Lesley Ugochukwu open to playing for Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Lesley Ugochukwu open to playing for Nigeria

Post by Tobi17 »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 1Mb6YhHx7F

Fast rising France youth international, Lesley Ugochukwu, says he is “not closing any doors” on playing for Nigeria in the future, but admits he is focusing on his career with Les Bleuets.

Ugochukwu, 18, who plays for French top club, Rennes, has Nigerian parents – making him eligible to play for the three-time African champions.

Under FIFA rules, he is free to switch because he has not yet played for France’s senior national team. And, despite three goals from 15 France caps at U-18 to U-19 level, Ugochukwu says he will not close the door on Nigeria.

“I’m only focused on France and my club right now, but my parents are from Nigeria, so I’m not closing any doors,” he told The Guardian.
“As a young player, I cannot look too far ahead by speaking on the future. I am growing at my club, learning and improving with the France team.
“Right now, there’s no pressure on me to make any decision, but we will see what happens in the future.”

Ugochukwu, who is the nephew of former Rennes and Nigeria defender, Onyekachi Apam, was born in Rennes in 2004.

He joined the Brittany club’s academy in 2012 and progressed through the ranks before making his senior debut in April 2021.

A defensive midfielder, his frame and style of play has drawn comparisons to Arsenal legend, Patrick Vieira, while his impressive form for Rennes since March 2022 has attracted interest from English and German clubs.
“I can’t pay too much attention to stuff written in the media because it can easily create unnecessary distractions,” he added.
“It’s good to know that people have nice things to say about my performance but the plan is to keep improving.
“I still have to keep my head, listen to the managers and older players in the team because they know a lot.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Lesley Ugochukwu open to playing for Nigeria

Post by Bigpokey24 »

don't you get tired of posting false news? Time after time you always post stuff that never ever comes to past. Look at the Moffi's thread you opened about going to Marseille , and now this . Do not be in a hurry to always come up short. Research, use analytics to support your rants..haba you are turning this forum to nairaland
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:11 pm don't you get tired of posting false news? Time after time you always post stuff that never ever comes to past. Look at the Moffi's thread you opened about going to Marseille , and now this . Do not be in a hurry to always come up short. Research, use analytics to support your rants..haba you are turning this forum to nairaland
I thought I was on your block list? 🤡
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:56 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:11 pm don't you get tired of posting false news? Time after time you always post stuff that never ever comes to past. Look at the Moffi's thread you opened about going to Marseille , and now this . Do not be in a hurry to always come up short. Research, use analytics to support your rants..haba you are turning this forum to nairaland
Tobi17, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
SuperEagles

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Stop barking you Eeeediot. How dare you complain about other people's threads when u constantly bombard us with ignorance on a hourly basis. Do u have no shame?

You promised to leave CE months ago but even that was a lie. Abeg, gtfoh with alacrity.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:56 pm
You truly have no shame. Like a road side whore that you are, always embarrassing yourself in public. clown!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Notice there is a pattern between this unstable Tob1tch and Damunk? I have it on good authority that Damunk is its husband and this is just an embittered wife misbehaving, due to the rumors of inefficiency of the husband. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

These young foreign borns should be made to understand that Nigeria is not a fail safe for their personal ambitions. It’s totally OK to choose France over Nigeria if you feel more connected to France than you are to Nigeria but don’t expect Nigeria to wait faithfully for you when France rejects you❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:04 pm
Notice there is a pattern between this unstable Tob1tch and Damunk? I have it on good authority that Damunk is its husband and this is just an embittered wife misbehaving, due to the rumors of inefficiency of the husband. :oops:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The only husband and wife duo on this board is you and Fatporkey.
Inseperable.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

damunk doesn't count, he matters not. have you noticed he can never ever stick to a topic., dude derails a thread and starts writing pointless unintelligent rants. you are better off laughing at him .
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:56 pm
damunk doesn't count, he matters not. have you noticed he can never ever stick to a topic., dude derails a thread and starts writing pointless unintelligent rants. you are better off laughing at him .
Dumbfo and Fatporkey trying to have an intellectual ‘moment’.
:ohmy: :rotf: :ohmy:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:32 pm
you are too old for such. put away childish rants and enjoy the forum. It gets tiring after a while
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:06 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:32 pm
you are too old for such. put away childish rants and enjoy the forum. It gets tiring after a while
Truly sad to see a veteran like this. :( :oops:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Same old same old......
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:58 pm Same old same old......
We need to have full on no holds barred attempt to get this boy. He's a potential world class mf, he's young and he naturally belongs to us. He's Apam’s cousin goodness sake,the same Apam who played with Mikel, Taye Taiwo and Sani Kaita at the 2005 wyc. How could we lose a player with such close connection to France? Let’s be honest here, losing him would be a disaster.

This is the player Eguaveon should be visiting instead of collecting envelopes from Adsrabioyo.

If we do not get this boy in the next yr, we'll regret it in the future big time.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:21 am
We need to have full on no holds barred attempt to get this boy. He's a potential world class mf, he's young and he naturally belongs to us. He's Apam’s cousin goodness sake,the same Apam who played with Mikel, Taye Taiwo and Sani Kaita at the 2005 wyc. How could we lose a player with such close connection to France? Let’s be honest here, losing him would be a disaster.

This is the player Eguaveon should be visiting instead of collecting envelopes from Adsrabioyo.

If we do not get this boy in the next yr, we'll regret it in the future big time.
Nephew you mean. He is to Apam what Iwobi is to JJ.
Meanwhile, Nigeria should take a cue from .Morocco.
They went out aggressively to claim their own, with full backing coming right from the very top - the King of Morocco.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:59 am

They went out aggressively to claim their own, with full backing coming right from the very top - the King of Morocco.
maybe if you were a King of your home, you'd also be able to go out aggressively to claim your wife, Tobi, fully from the backing coming right from the very top?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:15 am

maybe if you were a King of your home, you'd also be able to go out aggressively to claim your wife, Tobi, fully from the backing coming right from the very top?
You’re trying too hard.
You’re an amateur. :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:22 am
danfo driver wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:15 am

You’re trying too hard.
You’re an amateur. :rotf:
Na wa o! My brother, I simply gave you the same encouragement as you said the people of Morocco gave their King. It is well.

Please try too hard with Tobi, it is an amateur. :D
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

You're right bro. We need to go all out for these boys with backing from the top.
We do not seem to have a plan in place to get these foreign born players. We need the Minister of Sports, at the very least to be a part of a concerted effort to get these boys by speaking directly to their families on behalf of the government. All we are currently doing in ad hoc with no clearly thought out plans.
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Somebody trying to derail another thread with their bizarre fantasies and perversions...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The good:

1) he has a Nigerian link in his uncle Onyekachi Apam

2) he is from the same academy that produced Eduardo Camavinga

3) There is a massive queue of French defensive midfields ahead of him (even after Rabiot and Kante retire in the next 3-5 years)

The bad: if France 🇫🇷 gets serious about capping him, Nigeria has no chance.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:42 am Somebody trying to derail another thread with their bizarre fantasies and perversions...
As long as it's France 🇫🇷 we should be good, even Ugochukwu knows he has to consistently put up world class performances to have a chance of even making the France bench.