Paul Onuachu is good.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Paul Onuachu is good.

Post by bushboy »

Thanks to ESPN+ I am able to watch the Belgian league live and direct.

I watched big Paul play against Brugge this morning, and he was a joy to behold. Good touch. Hold up. Finishing. He showed it all. There is NO WAY he remains in Belgium beyond this season.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Paul Onuachu is good.

Post by vancity eagle »

bushboy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:20 pm Thanks to ESPN+ I am able to watch the Belgian league live and direct.

I watched big Paul play against Brugge this morning, and he was a joy to behold. Good touch. Hold up. Finishing. He showed it all. There is NO WAY he remains in Belgium beyond this season.
But he has remained there for years, and every year we hear of all the suitors for them to never materialize.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

bushboy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:20 pm Thanks to ESPN+ I am able to watch the Belgian league live and direct.

Oh oh. The Curse.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

waka-man wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:50 pm

Oh oh. The Curse.
:rotf:
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

waka-man wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:50 pm

Oh oh. The Curse.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And what has the other players that have not remained there done? The guy is our bona-fide no.3 when Sadiq is healthy.

1. Osimhen
2. Sadiq
3. Onuachu
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:22 pm

But he has remained there for years, and every year we hear of all the suitors for them to never materialize.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

No match report? Anyway Genk won 3-1 and Air Onauchu scored the second of the 3 goals.

Nigerians never value what they have. Requiring validation by the White man.

Air Onauchu provides Nigeria with an attacking advantage in the air against any opposition. We all saw the importance of crosses during the World Cup.

The Nigerian national team needs to drop all the wingers that can not cross ball onto Air Onauchu’s head (Moses, Lukemon,Chukwueze, & Ejuke).

Recall Victor Moses.

Currently the National team play “set” football; where Simon Moses tries to dribble everyone and score. Chukweze plays the same. On average the team gets about seven corner kicks per game all are wasted by Simon Moses & Kelechi. All the free kicks wasted it beg s the question what does Moses & Kelechi do in training don’t they practice their craft? Do they think Mahrez just shows up game time and takes the set plays?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Local champion.
When given the opportunity to lead the Naija line, dude flubbed.
There’s a reason he is still stuck in Belgium in spite of his exploits there.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Flex Swift wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:14 pm No match report? Anyway Genk won 3-1 and Air Onauchu scored the second of the 3 goals.

Nigerians never value what they have. Requiring validation by the White man.

Air Onauchu provides Nigeria with an attacking advantage in the air against any opposition. We all saw the importance of crosses during the World Cup.

The Nigerian national team needs to drop all the wingers that can not cross ball onto Air Onauchu’s head (Moses, Lukemon,Chukwueze, & Ejuke).

Recall Victor Moses.

Currently the National team play “set” football; where Simon Moses tries to dribble everyone and score. Chukweze plays the same. On average the team gets about seven corner kicks per game all are wasted by Simon Moses & Kelechi. All the free kicks wasted it beg s the question what does Moses & Kelechi do in training don’t they practice their craft? Do they think Mahrez just shows up game time and takes the set plays?
Kpom kpom kpom! All the yeye wingers that can't cross need to be dropped. We only have 1 winger that can cross the ball. His name is Yira Sor.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What has the world champions that are not stuck in Belgium done for Naija?
Otitokoro wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:51 pm Local champion.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Your comment is a complete lie he has always delivered for Nigeria!!!

He did not play in the last Afcon - the non scoring strikers were Awoniyi, Sadqi, Musa & Kelechi

He did not play against Ghana World Cup qualifier as he was not selected - the non performing Strikers were Osimhen, Kelechi, Musa, Dennis, Sadqi & Igalo.

To qualify for Afcon Nigeria needed to beat Benin away from home. Osimhen played 90mins in that game no goal. Onauchu was introduced in the second half and scored ,Nigeria won 1-0 to qualify. If he did not play that game would have ended 0-0.

