Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Ligue1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chuks69
Egg
Egg
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:24 pm
Location: moscow,Russia
Contact:
Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Ligue1

Post by chuks69 »

Francis Uzoho is looking to choose MLS ahead of French Ligue 1..
I understand his advisors... Ligue 1 would be a good springboard for other higher level EU teams..

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... h-ligue-1/
afc##
User avatar
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Posts: 101159
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Ligue1

Post by Bigpokey24 »

owngoal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 25375
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Lig

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

chuks69 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:27 pm Francis Uzoho is looking to choose MLS ahead of French Ligue 1..
I understand his advisors... Ligue 1 would be a good springboard for other higher level EU teams..

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... h-ligue-1/
This is a dicey one. Enyeama was one of the best African goalies for a long long time and the best team that came for him was Lille towards the end of his career. The goalkeeping position has a lot to do with trust, it’s very difficult for a top team to sign an African goalie they haven’t known for literally all his playing career. However, the MLS will give him the opportunity to get a more focused specialized training he might not have gotten before. My bet is that he’ll be a better goalie in the long run in the MLS then he can move to a bigger team.
OCCUPY NFF!!
User avatar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 53912
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Lig

Post by 1naija »

US is a breeding ground for top goalkeepers. He will have access to the best goalkeeper trainers.

I think Vincent's was good, but his heroics were exaggerated, mostly by people like you who had no job and therefore did not have cable to watch him in France. He is the new Thunder Balogun with legends of unverifiable heroics. The main source of the legends about him is from the game against Argentina where he saved a couple of one on one shots, similar to what Uzoho did against ManU. But like Omonoia, we eventually lost the game. Maybe one day, we will start similar legend about Uzoho because of the Manchester United game.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:46 pm
chuks69 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:27 pm Francis Uzoho is looking to choose MLS ahead of French Ligue 1..
I understand his advisors... Ligue 1 would be a good springboard for other higher level EU teams..

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... h-ligue-1/
This is a dicey one. Enyeama was one of the best African goalies for a long long time and the best team that came for him was Lille towards the end of his career. The goalkeeping position has a lot to do with trust, it’s very difficult for a top team to sign an African goalie they haven’t known for literally all his playing career. However, the MLS will give him the opportunity to get a more focused specialized training he might not have gotten before. My bet is that he’ll be a better goalie in the long run in the MLS then he can move to a bigger team.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
User avatar
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26750
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Location: your girls place
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Lig

Post by bret- hart »

1naija wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:48 pm US is a breeding ground for top goalkeepers. He will have access to the best goalkeeper trainers.

I think Vincent's was good, but his heroics were exaggerated, mostly by people like you who had no job and therefore did not have cable to watch him in France. He is the new Thunder Balogun with legends of unverifiable heroics. The main source of the legends about him is from the game against Argentina where he saved a couple of one on one shots, similar to what Uzoho did against ManU. But like Omonoia, we eventually lost the game. Maybe one day, we will start similar legend about Uzoho because of the Manchester United game.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:46 pm
chuks69 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:27 pm Francis Uzoho is looking to choose MLS ahead of French Ligue 1..
I understand his advisors... Ligue 1 would be a good springboard for other higher level EU teams..

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... h-ligue-1/
This is a dicey one. Enyeama was one of the best African goalies for a long long time and the best team that came for him was Lille towards the end of his career. The goalkeeping position has a lot to do with trust, it’s very difficult for a top team to sign an African goalie they haven’t known for literally all his playing career. However, the MLS will give him the opportunity to get a more focused specialized training he might not have gotten before. My bet is that he’ll be a better goalie in the long run in the MLS then he can move to a bigger team.
Still 100x better than Akpeyi and Noble
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
User avatar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 44940
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Contact:
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Lig

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:48 pm US is a breeding ground for top goalkeepers. He will have access to the best goalkeeper trainers.

I think Vincent's was good, but his heroics were exaggerated, mostly by people like you who had no job and therefore did not have cable to watch him in France. He is the new Thunder Balogun with legends of unverifiable heroics. The main source of the legends about him is from the game against Argentina where he saved a couple of one on one shots, similar to what Uzoho did against ManU. But like Omonoia, we eventually lost the game. Maybe one day, we will start similar legend about Uzoho because of the Manchester United game.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:46 pm
chuks69 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:27 pm Francis Uzoho is looking to choose MLS ahead of French Ligue 1..
I understand his advisors... Ligue 1 would be a good springboard for other higher level EU teams..

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... h-ligue-1/
This is a dicey one. Enyeama was one of the best African goalies for a long long time and the best team that came for him was Lille towards the end of his career. The goalkeeping position has a lot to do with trust, it’s very difficult for a top team to sign an African goalie they haven’t known for literally all his playing career. However, the MLS will give him the opportunity to get a more focused specialized training he might not have gotten before. My bet is that he’ll be a better goalie in the long run in the MLS then he can move to a bigger team.
Don’t be silly he almost broke a long standing record of consecutive games and minutes without conceding a goal in the French league if not for an own goal from his defender. He’s second all time, that definitely can’t be a thunder balogun type make believe story as there are receipts.

https://theblugr.wordpress.com/2013/12/ ... in-france/

https://www.eurosport.com/football/eigh ... -amp.shtml

In fact they were so glad and relieved that a foreigner didn’t break the record lol
Sadly, on this occasion, not even Enyeama could keep the ball out. And as he allowed himself a smile, the Bordeaux players ran across to celebrate with Huard, who was at Sunday's game in his capacity as a touchline reporter for beIN Sport.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
User avatar
Damunk
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 49550
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Lig

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:48 pm US is a breeding ground for top goalkeepers. He will have access to the best goalkeeper trainers.

I think Vincent's was good, but his heroics were exaggerated, mostly by people like you who had no job and therefore did not have cable to watch him in France. He is the new Thunder Balogun with legends of unverifiable heroics. The main source of the legends about him is from the game against Argentina where he saved a couple of one on one shots, similar to what Uzoho did against ManU. But like Omonoia, we eventually lost the game. Maybe one day, we will start similar legend about Uzoho because of the Manchester United game.
One game?
I don’t think so my friend!

You obviously missed the news when he was about to break the Ligue1 20 year record for number of minutes without conceding a goal. He was within one game of breaking that record.
That one na beans?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 25375
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Lig

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bret- hart wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:42 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:48 pm US is a breeding ground for top goalkeepers. He will have access to the best goalkeeper trainers.

I think Vincent's was good, but his heroics were exaggerated, mostly by people like you who had no job and therefore did not have cable to watch him in France. He is the new Thunder Balogun with legends of unverifiable heroics. The main source of the legends about him is from the game against Argentina where he saved a couple of one on one shots, similar to what Uzoho did against ManU. But like Omonoia, we eventually lost the game. Maybe one day, we will start similar legend about Uzoho because of the Manchester United game.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:46 pm
chuks69 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:27 pm Francis Uzoho is looking to choose MLS ahead of French Ligue 1..
I understand his advisors... Ligue 1 would be a good springboard for other higher level EU teams..

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... h-ligue-1/
This is a dicey one. Enyeama was one of the best African goalies for a long long time and the best team that came for him was Lille towards the end of his career. The goalkeeping position has a lot to do with trust, it’s very difficult for a top team to sign an African goalie they haven’t known for literally all his playing career. However, the MLS will give him the opportunity to get a more focused specialized training he might not have gotten before. My bet is that he’ll be a better goalie in the long run in the MLS then he can move to a bigger team.
Still 100x better than Akpeyi and Noble

More like 1000x. Akpeyi is a basket of the highest order and Noble was worse. The NFF didn't even pay Nibke his Afcon bonus because he was so hopeless they couldn't believe how he got picked. I heard he conceded 8 goals in a pre Afcon practice game. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
User avatar
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16772
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:16 pm
Contact:
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Lig

Post by Cito »

Bros, this your take no be am. Enyeama was good at Enyimba, good in Israel and was more than good in Lille. All Naija keepers I have watched in my lifetime, he was the best, hands down! He has his issues but the goods were much more than the bad.

Uzoho is an OK keeper, not good, yet! He may come good in the future but at the moment he is just OK.

Akpeyi on the other hand is a good keeper if he gets over his issues. He is better than the current Uzoho.

I don’t know about Noble.
1naija wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:48 pm US is a breeding ground for top goalkeepers. He will have access to the best goalkeeper trainers.

I think Vincent's was good, but his heroics were exaggerated, mostly by people like you who had no job and therefore did not have cable to watch him in France. He is the new Thunder Balogun with legends of unverifiable heroics. The main source of the legends about him is from the game against Argentina where he saved a couple of one on one shots, similar to what Uzoho did against ManU. But like Omonoia, we eventually lost the game. Maybe one day, we will start similar legend about Uzoho because of the Manchester United game.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:46 pm
chuks69 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:27 pm Francis Uzoho is looking to choose MLS ahead of French Ligue 1..
I understand his advisors... Ligue 1 would be a good springboard for other higher level EU teams..

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... h-ligue-1/
This is a dicey one. Enyeama was one of the best African goalies for a long long time and the best team that came for him was Lille towards the end of his career. The goalkeeping position has a lot to do with trust, it’s very difficult for a top team to sign an African goalie they haven’t known for literally all his playing career. However, the MLS will give him the opportunity to get a more focused specialized training he might not have gotten before. My bet is that he’ll be a better goalie in the long run in the MLS then he can move to a bigger team.
Last edited by Cito on Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
User avatar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 53912
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Lig

Post by 1naija »

That's one way to look at his stats that season. Another way to look at it is that he conceded 24 goals in 35 appearances that season according to Lille website. This means he must have been akpere is some games.

Again, he was good, but .... some of the narrative is of Thunder Balogun magnitude.
maceo4 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:43 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:48 pm US is a breeding ground for top goalkeepers. He will have access to the best goalkeeper trainers.

I think Vincent's was good, but his heroics were exaggerated, mostly by people like you who had no job and therefore did not have cable to watch him in France. He is the new Thunder Balogun with legends of unverifiable heroics. The main source of the legends about him is from the game against Argentina where he saved a couple of one on one shots, similar to what Uzoho did against ManU. But like Omonoia, we eventually lost the game. Maybe one day, we will start similar legend about Uzoho because of the Manchester United game.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:46 pm
chuks69 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:27 pm Francis Uzoho is looking to choose MLS ahead of French Ligue 1..
I understand his advisors... Ligue 1 would be a good springboard for other higher level EU teams..

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... h-ligue-1/
This is a dicey one. Enyeama was one of the best African goalies for a long long time and the best team that came for him was Lille towards the end of his career. The goalkeeping position has a lot to do with trust, it’s very difficult for a top team to sign an African goalie they haven’t known for literally all his playing career. However, the MLS will give him the opportunity to get a more focused specialized training he might not have gotten before. My bet is that he’ll be a better goalie in the long run in the MLS then he can move to a bigger team.
Don’t be silly he almost broke a long standing record of consecutive games and minutes without conceding a goal in the French league if not for an own goal from his defender. He’s second all time, that definitely can’t be a thunder balogun type make believe story as there are receipts.

https://theblugr.wordpress.com/2013/12/ ... in-france/

https://www.eurosport.com/football/eigh ... -amp.shtml

In fact they were so glad and relieved that a foreigner didn’t break the record lol
Sadly, on this occasion, not even Enyeama could keep the ball out. And as he allowed himself a smile, the Bordeaux players ran across to celebrate with Huard, who was at Sunday's game in his capacity as a touchline reporter for beIN Sport.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
User avatar
packerland
Egg
Egg
Posts: 5966
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:05 am
Location: Wisconsin
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Lig

Post by packerland »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:43 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:48 pm US is a breeding ground for top goalkeepers. He will have access to the best goalkeeper trainers.

I think Vincent's was good, but his heroics were exaggerated, mostly by people like you who had no job and therefore did not have cable to watch him in France. He is the new Thunder Balogun with legends of unverifiable heroics. The main source of the legends about him is from the game against Argentina where he saved a couple of one on one shots, similar to what Uzoho did against ManU. But like Omonoia, we eventually lost the game. Maybe one day, we will start similar legend about Uzoho because of the Manchester United game.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:46 pm
chuks69 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:27 pm Francis Uzoho is looking to choose MLS ahead of French Ligue 1..
I understand his advisors... Ligue 1 would be a good springboard for other higher level EU teams..

