Folarin Balogun

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Folarin Balogun

Post by Tobi17 »

He scored a superb late equalizer against almighty PSG...Folarin should be courted by the NFF
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Folarin Balogun

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:27 pm He scored a superb late equalizer against almighty PSG...Folarin should be courted by the NFF
He might actually have better chance to make the EngLand team than SE.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:29 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:27 pm He scored a superb late equalizer against almighty PSG...Folarin should be courted by the NFF
That doesn't mean we shouldn't try, we need to have a go at all Nigerian eligible players ahead of the AFCON, out of 10 we have a chance with at least 5 of them.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:41 pm
That doesn't mean we shouldn't try, we need to have a go at all Nigerian eligible players ahead of the AFCON, out of 10 we have a chance with at least 5 of them.
Balogun have to do better in a better league for use to even consider him, these are not like the Ola days when we only had Enemike, who played in Turkey as our best option.

Osihmen - Top Scorer in Serie A
Moffi- Top 5 in France
Sadiq- laLiga up and coming striker
Awoniyi - Bpl Starting striker

These guys are all young. However, if he want to play for our Olympic team if we qualify that'll be OK. I guys you're right. Call em and stack in the shelve until we need them.
Right now Ugochukwu is top priority. Folarin is welcome to send. Eguavoen a ticket and an envelope if he wants us to scout him.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:16 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:41 pm
Balogun have to do better in a better league for use to even consider him, these are not like the Ola days when we only had Enemike, who played in Turkey as our best option.

Osihmen - Top Scorer in Serie A
Moffi- Top 5 in France
Sadiq- laLiga up and coming striker
Awoniyi - Bpl Starting striker

These guys are all young. However, if he want to play for our Olympic team if we qualify that'll be OK. I guys you're right. Call em and stack in the shelve until we need them.
Right now Ugochukwu is top priority. Folarin is welcome to send. Eguavoen a ticket and an envelope if he wants us to scout him.
So the Ligue 1 isn't a top league? Just for context, Reims FC have scored 22 goals this season and 11 of those goals have come from Folarin- that's a world class stat right there and we shouldn't rest on our oars in trying to get these guys now.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

19 games, 11 goals and 2 assists.... He has done very well in France.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

We should go after him. Doesn't hurt to have more options.
The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:18 am 19 games, 11 goals and 2 assists.... He has done very well in France.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I was thinking the same thing.
What a wonderful ‘dilemma’ for us to have :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:18 am 19 games, 11 goals and 2 assists.... He has done very well in France.
Excellent player. And he has indicated that he is keen on Nigeria
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:51 am
Excellent player. And he has indicated that he is keen on Nigeria
I like him. He takes snap shots instead of dilly dallying with the ball. My only small beef with him is that he seem to take shots even in tight angles/low percentage. But then again, I've only watched him like 2 times. Arsenal will be recalling him at the end of the season or will make a good chump change from his various suitors.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Hat trick tonight vs Lorient.

20 games, 14 goals.

Top scorer in Ligue 1. :clap:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Born in the United States to Nigerian parents and raised in England, Balogun is eligible to represent all three nations at international level. After playing for England at the under-17 level and appearing in the 2018 UEFA European Under-17 Championship,[25] he accepted a call up from the United States under-18 national team in August 2018 for a training camp and a tournament in the Czech Republic.[5][26] He played in all four of the United States' games in the Václav Ježek Youth Tournament and scored twice.[27] He has also expressed interest in playing for Nigeria,
So is this bobo for or against us?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:51 pm
Hat trick tonight vs Lorient.

20 games, 14 goals.

Top scorer in Ligue 1. :clap:
That is an impressive tally for the young man. I hope he gets called up(and accepts) to compete for a spot behind Osimhen.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Currently leading the goal chart in Ligue 1 ahead of the likes of Mbappe (all this while playing for a less fancied club like Reims)...somehow some experts here think we should sleep on this kid cause we're "stacked" in attacking options...with Folarin's current form, I don't see how England won't come sniffing around.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:28 pm Currently leading the goal chart in Ligue 1 ahead of the likes of Mbappe (all this while playing for a less fancied club like Reims)...somehow some experts here think we should sleep on this kid cause we're "stacked" in attacking options...with Folarin's current form, I don't see how England won't come sniffing around.

He has a better chance with England than Nigeria at having a long international career where he actually plays regularly. England has Harry Kane and the quality drops off significantly after him, Kane is also not young anymore. All he has to do get a spot with Arsenal.

We have Osihmen protected to command the SE no 9 for yrs to come andMoffi, Sadiq and Awoniyi. All players about as good as he is or better. I'll take him sha for insurance.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:42 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:28 pm Currently leading the goal chart in Ligue 1 ahead of the likes of Mbappe (all this while playing for a less fancied club like Reims)...somehow some experts here think we should sleep on this kid cause we're "stacked" in attacking options...with Folarin's current form, I don't see how England won't come sniffing around.

He has a better chance with England than Nigeria at having a long international career where he actually plays regularly. England has Harry Kane and the quality drops off significantly after him, Kane is also not young anymore. All he has to do get a spot with Arsenal.

We have Osihmen protected to command the SE no 9 for yrs to come andMoffi, Sadiq and Awoniyi. All players about as good as he is or better. I'll take him sha for insurance.
Apart from Osimhen, none of our other strikers are better than Folarin! the deputy striker to Osimhen is still up for grabs so the winner has to take it all, personally I rate Folarin ahead of Moffi. Awoniyi and Sadiq cause his overall game is just better (but that's my opinion).
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:57 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:42 pm

Apart from Osimhen, none of our other strikers are better than Folarin! the deputy striker to Osimhen is still up for grabs so the winner has to take it all, personally I rate Folarin ahead of Moffi. Awoniyi and Sadiq cause his overall game is just better (but that's my opinion).
Florian leads the line, he’s a 9. He’s not complimentary to Osihmen but I may be wrong. Anyway sha, you’re a corrupt agent for touting Akpom, Lookman and now Folarin as SS. Una never belle full? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We just played our last afcon without Osimehn.

This is a player who now has a history of injuries.

We need as solid a deputy as possible.

Also it seems that given the players at our disposal we may need to consider 352 formation.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:23 am We just played our last afcon without Osimehn.

Also it seems that given the players at our disposal we may need to consider 352 formation.
Do we have the wing backs to play 352 at a very high level? Kai...... if we get Udogie we do hammer be that.He'd be perfect. Not sold on Aina on the right but Ebuehi could be th main guy on the right.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:23 am We just played our last afcon without Osimehn.

Exactly, we can't keep relying on Osimhen cause we know his records of injuries or club drama (like we saw in the last AFCON with Napoli not allowing him to attend the tournament)...now are the likes of Moffi, Sadiq and Awoniyi reliable enough deputies in the absence of Osimhen? I wouldn't put my money on the odds just yet.

If we WANT to compete and win the AFCON and go far in the 2026 world cup, we have to find capable deputies for Osimhen, Iwobi and Ndidi (these 3 guys are the anchors of that team). The answer to Osimhen is Folarin, the answer to Iwobi is Eberechi Eze, and the answer to Ndidi are either of Yusuf, Onyedika and Lesley Ugochukwu.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:37 am

Do we have the wing backs to play 352 at a very high level? Kai...... if we get Udogie we do hammer be that.He'd be perfect. Not sold on Aina on the right but Ebuehi could be th main guy on the right.
You are forgetting Osayi Bright
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:41 am

Exactly, we can't keep relying on Osimhen cause we know his records of injuries or club drama (like we saw in the last AFCON with Napoli not allowing him to attend the tournament)...now are the likes of Moffi, Sadiq and Awoniyi reliable enough deputies in the absence of Osimhen? I wouldn't put my money on the odds just yet.

If we WANT to compete and win the AFCON and go far in the 2026 world cup, we have to find capable deputies for Osimhen, Iwobi and Ndidi (these 3 guys are the anchors of that team). The answer to Osimhen is Folarin, the answer to Iwobi is Eberechi Eze, and the answer to Ndidi are either of Yusuf, Onyedika and Lesley Ugochukwu.
I am even thinking we need to move Iwobi to CM and convert the most cerebral of our forwards/wingers to play #10. (Lookman, Akpom, Ejuke) Eze if he switches.

This way we can utilize our plethora of attacking players
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:29 am
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:41 am

I am even thinking we need to move Iwobi to CM and convert the most cerebral of our forwards/wingers to play #10. (Lookman, Akpom, Ejuke) Eze if he switches.

This way we can utilize our plethora of attacking players
That means we have to play 352 for that idea to work