What Club Should Osimhen Sign For & Why?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What Club Should Osimhen Sign For & Why?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Nothing wrong with resigning with Napoli. He increases his wages and Napoli gets to put in a higher sell clause, win win for both parties that doesn’t stop him from being sold to one of the few clubs who can afford him. My only concern is that only Chelsea and Man U can afford him and non are likely to be in the CL next yr. Arsenal could but they’re too stingy, city has Haaland. Liverpool for me would be the best option if they are interested. Real of course would be great but I don’t see them paying the money.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:18 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:52 pm The club that pays the most. 250 I per week should be the starting salary. Champions league football and positive locker room culture. That club is Arsenal.
Placing salary above other considerations is why someone like Okocha ended up at Galatasaray in his prime.
Thank you (though you meant Fernebache).
Please help me tell Prof on the other thread! :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:52 pm The club that pays the most. 250 I per week should be the starting salary. Champions league football and positive locker room culture. That club is Arsenal.
Placing salary above other considerations is why someone like Okocha ended up at Galatasaray in his prime.
That’s a convenient assumption. Okocha went to Fenerbache because they offered the highest transfer fee, simple🤔❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:13 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:28 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:18 pm

CORRECT. In a free market, the only thing that can prevent a move is agreeing a price. Nothing more or less.
Funny enough, he is even now more likely to move next summer. People forget how ADL refused to sell Koulibaly for years. Didnt matter how much was offered or who offered it. Koulibaly was only sold at the end, when he was finished and when his contract was winding down.

What Osimhen has done (mind you, Osimhen is only free in 2025 and not 2024) -- is that he has guaranteed (Like Kim) that the decision for his sale will be between 2 parties, instead of 3 (Osimhen and the new club).

Finally, some people believe and have argued that the 120m which Osimhen fought for and insisted on is the amount he has already agreed with another club to pay for him. Thats why he refused to sign until that amount was included in the contract. We will find out.

Para aqui, para ya, THANK YOU, JOHN OGU for saying the truth about the cursed pain and bitterness within the demonic soul of most Nigerians.
Danfo, hush, and stop telling the ice block heads too much info. let them keep shouting . Some Nigerians are too clueless
What ever happened to he should leave that racist club? Whatever happened to Napoli is a sinking ship? Are the people that run Napoli less racist now they threw money at him (I’m guessing he got a bumper raise with this extension). You guys are so unstable 🤦‍♂️
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

packerland wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:55 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:13 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:28 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:18 pm

CORRECT. In a free market, the only thing that can prevent a move is agreeing a price. Nothing more or less.
Funny enough, he is even now more likely to move next summer. People forget how ADL refused to sell Koulibaly for years. Didnt matter how much was offered or who offered it. Koulibaly was only sold at the end, when he was finished and when his contract was winding down.

What Osimhen has done (mind you, Osimhen is only free in 2025 and not 2024) -- is that he has guaranteed (Like Kim) that the decision for his sale will be between 2 parties, instead of 3 (Osimhen and the new club).

Finally, some people believe and have argued that the 120m which Osimhen fought for and insisted on is the amount he has already agreed with another club to pay for him. Thats why he refused to sign until that amount was included in the contract. We will find out.

Para aqui, para ya, THANK YOU, JOHN OGU for saying the truth about the cursed pain and bitterness within the demonic soul of most Nigerians.
Danfo, hush, and stop telling the ice block heads too much info. let them keep shouting . Some Nigerians are too clueless
What ever happened to he should leave that racist club? Whatever happened to Napoli is a sinking ship? Are the people that run Napoli less racist now they threw money at him (I’m guessing he got a bumper raise with this extension). You guys are so unstable 🤦‍♂️
🤔 😂
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:17 pm
That’s a convenient assumption. Okocha went to Fenerbache because they offered the highest transfer fee, simple🤔❗️

Cheers.
Is this an established fact?
Because going from PSG to Fernebache even back then was seen by many as a backward, or at best a sideways move.
The expectation was that he should have held out for an upward move to a big club.
He was about 28 at the time, and at the peak of his prowess.
So many believed he could have held out and got a better club. The Bosnan Rule was already in effect and players like Weah, Eto’o and even Kanu were making global headlines, or had done already.