What does Nigeria do. Next they sack the-coach and over haul the team bringing in Awoniyi and Sadqi, players that didn’t play a single qualifier. Result the worst performance in 35 years. Losing to a COViD ravaged Tunisia team. Over 90mins none of the selected strikers could score.

Nigeria away against Cape Verde….. we were losing 1 nil until Paul was introduced in the second half and caused panic in the box allowing Osimhen to score. Paul caused panic again and Cape Verde scored an own goal. Nigeria won away 2-1.

Over 2 legs against Ghana none of the so called better strikers could score a single goal against Ghana. But let’s continue to select them.

Let us lie to ourselves and continue to select non productive strikers: (Awoniyi, Sadqi , Ighalo , Musa, Dennis, Kelechi) we saw them at the last Afcon and against Ghana but that doesn’t matter :taunt:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Hilarious.

So we now failed to qualify for WC and failed at the afcon because we dropped Onuachu ?

Guy has sacked big time for SE. He has gotten plenty of chances and done zilch.

Osimehn is our air attack. He has the most headed goals in all the top leagues of Europe.

We don't need a slow basketballer who will kill our counter attacks.

We have Moffi, Sadiq, Dennis, Nacho, Lookman, Awoniyi who can all play striker role. Even Balogun who wants to rep us.

We don't need a slow Belgian basketballer.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:43 am

He did not play in the last Afcon - the non scoring strikers were Awoniyi, Sadqi, Musa & Kelechi

He did not play against Ghana World Cup qualifier as he was not selected - the non performing Strikers were Osimhen, Kelechi, Musa, Dennis, Sadqi & Igalo.

To qualify for Afcon Nigeria needed to beat Benin away from home. Osimhen played 90mins in that game no goal. Onauchu was introduced in the second half and scored ,Nigeria won 1-0 to qualify. If he did not play that game would have ended 0-0.

What does Nigeria do. Next they sack the-coach and over haul the team bringing in Awoniyi and Sadqi, players that didn’t play a single qualifier. Result the worst performance in 35 years. Losing to a COViD ravaged Tunisia team. Over 90mins none of the selected strikers could score.

Nigeria away against Cape Verde….. we were losing 1 nil until Paul was introduced in the second half and caused panic in the box allowing Osimhen to score. Paul caused panic again and Cape Verde scored an own goal. Nigeria won away 2-1.

Over 2 legs against Ghana none of the so called better strikers could score a single goal against Ghana. But let’s continue to select them.

Let us lie to ourselves and continue to select non productive strikers: (Awoniyi, Sadqi , Ighalo , Musa, Dennis, Kelechi) we saw them at the last Afcon and against Ghana but that doesn’t matter :taunt:
He needs to perform in a top five league against top tier opposition.
Despite his desire to move for how many seasons, he still has not been snapped out.
Any idea why?

If it’s headed goals, then no one is better than Osimhen right now.
He needs to show his true mettle, but nobody seems to want him.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:51 am

Despite his desire to move for how many seasons, he still has not been snapped out.
Any idea why?

If I am to understand you until Air Onauchu moves to a better league he doesn’t deserve to play for Nigeria? Like I said Nigerians always need validation from the whiteman before they value what they have.

So what happens when the opposition shut down Osimhen ? like Ghana did over two legs? They placed two man markers on him.

Nigeria will not win Afcon with Awoniyi, Sadqi, Dennis, Moffi & Kelechi leading the attack. The last Afcon proved that.

Nigeria equally will fail to qualify for next World Cup if we use the same wingers and the strikers listed. Look at our current form: Mexico 2-1 Moffi played, Ecuador 1-0 Moffi played, Algeria 2-1 Moffi & Ademola played, Portugal 4-0 Moffi started, Ademola played, Iwobi played, Aribo played, Simon played, Chukwueze played. The only person missing was Ejuke another non crossing winger.

Anyway what’s my own, continue with the same useless wingers and non performing Strikers from the last Afcon.

Awoniyi & Dennis will be relegated from the EPL, Joe Aribo will also be relegated, Kelechi and Ndidi are now benchwarmers in a team which is fighting relegation.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:23 am Hilarious.

So we now failed to qualify for WC and failed at the afcon because we dropped Onuachu ?

Guy has sacked big time for SE. He has gotten plenty of chances and done zilch.

Osimehn is our air attack. He has the most headed goals in all the top leagues of Europe.

We don't need a slow basketballer who will kill our counter attacks.

We have Moffi, Sadiq, Dennis, Nacho, Lookman, Awoniyi who can all play striker role. Even Balogun who wants to rep us.

We don't need a slow Belgian basketballer.
How did the forwards/strikers you listed above do during the last World Cup qualifier against Ghana? How many goals did Awoniyi and Sadiq score at the last Afcon? Awoniyi will be relegated end of season. From what I have seen of Moffi he is a average striker
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

When you’ve got managers that don’t know how to use one of the best headers of the ball ( Oshimen) against a short Ghanaian defence you shouldn’t be surprised that Paul.O hasn’t been able to shine for Nigeria.
With competent tacticians quality is able to flourish,Nigeria was willing to throw on Ahmed Musa to chase a most win game and if that doesn’t show you the lack of idea’s nothing will.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:10 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:51 am

Any idea why?

If I am to understand you until Air Onauchu moves to a better league he doesn’t deserve to play for Nigeria? Like I said Nigerians always need validation from the whiteman before they value what they have.
You guys and this your "white man" trope.
Pure projection of self. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dude, playing in a top tier legue has got nothing to do with "the white man". :D
Its down to quality of opposition (and team mates), a large proportion of whom are black and South American.

Sorry.
This is you overcompensating for your latent insecurities.
White man this, oyibo man that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
So what happens when the opposition shut down Osimhen ? like Ghana did over two legs? They placed two man markers on him.
Nigeria will not win Afcon with Awoniyi, Sadqi, Dennis, Moffi & Kelechi leading the attack. The last Afcon proved that.

Nigeria equally will fail to qualify for next World Cup if we use the same wingers and the strikers listed. Look at our current form: Mexico 2-1 Moffi played, Ecuador 1-0 Moffi played, Algeria 2-1 Moffi & Ademola played, Portugal 4-0 Moffi started, Ademola played, Iwobi played, Aribo played, Simon played, Chukwueze played. The only person missing was Ejuke another non crossing winger.

Anyway what’s my own, continue with the same useless wingers and non performing Strikers from the last Afcon.

Awoniyi & Dennis will be relegated from the EPL, Joe Aribo will also be relegated, Kelechi and Ndidi are now benchwarmers in a team which is fighting relegation.
All these guys you casually dismiss, you think they wouldn't be performing better in Belgium and Denmark and Holland? Chances are they would. So if you think they are so bad, let Onuachu move up and prove you right. Until then, I'd rather rely on the hundreds of scouts and managers around the top leagues that are forever looking for the next best thing to elevate their teams, whether they are black or white. :roll: . Sadly, after everything, Onuachu is not one of them.

Let Onuachu show what he can do against the world's top players - black, white and Latino.
If he can't do that, then you should be questioning him, not those that want him to perform with the world's very best.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Wow!
Onuachu was introduced as a sub for Osimhen in the 84th min (the go ahead goal for Nigeria was in the 75th min).
Match Stats

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

He, like any other worthy Nigerian, deserves to be considered to represent his country, PROVIDED he or she is good enough!
The fact of the matter is Paul Onuachu is NOT good enough to lead the line for Nigeria. Period!

Dude scored on his debut against Egypt in a friendly. It took him 2 yrs (and 14 games later) to score his second goal. That kind of production is POOR by international standards.
Over the past 3 years, we have been inundated with all sorts of stories of him being scouted for that big move to the biggest and best clubs in Italy, Germany and mostly England. All of these turned out to be hoaxes (primary his peeps trying to fly kites on his behalf). Not even an offer or inquiry.

Still waiting on him to make that move that his supporters have kept saying he will make. Until then, dude is nothing but a local champion!

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Please refer to my previous post/comments about his mediocre production rate for Nigeria - shooting blanks when given opportunity after opportunity to perform. Dude is a dud!

The fact that he is supposedly tall does not mean he is a good header of the ball. Afterall, Nwankwo Kanu, who was close to Paul Onuachu's height, was a poor header of the ball.
Onuachu lacks the pace, skill and all around ball skills to lead the Nigerian line. Rohr used him the right way - as a bench player (and even at that, there were better players at the time he could have leaned on).
Nigeria has better options now!

BTW, your comments about Ghana feed into the reason why we lost to them - Nigerian utter arrogance, disrespect and disregard for the Ghanaian team. Just as Djiku shut down Osimhen for the most part, Djiku would have had Onuachu's breakfast, lunch and dinner with ease in that game, had Onuachu played.
Eaglezbeak wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:53 pm
When you’ve got managers that don’t know how to use one of the best headers of the ball ( Oshimen) against a short Ghanaian defence you shouldn’t be surprised that Paul.O hasn’t been able to shine for Nigeria.
With competent tacticians quality is able to flourish,Nigeria was willing to throw on Ahmed Musa to chase a most win game and if that doesn’t show you the lack of idea’s nothing will.
Last edited by Otitokoro on Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:03 pm He, like any other worthy Nigerian, deserves to be considered to represent his country, PROVIDED he or she is good enough!
The fact of the matter is Paul Onuachu is NOT good enough to lead the line for Nigeria. Period!

Dude scored on his debut against Egypt in a friendly. It took him 2 yrs (and 14 games later) to score his second goal. That kind of production is POOR by international standards.
Over the past 3 years, we have been inundated with all sorts of stories of him being scouted for that big move to the biggest and best clubs in Italy, Germany and mostly England. All of these turned out to be hoaxes (primary his peeps trying to fly kites on his behalf). Not even an offer or inquiry.

Still waiting on him to make that move that his supporters have kept saying he will make. Until then, dude is nothing but a local champion!

That’s unfair to Paul.

Apart from Osimhen, our strikers are not delivering for the SE so Paul is not unique. He has 3 goals in 16 starts which is poor but not a reason to abandon hope. Umar has 1 in 7, Moffi 2 in 7.

Of course boy wonder is on a different planet with 15 in 23.

Nacho incidentally has 11 in 42 which is poor but still better than most in the squad.

The position of Osimhen’s partner/understudy is wide open. Let’s not cast anyone aside.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

The facts are the facts - he has been in the Nigerian setup much longer than Moffi (who btw, has 3 goals in 9) who has a better production rate.
People tend to forget that Paul Onuachu would be 30 soon, much older than most, if not ALL our strikers (older than Dessers too).
Nigeria needs to move on, please!
waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:17 pm
That’s unfair to Paul.

Apart from Osimhen, our strikers are not delivering for the SE so Paul is not unique. He has 3 goals in 16 starts which is poor but not a reason to abandon hope. Umar has 1 in 7, Moffi 2 in 7.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:29 pm The facts are the facts - he has been in the Nigerian setup much longer than Moffi (who btw, has 3 goals in 9) who has a better production rate.
People tend to forget that Paul Onuachu would be 30 soon, much older than most, if not ALL our strikers (older than Dessers too).
Nigeria needs to move on, please!
waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:17 pm
That’s unfair to Paul.

The facts are indeed the facts, and the facts are that after Osimhen it’s slim pickings.

I like Moffi and think he’ll go far. I put him ahead of Awoniyi (1 in 4) and Sadiq and he does a similar thing. Paul is a different kettle, and brings a completely different set of assets, even if he’s gangly and unpleasing to the eye.