Onuachu joins Southampton

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Onuachu joins Southampton

Post by 1naija »

Ok. I didn't see his name on the substitute list shown on TV. I saw him in the hallway clapping for the team as they were walking onto the pitch though..
King Futcha wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:16 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:48 pm Is he injured? He didn’t even make the bench against Spurs.
he is on the bench my good man
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

These English clubs are baffling sometimes. Why spend £20m on a player and bench him for Walcott and Adams when you’re not ready to commit to him on the pitch?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

well the daft coach is getting beat and we can Say at this rate SOU will be playing Championship football. I have no clue how he choses not to even include Aribo or play Onuachu . They look pathetic out there
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:40 pm These English clubs are baffling sometimes. Why spend £20m on a player and bench him for Walcott and Adams when you’re not ready to commit to him on the pitch?
Ever heard of bad investment?
Or maybe the current manager wouldn't have bought him if he was in charge at the time.
Bottom line, if he was setting the training pitch on fire, he wouldn’t be sitting on the bench.
The jury is still out.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Air Onuachu has found his level.

I told you all those goals in Belgium were misleading. He has never played well for SE.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Kai they made 5 subs and he is still on the bench.

Why was this useless player called up ? What a travesty.

The people running our football are so backwards.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:58 pm Air Onuachu has found his level.

I told you all those goals in Belgium were misleading. He has never played well for SE.
When were you telling them this? While I was taking all the abuse for stating the obvious...but lets be fair and give him more time to settle...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I monitored Onuachu's performance after he came on as a sub in that epic 3-3 draw at Arsenal.

Onuachu is best used as a "Plan B" striker who comes on in the last 20-30 minutes of a game when his team is either losing/chasing the game and needs to go "route 1", or his team is defending a narrow lead, is being bombarded with set pieces and long balls, and needs someone good in the air to repel the aerial bombardment.

He is not mobile or fast enough to start games for a team that keeps the ball on the deck.
Last edited by wiseone on Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wiseone wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:10 pm I monitored Onuachu's performance after he came on as a sub in that epic 3-3 draw at Arsenal.

Onuachu is best used as a "Plan B" striker who comes on in the last 20-30 minutes of a game when his team is either chasing the game and needs to go "route 1", or his team is defending a narrow lead, is being bombarded with set pieces and long balls, and needs someone good in the air to repel the aerial bombardment.
He is not mobile or fast enough to start games for a team that keeps the ball on the deck.
So the Big Question is…..how did he manage to keep nacking all those goals in Belgium?
Many would like us to believe that ‘levels’ is really a myth and that there are many SE-ready hidden gems languishing in backwater Europe and the NPFL.
Onuachu is finding it really hard and many of us kind of knew he would.

Bottom line is, if you can’t hack it at top club level, you are not likely to hack it for the SE.
This is 2023, not 1994.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:47 pm
wiseone wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:10 pm I monitored Onuachu's performance after he came on as a sub in that epic 3-3 draw at Arsenal.

Onuachu is best used as a "Plan B" striker who comes on in the last 20-30 minutes of a game when his team is either chasing the game and needs to go "route 1", or his team is defending a narrow lead, is being bombarded with set pieces and long balls, and needs someone good in the air to repel the aerial bombardment.

So the Big Question is…..how did he manage to keep nacking all those goals in Belgium?
Chief Enugu II would like us to believe that ‘levels’ is a myth.
I understand you're trying to reinforce your agenda wrt Onuachu but lets be reasonable here, 3 months is nowhere near enough time to be judging any pro players capabilities
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:14 am

I understand you're trying to reinforce your agenda wrt Onuachu but lets be reasonable here, 3 months is nowhere near enough time to be judging any pro players capabilities
Lets use words responsibly.
‘Agenda’: discuss.
If you are trying to cancel the obvious question, aren’t you the one with the agenda? :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

1) Playing against defences that are not as good as those he encounters in the EPL; and

2) Playing in a league where is a physical giant and rarely encounters defenders who are within 5 inches of his height (as opposed to the EPL with "middle of the road" defenders like Burn and Souttar who are as tall as him); and

3) Playing for a club where he is the star player and his team's style of play is built around feeding him, then joining a club that is bottom of the EPL, which rarely creates chances and spends most of the game defending.
Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:47 pm So the Big Question is…..how did he manage to keep nacking all those goals in Belgium?
Many would like us to believe that ‘levels’ is really a myth and that there are many SE-ready hidden gems languishing in backwater Europe and the NPFL.

Bottom line is, if you can’t hack it at top club level, you are not likely to hack it for the SE.
This is 2023, not 1994.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The crazy thing is when you really watch him, for all his height he’s actually not that good in the air offensively, so the route one play won’t necessarily always work with him up there…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

He is not SE material. PERIOD

We should be looking at Akpom, Orban, and Boniface.

