Lookman vs Juventus: hangs again x2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Lookman vs Juventus: hangs again x2

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:13 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:06 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:55 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:40 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:13 pm Lookman is a baller sha, are our national team managers using him badly?
He plays as a support striker for Atalanta and as a winger for SE. Lookman is not as effective as a winger, he lives in that pocket behind the main striker and scores a lot. As a winger he's useless.
Not really, he starts on the right wing for Atalanta but has freedom to roam. Same with Boga but Mola is mainly on the right wing for his club. Stop trying to make up something that will give you confirmation bias for your silly stance on Lookmans usefulness to the SE.
You get Apollo for eye? Atalanta plays 343 , starting on th right side with freedom to roam confirms that he’s not used primarily as a winger. He will go out wide on occasion but his main role is central and that’s were his goals come from. Lookman plays mostly as an inverted winger on the left for SE,he doesn’t roam. Neither do Simon,Chukwueze or any of our wingers. Their primary role is to create from the flanks and support the Mf. Unfortunately, none of them have had much success of late.
He’s mostly on the wing and occasionally central when he roams. You don’t watch the games I watch every game of his so don’t insult my intelligence, you have no clue what you are talking about, you can clearly see it here https://www.transfermarkt.us/ademola-lo ... %3A%20Nike

Btw, since you claim to have watched this game tell us which position he started at and which position he ended the game at, and what caused the switch…next thing you will tell us that because Samu starts on the wing and roams inside that he’s a CM/AM too…don’t be daft bro…
Why bother. Dude has no streaming services. He gets his updates via owngoal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:13 pm Lookman is a baller sha, are our national team managers using him badly?
He plays as a support striker for Atalanta and as a winger for SE. Lookman is not as effective as a winger, he lives in that pocket behind the main striker and scores a lot. As a winger he's useless.
Not really, he starts on the right wing for Atalanta but has freedom to roam. Same with Boga but Mola is mainly on the right wing for his club. Stop trying to make up something that will give you confirmation bias for your silly stance on Lookmans usefulness to the SE.
You get Apollo for eye? Atalanta plays 343 , starting on th right side with freedom to roam confirms that he’s not used primarily as a winger. He will go out wide on occasion but his main role is central and that’s were his goals come from. Lookman plays mostly as an inverted winger on the left for SE,he doesn’t roam. Neither do Simon,Chukwueze or any of our wingers. Their primary role is to create from the flanks and support the Mf. Unfortunately, none of them have had much success of late.
He’s mostly on the wing and occasionally central when he roams. You don’t watch the games I watch every game of his so don’t insult my intelligence, you have no clue what you are talking about, you can clearly see it here https://www.transfermarkt.us/ademola-lo ... %3A%20Nike

Btw, since you claim to have watched this game tell us which position he started at and which position he ended the game at, and what caused the switch…next thing you will tell us that because Samu starts on the wing and roams inside that he’s a CM/AM too…don’t be daft bro…

Its not where he starts bro, but where he ends up...

Its not simply about "roaming inside". Look at where and how he receives the ball, not simply the image of the lineup.

He's playing between the lines. CONSTANTLY playing between the lines, to maximize his flexibility and rapidity in small spaces.

Contrast this with the SE where the long ball or diagonal to the wide man is the main approach...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:40 pm

Its not simply about "roaming inside". Look at where and how he receives the ball, not simply the image of the lineup.

He's playing between the lines. CONSTANTLY playing between the lines, to maximize his flexibility and rapidity in small spaces.

Contrast this with the SE where the long ball or diagonal to the wide man is the main approach...
Isn’t that on the SE coaches to maximize his abilities? I remember Keshi used to use Victor Moses in much the same that Atalanta uses Mola coming from the wings inbetween the lines and that’s how to get the best out of him. Emir stance is SE is rigid and Mola doesn’t fit the SE rather than saying hey let’s use him on the wing the way his club does as more of a wing forward that cuts inbetween the lines. My stance is play players to their strengths, but it’s disingenuous to try to say Mola is of no use to SE…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:36 pm
txj wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:40 pm

Isn’t that on the SE coaches to maximize his abilities? I remember Keshi used to use Victor Moses in much the same that Atalanta uses Mola coming from the wings inbetween the lines and that’s how to get the best out of him. Emir stance is SE is rigid and Mola doesn’t fit the SE rather than saying hey let’s use him on the wing the way his club does as more of a wing forward that cuts inbetween the lines. My stance is play players to their strengths, but it’s disingenuous to try to say Mola is of no use to SE…

I'm not disagreeing with you; just trying to build on the point you made.
As you rightly stated, its up to the manager to use him where he is most effective
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Happy for him. I have always thought, pound for pound he is right up there as our most talented player. Only one that comes close is Osimhen who is a beast. He has the flair and great technique, and is two footed.

It's a bit weird why it took so long for him, but better late than never. I guess the Premiership was too physical for him.

I am here scratching my head as to why some of you are saying he cannot play this way or that way for the SE. Dude has only played 3 games. Way too soon to say he is being misused by the coach (who is just as new)

Some of you guys are just too impatient and Kongi is just a pure hater.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:12 pm Happy for him. I have always thought, pound for pound he is right up there as our most talented player. Only one that comes close is Osimhen who is a beast. He has the flair and great technique, and is two footed.

It's a bit weird why it took so long for him, but better late than never. I guess the Premiership was too physical for him.

I am here scratching my head as to why some of you are saying he cannot play this way or that way for the SE. Dude has only played 3 games. Way too soon to say he is being misused by the coach (who is just as new)

why are you wasting your time with the cursed troll, bobo offers nothing here.. just view his posts as part of the quota system
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:12 pm Happy for him. I have always thought, pound for pound he is right up there as our most talented player. Only one that comes close is Osimhen who is a beast. He has the flair and great technique, and is two footed.

There's always been a player there in Lookman and I'm happy he's finally producing the goods.
Southgate didn't want him to switch to Nigeria and advised him to be patient for his opportunity with England. Thank God, he didn't listen otherwise England would have been knocking on his door right now.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

You say ‘some’?
That’s every Nigerian’s middle name.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "