Victor Osimhen for AFPOY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Victor Osimhen for AFPOY

Post by bret- hart »

Nuff said 8-)
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Victor Osimhen for AFPOY

Post by Tobi17 »

Without a doubt...Mane and Salah have fallen off so it leaves Partey, Hakimi and Mahrez are possible contenders with Osimhen?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:03 am Without a doubt...Mane and Salah have fallen off so it leaves Partey, Hakimi and Mahrez are possible contenders with Osimhen?
The only obstacle is Hakimi. Hopefully PSG chokes in the UCL and Ligue 1. Partey? lol no. Mahrez is a bit part player for Man Shitty. Not APOY worthy. Mane and Salah are washed.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

AFCON was last year, you people should know Mane wins it
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:29 am AFCON was last year, you people should know Mane wins it
AFCON is ancient history and Mane won it based on that. This is for 2023.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:37 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:29 am AFCON was last year, you people should know Mane wins it
2023 is only 28 days old
SuperEagles

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I think at this point APOY is a low bar. Bobo should be aiming higher.

Even the great George Weah didn't finish top scorer of Serie A, and no African ever has. There are a lot of great records to be achieved. Ballon d'or is too early, but he should be aiming for it nonetheless. Aim for the stars, if you fail, you'll land on the moon.

But APOY, that is within his reach. Not saying it is assured, but it is easily within his reach.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:15 am
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:03 am Without a doubt...Mane and Salah have fallen off so it leaves Partey, Hakimi and Mahrez are possible contenders with Osimhen?
The only obstacle is Hakimi. Hopefully PSG chokes in the UCL and Ligue 1. Partey? lol no. Mahrez is a bit part player for Man Shitty. Not APOY worthy. Mane and Salah are washed.
Attackers are always favoured in these awards (I do not like this and strongly fight against it), but it is how it works in football. All we know are goals..and then assists. We act like goalkeepers and defenders don't exist. Even in the world cup, people were talking about Messi Messi Messi, as if he would have won without Martinez.

Players like Buffon, Neur, even as respected as they are in football, I think are still underrated. If they were attackers they would be celebrated even more.

So anyway I digress, given this Bias, even if Hakimi is marginally better, Osimhen will be favoured. Hakimi would have to be significantly better.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

If Arsenal win the PL then Partey definitely will make the list, he has been outstanding for Arsenal in their title run. Fortunately for Osimhen the APOY tends to lean more towards strikers than midfielders.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:49 am
If Arsenal win the PL then Partey definitely will make the list, he has been outstanding for Arsenal in their title run. Fortunately for Osimhen the APOY tends to lean more towards strikers than midfielders.
If Napoli wins the league and have a good run in the CL, then it will be Osimhen's own to lose if he remains healthy!

He is going to win the BEST player in Italy definitely :thumb:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

There’s just something deeply satisfying in seeing Osimhen grow from a tiny seed into full bloom.
Like 2pac once said, “a rose that grew from concrete.

When Osimhen casually smashed the U17 goal scoring record, hitting those ten goals at the 2015 U17 World Cup, we suspected he was something special. But could we dare to dream that he would keep going, accelerate even?
That boy always knew. Nothing would stop him. Nothing.
Ballon d’Or soon in his sights.

God. Yet another young Nigerian painting the world green and white.
‘Awa lo kan’.
God bless him. God bless Naija.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:02 am There’s just something deeply satisfying in seeing Osimhen grow from a tiny seed into full bloom.

When Osimhen casually smashed the U17 goal scoring record, hitting those ten goals at the 2015 U17 World Cup, we suspected he was something special. But could we dare to dream that he would keep going, accelerate even?

‘Awa lo kan’.
Osimhen has what the Spanish call "Grinta", the warrior never-say-never mentality...you could always see this tough minded trait in him right from his U17 days and it wasn't farfetched to see why he has blossomed into the world class player that he is today...
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:02 am There’s just something deeply satisfying in seeing Osimhen grow from a tiny seed into full bloom.

