2023 Nigerian Professional Football League - Finidi George's Enyimba are the winners!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2023 Nigerian Professional Football League - Super 6 Playoffs!!!

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:43 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:02 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:21 pm Remo Stars and Sporting Lisbon are the future and the present. I am a 3SC fan but I will be rooting for all private own clubs. Government need to lease out stadiums and clubs to the private sector. Sort out the finances. It is time to privatize the league.
I am hoping that Remo Stars can become dominant and they are on the way already.

CAF just announced the clubs admitted to play in the first Super League and I am glad Nigeria's Enyimba and Rivers United did not get in. Africa does not need retrogressive clubs now. What is needed are 100% private entities such as Remo Starts participating. I am glad the first participants are all private. That is the way to go. Remo Stars UP NEXT.....
Who (mis)informed you that Enyimba didn’t get in?! :lol:

BTW, whatever happened to the likes of the much-touted FC IfeanyiUbah?
Gotti,

As far as I know, Enyimba is NOT in the first iteration of this competition. That much was widely publicized. What happens afterwards we shall see. I realize Enyimba and I believe Rivers were initially listed but I hope that they are OUT for good.

As for Ifeanyi Ubah. You know the drill. It fell apart. Very good example, actually!! There are other similar examples, BTW. Many private ones will fall apart in as league where state-owned clubs make the rules. That is precisely the point. What is needed is a league with entirely or majority private clubs that make all decisions focused on a business-model that will not be watered down by a league where the majority are state-owned clubs. That is the difference.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:30 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:21 pm Remo Stars and Sporting Lisbon are the future and the present. I am a 3SC fan but I will be rooting for all private own clubs. Government need to lease out stadiums and clubs to the private sector. Sort out the finances. It is time to privatize the league.
I am hoping that Remo Stars can become dominant and they are on the way already.

CAF just announced the clubs admitted to play in the first Super League and I am glad Nigeria's Enyimba and Rivers United did not get in. Africa does not need retrogressive clubs now. What is needed are 100% private entities such as Remo Starts participating. I am glad the first participants are all private. That is the way to go. Remo Stars UP NEXT.....

Gotti,

As far as I know, Enyimba is NOT in the first iteration of this competition. That much was widely publicized. What happens afterwards we shall see. I realize Enyimba and I believe Rivers were initially listed but I hope that they are OUT for good.

As for Ifeanyi Ubah. You know the drill. It fell apart. Very good example, actually!! There are other similar examples, BTW. Many private ones will fall apart in as league where state-owned clubs make the rules. That is precisely the point. What is needed is a league with entirely or majority private clubs that make all decisions focused on a business-model that will not be watered down by a league where the majority are state-owned clubs. That is the difference.
EII,

I find it difficult to believe that the machinations of State sponsored clubs are solely responsible for the abbreviated seasons, the sketchy officiating and inadequate facilities🤔❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:12 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:30 am

Gotti,

EII,

I find it difficult to believe that the machinations of State sponsored clubs are solely responsible for the abbreviated seasons, the sketchy officiating and inadequate facilities🤔❗️

Cheers.
TTTK

That is not what I refer to, though. My reference is simply that state sponsored clubs, like state entities, are not driven by profit motive and often are driven by a sense of pocketing public funds.

As for the abbreviated league season, that is a broken record for years when the so-called club owners [dominated by state appointees] always claim they need more time for recruitment in preparation even after a start date had been long announced. The result is that the plan to align the NPFL season to the Euro season has continually failed annually. This one reason for the recent abbreviated season as the league administrators attempt, one mire time, to align the season. Let's see if the club owners will not once more ask for more time!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

League finally about start tomorrow. I want Remo stars or Sporting Lagos to win. The traditional powerhouses are back Shooting, Rangers, Enyimba, Insurance, Pillars, Rivers, Heartland and etc. Should be a competitive league. Any update on the startimes tv deal.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx