Mourinho: ‘Osimhen like Drogba

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Mourinho: ‘Osimhen like Drogba

Post by Jmal »

https://football-italia.net/mourinho-os ... o-england/
Osimhen made it look so easy | Top Moment | Napoli-Roma | Serie A 2022/23

Mourinho: ‘Osimhen like Drogba, but he has to change if he goes to England’
Jan 29, 2023 23:01 - by Susy Campanale - Leave a Comment

Roma coach Jose Mourinho compares Victor Osimhen to Didier Drogba and admits he would ‘buy him if I was at a club with a lot of money,’ but also had a stern warning for the Napoli striker about Premier League life.

The Nigeria international extended his lead in the Capocannoniere charts with the 14th Serie A goal of the season and it was a stunner too, as he controlled Kvicha Kvaratskhelia’s cross with his chest, then juggled it on his right thigh before smashing in the right-foot volley.

Speaking at a press conference after Roma’s 2-1 defeat at the Stadio Maradona, Mourinho was asked about Osimhen in comparison with a player he worked with at Chelsea, the legend Drogba.

“He is of the same level as Drogba, but Didier didn’t dive,” replied Mou.

“If Victor changes, then OK. I’d buy him if I was at a club with a lot of money. However, if he does go to England one day, he needs to change, because in Italy they put up with this sort of behaviour, whereas in the Premier League, they’d come down hard on him.”

The Special One also spoke to Osimhen after the match.

“I told him that he scored a wonderful goal and needs to stop diving so much. His goal was fantastic, he did the same thing when we met earlier this season, so he’s a fantastic player. But he mustn’t dive.”
Leave a Reply
Last edited by Jmal on Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mourinho: ‘Osimhen like Drogba

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Kai..... Mourinho's only complaint is diving. :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Jmal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:02 am https://football-italia.net/mourinho-os ... o-england/

Roma coach Jose Mourinho compares Victor Osimhen to Didier Drogba and admits he would ‘buy him if I was at a club with a lot of money,’ but also had a stern warning for the Napoli striker about Premier League life.

The Nigeria international extended his lead in the Capocannoniere charts with the 14th Serie A goal of the season and it was a stunner too, as he controlled Kvicha Kvaratskhelia’s cross with his chest, then juggled it on his right thigh before smashing in the right-foot volley.

Speaking at a press conference after Roma’s 2-1 defeat at the Stadio Maradona, Mourinho was asked about Osimhen in comparison with a player he worked with at Chelsea, the legend Drogba.

“If Victor changes, then OK. I’d buy him if I was at a club with a lot of money. However, if he does go to England one day, he needs to change, because in Italy they put up with this sort of behaviour, whereas in the Premier League, they’d come down hard on him.”

“I told him that he scored a wonderful goal and needs to stop diving so much. His goal was fantastic, he did the same thing when we met earlier this season, so he’s a fantastic player. But he mustn’t dive.”
Leave a Reply
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:19 pm see Vic defending corner kicks , alas Drogba :clap: :clap: :clap: this is Jose type striker.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Jmal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:02 am https://football-italia.net/mourinho-os ... o-england/

Leave a Reply

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

and here I was thinking Mourinho was about to give some technical advise.

I guess when you are firing on all cylinders, there isn't much else to say.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Tbite wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:13 am and here I was thinking Mourinho was about to give some technical advise.

I guess when you are firing on all cylinders, there isn't much else to say.
Mourinho will always be Mourinho, man hasn't changed one bit
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

jette1 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:21 am

Leave a Reply

DD didn't dive vs assanal, he was kciked from behind, maybe you need to watch the entire match jette1
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Imagine having to see Abraham jumping around like an oaf in training everyday and then watch Osimhen punish you repeatedly! :rotf: :rotf: Kaii!! I feel sorry for the man sha.. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

That is why I detest the actions of Pinnick. He was so terrible for Nigeria football. Instead of supporting his own young striker, he was running overseas chasing anything foreign which included foreign Nigerian players( Abraham). I have never seen a man who claim to be wealthy and well travelled to be so obsessed with anything foreign
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

highbury wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:12 am That is why I detest the actions of Pinnick. He was so terrible for Nigeria football. Instead of supporting his own young striker, he was running overseas chasing anything foreign which included foreign Nigerian players( Abraham). I have never seen a man who claim to be wealthy and well travelled to be so obsessed with anything foreign
Dude Ship has sailed

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

BP drogba na boi, no player in this world has never dived unless you are not a skilled player. It’s part of the game and diving is instinctual

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

highbury wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:12 am That is why I detest the actions of Pinnick. He was so terrible for Nigeria football. Instead of supporting his own young striker, he was running overseas chasing anything foreign which included foreign Nigerian players( Abraham). I have never seen a man who claim to be wealthy and well travelled to be so obsessed with anything foreign
Nothing wrong with Pinnick trying to go for "foreign" born players of Nigerian heritage (we need to drop this annoying habit of dichotomizing a Nigerian by his place of birth or upbringing), it was HOW he went about it...the fact that our local league and player development programs back home have been bad is a different topic for another thing, but we just have to accept the fact that for now (until he get our acts together), the best players that will don the GWG will most likely always be the players with dual nationalities...Morocco have about the best league in Africa yet depended heavily on their foreign born players during their successful world cup run, the likes of Senegal, Ivory coast, Ghana, Algeria etc are relatively all top African teams that have tapped into the best of their foreign pool of players, so Nigeria's own isn't today's news.

Once again my only grouse with Pinnick was how he made a complete fool of himself with his loquacious attitude devoid of tact and intelligence.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Leave a Reply
My understanding of Mourinho's statement was IF Osimhen goes to the EPL, the racist English Press will be on him especially with regards to diving so he will have to watch that.

CE fans complained also about his diving during the AFCON

Mourinho is a shriner!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:40 am
Dude Ship has sailed
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Since.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

How should Pinnick have supported Osimhen? I'm all for criticising Pinnick but what exactly is the complaint here?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:40 am
How should Pinnick have supported Osimhen? I'm all for criticising Pinnick but what exactly is the complaint here?
The complaint here is we always produce the better raw talented players from Nigeria compared to the failed scouting experiment under peakmeak. Majority of our u17s, u20s etc end up being the best to ever rep Nigeria. OKOCHA. KANU,IKPEBA, Mikel, Etc etc.. the list goes on. This same tammy was chased around by peakmilk...but today we see who currently, is the better 9..go back and scout in Nigeria and give them a chance...instead you now have CE folks getting sucked into the failed and lazy scouting methods of pulling and shouting any UK born player . Today is is Chuba Akpom tomorrow it is Japan. Bottom line no one is saying don't scout UK players , but many aren't good enough for international football. That is why we have zero creativity from midfield, just like the English coached players
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:48 am
The complaint here is we always produce the better raw talented players from Nigeria compared to the failed scouting experiment under peakmeak. Majority of our u17s, u20s etc end up being the best to ever rep Nigeria. OKOCHA. KANU,IKPEBA, Mikel, Etc etc.. the list goes on. This same tammy was chased around by peakmilk...but today we see who ,currently is the better 9..go back and scout in Nigeria and give them a chance...instead you now have CE folks getting sucked into the failed and lazy scouting methods of pulling and shouting any UK born player . Today is is Chuba Akpom tomorrow it is Japan. Bottom line no one is saying don't scout UK players , but many aren't good enough for international football. That is why we have zero creativity from midfield, just like the English coached players
That is correct! You got my message 👏
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Still haven't explained how Pinnick should have supported "his own young striker (Osimhen)"....
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Leave a Reply
Mourinho is one the best when it comes to interviews especially after a defeat.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Leave a Reply
Unfortunately, I disagree with Mourinho until our resident expert, Bushboy, gives his own comments about Osimhen! :lol:
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:34 pm Still haven't explained how Pinnick should have supported "his own young striker (Osimhen)"....
1. Osimhen was injured several times, how many times did Pinnick visit him in the hospital or at home?

2. Osimhen was sick and had issues at Wolfsburg, how many times did Pinnick visit him?

3. Osimhen failed several trials due to sickness, how many times did Pinnick invite him to his home or office in Lagos?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The complaint here is we always produce the better raw talented players from Nigeria compared to the failed scouting experiment under peakmeak. Majority of our u17s, u20s etc end up being the best to ever rep Nigeria. OKOCHA. KANU,IKPEBA, Mikel, Etc etc.. the list goes on. This same tammy was chased around by peakmilk...but today we see who currently, is the better 9..go back and scout in Nigeria and give them a chance...instead you now have CE folks getting sucked into the failed and lazy scouting methods of pulling and shouting any UK born player . Today is is Chuba Akpom tomorrow it is Japan. Bottom line no one is saying don't scout UK players , but many aren't good enough for international football. That is why we have zero creativity from midfield, just like the English coached players
Ok, Osimhen is better than Tammy. We don hear. But which one of the other strikers we have is better than Tammy?

We mustn’t forget that we need to have a strong squad which means having good backups because injuries, suspensions, resting players, subs and poor form.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Can you confidently state that Tammy is better than Sadiq and Moffi? :rotf: :rotf:

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:39 pm
Ok, Osimhen is better than Tammy. We don hear. But which one of the other strikers we have is better than Tammy?

We mustn’t forget that we need to have a strong squad which means having good backups because injuries, suspensions, resting players, subs and poor form.