Mourinho: ‘Osimhen like Drogba

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mourinho: ‘Osimhen like Drogba

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:36 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:34 pm Still haven't explained how Pinnick should have supported "his own young striker (Osimhen)"....
1. Osimhen was injured several times, how many times did Pinnick visit him in the hospital or at home?

2. Osimhen was sick and had issues at Wolfsburg, how many times did Pinnick visit him?

3. Osimhen failed several trials due to sickness, how many times did Pinnick invite him to his home or office in Lagos?
Is that a role for an NFF President? Is he supposed to lead as player liaison and welfare?

Btw I don't think he was best placed to meet with dual nationality players and convince them to choose Nigeria either (as he sucked at it).
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:40 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:36 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:34 pm Still haven't explained how Pinnick should have supported "his own young striker (Osimhen)"....
1. Osimhen was injured several times, how many times did Pinnick visit him in the hospital or at home?

2. Osimhen was sick and had issues at Wolfsburg, how many times did Pinnick visit him?

3. Osimhen failed several trials due to sickness, how many times did Pinnick invite him to his home or office in Lagos?
Is that a role for an NFF President? Is he supposed to lead as player liaison and welfare?

Btw I don't think he was best placed to meet with dual nationality players and convince them to choose Nigeria either (as he sucked at it).
Answer the questions, please.

After all, like you rightly anticipated, he took on the liaison position of meeting with teenagers all over England and inviting them to his home in North London.

Thanks!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

P.s -- i am surprised no one has criticized Mourinho's comments and I am shocked Osimhen's agent hasnt come out with a strong PR campaign to criticize the comment and show evidence that Osimhen was targeted with violence -- publicize pictures of his injured hand, pay blogs to post several gifs and videos of Smalling's hard tackles etc etc.

Mourinho's comments was reckless and unacceptable. This comment from a very respected figure could easily taint the career of a player, brand him as a "diver" for the rest of his career and make him a target for the referees and boo boys.

This is part of the problems African footballers have. Their agents do not understand the important of branding. They are more interested in making their huge fees and show up during transfers.

Look at the worhtless Karsdorp. One of the worst and most useless rightbacks I have ever seeing.A guy who, against Juventus, lost the ball and literall walked away from a tackle and allowed the Juve winger to advance, causing a goal. Mourinho rightfully accused him of sabotage! Yes! rightfully! But do you know what his agent did? They spent the next one month "clearing his name!" They realized quickly that such allegations will destroy their player's career! All the blogs in Italy an in his homeland carried stories of "persecution!" etc etc... you think those blogs give a hoot about Karsdorp? Nope! His agent bribed them-- rightly! Today NO single club came in to buy karsdorp! Not even one. No one will touch him. Whether its because he is useless or whether its because his reputation was stained by that comment, I dont know. but what i do know is that his agent jumped quickly into work to rectify his image.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:03 pm Can you confidently state that Tammy is better than Sadiq and Moffi? :rotf: :rotf:

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:39 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:48 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:40 am
highbury wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:12 am That is why I detest the actions of Pinnick. He was so terrible for Nigeria football. Instead of supporting his own young striker, he was running overseas chasing anything foreign which included foreign Nigerian players( Abraham). I have never seen a man who claim to be wealthy and well travelled to be so obsessed with anything foreign
How should Pinnick have supported Osimhen? I'm all for criticising Pinnick but what exactly is the complaint here?
The complaint here is we always produce the better raw talented players from Nigeria compared to the failed scouting experiment under peakmeak. Majority of our u17s, u20s etc end up being the best to ever rep Nigeria. OKOCHA. KANU,IKPEBA, Mikel, Etc etc.. the list goes on. This same tammy was chased around by peakmilk...but today we see who currently, is the better 9..go back and scout in Nigeria and give them a chance...instead you now have CE folks getting sucked into the failed and lazy scouting methods of pulling and shouting any UK born player . Today is is Chuba Akpom tomorrow it is Japan. Bottom line no one is saying don't scout UK players , but many aren't good enough for international football. That is why we have zero creativity from midfield, just like the English coached players
Ok, Osimhen is better than Tammy. We don hear. But which one of the other strikers we have is better than Tammy?

We mustn’t forget that we need to have a strong squad which means having good backups because injuries, suspensions, resting players, subs and poor form.
i was about to reply him, but you already did ... nothing more to add...even Denis is miles ahead of Tammy
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:12 pm P.s -- i am surprised no one has criticized Mourinho's comments and I am shocked Osimhen's agent hasnt come out with a strong PR campaign to criticize the comment and show evidence that Osimhen was targeted with violence -- publicize pictures of his injured hand, pay blogs to post several gifs and videos of Smalling's hard tackles etc etc.

Mourinho's comments was reckless and unacceptable. This comment from a very respected figure could easily taint the career of a player, brand him as a "diver" for the rest of his career and make him a target for the referees and boo boys.

This is part of the problems African footballers have. Their agents do not understand the important of branding. They are more interested in making their huge fees and show up during transfers.

Look at the worhtless Karsdorp. One of the worst and most useless rightbacks I have ever seeing.A guy who, against Juventus, lost the ball and literall walked away from a tackle and allowed the Juve winger to advance, causing a goal. Mourinho rightfully accused him of sabotage! Yes! rightfully! But do you know what his agent did? They spent the next one month "clearing his name!" They realized quickly that such allegations will destroy their player's career! All the blogs in Italy an in his homeland carried stories of "persecution!" etc etc... you think those blogs give a hoot about Karsdorp? Nope! His agent bribed them-- rightly! Today NO single club came in to buy karsdorp! Not even one. No one will touch him. Whether its because he is useless or whether its because his reputation was stained by that comment, I dont know. but what i do know is that his agent jumped quickly into work to rectify his image.
Nna, you are on point.

Defenders have seen the only way to stop Osimhen is to maul him.

See the violent conduct by the Roma players (Smallings) against Osimhen. People think that the stomp on Osimhen was inadvertent or accidental. Naaa. Good hard defenders will always leave cleat marks on you at any given opportunity. Lots of extracurricular stuff.

The effrontery of Mourinho talking about diving?!! :boo: :boo:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Jmal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:02 am https://football-italia.net/mourinho-os ... o-england/
Osimhen made it look so easy | Top Moment | Napoli-Roma | Serie A 2022/23

...that was a 'sick' goal he scored there. What were the defenders doing standing, watch him juggle and smash that ball?
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

What a goal, what a striker, who cares what a has-been like Mourinho - but dd is right - his agent should be on it pronto
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

mcal wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:21 am...that was a 'sick' goal he scored there. What were the defenders doing standing, watch him juggle and smash that ball?

Besides intercepting the cross before Victor received it (which they tried to do but failed), what exactly do you want the defenders to in the 2 seconds where Victor received the cross, controlled the ball within very tight quarters and then volleyed it home?
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

theDunamis wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:44 pm
mcal wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:21 am...that was a 'sick' goal he scored there. What were the defenders doing standing, watch him juggle and smash that ball?

Besides intercepting the cross before Victor received it (which they tried to do but failed), what exactly do you want the defenders to in the 2 seconds where Victor received the cross, controlled the ball within very tight quarters and then volleyed it home?
...throw your body in the way, I know you have seen many defenders do that in the box.
Anyway, kudos to Victor for his reflex and artistry.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mcal wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:45 pm
theDunamis wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:44 pm

...throw your body in the way, I know you have seen many defenders do that in the box.
Anyway, kudos to Victor for his reflex and artistry.
The first defender was turned around once he couldn’t meet the cross and was taken completely out of the equation, the second defender was thrown off by Vic controlling on his tight rather than immediately hitting it - completely threw off his timing, plus everyone is worrying about handball in the box. You gotta give genius credit where due.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:30 pmThe first defender was turned around once he couldn’t meet the cross and was taken completely out of the equation, the second defender was thrown off by Vic controlling on his tight rather than immediately hitting it - completely threw off his timing, plus everyone is worrying about handball in the box. You gotta give genius credit where due.

Exactly this. It is easy to view plays after the fact and in slow motion and apportion blame or reimagine what one cudda shudda wudda done. Instead, just give due credit -- without zero-summing.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

theDunamis wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:48 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:30 pmThe first defender was turned around once he couldn’t meet the cross and was taken completely out of the equation, the second defender was thrown off by Vic controlling on his tight rather than immediately hitting it - completely threw off his timing, plus everyone is worrying about handball in the box. You gotta give genius credit where due.

Exactly this. It is easy to view plays after the fact and in slow motion and apportion blame or reimagine what one cudda shudda wudda done. Instead, just give due credit -- without zero-summing.
...yup, due credit to the defenders for getting screwed. My still kudos to Victor :clap: