SUPER FALCONS REVELATION SQUAD NAMED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
SUPER FALCONS REVELATION SQUAD NAMED

Post by jette1 »

Last edited by jette1 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: SUPER FALCONS REVELATION SQUAD NEMED

Post by Bigpokey24 »

3 friendlies vs Mexico, Colombia and Costa Rica
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:32 am FORWARDS DESIRE & AJAKAYE missing

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn5R7cZuPeL ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Ajakaiye isnt quite ready yet to displace those in her central striker role. I’m not a fan of Onumonu though. I think she’s too slow for a CF. Desire, for me, is preferable.
Rita Chikwelu has been rightly dropped and I was hoping that small midfield dynamo from the Falconets, Esther Onyenezide, might squeeze in.
But her time is surely coming.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Oparanozie is certainly not as fast as Onumonu - not in a million yrs!!
And Ajakaiye and Onyenezide are certainly not ready for this level of football, especially not at this point in time.
Big difference between Senior football and age grade football.
Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:59 am

Ajakaiye isnt quite ready yet to displace those in her central striker role. I’m not a fan of Onumonu though. I think she’s too slow for a CF. Desire, for me, is preferable.
Rita Chikwelu has been rightly dropped and I was hoping that small midfield dynamo from the Falconets, Esther Onyenezide, might squeeze in.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Otitokoro wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:53 pm Oparanozie is certainly not as fast as Onumonu - not in a million yrs!!
And Ajakaiye and Onyenezide are certainly not ready for this level of football, especially not at this point in time.

Onyenezide is ready but Ajakaiye certainly isn't. Also I believe Deborah Abiodun would have made the squad but for injury. However, I would have added Flourish Sabastine or Gift Monday instead of Ihezuo.
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Doc,

I used to think the same way as you until I watched Onumonu live in Washington, DC. Watching a player on the tube will not accurately reflect what the player is doing on the field while watching live.

In that USA game, though her ball control and passing were so so, I could see why she was on the field. Using space is her game. She moves into spaces other players don't think of, closing the opposition's passing lanes when the opportunity presents itself. Her ineffectiveness in scoring goals may be due more to how the team plays during the offensive phase. Our efficiency in defence and ball recovery was not so bad, but retaining when we were attacking was lacking, so when Onumonu had the ball, I didn't see the kind of support she needed in the offensive third for her to score.

I will say what I saw of her was playing the role of an offensive defender. Unfortunately, we don't have any efficient goal scorer to complement what she does on the field.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Your observations are spot on!
Gadfly wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:42 pm
Doc,

I used to think the same way as you until I watched Onumonu live in Washington, DC. Watching a player on the tube will not accurately reflect what the player is doing on the field while watching live.

In that USA game, though her ball control and passing were so so, I could see why she was on the field. Using space is her game. She moves into spaces other players don't think of, closing the opposition's passing lanes when the opportunity presents itself. Her ineffectiveness in scoring goals may be due more to how the team plays during the offensive phase. Our efficiency in defence and ball recovery was not so bad, but retaining when we were attacking was lacking, so when Onumonu had the ball, I didn't see the kind of support she needed in the offensive third for her to score.

I will say what I saw of her was playing the role of an offensive defender. Unfortunately, we don't have any efficient goal scorer to complement what she does on the field.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SUPER FALCONS REVELATION SQUAD NAMED

Post by Damunk »

Wow. So Onumonu has fans?
I must say I will have to take a second look.
I have only seen her during AFCON and tbh, I was very frustrated. I could only see what she was failing to do in her Oshoala role.
Maybe that was unfair.
I will look again and try to apologise to her in person if I am convinced. :tic:
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:43 pm Wow. So Onumonu has fans?
I have only seen her during AFCON and tbh, I was very frustrated. I could only see what she was failing to do in her Oshoala role.
Maybe that was unfair.
I will look again and try to apologise to her in person if I am convinced. :tic:
I will hazard a guess that she was adapting her game to Oshoala, being the senior player, while Oshoala failed to adapt hers, having been used to being the main person in our attack.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:43 pm Wow. So Onumonu has fans?
Maybe that was unfair.
Yea ! take a second look and, this time at her game only

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Adisboy wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:35 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:53 pm Oparanozie is certainly not as fast as Onumonu - not in a million yrs!!

Onyenezide is ready but Ajakaiye certainly isn't. Also I believe Deborah Abiodun would have made the squad but for injury. However, I would have added Flourish Sabastine or Gift Monday instead of Ihezuo.
The Cruelest and morally incorrect thing that you would make of anyone is projecting and assuming the almighty determinant of a player's fate and readiness. Can you imagine someone telling you are not ready? at any point in your life while you are having sleepless nights trying to be someone, it's really arrogant.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:58 pm

The Cruelest and morally incorrect thing that you would make of anyone is projecting and assuming the almighty determinant of a player's fate and readiness. Can you imagine someone telling you are not ready? at any point in your life while you are having sleepless nights trying to be someone, it's really arrogant.
Guy, it’s just an opinion.
Anyone left out of a squad is on the wrong side of someone’s subjective opinion.
Telling someone they are “not yet ready” is far kinder and encouraging than telling them they are “not good enough”.
Nothing cruel, arrogant or immoral about it.
It’s not that deep. :rotf:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:03 am

Anyone left out of a squad is on the wrong side of someone’s subjective opinion.
Telling someone they are “not yet ready” is far kinder and encouraging than telling them they are “not good enough”.
These kids are coming from the poorest of the poor and to have made it this far is probably beyond anything you and would ever experience. Their family are barely hanging on and praying so yea it may not be that deed to you and that’s understandable, to them however it’s life & death

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:10 am

These kids are coming from the poorest of the poor and to have made it this far is probably beyond anything you and would ever experience. Their family are barely hanging on and praying so yea it may not be that deed to you and that’s understandable, to them however it’s life & death
I was refering to your overanalysis, not the impact on the individual.
You have obviously missed my numerous comments on the horrors young Nigerian players have to go through just to get the chance to show their skills to regional and national coaches.
I regularly point out Awoniyi, Osimhen, Ighalo and several others. So I am not downplaying their hustle at all.
I am simply telling you that telling a player that he or she is “not ready” is not an act of cruelty, arrogance or anything immoral.
I’m not sure why you think that.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:54 pm

You have obviously missed my numerous comments on the horrors young Nigerian players have to go through just to get the chance to show their skills to regional and national coaches.
I regularly point out Awoniyi, Osimhen, Ighalo and several others. So I am not downplaying their hustle at all.
I am simply telling you that telling a player that he or she is “not ready” is not an act of cruelty, arrogance or anything immoral.
talk about back pedaling . my goodness, jette has also exposed you , the entire forum now knows who you really are.. shocking. I used to view it as banter, but you actually are serious about your views.. wow. The body grows but the mind is still juvenile and stagnant
SuperEagles

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I think that because it sounds insensitive and shouldn’t be a language used in these particular interactions considering these are kids. They would expect a better articulated explanation that meets them where they currently are than simply telling them that they aren’t ready. You don’t know what’s in their heart. It sounds rather dismissive and uncaring to any ear. And I’m attacking that language because those are exact words often spit out to these kids in that environment.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:18 pm
talk about back pedaling . my goodness, jette has also exposed you , the entire forum now knows who you really are.. shocking. I used to view it as banter, but you actually are serious about your views.. wow. The body grows but the mind is still juvenile and stagnant
Says the brain-dead couch potato, flicking between soccer channels 24/7.
You get any work, other than to be chasing Damunk around CE with that your dumbfo driver? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

See? I’ve finally paid you some attention - three whole sentences!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:34 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:54 pm I was refering to your overanalysis, not the impact on the individual.
I think that because it sounds insensitive and shouldn’t be a language used in these particular interactions considering these are kids. They would expect a better articulated explanation that meets them where they currently are than simply telling them that they aren’t ready. You don’t know what’s in their heart. It sounds rather dismissive and uncaring to any ear. And I’m attacking that language because those are exact words often spit out to these kids in that environment.
Maybe the tone in which you hear those words in your head makes you feel that way.
I hear them very differently.
It doesn’t have to be condescending at all.
I’m hearing “You are almost there, but e remain small”.
You seem to be hearing “You have no hope. Go away”.

Same words, different delivery, different meanings.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:49 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:18 pm
Says the brain-dead couch potato, flicking between soccer channels 24/7.
You get any work, other than to be chasing Damunk around CE with that your dumbfo driver? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

See? I’ve finally paid you some attention - three whole sentences!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Why are you so emotional? Come on. It isn't that serious.
SuperEagles

Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

What side of the bed did you wake up on? Why sooo butt hurt? How was my opinion arrogant? Ajakaiye is an U17 player. She has at least 1 more youth tournament to play (i.e. the 2024 U20 WWC) before she get's to the senior's in my opinion. The U20 players i.e. Abiodun, Onyenezide, Sabastine, Imuran, Demehin and Alani played at a very high level at the last U20's considering the opposition they came against. Anyone of them can make and improve the Super Falcons as they are extremely talented. Imuran & Demehin are already main stays now and but for injury Abiodun would be there.Ajakaiye and her U17 mates still have at least a couple of years to get to that level as there's a massive gap between U17 & U20 levels. So in my opinion Ajakaiye & her U17 mates ARE NOT READY!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Good observations on your part. Well said.
Most people don't realize you can actually set someone up for failure if you bring them into the fold prematurely.
Key U20 players have been tapped to be a part of the WNT based on their readiness, namely Demehin, Imuran and Ajibola. The

U17s still have a thing or two to learn to play at the WNT level. For me, the closest one of them to making the next step, based on all the requisite skills needed, is Amina Bello and not Ajakaiye.
Adisboy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:55 pm What side of the bed did you wake up on? Why sooo butt hurt? How was my opinion arrogant? Ajakaiye is an U17 player. She has at least 1 more youth tournament to play (i.e. the 2024 U20 WWC) before she get's to the senior's in my opinion. The U20 players i.e. Abiodun, Onyenezide, Sabastine, Imuran, Demehin and Alani played at a very high level at the last U20's considering the opposition they came against. Anyone of them can make and improve the Super Falcons as they are extremely talented. Imuran & Demehin are already main stays now and but for injury Abiodun would be there.Ajakaiye and her U17 mates still have at least a couple of years to get to that level as there's a massive gap between U17 & U20 levels. So in my opinion Ajakaiye & her U17 mates ARE NOT READY!!