Chuba Akpom

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chuba Akpom

Post by maceo4 »

theDunamis wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:03 am
maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:46 amHow many has Akpom scored in EPL? Don’t sneeze at 17 EPL goals just because of championship goals.

That is such a non sequitur. If you actually follow the conversation, it would be obvious I am NOT sneezing at anything but stating the rationale behind a tweet that packerland questioned. Reading and comprehension is critical in a forum buddy. :)
I get it, but this Akpom talk because of Championship goals is rather annoying to me I won’t lie lol. I saw him playing in Greece and he wasn’t anything to write home about if we are being honest. I doubt he’s transformed overnight into a NT caliber player. But he probably deserves a chance to prove himself. But I would prefer an Okereke over him…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:12 amI get it, but this Akpom talk because of Championship goals is rather annoying to me I won’t lie lol. I saw him playing in Greece and he wasn’t anything to write home about if we are being honest. I doubt he’s transformed overnight into a NT caliber player. But he probably deserves a chance to prove himself. But I would prefer an Okereke over him…

If you check out my posts here over the years, I never mount or join a campaign for this or that player to get a callup to the NT. I believe that at the end of the day, the coach who is baking the cake knows best and decides (should decide anyway) which ingredients he requires and how he wants to blend and bake these.

My input in this thread was and is to recognize and cheer on a player of Nigerian origin who is having an amazing season. If you, and others so inclined, wish to argue about whether or not the Nigerian chef should add Chuba as an ingredient to the Nigerian soccer cake, that is up to y'all and to the chef if he decides to listen to y'all.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:52 am Not saying he should play as an AM for the SE, however, this article does say he's used as an AM at times:

https://breakingthelines.com/player-ana ... -teesside/
Thanks for this. Great article.
I lifted this from there, which helps clarify some things, at least for me. :thumb:
We can see a demonstration from this game of Akpom’s place within Boro’s front five. As shown by the below average position graphic, he (number 29) occupies the right half-space consistently. When compared with his accompanying season heatmap, we can see that he only really breaks from this channel in order to get into the box and finish off moves. A lot of his work is done dropping into midfield to assist with progression, crucial to a system such as this, as members of the five must rotate and move in order to avoid isolation and keep passing lanes open.

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

theDunamis wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:33 am
maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:12 amI get it, but this Akpom talk because of Championship goals is rather annoying to me I won’t lie lol. I saw him playing in Greece and he wasn’t anything to write home about if we are being honest. I doubt he’s transformed overnight into a NT caliber player. But he probably deserves a chance to prove himself. But I would prefer an Okereke over him…

If you check out my posts here over the years, I never mount or join a campaign for this or that player to get a callup to the NT. I believe that at the end of the day, the coach who is baking the cake knows best and decides (should decide anyway) which ingredients he requires and how he wants to blend and bake these.

My input in this thread was and is to recognize and cheer on a player of Nigerian origin who is having an amazing season. If you, and others so inclined, wish to argue about whether or not the Nigerian chef should add Chuba as an ingredient to the Nigerian soccer cake, that is up to y'all and to the chef if he decides to listen to y'all.
That’s what an SE forum is about now, discussing naija players and which would best fit the SE…na normal tinz sha…Chef go get all the blame if this Akpom soup no come sweet o 😝
Super Eagus 4 Life!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:02 pmThat’s what an SE forum is about now, discussing naija players and which would best fit the SE…na normal tinz sha…Chef go get all the blame if this Akpom soup no come sweet o 😝

Very true on that last sentence. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Chuba with another fantastic game and goal today, the boy is ready
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:38 am Chuba with another fantastic game and goal today, the boy is ready
Wow…Agent extraordinaire Tobi don hammer. That’s a classy touch by Akpom. The guy don old but what position does he actually play? As a striker he has little chance withSE but if he can play AM, you have hammered ridiculously.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:07 am
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:38 am Chuba with another fantastic game and goal today, the boy is ready
Wow…Agent extraordinaire Tobi don hammer. That’s a classy touch by Akpom. The guy don old but what position does he actually play? As a striker he has little chance withSE but if he can play AM, you have hammered ridiculously.
My client plays as an AM for Middlesbrough, and 27 isn't old for a creative forward who won't have to be overburdened with scoring goals, we have Osimhen for that role already, all Akpom has to do use his creativity as a nuisance for defenses.

My attacking force depending on which formation we play will be:

Lookman Osimhen. Yira Sor

Akpom/Iheanacho (either can play in the false 9 creative forward role) :thumbs:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:35 am
My client plays as an AM for Middlesbrough, and 27 isn't old for a creative forward who won't have to be overburdened with scoring goals, we have Osimhen for that role already, all Akpom has to do use his creativity as a nuisance for defenses.

Can we stop with the Nacho insults? Stop mentioning Akpom in the same breadth as Iheanacho. Show some respect❗️

Cheers.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:56 am

Can we stop with the Nacho insults? Stop mentioning Akpom in the same breadth as Iheanacho. Show some respect❗️

Cheers.
Nonsense, is Iheanacho the second coming of prime Ronaldo that he can't be placed on the same pedestal as a player doing well at his club? See me see trouble oo
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:36 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:56 am

Cheers.
Nonsense, is Iheanacho the second coming of prime Ronaldo that he can't be placed on the same pedestal as a player doing well at his club? See me see trouble oo
How many assists does Akpom have this season?
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Akpom playing style is actually similar to Nacho.

I dont see him as an AM.

But he seems a very cool finisher in the mold of Iheanacho.

Definately better than Awoniyi or Onuachu.

He might be the 2nd best pure finisher of all our strikers behind Nacho man.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:39 am Akpom playing style is actually similar to Nacho.

I dont see him as an AM.

The big difference is that Iheanacho has demonstrated his capabilities in a top tier league. Akpom has yet to do the same. The defenders Akpom faces in the championship are a tad slower, a little less athletic and not quite as strong as premiership defenders. He needs to prove that he can take that next step up❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:53 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:39 am Akpom playing style is actually similar to Nacho.

I dont see him as an AM.

The big difference is that Iheanacho has demonstrated his capabilities in a top tier league. Akpom has yet to do the same. The defenders Akpom faces in the championship are a tad slower, a little less athletic and not quite as strong as premiership defenders. He needs to prove that he can take that next step up❗️

Cheers.
Why can’t we cap him now and worry about if he pans out later? England are doing the same with the likes of Abraham and Tomori, I don’t see why we can’t do the same.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So Akpom only has 1 assist all season...wow
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:47 am So Akpom only has 1 assist all season...wow
Stop the clowning, you're getting too old for this already
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:04 pm

I dont see him as an AM.

Cheers.
Why can’t we cap him now and worry about if he pans out later? England are doing the same with the likes of Abraham and Tomori, I don’t see why we can’t do the same.
Theres no time pressure with Akpom.
Nobody is dragging him with us.
Moreover, his dept isn’t really where we have problems.
Is he a striker or an AM sef?
That’s also an issue.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:44 am

I dont see him as an AM.

Cheers.
That’s also an issue.
That might be true but you never know. All Southgate has to do is play him in some useless qualifier against North Macedonia or Malta and you can close the book on him.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:44 am

I dont see him as an AM.

Cheers.
That’s also an issue.
Damunk,

Why don't you do your own research on what position Chuba Akpom has consistently played under Michael Carrick? I've already sounded it out that Chuba plays as a #10 for Middlesbrough, he's doesn't play as an out-and-out #9 like Osimhen etc, the current national team lacks a capable #10 asides from Iwobi, so what's the harm is trying out Chuba in that creative role and see what he can produce...if he can't deliver then we where we stand.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Another game, another two goals for Chuba.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:53 pm Another game, another two goals for Chuba.
Nothing more to say, only a troll will say Chuba doesn't deserve a national team call up at this point.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:07 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:53 pm Another game, another two goals for Chuba.
Nothing more to say, only a troll will say Chuba doesn't deserve a national team call up at this point.
He definitely should get a chance…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

levels
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved