Osimhen is a complete player that is the difference.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Osimhen is a complete player that is the difference.

Post by YUJAM »

He is not complete which is the scary part given how good he’s been.

His ceiling is really high. I hope he stays healthy and continues to improve.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

metalalloy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:23 am
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:06 am We no get the players to feed him…
Simple.. He is a class above his teammates.
Simply not true. He has a great set around especially the Georgian star.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:53 pm He is not complete which is the scary part given how good he’s been.

His ceiling is really high. I hope he stays healthy and continues to improve.

Several aspects of his game are a work in progress.
Quite impressed by how he's developing; his movement's getting better and better. Need work on composure in his finishing...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Maybe I am biased - but i think he would benefit from a team like madrid and a senior striker like Benzema,, my selfishness i sthat I will want him to play every game unless he is injured, y second issue is selfish Vini , But RM needs a player like him yesterday plus this for sure in Benzema's last season in top flight.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Believe it or not
Egg
Egg

Post by Believe it or not »

So will he take a penalty today. …
Believe it or not
Egg
Egg

Post by Believe it or not »

He scores the penalty but they are knocked out.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

YUJAM wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:54 pm
Oga Yujam, he meant in the SE not at Napoli…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Gotcha. That may well be true, chief
maceo4 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:03 am
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Gotcha. That may well be true, chief
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Why does Okereke continue to be ignored?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hmm so Spalletti started Raspa-gini and Simion-gini and they huffed and puffed to a 2- 2 ..

Subbed in some first team players to try and win in regular time and pena and they still lost :(

hmmm those that said Raspa and Simion ( ginis ) send Victor to the land of benching ok o.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:18 am Hmm so Spalletti started Raspa-gini and Simion-gini and they huffed and puffed to a 2- 2 ..

Subbed in some first team players to try and win in regular time and pena and they still lost :(

hmmm those that said Raspa and Simion ( ginis ) send Victor to the land of benching ok o.
I wonder the number of goals scored in the game by Raspberry and Pikin Cholo is directly proportional to the amount of bench-time Osimhen will get. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bret- hart wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:00 am Why does Okereke continue to be ignored?
New client? I’ve been advocating for him sha…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

I was referring to the Nigerian set up.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:thumb:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

deanotito wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:12 am T Bite, all I said was:

“Complete, that’s a bit of a stretch”.

Na becos of that you come dump this thesis??
Well it seems to me that his whole value is actually predicated on that. He tears defences to shreds in so many different ways. Off the ball, on the ball, aerially etc.

It would be like saying that Xavi is a good distributor is a bit of a stretch. I think what makes Osimhen Osimhen is that he is dynamic. To call him a mere goal machine would be insulting IMO. And why not write a thesis lol. I am a very quick typist..which is what I have been telling people on CE for years.

You guys still don't have any idea how quickly I can write posts. I wrote an entire Master's thesis in less than 24 hours (10,000 words), this is not a joke or exaggeration. And yes it passed, though not my best work.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

How about Osihmen v Harry Kane. Who better pass?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Spalletti hails Napoli unity and ‘complete package’ Osimhen
Luciano Spalletti was full of praise for the unity in the Napoli squad after Giovanni Simeone came off the bench to beat Roma and described Victor Osimhen as ‘the complete package.’

The Partenopei were already 12 points clear going into the second half of the season and only expanded that lead to 13 points thanks to this hard-fought victory and the crumbling form of Milan.

Osimhen scored perhaps the best goal of his Napoli career, control with his chest, then thigh before a volley into the roof of the net, cancelled out by Stephan El Shaarawy at the back post.

It was Cholito Simeone who came off the bench and confirmed their sheer strength in depth to snatch the winner in the final minutes.

“You win these games if you prove that you are determined to win, from the kit staff to the last man on the bench,” Spalletti told DAZN.

“These are complicated matches, but those who came on proved that they were already in the game from the bench. That is a fundamental quality for our team, because these long seasons with this intensity, if you don’t have everyone within the daily work and enthusiastic about what their teammates do, eager to play alongside their teammates rather than just take their place, then you won’t get these results.”

Since three points for a win were introduced in 1994-95, no team has been 13 points clear after just 20 rounds.

Spalletti was asked about the role of the full-backs at Napoli, with Giovanni Di Lorenzo and Mario Rui cutting inside, as Kvicha Kvaratskhelia and Hirving Lozano push up.

“We play like that because of the characteristics we have at our disposal. When you are facing a five-man defence, if we play inside and pass it down the right, then cross to the left-back, then they don’t have time to cover the space on the other side and we can reach the edge of the box.

“We didn’t have as much courage and quality as usual in moving the ball around tonight, so consequently that helped Roma with the high press. We also didn’t give Osimhen the right service, but he did well to find the spaces anyway.”

That Osimhen goal was perhaps the best of his Napoli career and Spalletti was exhilarated by it too.

“There is everything in that goal, technical quality, character to juggle the ball between two defenders, then he hit this rocket into the net, as he really has got a cannon for a foot. He has physical strength, accepts the challenge, tracks back to help, is good in the air. He is the complete package.”

Despite that goal and performance, Spalletti still substituted Osimhen when Napoli had just conceded the equaliser from El Shaarawy.

“You can’t always play the same guys and forget what you saw during the week from the others. We have to take into account what everyone does, how eager they all are to show what they can do. Otherwise, we are not complete coaches.

“At the start of the season when Osimhen was injured, Raspadori and Simeone allowed us to win the Champions League group, so it is not fair to just discard them now.”

Jose Mourinho said that Spalletti had given him a birthday gift, so what was it?

“I gave him a Pulcinella, a famous character of Naples. I give one to every coach who comes here to play.”

https://football-italia.net/spalletti-h ... e-osimhen/
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Tbite wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:08 pm Forget about the stats, that isn't what the scouts are looking at. The most impressive thing is the dynamism. It is important because it means he can translate to many football systems.
Scouts will look at stats, especially their data analytics units. They're just looking far beyond the goals/assists stats which only fascinate the likes of bigpokey.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Well there is also the eye test, and the guy passes the eye test. There can be no question about a purple patch or luck or this or that. He passes the eye test. Even if he had weak numbers, just looking at how he plays, I would have a LOT OF FAITH in him.