What Club Should Osimhen Sign For & Why?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: What Club Should Osimhen Sign For & Why?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wiseone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:34 pm Thierry Henry reckons Man Utd should sign Kane instead or Osimhen (his rationale is that Kane already knows the EPL).

Did Halaand already know the EPL...smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:55 am
wiseone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:34 pm Thierry Henry reckons Man Utd should sign Kane instead or Osimhen (his rationale is that Kane already knows the EPL).

Henry has the right to his opinion. What I will say though is that if Osimhen joins United, it will NOT be because United had to sit down and think about making a choice between Osimhen and Kane. It will be because United begged Osimhen and showered him with every single dime they have, pleading for him to join them. People have no clue how in demand he is, and the caliber of clubs that have already approached Napoli and his agent. lol make them continue. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:59 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:55 am

Henry has the right to his opinion. What I will say though is that if Osimhen joins United, it will NOT be because United had to sit down and think about making a choice between Osimhen and Kane. It will be because United begged Osimhen and showered him with every single dime they have, pleading for him to join them. People have no clue how in demand he is, and the caliber of clubs that have already approached Napoli and his agent. lol make them continue. :D
Abi ooo.. the way Chelsea are trying so hard to get him is insane sef. Even if one had the choice to pick Kane or Vic, won't you pick the one that is still developing? All I know be say Vic is a player I don't want to watch playing against a team I like. He is a scary footballer to face up. Ale on espn summarize him and compared him to Ronaldo de Lima aka CR9
SuperEagles

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Can you believe that someone advised him to join Leeds?!

🤦🏽

cybersoccerfan
Egg
Egg

Post by cybersoccerfan »

mastermind wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:34 pm He's a world class player. He's compared to Drogba by Mourinho. With his talent he could score goals in the moon....lol. He should go to the biggest club in the world which is real madrid, he'll bench old Benzema.

I would like to see him at RM :-) However, as pointed out RM has not had a main #9 in a long time - Benzema drops a lot to initiate attacks before getting into the box and perhaps this explains his season so far, with the injuries and age. However, Benzema might still be around for a year as well.

If he moves to RM, they will have to change the playing approach - get a forward for the RW or younger RWB.

I think the idea of going to Bayern for the style of play is a fair one.

Wherever he moves to, there will be pressure - price tag, etc - hopefully he makes the right choice and things work out for him.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:02 pm Can you believe that someone advised him to join Leeds?!

🤦🏽

I guess we don’t recognize the ultimate Leeds fan Ayo Akinfe anymore :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

wiseone wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:02 pm Can you believe that someone advised him to join Leeds?!

🤦🏽
Probably Ayo.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:rotf:

Cruelty is plentiful on this site.
The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:24 pm

🤦🏽
Probably Ayo.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Madrid
Liverpool
Barcelona
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

No to Bayern abeg! Madrid needs a top number 9. Benzema is getting old..

Liverpool because of Klopp.. he will win trophies with Klopp.

Barcelona needs a striker. lewandosky is old..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Purity wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:18 pm Madrid
Liverpool
Barcelona
Barcelona can’t afford Osimhen.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Arsenal 😁

It’s a young, ambitious team with a fighters mentality which will fit him well
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

As I was saying…

wiseone wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:57 pm I do not think Osimhen will leave this summer because:

1) Napoli will be in the Champions League and/or Serie A champions so can negotiate from a position of strength, argue that they do not need the money, and hold out unless/until another club offers Mudryk type money for Osimhen.

2) Most clubs who can afford him have serious problems. Man City are embroiled in a FFP scandal and the last thing they want is to make things worse by spending £90-100 million on a new player, PSG do not need him, and Man Utd have financial constraints.

That leaves Real Madrid. The only way Osimhen can go to Madrid is if Benzema leaves or retires.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This does not mean he won't or cant move. It just means he won't leave on free transfer. Analysts say this is standard practice.
wiseone wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:07 pm As I was saying…

wiseone wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:57 pm I do not think Osimhen will leave this summer because:

1) Napoli will be in the Champions League and/or Serie A champions so can negotiate from a position of strength, argue that they do not need the money, and hold out unless/until another club offers Mudryk type money for Osimhen.

2) Most clubs who can afford him have serious problems. Man City are embroiled in a FFP scandal and the last thing they want is to make things worse by spending £90-100 million on a new player, PSG do not need him, and Man Utd have financial constraints.

That leaves Real Madrid. The only way Osimhen can go to Madrid is if Benzema leaves or retires.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:37 pm This does not mean he won't or cant move. It just means he won't leave on free transfer. Analysts say this is standard practice.
wiseone wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:07 pm As I was saying…

CORRECT. In a free market, the only thing that can prevent a move is agreeing a price. Nothing more or less.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:18 pm

CORRECT. In a free market, the only thing that can prevent a move is agreeing a price. Nothing more or less.
Funny enough, he is even now more likely to move next summer. People forget how ADL refused to sell Koulibaly for years. Didnt matter how much was offered or who offered it. Koulibaly was only sold at the end, when he was finished and when his contract was winding down.

What Osimhen has done (mind you, Osimhen is only free in 2025 and not 2024) -- is that he has guaranteed (Like Kim) that the decision for his sale will be between 2 parties, instead of 3 (Osimhen and the new club).

Finally, some people believe and have argued that the 120m which Osimhen fought for and insisted on is the amount he has already agreed with another club to pay for him. Thats why he refused to sign until that amount was included in the contract. We will find out.

Para aqui, para ya, THANK YOU, JOHN OGU for saying the truth about the cursed pain and bitterness within the demonic soul of most Nigerians.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:28 pm

Funny enough, he is even now more likely to move next summer. People forget how ADL refused to sell Koulibaly for years. Didnt matter how much was offered or who offered it. Koulibaly was only sold at the end, when he was finished and when his contract was winding down.

What Osimhen has done (mind you, Osimhen is only free in 2025 and not 2024) -- is that he has guaranteed (Like Kim) that the decision for his sale will be between 2 parties, instead of 3 (Osimhen and the new club).

Finally, some people believe and have argued that the 120m which Osimhen fought for and insisted on is the amount he has already agreed with another club to pay for him. Thats why he refused to sign until that amount was included in the contract. We will find out.

Para aqui, para ya, THANK YOU, JOHN OGU for saying the truth about the cursed pain and bitterness within the demonic soul of most Nigerians.
I believe he will move as far as he continues to score. He clearly has the mentality to dominate. Someone will come calling and will pay. I look at the EPL, and clearly there are needy clubs that can pay for this guy ins pite of the barrier set up here.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:28 pm

Danfo, hush, and stop telling the ice block heads too much info. let them keep shouting . Some Nigerians are too clueless
SuperEagles

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

If he was going to re-sign for Napoli, he might as well have gone to Saudi Arabia when they offered him insane money
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:20 pm If he was going to re-sign for Napoli, he might as well have gone to Saudi Arabia when they offered him insane money

:lol: :lol: :lol: