he will get a call up to the NT based on FORM, everything else is just pure emotions and weird logic...just because Onyekuru and Simon failed at the NT doesn't mean that must be the pattern for every player!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Come on now he’s faster than Simon and more direct. Why are you trying to brush everything aside as hype, he’s a young player in the ascendancy, it’s like you sound threatened by him or something. We will all see if he can add something to the NT or not…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:48 am

Come on now he’s faster than Simon and more direct. Why are you trying to brush everything aside as hype, he’s a young player in the ascendancy, it’s like you sound threatened by him or something. We will all see if he can add something to the NT or not…
I really hope he is as good as yall are hyping him.

Me I'm tired of it because I've seen it so many times. Tearing up Belgium means nothing.

I'm not saying a good player cannot come from Belgium, not at all. But Sor has not proven himself YET. So let's see him as a prospect and stop penning him in to starting elevens already.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:48 am

VE's logic is interesting
He hypes Yusuf even though he has been in Belgium for years with no top clubs bidding for him (not saying Yusuf is a bad player as I actually rate him), but he's still an unproven player no matter how good he has been in Belgium...meanwhile Yira Sor moved from Slavia Prague to a even better league and club in such a short period of time...an indication that his trajectory is very promising, even Olayinka who has been in the same Slavia Prague for some years ended up in Serbia...
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Comparing Sor to Yusuf is silly.

We have PLENTY of wingers

We have very few midfielders.

It's like saying because Uzoho plays in Cyprus we can call up forwards from Cyprus.

Yusuf is also the top rated player for the current #3 team in the league.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:28 am Comparing Sor to Yusuf is silly.

We have PLENTY of wingers

We have very few midfielders.

It's like saying because Uzoho plays in Cyprus we can call up forwards from Cyprus.

Yusuf is also the top rated player for the current #3 team in the league.

No we don’t. What we have are a lot of players who can play on the wings but can not do what a winger does for the team. Most are wide forwards or SS. Sor is the only winger in the SE frame who checks all the boxes for a winger on both ends of the pitch. And, Btw, cam also play as a wide forward.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

What makes Sor an old school winger as opposed to a wide forward.

Nothing from the video highlights suggests he is an old school winger.

He actually does look like a young Musa, and Musa sure as hell was never an old school winger in the mold of finidi George.

So basically just another speedy wide forward, which we produce PLENTY of.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:28 pm What makes Sor an old school winger as opposed to a wide forward.

Nothing from the video highlights suggests he is an old school winger.

He actually does look like a young Musa, and Musa sure as hell was never an old school winger in the mold of finidi George.

So basically just another speedy wide forward, which we produce PLENTY of.
Look at the clips closer. I’ve made it a point to actually watch his Europa games and I came confirm to you without reservation that he is a true traditional winger.
OCCUPY NFF!!