‘Awa lo kan’.
Hypocrite. Smh ...today e shout Osimhen, yesterday uk born players smh
SuperEagles

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:49 am
Partey is the sidekick. Ordegard is the main guy at Arsenal. If Saka agreed to play for Nigeria he would be ahead of Partey as well.

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

if you are going to transition from the street to the agent business you should at least watch ball.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Queen Futcha wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:48 pm
if you are going to transition from the street to the agent business you should at least watch ball.
I heard the US Soccer federation is on its hand and knees mouth wide open (Your favorite position) begging Folarin Balogun to play for usa. A player who is not even good enough to make the Nigerian bench, yet he still would rather play for Nigeria than your trash garbage US team. Ooooooohhhhhhhhh :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Also Also he is better than all the useless american strikers past and present and future combined 000oooohhhhhhh. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

One thing that neeeds to be said.

If you give the EXACT talent to most Nigerians, they will not achieve as much as Osimhen has. This isn't just talent doing what talent has. Some of the goals that Osimhen scores isn't just a guy that is good at what he does, it is the mentality.

I don't care how hard you train or how talented you are, one thing that all elite sports people have in common is their mentality. You see it in all of them. You see it in Djokovic, Kobe, MJ, Nadal, Tiger, Ronaldo, Messi etc.

The mentality is critical. He has a very high level of desire. And that is even LESS common than elite talent. They say you can't teach talent, I am not so sure about that. Anything in football can be taught really, just some things are harder to teach than others, and some things are so poorly abstracted that most people don't know how to teach them. But talent can be cultivated. Of course there is the element that some students will learn things at a FASTER rate, but slower students can still pick it up.

The REAL hardest thing to teach is desire. Talent, talent, talent. Everybody has some sort of talent. Try teaching desire. I don't know where Osimhen gets his desire from....that impresses me to no end. I can put this in footballing terms. The guy is tracking WAYWARD balls. Other strikers will not score some of the goals he latches onto, because they will expect good delivery.

Osimhen is only focussed on opportunity, he isn't concerned with easily discernible patterns. I don't know what fire was lit under him, but whatever it is, he has to maintain it. If I could only ask Osimhen one question, that would be it. I wouldn't even ask him about football. It would just be about desire. Desire gets the best out of talent. A lot of our youngsters were NOT hyped, they were the real deal, but they lacked the desire to activate their talent.

APOY is a low bar for someone with an elite mentality. An elite mentality can capture just about anything. It is too early to say if he has it, because the greatest tell is consistency in maintaining it, but the early signs are there.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:11 am
bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:37 am
2023 is only 28 days old
It's usually for the football calendar, so it'll be for performance from Jul/Aug 2022 to May/June 2023. Mane already won last year based on his AFCON performance. Can't win two AFOTY awards based off of the one same AFCON performance.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

If Oshimen keeps 70% of his current form, I don't see anybody else winning Apoy for a long while. If one comes along it'll be a special special player.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Caf are Francophone biased.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:12 pm
Queen Futcha wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:48 pm
I heard the US Soccer federation is on its hand and knees mouth wide open (Your favorite position) begging Folarin Balogun to play for usa. A player who is not even good enough to make the Nigerian bench, yet he still would rather play for Nigeria than your trash garbage US team. Ooooooohhhhhhhhh :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Also Also he is better than all the useless american strikers past and present and future combined 000oooohhhhhhh. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Please o we need Balogun since we can't decide who is our second striker. I like Moffi but not everyone is sold on him. Na this kind of boastful talk is why we lost Saka (na so they say). Most good teams are 5 deep in attackers.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

‘Awa lo kan’.
Been a fan but when I was totally sold was during this interview the way he was described each of his 10 goals during the U17. The was he remembered every goal and details got me hooked.

"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

imehjunior wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:59 am

‘Awa lo kan’.
Been a fan but when I was totally sold was during this interview the way he was described each of his 10 goals during the U17. The was he remembered every goal and details got me hooked.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: what a very interesting interview.
SuperEagles