Leave Onuachu to find his feet in the Championship. I dont think he will have it easy there either.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:10 am

The crazy thing is when you really watch him, for all his height he’s actually not that good in the air offensively, so the route one play won’t necessarily always work with him up there…
Osimehn is better in the air than Onuachu, so why would we bring him in to play route 1 ?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wiseone wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:30 am 1) Playing against defences that are not as good as those he encounters in the EPL; and

2) Playing in a league where is a physical giant and rarely encounters defenders who are within 5 inches of his height (as opposed to the EPL with "middle of the road" defenders like Burn and Souttar who are as tall as him); and

3) Playing for a club where he is the star player and his team's style of play is built around feeding him, then joining a club that is bottom of the EPL, which rarely creates chances and spends most of the game defending.
Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:47 pm So the Big Question is…..how did he manage to keep nacking all those goals in Belgium?

This is 2023, not 1994.
These are legitimate answers to legitimate questions but Sunset thinks I have an “agenda” by asking them.
I get it that many believe in him and are hoping to give him time to settle in, but the truth is Southampton need goals to survive and he isn’t even making it off the bench most of the time.
From 30 goals a season neat, to the occasional run around for 30 mins isn’t what Southampton bought him for.
They don’t have that luxury of time.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:20 am
Sunset wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:14 am

Lets use words responsibly.
‘Agenda’: discuss.
If you are trying to cancel the obvious question, aren’t you the one with the agenda? :rotf:
Its not an obvious question but rather a silly question to be asking at this point (3 months in) which is my issue. Of course the Belgian league is weaker than the PL so logically a player is more likely to score more goals there. Too bad football isn't that linear, take Emmanuel Dennis for example who scored 10 goals in his debut PL season something he could never manage in his 4 seasons in Belgium.
Should we also be asking why he wasn't "nacking" a buch of goals during his time in Belgium?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:15 am
wiseone wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:30 am 1) Playing against defences that are not as good as those he encounters in the EPL; and

This is 2023, not 1994.
These are legitimate answers to legitimate questions but Sunset thinks I have an “agenda” by asking them.
I get it that many believe in him and are hoping to give him time to settle in, but the truth is Southampton need goals to survive and he isn’t even making it off the bench most of the time.
From 30 goals a season neat, to the occasional run around for 30 mins isn’t what Southampton bought him for.
we know you do not like onuachu all because he isn't a UK recruit. We know you never ever said a word towards Aribo, who is a UK recruit ,who even wears the number 10 jersey for the SE , but still seats his butt on the bench for the bottom placed team . yeap carry on
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Air Onuachu not even on the bench.

Aribo has taken his place.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

How many games has Onuachu played for Southampton to be labelled a flop ? He joint the club in January he may have started only two league games before the coach that purchased him was sacked.

Nobody is calling Denis a flop or Awoniyi how many goals have they scored this season and they started in August. Vanity has Aribo who was banished to the youth team starting for Nigeria but Onuachu who only jointed Southampton in Jan is not Eagles material.

Doesn’t a player have to play to be judged a flop. No pre season, the team were bottom when he arrived then fired the coach, restricted appearances how does he shine given the circumstances?

Thank God he didn't play against Ghana when we lost the World Cup ticket
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You should know by now that there are player that are fair game for bashing by everyone and some that are off limit.

We all know that Akpeyi, Onuachu, Musa, Shehu, and to some extent Simon Moses are fair game. In fact the more you can bash them, the more popular you will be on CE.

But God forbid you state Awoniyi's statistics.

Flex Swift wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:37 pm How many games has Onuachu played for Southampton to be labelled a flop ? He joint the club in January he may have started only two league games before the coach that purchased him was sacked.

Nobody is calling Denis a flop or Awoniyi how many goals have they scored this season and they started in August. Vanity has Aribo who was banished to the youth team starting for Nigeria but Onuachu who only jointed Southampton in Jan is not Eagles material.

Doesn’t a player have to play to be judged a flop. No pre season, the team were bottom when he arrived then fired the coach, restricted appearances how does he shine given the circumstances?

Thank God he didn't play against Ghana when we lost the World Cup ticket
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:04 pm

This is 2023, not 1994.
we know you do not like onuachu all because he isn't a UK recruit. We know you never ever said a word towards Aribo, who is a UK recruit ,who even wears the number 10 jersey for the SE , but still seats his butt on the bench for the bottom placed team . yeap carry on
Your juvenile thinking still never mature.
No wonder you’re stuck behind a computer screen watching YouTube soccer all day every day.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:39 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:04 pm

This is 2023, not 1994.
Your juvenile thinking still never mature.
No wonder you’re stuck behind a computer screen watching YouTube soccer all day every day.
There is nothing wrong in watching youtube. I will keep on watching it , it is free. However try as much as possible to stop displaying double standard . As i said your bias for anything foreign get as e be
SuperEagles