SUPER FALCONS REVELATION SQUAD NAMED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Adisboy
Egg
Egg
Re: SUPER FALCONS REVELATION SQUAD NEMED

Post by Adisboy »

Otitokoro wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:19 pm Good observations on your part. Well said.
Most people don't realize you can actually set someone up for failure if you bring them into the fold prematurely.
Key U20 players have been tapped to be a part of the WNT based on their readiness, namely Demehin, Imuran and Ajibola. The

U17s still have a thing or two to learn to play at the WNT level. For me, the closest one of them to making the next step, based on all the requisite skills needed, is Amina Bello and not Ajakaiye.
Adisboy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:55 pm What side of the bed did you wake up on? Why sooo butt hurt? How was my opinion arrogant? Ajakaiye is an U17 player. She has at least 1 more youth tournament to play (i.e. the 2024 U20 WWC) before she get's to the senior's in my opinion. The U20 players i.e. Abiodun, Onyenezide, Sabastine, Imuran, Demehin and Alani played at a very high level at the last U20's considering the opposition they came against. Anyone of them can make and improve the Super Falcons as they are extremely talented. Imuran & Demehin are already main stays now and but for injury Abiodun would be there.Ajakaiye and her U17 mates still have at least a couple of years to get to that level as there's a massive gap between U17 & U20 levels. So in my opinion Ajakaiye & her U17 mates ARE NOT READY!!
Kpom × 100
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Adisboy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:55 pmWhat side of the bed did you wake up on? Why sooo butt hurt? How was my opinion arrogant? Ajakaiye is an U17 player. She has at least 1 more youth tournament to play (i.e. the 2024 U20 WWC) before she get's to the senior's in my opinion. The U20 players i.e. Abiodun, Onyenezide, Sabastine, Imuran, Demehin and Alani played at a very high level at the last U20's considering the opposition they came against. Anyone of them can make and improve the Super Falcons as they are extremely talented. Imuran & Demehin are already main stays now and but for injury Abiodun would be there.Ajakaiye and her U17 mates still have at least a couple of years to get to that level as there's a massive gap between U17 & U20 levels. So in my opinion Ajakaiye & her U17 mates ARE NOT READY!!
Completely agree (except for Alani)… :agree:
Otitokoro wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:19 pm Good observations on your part. Well said.
Most people don't realize you can actually set someone up for failure if you bring them into the fold prematurely.
Key U20 players have been tapped to be a part of the WNT based on their readiness, namely Demehin, Imuran and Ajibola. The

U17s still have a thing or two to learn to play at the WNT level. For me, the closest one of them to making the next step, based on all the requisite skills needed, is Amina Bello and not Ajakaiye.
Abegi, Amina cannot carry Opeyemi’s jockstrap…
Go watch the qualifiers where Ajakaye virtually carried the team on her back.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SUPER FALCONS REVELATION SQUAD NAMED

Post by Damunk »

Is Oparanozie now back in the squad?
She wasn’t listed originally….
Abundance Of Talented Players Excite Super Falcons Coach

By Lekan Sowande, Abuja.

Last updated Feb 10, 2023

Head Coach Randy Waldrum has reflected that there is an abundance of talented players in Nigeria’s senior women’s football team, the Super Falcons, as the nine-time African champions continue its preparations for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup finals in Australia and New Zealand this summer.

Each passing week, the Super Falcons squad seems to be bolstered with a number of young talents making waves in Europe and other parts of the world. Such is the strength of the Super Falcons that many football strategists and enthusiasts, including Waldrum, have been pondering how the team will file out at the biggest stage come July.

While speaking with newsmen in Abuja, the American tactician, exuded excitement and optimism with the surge of new talents emerging from within and outside the country in recent times and is optimistic of a good outing at the World Cup.

Waldrum also lauded the efforts of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in getting quality friendly matches and tournaments for the team, such as the Revelation Cup coming up in Mexico this month.

