Onuachu joins Southampton

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Onuachu joins Southampton

Post by 1naija »

How am I unfair. I would be unfair if he was scoring and I still rated another striker above him because of one flaw or another. Dude needs to score. He is a striker. It's not unfair to expect a striker to score goals. If anything, it's unfair to him to make excuses for him, game after game, call up after call up. This is the only site that make excuses for such player.
BAP wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:09 am
1naija wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:31 pm Osimhem is already a starter for the SE and has proven himself as such. If you want list top 2 strikers for the SE today, Osimhen will be the first on your list because you know he has proven himself. At the time in question, Awoniyi was trying to win the last striker spot on the team. His competition for the spot at the time were Sadiq, Onuachu, Dessers, Dennis, Moffi, and Olayinka. He could not afford to go 300 minutes without scoring, and that's exactly why he didn't get subsequent invitations. You can't be striker and not score goals.
BAP wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:37 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:56 pm Both of them have been poor as strikers in the EPL, and Awoniyi has been ever poorer for Nigeria with one accidental goal in over 300 minutes as a Super Eagles. There is no agenda in stating what's obvious. Its denying or making excuses for the obious for one player and calling out another player in the same boat that we have to ask why for.

Having an agenda would be saying Moffi or Osimhen has been horrible despite their statistics that says otherwise..
Ahem Guy .. in Osimhens last 300 minutes in an eagles shirt how many goals has he scored from open play ?

And please dont count Sao Tome and Principe .. Even Okrika Grammar School , your secondary school team would probably beat those guys

Point is Big and Tall Strikers of the Onuachu and Awoniyi Mold are only as good as the service they receive from their teammates so its unfair to write them off yet.

OTOH strikers like Moffi , Odemwingie, Ikpeba are not purchased for their size but for their versatility as in you could stick them on the wings as well as the center or anywhere because they are more reliant on pace and wizardry

Long and short of it these clubs knew what they were buying and their failure to produce is almost entirely due to poor quality service IMHO
Osimhen has had plenty of opportunities to prove himself the other two havent been afforded that luxury and Onuachu has had a few moments of brilliance to be frank

Long and short of it if the system was built around them and others played to their strengths they would prove themselves quite capable.

Dont get me wrong I belive Osimhen is by far our best striker since he is a mixture of The traditional big tall number nine blended with the versatility and work rate of smaller strikers . Nonetheless methinks you are being unfair to the other two
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

1naija wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:21 am How am I unfair. I would be unfair if he was scoring and I still rated another striker above him because of one flaw or another. Dude needs to score. He is a striker. It's not unfair to expect a striker to score goals. If anything, it's unfair to him to make excuses for him, game after game, call up after call up. This is the only site that make excuses for such player.
BAP wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:09 am
1naija wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:31 pm Osimhem is already a starter for the SE and has proven himself as such. If you want list top 2 strikers for the SE today, Osimhen will be the first on your list because you know he has proven himself. At the time in question, Awoniyi was trying to win the last striker spot on the team. His competition for the spot at the time were Sadiq, Onuachu, Dessers, Dennis, Moffi, and Olayinka. He could not afford to go 300 minutes without scoring, and that's exactly why he didn't get subsequent invitations. You can't be striker and not score goals.
BAP wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:37 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:56 pm Both of them have been poor as strikers in the EPL, and Awoniyi has been ever poorer for Nigeria with one accidental goal in over 300 minutes as a Super Eagles. There is no agenda in stating what's obvious. Its denying or making excuses for the obious for one player and calling out another player in the same boat that we have to ask why for.

Having an agenda would be saying Moffi or Osimhen has been horrible despite their statistics that says otherwise..
Ahem Guy .. in Osimhens last 300 minutes in an eagles shirt how many goals has he scored from open play ?

And please dont count Sao Tome and Principe .. Even Okrika Grammar School , your secondary school team would probably beat those guys

Point is Big and Tall Strikers of the Onuachu and Awoniyi Mold are only as good as the service they receive from their teammates so its unfair to write them off yet.

OTOH strikers like Moffi , Odemwingie, Ikpeba are not purchased for their size but for their versatility as in you could stick them on the wings as well as the center or anywhere because they are more reliant on pace and wizardry

Long and short of it these clubs knew what they were buying and their failure to produce is almost entirely due to poor quality service IMHO
Osimhen has had plenty of opportunities to prove himself the other two havent been afforded that luxury and Onuachu has had a few moments of brilliance to be frank

Long and short of it if the system was built around them and others played to their strengths they would prove themselves quite capable.

Dont get me wrong I belive Osimhen is by far our best striker since he is a mixture of The traditional big tall number nine blended with the versatility and work rate of smaller strikers . Nonetheless methinks you are being unfair to the other two
I guess you have forgotten that both those gentlemen were pumping in goals season after season for their previous clubs. So their ability to pump in goals within the right setup is ABSOULTELY not in doubt .

And please dont give me the Belgium is a weak league argument . Awoniyi was doing if in the Bundesliga despite playing for a Jedi Jedi team nonetheless.

Long and short of it Strikers are only as good as the QOS they receive. Teammates and Coaches do matter.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So what are you saying? That we should now rate them for this season based on their past seasons performances? Btw, Awoniyi pumped in 15 goals last season and 5 goals the season before that. Which season should we rate him on since we are now using past club performance to rate them.

And for the record, my reference to over 300 minutes played was for his appearances for the Super Eagles when he was "pumping in goals" at Union Berlin.
BAP wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:50 pm

I guess you have forgotten that both those gentlemen were pumping in goals season after season for their previous clubs. So their ability to pump in goals within the right setup is ABSOULTELY not in doubt .

And please dont give me the Belgium is a weak league argument . Awoniyi was doing if in the Bundesliga despite playing for a Jedi Jedi team nonetheless.

Long and short of it Strikers are only as good as the QOS they receive. Teammates and Coaches do matter.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

What’s happening to Onuachu?
Anybody know?
He wasn’t even on the Southampton bench yesterday in their season opener vs Sheffield Wednesday….
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:30 am What’s happening to Onuachu?
Anybody know?
He wasn’t even on the Southampton bench yesterday in their season opener vs Sheffield Wednesday….
He is probably looking to transfer back to Genk
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Anybody know?
It was always a bad career move. The guy’s style wasn’t a good fit for the EPL. But it’s understandable why he accepted the move. Better pay and more exposure.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Anybody know?
...no be una ala some for this CE dey say the guy dey for small club, small league therefore doesn't merit call up to SE :biggrin: