What Club Should Osimhen Sign For & Why?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
What Club Should Osimhen Sign For & Why?

Post by txj »

Its more than likely that Victor Osimhen would be widely sought after in the summer transfer window.
His club Napoli is a selling club and President Di Laurentis is one of the shrewdest in the game.

This season's team has transitioned brilliantly into a multifunctional team in attack, that is no longer predominantly based on both movement/mobility (2021: Insigne/Mertens) to one that combines mobility as well as a dominant target in attach, re Osimhen.

What this means is that they have options to replace Victor if as expected a major offer cones in the summer, and there are indications that they are already planning towards this, with Ounahi planned in MF (rumors of a pre contract with Angiers), among others.

So as a fan, what club IYO should Osimhen sign for and why?

For me its Bayern Munich.

He becomes a natural replacement for Lewandoski.

Allows Mane to return to the left and Sane remains on the right in rotation with Gnabry...

The football by Bayern is perfect for him...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What Club Should Osimhen Sign For & Why?

Post by danfo driver »

Osimhen will most likely go to one of:

Real Madrid
Man United
Chelsea.

These three clubs have approached and they are the 3 who can afford the salary he will demand.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:51 pm Its more than likely that Victor Osimhen would be widely sought after in the summer transfer window.
His club Napoli is a selling club and President Di Laurentis is one of the shrewdest in the game.

This season's team has transitioned brilliantly into a multifunctional team in attack, that is no longer predominantly based on both movement/mobility (2021: Insigne/Mertens) to one that combines mobility as well as a dominant target in attach, re Osimhen.

What this means is that they have options to replace Victor if as expected a major offer cones in the summer, and there are indications that they are already planning towards this, with Ounahi planned in MF (rumors of a pre contract with Angiers), among others.

Allows Mane to return to the left and Sane remains on the right in rotation with Gnabry...

My concern with Germany is that its a "step backwards." Not Bayern, but the German league. He will find it hard to win the Balon D'or there, no matter what he does there. Lewa was tearing that league and CL and he never won the Balon D'or, even when he should have on merit.

Also, the likes of Haaland "left the Bundesliga for better things." Osimhen is as highly rated as Haaland, he shouldnt go in that direction. he should also go "for better things." Thankfully, United, Cheslea and Madrid have been quite aggressive in their pursuit.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:58 pm Osimhen will most likely go to one of:

Real Madrid
Man United
Chelsea.

These three clubs have approached and they are the 3 who can afford the salary he will demand.

In your opinion as a fan (which means we can dream), which club should he sign for and why?

Madrid should be a good fit given the direction they are already moving towards, post Benzema. But they have very little patience, esp with Carlo leaving.

Chelsea has no clear tactical direction and is a NO for me.

ManU is a counterattacking team atm. Maybe for me...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He should join the next up and coming super team at Newcastle. They have the money, ambition , organization, it’ll be much sweeter than Chelsea or Real where his stay is likely to be short term. By next season Newcastle will be challenging for the league title and will be a strong CL team.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:58 pm Osimhen will most likely go to one of:

Real Madrid
Man United
Chelsea.

I read the Napoli Chairman said his value, ( minimum) the will accept is 140 Million Euros
According to Il Mattino, Aurelio De Laurentiis, the Napoli president, now values Osimhen at €140m.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:22 pm He should join the next up and coming super team at Newcastle. They have the money, ambition , organization, it’ll be much sweeter than Chelsea or Real where his stay is likely to be short term. By next season Newcastle will be challenging for the league title and will be a strong CL team.
Why is this your impression, considering the length of stay of Benzema, Modric, Ronaldo, Kroos, Bale, Marcelo, Ramos, Pepe, Xabi Alonso / as well as Drogba, Mikel, Lampard, Essien, Azpilicueta, etc etc
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:30 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:22 pm He should join the next up and coming super team at Newcastle. They have the money, ambition , organization, it’ll be much sweeter than Chelsea or Real where his stay is likely to be short term. By next season Newcastle will be challenging for the league title and will be a strong CL team.
Why is this your impression, considering the length of stay of Benzema, Modric, Ronaldo, Kroos, Bale, Marcelo, Ramos, Pepe, Xabi Alonso / as well as Drogba, Mikel, Lampard, Essien, Azpilicueta, etc etc
Seems to me like the turnover these days is much higher than it used to be. Some of these teams are unrecognizable from yr to yr. Look at how Ronaldo, Messi, Lukaku have been bouncing around and how,new signings like Scamaca , Nunez and even Awoniyi are in and out of the team if they don’t perform immediately. I just don’t want to see him in a score today or you play tomorrow situation.
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:01 pm
txj wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:51 pm Its more than likely that Victor Osimhen would be widely sought after in the summer transfer window.

