Dominic Iorfa ready to play for Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Dominic Iorfa ready to play for Nigeria

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... es-u-turn/

His father now says his son is ready to play for Nigeria at 27yrs old and still playing for Sheffield W in the championship. This man made a terrible mistake by not allowing his son to honor an invitation to play for Nigeria 6yrs ago. Had he allowed his son to play for SE, it’s likely his son’s profile would be much higher than it is today as he would likely had gone to the 2018 WC and played in a couple Afcons for Nigeria. Now he wants his 27yrs old son to play for SE. Well, he’s not good enough anymore and we don’t need him.

I hope the likes of Eze, Olise and Ugochukwu are paying attention. Get it while u can.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Dominic Iorfa ready to play for Nigeria

Post by Sunset »

Sheffield are in League One (3rd division) and have been for the past 2 seasons
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The ship has sailed.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sunset wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:47 pm Sheffield are in League One (3rd division) and have been for the past 2 seasons
Wow. I even give an championship. This is sad. I can understand him falling to league 1 after playing for Nigeria but not ever playing international football has definitely hurt his career. Have we ever even had a SE player fall to League 1 after playing for SE at 27yrs old? Mr Iorfa did not help his son’s career.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Nigeria should help this guy get out of the third division, abi una dey heartless?! 😝
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

He can try his luck with Shooting stars of Ibadan, I'm sure they wouldn't mind his quality :taunt:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:53 am He can try his luck with Shooting stars of Ibadan, I'm sure they wouldn't mind his quality :taunt:

No way dude. Ibadan will not be a good place for him to play. I recommend Rivers United for him to rediscover his form and earn a spot on the SE. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I don’t know where people get the arrogance to think they can dictate to or make demands of Nigeria. As far as I am concerned, lower division players who are not sought after in better leagues or are over the hill shouldn’t be dreaming of playing for the SuperEagles. I can understand looking at 18 to 21 year-olds with obvious potential but a 27 year-old Ligue 1 player is definitely not it❗️

Cheers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: His father like the father of Torunarigha insulted us. No problem. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:57 pm The ship has sailed.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:54 am I don’t know where people get the arrogance to think they can dictate to or make demands of Nigeria. As far as I am concerned, lower division players who are not sought after in better leagues or are over the hill shouldn’t be dreaming of playing for the SuperEagles. I can understand looking at 18 to 21 year-olds with obvious potential but a 27 year-old Ligue 1 player is definitely not it❗️

Cheers.
On top of all that the man was particularly disrespectful.
It’s one thing to be diplomatic and non-committal but it’s another to say the kind of things he said.
Now he has the cheek to openly push for his son to wear the GWG.
He should go and sit down somewhere.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:18 pm https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... es-u-turn/

His father now says his son is ready to play for Nigeria at 27yrs old and still playing for Sheffield W in the championship. This man made a terrible mistake by not allowing his son to honor an invitation to play for Nigeria 6yrs ago. Had he allowed his son to play for SE, it’s likely his son’s profile would be much higher than it is today as he would likely had gone to the 2018 WC and played in a couple Afcons for Nigeria. Now he wants his 27yrs old son to play for SE. Well, he’s not good enough anymore and we don’t need him.

I hope the likes of Eze, Olise and Ugochukwu are paying attention. Get it while u can.
The man should kip kwayet ‘jare.
What makes him think his son is good enough to even enter the CHAN team if he were eligible sef?
That would be disrespecting the CHAN team.

Sheffield Wednesday ko, Minefield Monday ni.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:57 pm The ship has sailed.

That ship didn't just sail, it has sunk.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Kai you guys are wicked, don’t make the son pay for the sins of the father…how ship wey never even leave port come sink, Kai 😂
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:56 am Kai you guys are wicked, don’t make the son pay for the sins of the father…how ship wey never even leave port come sink, Kai 😂
Na NNPC tanker.
:laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Nothing wrong with his father, setting very high standards and desiring the best for his son.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

They wanted his father to make a choice for his child that they will never make.
fabio wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:59 am Nothing wrong with his father, setting very high standards and desiring the best for his son.
Last edited by 1naija on Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:59 am Nothing wrong with his father, setting very high standards and desiring the best for his son.
The father should not lower the high standards. Let them keep to their high standards!
I am happy
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:22 am
The father should not lower the high standards. Let them keep to their high standards!
He’s reached his highest standard at Sheffield Wednesdays ,not everyone can play at the highest level but he shouldn’t give up on dream to play for England.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Exactly.
The fact that it was the father speaking for a grown man also says a lot.
Can't imagine my father dictating to me at age 23 where I should work as a professional.
Sounds funny. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:18 pm
Exactly.
Can't imagine my father dictating to me at age 23 where I should work as a professional.
Uncle Damunk, I hope you know playing for a country is not classified as professional work.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:31 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:18 pm
Exactly.
Uncle Damunk, I hope you know playing for a country is not classified as professional work.
Broda Fabio.
You're splitting hairs. Same difference.
Its a professional decision and at that age, I should be making my own choices; not allowing my father to be speaking for me and my career options in public.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

What age did Sola Ameobi make his debut for Naija?
Dominic knows what to do to get his son in, even Jordan Ibe's father knows what to do as does Ojokojo.
Once they do, they'll be in and there's nowt anyone on here can do about it.