Super Falcons of Nigeria coach Randy Waldrum.
“I think the current Super Falcons squad is loaded with so many talented players. There are a lot of players that have much to offer in the team and I am reasonably excited and hopeful,” Waldrum said. “Asisat Oshoala is in great form and we all know what she is capable of.”

“When you add players like Desire Oparanozie, who is also very much in the mix, as well as Ifeoma Onumonu, Rasheedat Ajibade and Esther Okoronkwo, no doubt, we have so many effective weapons offensively. I am confident that we can build something special with this squad.”

“We have also got some bright players like Rofiat Imuran coming in, in her twenties, same with Tosin Demehin, to go along with experienced players like Osinachi Ohale. Ashleigh Plumptre has also been a great addition for us at the back.”

“I think I love the strength of the team; it’s just about getting the best eleven to play on the pitch,” Waldrum concluded.

Waldrum coach believes transfers to bigger clubs and leagues involving some players would also boost the confidence of the players as they prepare to square up with the very best talents globally in Australia and New Zealand.

The Super Falcons will participate in the first edition of the Women’s Revelation Cup, holding from the 15th – 21st February in the city of Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico.

The Nigeria senior women’s football squad will play against the women national teams of Mexico, Colombia and Costa Rica in the six-day preparatory tournament for the FIFA Women’s World Cup.

https://von.gov.ng/abundance-of-talente ... ons-coach/
The Falcons will be participating in another World Cup preparatory tournament in Turkey in April, but details have not been provided yet.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

With respect to her goalscoring performance at the qualifying stage, she struggled to replicate that at the biggest stage of all, which was the U17 WWC.
The one person who I felt stepped up and seemed to be better suited to take the next step, from my standpoint, was Amina Bello.
Be that as it may, we wish both young ladies the very best in their careers.
Gotti wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:30 am

Abegi, Amina cannot carry Opeyemi’s jockstrap…
Go watch the qualifiers where Ajakaye virtually carried the team on her back.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

It will be a surprise if the Tournament you are referring to will hold, considering Turkey just went through (and are still struggling to recover from) a horrible natural disaster.
Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:45 am The Falcons will be participating in another World Cup preparatory tournament in Turkey in April, but details have not been provided yet.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

It doesn’t look like the game will be televised🤥❗️

Cheers.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:00 am It doesn’t look like the game will be televised🤥❗️

Cheers.
How come

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

jette1 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:48 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:00 am It doesn’t look like the game will be televised🤥❗️

Cheers.
How come
Have you seen any listings❓❗️

Cheers.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:08 am
jette1 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:48 am

Cheers.
How come
Have you seen any listings❓❗️

Cheers.
It appears TUDN will be showing this match in the USA.

TUDN (formerly Univision Deportes) is available on satellite in USA on DISH Network channel 856/869, and DirecTV channel 464

https://www.tudn.com/futbol/revelations ... -en-mexico

https://www.livesoccertv.com/channels/u ... e%20FuboTV.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Them talk say Asisat refused to show https://www.instagram.com/p/Cor_RN-tKFR ... AzN2Q1NTE=

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

jette1 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:19 pm Them talk say Asisat refused to show https://www.instagram.com/p/Cor_RN-tKFR ... AzN2Q1NTE=
If true, then they need to move on without her. She is finally healthy and on a hot form but you can't take a player to the WC that don't want to be a part of the team.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Any links to the game?
trae_z
Egg
Egg

Post by trae_z »

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What time does the game start? I am not seeing it on TUDN.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:33 pm What time does the game start? I am not seeing it on TUDN.
Check the link two posts up
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Is it the heat or what?
Terrible game so far.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Thanks.
Damunk wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:34 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:33 pm What time does the game start? I am not seeing it on TUDN.
Check the link two posts up
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

HT 0-0.
Nothing happening.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

trae_z
Egg
Egg

Post by trae_z »

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Kanu uche just just messed one one with keeper

https://instagram.com/eaglestrackerng?i ... AzN2Q1NTE=