We have a serious Midfield crisis

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Post Reply
User avatar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7392
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by Tobi17 »

Iwobi- battling relegation
Aribo- doesn't even get minutes for a struggling Southampton
Ndidi- inconsistent form at Leicester, too injury prone as well.
Etebo- struggling to get minutes in the almighty Greek league
Onyeka- injured, nobody knows for how long.
Yusuf- injured? I haven't seen him in the Antwerp line up in a while.

So we are essentially left with only Onyedika who is in good form with Club brugges.

We have a qualifiers game against Guinea Bissau in March and we need all these guys to be in form before March, at this point isn't it safer we just look to get midfielders from Ladan Bossos U20 team?
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 25375
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Its a crisis even when there was no injuries. We have Nwakali and Bonke. Iwobi, Aribo and Ndidi will be OK for our next game.
OCCUPY NFF!!
User avatar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7392
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:01 pm Its a crisis even when there was no injuries. We have Nwakali and Bonke. Iwobi, Aribo and Ndidi will be OK for our next game.
When last did you see Bonke play for L'orient?

Iwobi yes, but can you bet your mortgage money that Ndidi won't be injured before our next major game?
User avatar
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26750
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Location: your girls place
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by bret- hart »

Nwakali, Onyedika, Iwobi, Ndidi( if fit), Aribo, Kinglsey Michael. Daga will probably be with the u20/u23 so he may not be available.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
User avatar
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26750
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Location: your girls place
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:07 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:01 pm Its a crisis even when there was no injuries. We have Nwakali and Bonke. Iwobi, Aribo and Ndidi will be OK for our next game.
When last did you see Bonke play for L'orient?

Iwobi yes, but can you bet your mortgage money that Ndidi won't be injured before our next major game?
You think Kongi the dunce watches any game? :laugh:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
User avatar
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26750
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Location: your girls place
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by bret- hart »

David Uzoh of Crystal Palace needs to be called up since he is uncapped by England. Its a no brainer.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
User avatar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7392
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:24 pm David Uzoh of Crystal Palace needs to be called up since he is uncapped by England. Its a no brainer.
I don't know what Peseiro and the NFF are doing but any of the innit boys is fine at this point for a call up (just in case), I just can't trust the reliability of Ndidi, Aribo etc, only Iwobi is trying and that doesn't say much considering the form of Everton right now.
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 25375
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:07 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:01 pm Its a crisis even when there was no injuries. We have Nwakali and Bonke. Iwobi, Aribo and Ndidi will be OK for our next game.
When last did you see Bonke play for L'orient?

Iwobi yes, but can you bet your mortgage money that Ndidi won't be injured before our next major game?
He played last weekend vs Marseille.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/16439 ... le-Lorient
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 18002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by vancity eagle »

Midfield reinforcement must be the #1 priority for Peseiro.

They need to scout the championship and all other leagues for Nigerian eligible players and Nigerians already eligible must be looked at in the more fringe leagues. U20 prospects also after the afcon and WC.
User avatar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7392
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:47 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:07 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:01 pm Its a crisis even when there was no injuries. We have Nwakali and Bonke. Iwobi, Aribo and Ndidi will be OK for our next game.
When last did you see Bonke play for L'orient?

Iwobi yes, but can you bet your mortgage money that Ndidi won't be injured before our next major game?
He played last weekend vs Marseille.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/16439 ... le-Lorient
My guy Bonke is a utility player that offers next to nothing, I'll take some league 2 player over him, I'm looking towards a rebuilding phase where cerebral players will play intelligent one touch football in that midfield, and not sideways passing mechanics that stifle the transition of our attacks. I want a player like Partey or Casemiro, I'm tired of bricklayers man.
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 25375
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:53 pm Midfield reinforcement must be the #1 priority for Peseiro.

They need to scout the championship and all other leagues for Nigerian eligible players and Nigerians already eligible must be looked at in the more fringe leagues. U20 prospects also after the afcon and WC.

This is what happens when you search everywhere for Nigerian players except Nigeria. After decades of abandoning the local league, the chicken has come home to roost.

We're not going to find any blue chip players in the Championship that'll make a difference in the short term. There're only 3 top rated mf that can make a difference in the short and long run. Ugochukwu, Chukwuemeka and maybe Eze. Now are ready to play for us.
OCCUPY NFF!!
User avatar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7392
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:53 pm Midfield reinforcement must be the #1 priority for Peseiro.

They need to scout the championship and all other leagues for Nigerian eligible players and Nigerians already eligible must be looked at in the more fringe leagues. U20 prospects also after the afcon and WC.
At this point I couldn't agree more, take out Iwobi from that midfield and we're f**ked. Osimhen, Lookman, Moffi will struggle to score goals in a team so flat on creativity...and you can be damn sure Simon Moses isn't delivering an intelligent pass or cross to save his life from the wings so we will have to rely on individual moments of brilliance from the likes of Iwobi and Osimhen.
User avatar
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26750
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Location: your girls place
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:12 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:53 pm Midfield reinforcement must be the #1 priority for Peseiro.

They need to scout the championship and all other leagues for Nigerian eligible players and Nigerians already eligible must be looked at in the more fringe leagues. U20 prospects also after the afcon and WC.
At this point I couldn't agree more, take out Iwobi from that midfield and we're f**ked. Osimhen, Lookman, Moffi will struggle to score goals in a team so flat on creativity...and you can be damn sure Simon Moses isn't delivering an intelligent pass or cross to save his life from the wings so we will have to rely on individual moments of brilliance from the likes of Iwobi and Osimhen.
I disagree. If we call up the right Mids we will be fine with or without Iwobi. The problem is the dunderheads coaching the SEs who only callup 2-3 midfielders per game. Like I said earlier A midfield of Iwobi, Ndidi, Aribo, Nwakali, Onyedika, Kingsley Michael is more than enough. You can add Uzoh as an Ndidi cover and Fisayo Bashiru/Daga/Tidjani as back up tho i suspect they will be involved with the U23s. Again the problem is the coaching staff led by Pissero who is just lazy when it comes to scouting for new players. Even **** was not this lazy when he started off.

Also Moses Simon needs to go. That guy cant cross if his life depended on it. Get a winger like Tella who can cross a ball and Osimhen will eat good.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
User avatar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7392
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:57 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:12 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:53 pm Midfield reinforcement must be the #1 priority for Peseiro.

They need to scout the championship and all other leagues for Nigerian eligible players and Nigerians already eligible must be looked at in the more fringe leagues. U20 prospects also after the afcon and WC.
At this point I couldn't agree more, take out Iwobi from that midfield and we're f**ked. Osimhen, Lookman, Moffi will struggle to score goals in a team so flat on creativity...and you can be damn sure Simon Moses isn't delivering an intelligent pass or cross to save his life from the wings so we will have to rely on individual moments of brilliance from the likes of Iwobi and Osimhen.
I disagree. If we call up the right Mids we will be fine with or without Iwobi. The problem is the dunderheads coaching the SEs who only callup 2-3 midfielders per game. Like I said earlier A midfield of Iwobi, Ndidi, Aribo, Nwakali, Onyedika, Kingsley Michael is more than enough. You can add Uzoh as an Ndidi cover and Fisayo Bashiru/Daga/Tidjani as back up tho i suspect they will be involved with the U23s. Again the problem is the coaching staff led by Pissero who is just lazy when it comes to scouting for new players. Even **** was not this lazy when he started off.

Also Moses Simon needs to go. That guy cant cross if his life depended on it. Get a winger like Tella who can cross a ball and Osimhen will eat good.

Bro you still don't get it...Ndidi is currently injured (man's almost done), Aribo isn't good enough and we don't know the true current form of Kingsley Michael.. Nwakali, and the U20/23 boys and then the innit boys are what we have for a solid chance at a midfield rebuild.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 18002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by vancity eagle »

Aribo is OK, but we have to keep looking at other options.

Nwakali needs to be given a serious chance too.

Each squad should have no less than 6 or 7 proper midfielders.

But I feel the midfield crisis will continue so long as Peseiro stubbornly sticks to the 442 and doesn't want to be flexible.
User avatar
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26750
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Location: your girls place
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:11 am
bret- hart wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:57 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:12 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:53 pm Midfield reinforcement must be the #1 priority for Peseiro.

They need to scout the championship and all other leagues for Nigerian eligible players and Nigerians already eligible must be looked at in the more fringe leagues. U20 prospects also after the afcon and WC.
At this point I couldn't agree more, take out Iwobi from that midfield and we're f**ked. Osimhen, Lookman, Moffi will struggle to score goals in a team so flat on creativity...and you can be damn sure Simon Moses isn't delivering an intelligent pass or cross to save his life from the wings so we will have to rely on individual moments of brilliance from the likes of Iwobi and Osimhen.
I disagree. If we call up the right Mids we will be fine with or without Iwobi. The problem is the dunderheads coaching the SEs who only callup 2-3 midfielders per game. Like I said earlier A midfield of Iwobi, Ndidi, Aribo, Nwakali, Onyedika, Kingsley Michael is more than enough. You can add Uzoh as an Ndidi cover and Fisayo Bashiru/Daga/Tidjani as back up tho i suspect they will be involved with the U23s. Again the problem is the coaching staff led by Pissero who is just lazy when it comes to scouting for new players. Even **** was not this lazy when he started off.

Also Moses Simon needs to go. That guy cant cross if his life depended on it. Get a winger like Tella who can cross a ball and Osimhen will eat good.

Bro you still don't get it...Ndidi is currently injured (man's almost done), Aribo isn't good enough and we don't know the true current form of Kingsley Michael.. Nwakali, and the U20/23 boys and then the innit boys are what we have for a solid chance at a midfield rebuild.
Your talking as if Ndidi is done. He isnt. Did he tear his ACL? No. Are we in Feburay? No. I think he will be fit before February. Like Vancity said if we call up 6-7 Mids we should be fine vs GB.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 25375
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I predict that Abdulahi Shehu will be invited for the next game. Na me tok am. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 18002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:37 am I predict that Abdulahi Shehu will be invited for the next game. Na me tok am. :thumb:
Those who condoned the continued invite of these junks were enemies of progress.

They told us he could play different positions.

Every time that wastepipe who can't even succeed in Cyprus was called was an opportunity wasted to call up

Nwakali
Ejaria
Onyedika
Dele Bashiru
Alhassan Yusuf
Kingsley Michael

Or anybody who can be part of our future.

Kingsley Michael played very well in that one match vs Cape Verde, imagine if we invested in our future instead of calling up the same dead weights.
User avatar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7392
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:37 am I predict that Abdulahi Shehu will be invited for the next game. Na me tok am. :thumb:
God forbid :curse:
gochino
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1513
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 pm
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by gochino »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:17 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:37 am I predict that Abdulahi Shehu will be invited for the next game. Na me tok am. :thumb:
God forbid :curse:
:rotf:... But I won't even be surprised sha, our coaches are sometimes dumb ! Imagine bringing in Shehu, Ighalo and Musa in a do or die game against Ghana! Three players that are off form and had contributed nothing to the eagles in the last 3 years.
User avatar
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 11931
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Re: We have a serious Midfield crisis

Post by wiseone »

You have confirmed the original poster’s point - by citing a guy playing in the 2nd division and another who is a reserve for L’Orient.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:01 pm Its a crisis even when there was no injuries. We have Nwakali and Bonke. Iwobi, Aribo and Ndidi will be OK for our next game.

Post Reply