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... h-ligue-1/
This is a dicey one. Enyeama was one of the best African goalies for a long long time and the best team that came for him was Lille towards the end of his career. The goalkeeping position has a lot to do with trust, it’s very difficult for a top team to sign an African goalie they haven’t known for literally all his playing career. However, the MLS will give him the opportunity to get a more focused specialized training he might not have gotten before. My bet is that he’ll be a better goalie in the long run in the MLS then he can move to a bigger team.
Don’t be silly he almost broke a long standing record of consecutive games and minutes without conceding a goal in the French league if not for an own goal from his defender. He’s second all time, that definitely can’t be a thunder balogun type make believe story as there are receipts.

https://theblugr.wordpress.com/2013/12/ ... in-france/

https://www.eurosport.com/football/eigh ... -amp.shtml

In fact they were so glad and relieved that a foreigner didn’t break the record lol
Sadly, on this occasion, not even Enyeama could keep the ball out. And as he allowed himself a smile, the Bordeaux players ran across to celebrate with Huard, who was at Sunday's game in his capacity as a touchline reporter for beIN Sport.
1naija,

This your hot take get k-leg. Enyeama is as solid as they come. Yes, there are times he has let in soft goals (against Greece and S-Korea at the WC) but he is one of the best in Africa. You don't come 1 game shy of breaking Ligue 1 record for shutouts in an average team if you're not good. If anyone was overrated it has to be Peter Rufai (Go back and watch the '94 AFCON).

As far as Uzoho is concerned, I won't mind if he goes to MLS as a starter as opposed to warming the bench in Europe. The US system has produced good gks over the years. In our history we can only name Rufai, Enyeama & Okala as one of our best but the US can roll out the likes of Marcus Hahnemann, Brad Guzan,Tony Meola, Brad Friedel, Tim Howard, Kasey Keller, Zack Steffen, Matt Turner etc. Even Ethan Horvath is better than what we got right now.
"MILF 4 Life"
User avatar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 53912
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Lig

Post by 1naija »

Statistics can be presented however you want it. He also conceded 24 goals that season, which was still very good considering he conceded 42 the season before and 40 the season after. .....

Thunder Balogun!
Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:51 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:48 pm US is a breeding ground for top goalkeepers. He will have access to the best goalkeeper trainers.

I think Vincent's was good, but his heroics were exaggerated, mostly by people like you who had no job and therefore did not have cable to watch him in France. He is the new Thunder Balogun with legends of unverifiable heroics. The main source of the legends about him is from the game against Argentina where he saved a couple of one on one shots, similar to what Uzoho did against ManU. But like Omonoia, we eventually lost the game. Maybe one day, we will start similar legend about Uzoho because of the Manchester United game.
One game?
I don’t think so my friend!

You obviously missed the news when he was about to break the Ligue1 20 year record for number of minutes without conceding a goal. He was within one game of breaking that record.
That one na beans?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
User avatar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 53912
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Lig

Post by 1naija »

packerland, I started my statement saying Enyeama was good. But as good as he was good as he was, a lot of the stories of his heroics are "Thnuder Balogunish"! Should we disregard the 24 goals he let in that season and only consider the shut outs?
packerland wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:44 pm
maceo4 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:43 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:48 pm US is a breeding ground for top goalkeepers. He will have access to the best goalkeeper trainers.

I think Vincent's was good, but his heroics were exaggerated, mostly by people like you who had no job and therefore did not have cable to watch him in France. He is the new Thunder Balogun with legends of unverifiable heroics. The main source of the legends about him is from the game against Argentina where he saved a couple of one on one shots, similar to what Uzoho did against ManU. But like Omonoia, we eventually lost the game. Maybe one day, we will start similar legend about Uzoho because of the Manchester United game.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:46 pm
chuks69 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:27 pm Francis Uzoho is looking to choose MLS ahead of French Ligue 1..
I understand his advisors... Ligue 1 would be a good springboard for other higher level EU teams..

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... h-ligue-1/
This is a dicey one. Enyeama was one of the best African goalies for a long long time and the best team that came for him was Lille towards the end of his career. The goalkeeping position has a lot to do with trust, it’s very difficult for a top team to sign an African goalie they haven’t known for literally all his playing career. However, the MLS will give him the opportunity to get a more focused specialized training he might not have gotten before. My bet is that he’ll be a better goalie in the long run in the MLS then he can move to a bigger team.
Don’t be silly he almost broke a long standing record of consecutive games and minutes without conceding a goal in the French league if not for an own goal from his defender. He’s second all time, that definitely can’t be a thunder balogun type make believe story as there are receipts.

https://theblugr.wordpress.com/2013/12/ ... in-france/

https://www.eurosport.com/football/eigh ... -amp.shtml

In fact they were so glad and relieved that a foreigner didn’t break the record lol
Sadly, on this occasion, not even Enyeama could keep the ball out. And as he allowed himself a smile, the Bordeaux players ran across to celebrate with Huard, who was at Sunday's game in his capacity as a touchline reporter for beIN Sport.
1naija,

This your hot take get k-leg. Enyeama is as solid as they come. Yes, there are times he has let in soft goals (against Greece and S-Korea at the WC) but he is one of the best in Africa. You don't come 1 game shy of breaking Ligue 1 record for shutouts in an average team if you're not good. If anyone was overrated it has to be Peter Rufai (Go back and watch the '94 AFCON).

As far as Uzoho is concerned, I won't mind if he goes to MLS as a starter as opposed to warming the bench in Europe. The US system has produced good gks over the years. In our history we can only name Rufai, Enyeama & Okala as one of our best but the US can roll out the likes of Marcus Hahnemann, Brad Guzan,Tony Meola, Brad Friedel, Tim Howard, Kasey Keller, Zack Steffen, Matt Turner etc. Even Ethan Horvath is better than what we got right now.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
User avatar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 53912
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Lig

Post by 1naija »

BTW Akpeyi once had 10 clean sheets in SA, which was was almost as good as Enyeama's 11.
Cito wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:29 pm Bros, this your take no be am. Enyeama was good at Enyimba, good in Israel and was more than good in Lille. All Naija keepers I have watched in my lifetime, he was the best, hands down! He has his issues but the gods was much more than the bad.

Uzoho is an OK keeper, not good, yet! He may come good in the future but at the moment he is just OK.

Akpeyi on the other hand is a good keeper if he gets over his issues. He is better than the current Uzoho.

I don’t know about Noble.
1naija wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:48 pm US is a breeding ground for top goalkeepers. He will have access to the best goalkeeper trainers.

I think Vincent's was good, but his heroics were exaggerated, mostly by people like you who had no job and therefore did not have cable to watch him in France. He is the new Thunder Balogun with legends of unverifiable heroics. The main source of the legends about him is from the game against Argentina where he saved a couple of one on one shots, similar to what Uzoho did against ManU. But like Omonoia, we eventually lost the game. Maybe one day, we will start similar legend about Uzoho because of the Manchester United game.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:46 pm
chuks69 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:27 pm Francis Uzoho is looking to choose MLS ahead of French Ligue 1..
I understand his advisors... Ligue 1 would be a good springboard for other higher level EU teams..

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... h-ligue-1/
This is a dicey one. Enyeama was one of the best African goalies for a long long time and the best team that came for him was Lille towards the end of his career. The goalkeeping position has a lot to do with trust, it’s very difficult for a top team to sign an African goalie they haven’t known for literally all his playing career. However, the MLS will give him the opportunity to get a more focused specialized training he might not have gotten before. My bet is that he’ll be a better goalie in the long run in the MLS then he can move to a bigger team.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
chuks69
Egg
Egg
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:24 pm
Location: moscow,Russia
Contact:
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Ligue1

Post by chuks69 »

It is a bit tricky, but if the Ligue1 team is not relegation bound and offering him first choice GK role, he should grab it..
Uzoho should demand first choice gk role in any club he goes..
MLS Gks are just very good shot stoppers and anot super technically..
There is a reason the first two Gks of the US national team dont play in the MLS, and they are back ups in EPL annd Championship respectively.. The main reason Uzoho gave to prefer MLS was family reason, his family can jakpa..
Last last SE GK issues would sort out itself..
afc##
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 25375
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Ligue1

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

chuks69 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:48 am It is a bit tricky, but if the Ligue1 team is not relegation bound and offering him first choice GK role, he should grab it..
Uzoho should demand first choice gk role in any club he goes..
MLS Gks are just very good shot stoppers and anot super technically..
There is a reason the first two Gks of the US national team dont play in the MLS, and they are back ups in EPL annd Championship respectively.. The main reason Uzoho gave to prefer MLS was family reason, his family can jakpa..
Last last SE GK issues would sort out itself..
USMT Goalies all started with three MLS. The best of them go to Europe and that's always a guaranteed. The US is the best place for him to develope if he wants to be a better goalie in a couple yrs.
OCCUPY NFF!!
User avatar
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Posts: 101159
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Ligue1

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chuks69 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:48 am It is a bit tricky, but if the Ligue1 team is not relegation bound and offering him first choice GK role, he should grab it..
Uzoho should demand first choice gk role in any club he goes..
MLS Gks are just very good shot stoppers and anot super technically..
There is a reason the first two Gks of the US national team dont play in the MLS, and they are back ups in EPL annd Championship respectively.. The main reason Uzoho gave to prefer MLS was family reason, his family can jakpa..
Last last SE GK issues would sort out itself..
this is one of the most unintelligent comment i have read all year on CE . What you wrote makes zero sense. Most footballers will have their family move with them when they transfer to a new club (country)

This is also the same with a regular joe or better yet those who claim asylum . so because you saw MLS , the first thing that came to your head was jakpa, so when he was in Cyprus did you say jakpa. Did Bale and his family jakpa when he was at LA ? Did Messi also jakpa to Paris. losers like you will always feel you know better than a man who earns a living playing football... smh.. The disrespect Nigerians get from none entity internet posters like you is so shocking ..mouth be what again
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
User avatar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 44940
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Contact:
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Ligue1

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:13 am
chuks69 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:48 am It is a bit tricky, but if the Ligue1 team is not relegation bound and offering him first choice GK role, he should grab it..
Uzoho should demand first choice gk role in any club he goes..
MLS Gks are just very good shot stoppers and anot super technically..
There is a reason the first two Gks of the US national team dont play in the MLS, and they are back ups in EPL annd Championship respectively.. The main reason Uzoho gave to prefer MLS was family reason, his family can jakpa..
Last last SE GK issues would sort out itself..
this is one of the most unintelligent comment i have read all year on CE . What you wrote makes zero sense. Most footballers will have their family move with them when they transfer to a new club (country)

This is also the same with a regular joe or better yet those who claim asylum . so because you saw MLS , the first thing that came to your head was jakpa, so when he was in Cyprus did you say jakpa. Did Bale and his family jakpa when he was at LA ? Did Messi also jakpa to Paris. losers like you will always feel you know better than a man who earns a living playing football... smh.. The disrespect Nigerians get from none entity internet posters like you is so shocking ..mouth be what again
This guy relax, which destination do you think he should choose to jakpa?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
User avatar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7393
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Ligue1

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:26 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:13 am
chuks69 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:48 am It is a bit tricky, but if the Ligue1 team is not relegation bound and offering him first choice GK role, he should grab it..
Uzoho should demand first choice gk role in any club he goes..
MLS Gks are just very good shot stoppers and anot super technically..
There is a reason the first two Gks of the US national team dont play in the MLS, and they are back ups in EPL annd Championship respectively.. The main reason Uzoho gave to prefer MLS was family reason, his family can jakpa..
Last last SE GK issues would sort out itself..
this is one of the most unintelligent comment i have read all year on CE . What you wrote makes zero sense. Most footballers will have their family move with them when they transfer to a new club (country)

This is also the same with a regular joe or better yet those who claim asylum . so because you saw MLS , the first thing that came to your head was jakpa, so when he was in Cyprus did you say jakpa. Did Bale and his family jakpa when he was at LA ? Did Messi also jakpa to Paris. losers like you will always feel you know better than a man who earns a living playing football... smh.. The disrespect Nigerians get from none entity internet posters like you is so shocking ..mouth be what again
This guy relax, which destination do you think he should choose to jakpa?
When last did that individual you replied make any intelligent submission on this forum? guy you get time sha
User avatar
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Posts: 101159
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Ligue1

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
User avatar
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26750
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Location: your girls place
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Ligue1

Post by bret- hart »

Wait Wait Wait.. Is 419Naija attempting to compare that useless training cone Akpeyi to the goalkeeping God Vince Enyeama?? Kai Arabanisha!!!! Where is my cane??? :curse: :veryangry:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
User avatar
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7295
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Ligue1

Post by kalani JR »

Didn't Vincent win MotM vs. England in 2002?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 27158
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Re: Francis Uzoho to choose MLS over Ligue1

Post by Tbite »

I don't know if some people have agendas on this forum or what.

What is all this B/S about Enyeama and exaggerated heroics.

WE DID WATCH ENYEAMA in Ligue 1 lol, and yes he looked damn good. He nearly broke the Ligue 1 record for most consecutive cleansheets.

I mean read this publication calling him Lille's greatest ever goalkeeper.

https://www.90min.com/fr/posts/le-meill ... e-de-lille

Enyeama might be the most disrespected LEGEND (and yes he is a Nigerian legend, no ifs, no buts).

If Enyeama is not a Nigerian legend then the word means nothing to me.

Post Reply