So it is plausible that money was the main motivating factor for that move.
All speculation of course.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:39 am

Cheers.
Because going from PSG to Fernebache even back then was seen by many as a backward, or at best a sideways move.
The expectation was that he should have held out for an upward move to a big club.
So many believed he could have held out and got a better club. The Bosnan Rule was already in effect and players like Weah, Eto’o and even Kanu were making global headlines, or had done already.

He went from Frankfurt to Fenerbahce then to PSG and then Bolton…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Cheers.

Damunk my friend, get your facts straight, first of all. Okocha went to PSG from Fernebache, not the other way around. In fact, PSG paid the highest transfer fee ever for an African player ($18 million) in 1998 to acquire him.

A long time ago, I read an article where Okocha was quoted as saying that he felt sorry for Eintracht Frankfurt after the club got relegated at the end of the 95 season. During the season, there had been a falling out between the coach and some of the club’s biggest players, including Okocha himself. That culminated in players like Tony Yeboah and Maurizio Gaudino leaving the club. Okocha himself felt that the club deserved much better so he resolved to stay after relegation and help the club even though he could have left on a free transfer to one of his numerous suitors. He re-signed with the club and vowed to move to the first club that made a reasonable offer. That offer came in 1996 from Fernebache for just over a million pounds and the rest is well known history. At Fernebache, he immediate became a cult hero then PSG came to get him in 1998. He left PSG for Bolton in 2002 on a free transfer. He was almost 29 at the time❗️

Cheers.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cheers.

It was the other way around. You will have to change your post now.
Most of PSG’s transfers before QSI were mostly around the £4/5 million mark, but one or two moves still jumped off the page.

Back in 1998, PSG paid Turkish club Fenerbahce £10.9 million for Nigerian midfielder Jay-Jay Okocha. That was a huge fee for a player 17 years ago, but he was a great servant to the club. He played 84 games and scored 12 goals.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/234 ... r-signings
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:44 pm
totally agree with Osimhen here but his reply is a bit childish and unprofessional. its a put off for future suitors....

He should employ a management team for his social media and focus on football
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enyi wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:52 pm
totally agree with Osimhen here but his reply is a bit childish and unprofessional. its a put off for future suitors....

He should employ a management team for his social media and focus on football
You are still crying? :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: This has been your prayer since, as you cried last week! keep crying! Like Osimhen said, keep his name out of your mouth! smh.

Maybe you should employ and emotional support dog to help your through your tantrums. Smh
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:24 am
I see that this low-life needs to shift attention from his failed client. I predicted that the one-season wonder, who was only able to perform against weak teams last season, will struggle this year, but some feeble-brained people thought they knew football. Anyone who watched his sh1t-client last season will know that the kid was overrated. Now, he is looking to destroy the name of a black man in order to exalt his client and take the heat off his client. We know what he is doing! Its very easy to get the racists to turn against a black man, so why not tell lies quickly, so they can pour their anger on the black man. Napoli is struggling, they need someone to hate. Since Osimhen is not there, this horrid human being decided to throw the black man in quickly, so that his client can be saved.

What I find more disgusting is the Nigerian above who is so blinded by his emotions, and he cannot see whats happening. Disgusting! :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Seriously though, why is Kava's agent on Our Osimhen's matter? This is just pure bad belle. My goodness. Glad Vic's agent came out with a statement as well.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:12 pm Seriously though, why is Kava's agent on Our Osimhen's matter? This is just pure bad belle. My goodness. Glad Vic's agent came out with a statement as well.
Bigpokey what do you think of Osimhen's reply?
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Victor’s agent describes Kvara’s agent’s words as “bad superficial and unacceptable”. He forgot one word….untrue :sneaky:

I find the response from Victor and his agent to be a bit too severe
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:12 pm Seriously though, why is Kava's agent on Our Osimhen's matter? This is just pure bad belle. My goodness. Glad Vic's agent came out with a statement as well.
its not "bad belle." Its strategic! His client has been very very poor this season. Embarrassingly poor. Napoli too has suffered and their fans are angry and looking for a scape goat. His agent needs an easy target. What better target than to give them a black man who has just gotten a significant (more than double your wages) increase in wage?? While his client is earning a fraction of what Osimhen is earning. He needs the Napoli fans (who naturally do not like black people) to look passed his client who has been very poor and focus their anger on the easy target.

When Enyi was talking his talk last week, i was laughing with him. But what I will not accept is a Nigerian/Black parroting and supporting the racist effort to undermine a fellow Nigerian. I wont accept that!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enyi wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:07 pm
Are you going to tell a grown man who feeds himself how to react? You do not go poking a bear if you aren't sure of how it will react. Who knows if all is well at Napoli? Why should Nigerians come out and now start attacking their own because he reacted with his words. Freedom of Speech. We do not see anyone complaining about Ivan Toney who got banned. This same Toney is being mentioned as the next 100M striker.

The question you should be asking, why is Kva's agent making such a statement ? There seems to be some issues at Napoli. Now all of a sudden a team mate's agent is running his mouth about Vic, however all you are concerned about is Osimhen's Social media's post.

When you were 24/25 years old, how did you react? Some of you forget these players are kids and they just started life.

Your Beef should be towards Kva and his agent .
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Harry Maguire went to Greece and fought a police officer and United made him captain.

Tonali was betting and Newcastle paid millions for him.

Toney was banned for betting and they are telling us that Arsenal and Chelsea want to pay 100 million.

But an African man who is far away with his nation is attacked and his life put in danger by a racist (yes! Napoli is has serious gangs and the tifosi are angry right now) and we are told that he should respond by rubbing the racists back or no club will want him.

You are absolutely not a serious person! Your comments last week said it all and I laughed in your face, thinking you will learn your lesson. But I dont blame you at all. An African cannot drink water, but others can commit crimes and all will be well with them. I seriously do not blame you.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:32 pm
Are you going to tell a grown man who feeds himself how to react? You do not go poking a bear if you aren't sure of how it will react. Who knows if all is well at Napoli? Why should Nigerians come out and now start attacking their own because he reacted with his words. Freedom of Speech. We do not see anyone complaining about Ivan Toney who got banned. This same Toney is being mentioned as the next 100M striker.

The question you should be asking, why is Kva's agent making such a statement ? There seems to be some issues at Napoli. Now all of a sudden a team mate's agent is running his mouth about Vic, however all you are concerned about is Osimhen's Social media's post.

When you were 24/25 years old, how did you react? Some of you forget these players are kids and they just started life.

I no even see this your post before I write my own :clap: :clap: :clap:

the highlighted is one of the traits i deeply hate and abhor about some Africans. Their sole concern is to blame the African victim. These type of people will tell you that the slaves who were captured should have stayed indoors and the slave catchers wouldnt have caught them, rather than blame slavery! They will also blame the Congolese, rather than King Leopold. Absolutely astounding!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:32 pm

I have no beef with anyone….i know all the players and agents involved actually….

No matter how old u are…I started at Arsenal at 23/24 yrs….if Graham heard me swearing me that’s the end of my career before it started.

Nigerians love the mentality that me Dog is wilder than yours….

Kva and his agents can act like Idiots!!! My brother and friend, I will protect and correct from acting the same way….

It’s not a chest pumping move to say that my guy can can more like an angel* than yours…

Show class…..

Never fight a pig in a gutter cos either way u loss…u take the high ground most things u win and when u don’t, u still appear with dignity….

Unfortunately that’s what’s killing this forum as well….WHO CAN INSULT THE OTHER THE MOST AND WIN….

Every debate ends in ppl throwing personal insults…

State ur point and show class….AND MORE IMPORTANTLY RESPECT YOURSELF.

-Martin Luther King- Jr.