Tudor Idowu - Future of Chelsea

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Tudor Idowu - Future of Chelsea

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

What do you think of this boy? Real deal or another Chukwueze or Simon? Our wingers have ruined my interest in wingers so much that I refuse to believe my eyes. Is this boy a potential real deal abi he’s just luring people into a cul de sac wing play future? Anyway sha, we should start approaching him now before Enguland in case he turns out goood.

[media] [/media]
[media] [/media]
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Tudor Idowu - Future of Chelsea

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:09 am What do you think of this boy? Real deal or another Chukwueze or Simon? Our wingers have ruined my interest in wingers so much that I refuse to believe my eyes. Is this boy a potential real deal abi he’s just luring people into a cul de sac wing play future? Anyway sha, we should start approaching him now before Enguland in case he turns out goood.

[media] [/media]
[media] [/media]
Hmmmm.
Insanely quick footwork but in addition to that, his sudden, unpredictable changes in direction is the real killer.
The combination is deadly. Must have an incredibly quick brain.
The boy is good but until he starts playing against men, we will never know.
How old is he?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

No wonder. Seems the boy is all-round gifted upstairs and downstairs….
Born in Berkshire, England, Mendel-Idowu was regarded as a child prodigy academically, featuring numerous times in national and international competitions, most notably coming second in the 2014 edition of Child Genius.[3]
At the age of thirteen, he was selected in the King's Scholar programme at Eton College.[4] He became a King’s Scholar at Eton and is currently studying Maths, Latin and Divinity and more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tudor_Mendel-Idowu
Him and his younger sister have been winning national language and other child competitions left and right in the UK since they were kids.

We discussed him in that context at the time on R&R (2014)

He’ll be 18 in a few weeks.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:52 am No wonder. Seems the boy is all-round gifted upstairs and downstairs….
Born in Berkshire, England, Mendel-Idowu was regarded as a child prodigy academically, featuring numerous times in national and international competitions, most notably coming second in the 2014 edition of Child Genius.[3]
At the age of thirteen, he was selected in the King's Scholar programme at Eton College.[4] He became a King’s Scholar at Eton and is currently studying Maths, Latin and Divinity and more.

Him and his younger sister have been winning national language and other child competitions left and right in the UK since they were kids.

Well if he’s intelligent you better send the right person to try and convince him to choose Nigeria as I’m not sure what Pinnick did last time but he didn’t impress most of those kids when he visited their family homes.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:13 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:52 am No wonder. Seems the boy is all-round gifted upstairs and downstairs….

Well if he’s intelligent you better send the right person to try and convince him to choose Nigeria as I’m not sure what Pinnick did last time but he didn’t impress most of those kids when he visited their family homes.
If I remember correctly from back in 2014 when he and his family were featured on the Child Genius TV series, his parents came across as wannabe Briticos -you know, the type that want to ‘feel among’ whilst distancing themselves from their origins.
I might be wrong, but that’s how they came across to me at the time.

So who knows what the young man’s thoughts on Nigeria will be?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Kid looks good
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

No chance in hell England will let this kid go, that's a superbly talented kid right there.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:51 am
Eaglezbeak wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:13 pm

If I remember correctly from back in 2014 when he and his family were featured on the Child Genius TV series, his parents came across as wannabe Briticos -you know, the type that want to ‘feel among’ whilst distancing themselves from their origins.
I might be wrong, but that’s how they came across to me at the time.

So who knows what the young man’s thoughts on Nigeria will be?
Well that’s that.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Smart kid and a baller but what kind of name is Tudor? I know it has somthing to do with royalty based on the TV show.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:39 pm Smart kid and a baller but what kind of name is Tudor? I know it has somthing to do with royalty based on the TV show.

That’s a high class innit name for sure.
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:24 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:39 pm Smart kid and a baller but what kind of name is Tudor? I know it has somthing to do with royalty based on the TV show.

:) :) :) for real. Imagine some of his Nigerian relatives trying to pronounce his name. My wife's parent in naija can barely pronounce my son's name (Ethan) talk less of Tudor :rotf:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:53 pm

:) :) :) for real. Imagine some of his Nigerian relatives trying to pronounce his name. My wife's parent in naija can barely pronounce my son's name (Ethan) talk less of Tudor :rotf:
There's a popular Yoruba family called Tuyo (pronounced 'Tuyor'). So Tudor shouldn't be hard.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:30 pm

There's a popular Yoruba family called Tuyo (pronounced 'Tuyor'). So Tudor shouldn't be hard.
Is that a Rep of Benin or Togolese Yoruba name? Never heard of that name before so I doubt it’s popular. Unless you mean “Tayo” or “Tunde”. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:45 am
Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:30 pm

Is that a Rep of Benin or Togolese Yoruba name? Never heard of that name before so I doubt it’s popular. Unless you mean “Tayo” or “Tunde”. :thumb:
No, Tuyo.
Quite wealthy too. One of those quietly successful families. Apparently they made their name in the early days by going into the commercial catering business. I don’t know much more than that, but I do know one branch of the family and one or two were in my school.
But you could be right on the Togolese/Rep of Benin origins. I have no idea. The name itself isn’t common.
Here’s a Tuyo, from a random Google search.