My concern with Germany is that its a "step backwards." Not Bayern, but the German league. He will find it hard to win the Balon D'or there, no matter what he does there. Lewa was tearing that league and CL and he never won the Balon D'or, even when he should have on merit.

Also, the likes of Haaland "left the Bundesliga for better things." Osimhen is as highly rated as Haaland, he shouldnt go in that direction. he should also go "for better things." Thankfully, United, Cheslea and Madrid have been quite aggressive in their pursuit.

The PL might have a higher profile, but Bundesliga football does not take a back seat to anybody. And Bayern are top, top notch.

Lewa should've won the Balon D'or and I believe Victor can at Munich. The football and the compliment of players in the squad is tailor made for him.

Chelsea is a Bermuda triangle for strikers...

And Madrid will be in transition post Ancelotti. Remember Luka Jovic?

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:37 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:30 pm
Seems to me like the turnover these days is much higher than it used to be. Some of these teams are unrecognizable from yr to yr. Look at how Ronaldo, Messi, Lukaku have been bouncing around and how,new signings like Scamaca , Nunez and even Awoniyi are in and out of the team if they don’t perform immediately. I just don’t want to see him in a score today or you play tomorrow situation.
Hmm.. you have a point with others, but I am referring to Chelsea and Madrid.

I have beeb told about Boehly's/Clearview's "manifesto" for Chelsea by someone who is inside, and the rest of that league should be petrified. Have you noticed that most of the talents they are signing are young and to longterm contracts (more than 6 years)? Chelsea's "manifesto" is to buy heavy now and have a team that stays together for 10 years - they plan to "stop" buying in 2 years (of course not stope entirely, but you get the point).

Madrid under Perez is the same. They invested heavily in Vinicius, Militao, Camavinga, Lunin, Valverde, Tchouameni, rodrygo. Same plan! now, Mbappe and Osimhen. Having a core that is bought young and grows into a team over the next 10 years.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:01 pm

To be honest with you, Lewa and other deserving players didn't win the Balon D'or thanks to Ronaldo and Messi fan boys, and that group includes coaches. As soon as Ronaldo fell off and Messi had an ok season by his standard, they had to give it to someone else. That person happened to be Benzema who single handedly won the CL for Real Madrid and was one of the top scorers in all of Europe. I agree that the German league is a bit weak because Bayern has a knack of buying other clubs best players including clubs that have the ability to mount a challenge against them. Personally, I think Osimhen will want to someday return to the Bundesliga to show that he can conquer that league too. In his career he has tore up the French, Belgian and Italian leagues.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Stay at Napoli!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

He should stay in Napoli!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

He should go to Chelsea and prove that the #9 curse is just a myth.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bayern is a really good shout.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ATF, why don't you just buy him to your club so you can coach him with those superior tactics you use in your ATF analysis? Abi you are too old to coach? Remember, 75 is the new 50s

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:48 am ATF, why don't you just buy him to your club so you can coach him with those superior tactics you use in your ATF analysis? Abi you are too old to coach? Remember, 75 is the new 50s

why are you looking for trouble?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:59 pm He should go to Chelsea and prove that the #9 curse is just a myth.

No thanks. Not until they get a new coach.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

He will score lots of goals at Ajax and play regular CL football. He should go there.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bushboy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:12 am He will score lots of goals at Ajax and play regular CL football. He should go there.
Stop the buffonery
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

bushboy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:12 am He will score lots of goals at Ajax and play regular CL football. He should go there.
Troll.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

RealMadrid. Benzema is washed. They will need a new #9 soon.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

He's going to England.