Chuba Akpom

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Chuba Akpom

Post by Tobi17 »

Scored a brace today, he's currently the highest goal scorer in the championship with 16 goals.

Here's one of his wonderfully taken goals that is trending

I now see why Peseiro rates the guy, Chuba will fit perfectly into his system.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chuba Akpom

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:30 pm Scored a brace today, he's currently the highest goal scorer in the championship with 16 goals.

At what position ?

And for heavens sake Peseiro needs to stop this 442 that has 4 straight friendly losses.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:34 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:30 pm Scored a brace today, he's currently the highest goal scorer in the championship with 16 goals.

At what position ?

And for heavens sake Peseiro needs to stop this 442 that has 4 straight friendly losses.
He plays as a CAM (#10) primarily behind the main strikers. So in Peseiros preferred system, Akpom behind Osimhen and Moffi in a funnel shaped attack will tear any defence to shreds, just too much creativity, power and pace in those attacking trio...gives Iwobi the luxury to sit back in midfield and orchestrate things from deep.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Josh Maja is also destroying the French league 2 with goals for promotion chasing Bordeaux.
I am happy
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:18 am

At what position ?

He plays as a CAM (#10) primarily behind the main strikers. So in Peseiros preferred system, Akpom behind Osimhen and Moffi in a funnel shaped attack will tear any defence to shreds, just too much creativity, power and pace in those attacking trio...gives Iwobi the luxury to sit back in midfield and orchestrate things from deep.
Without chemistry between the three, they ain’t tearing up sh*t. Some of y’all think football is plug and play.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

packerland wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:39 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:18 am

At what position ?

Without chemistry between the three, they ain’t tearing up sh*t. Some of y’all think football is plug and play.
Well that's the point of hopefully playing all 3 together (to forge the chemistry). We've seen how your chemistry theory has worked out so far with the likes of Musa, Simon Moses etc whom we've played together for almost decades with absolutely minimal to no success. Modern football is all about dynamism and taking chances, that's why Man UTD went from a club of deadweights that made the club waste away in mid table just a season ago to a club in the top 3 of the premier league now challenging for champions league...cause they got in a visionary coach who injected a new playing style, new players and immediately created a winning environment...once again DYNAMISM.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

So Akpom isn’t a traditional 9?
If he’s an AM and scoring all those goals, he’s worth a shout.
We need midfielders right now.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:57 am So Akpom isn’t a traditional 9?
Exactly my point.

I think he has played as a tradition 9 for most of his career, but under Michael Carrick's system in Middlesbrough, he has played mostly as a No 10 and has been unplayable in that role. I watched one of his interviews which he did recently in which he confirmed that he always preferred playing in a more advanced midfield role since his days at Arsenal.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:01 am
Exactly my point.

I think he has played as a tradition 9 for most of his career, but under Michael Carrick's system in Middlesbrough, he has played mostly as a No 10 and has been unplayable in that role. I watched one of his interviews which he did recently in which he confirmed that he always preferred playing in a more advanced midfield role since his days at Arsenal.
Interesting, because most of his goals come from inside the box and when he is the most advanced player. So without actually watching him in full games it’s hard to see how he’s an AM.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:07 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:01 am
Exactly my point.

Interesting, because most of his goals come from inside the box and when he is the most advanced player. So without actually watching him in full games it’s hard to see how he’s an AM.
Michael Carrick plays a 4231 formation, Chuba plays in a support role ( and most times as an attacking mid) behind Archer who's their primary #9...so yeah in such formation he's expected to be closer to goal, which explains why most of his goals have come from inside the box.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

theDunamis wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:33 pm
Oh wow! That means that neither Yakubu or Mark Viduka scored 20 goals for Middlesbrough. I would’ve thought Wi-Fi and DVD players were around when those two played for Middlesbrough.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

packerland wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:28 pmOh wow! That means that neither Yakubu or Mark Viduka scored 20 goals for Middlesbrough. I would’ve thought Wi-Fi and DVD players were around when those two played for Middlesbrough.

Neither Yakubu nor Viduka came anywhere near that figure -- even if one is generous and counts their other non-league goals for Middlesbrough within the season.

Below is an old article that discusses the feat of the Middlesbrough player with this record.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/obit ... 04387.html
Fabrizio Ravanelli, Alen Boksic and Ayegbeni Yakubu are just three of the vaunted international marksmen who have attempted to emulate him in the modern era, but Alex McCrae, who touched his footballing pomp midway through the 20th century, remains the last man to score 20 League goals for Middlesbrough in a top-flight season.

In fact, the slim, elegant Scot hit the target 21 times in 1950-51, when the Teessiders finished sixth in the old First Division table and his lethal link with the sumptuously talented England inside-forward Wilf Mannion constituted one of the most inventive attacking combinations in the land.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

He is a traditional 9 like Osimhen
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

championship....smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

theDunamis wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:44 pm
packerland wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:28 pmOh wow! That means that neither Yakubu or Mark Viduka scored 20 goals for Middlesbrough. I would’ve thought Wi-Fi and DVD players were around when those two played for Middlesbrough.

Neither Yakubu nor Viduka came anywhere near that figure -- even if one is generous and counts their other non-league goals for Middlesbrough within the season.

Below is an old article that discusses the feat of the Middlesbrough player with this record.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/obit ... 04387.html
Fabrizio Ravanelli, Alen Boksic and Ayegbeni Yakubu are just three of the vaunted international marksmen who have attempted to emulate him in the modern era, but Alex McCrae, who touched his footballing pomp midway through the 20th century, remains the last man to score 20 League goals for Middlesbrough in a top-flight season.

In fact, the slim, elegant Scot hit the target 21 times in 1950-51, when the Teessiders finished sixth in the old First Division table and his lethal link with the sumptuously talented England inside-forward Wilf Mannion constituted one of the most inventive attacking combinations in the land.
You are right. Yakubu did his damages at Everton, Blackburn & Portsmouth.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

gochino wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:27 pm
He is a traditional 9 like Osimhen

I dont get this narrative that Akpom is a AM. Dude is a striker. Treat him as such and callup actual midfielders. This is why the SEs has been poor. Because we dont callup actual Mids.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

packerland wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:30 pmYou are right. Yakubu did his damages at Everton, Blackburn & Portsmouth.

Even with those clubs, his record for goals in an English league season was 17 EPL goals with Blackburn.

And his record in any league was 19 with Maccabi Haifa in the Israeli Premier League.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

theDunamis wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:47 pm
packerland wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:30 pmYou are right. Yakubu did his damages at Everton, Blackburn & Portsmouth.

Even with those clubs, his record for goals in an English league season was 17 EPL goals with Blackburn.

And his record in any league was 19 with Maccabi Haifa in the Israeli Premier League.
How many has Akpom scored in EPL? Don’t sneeze at 17 EPL goals just because of championship goals.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:46 am
theDunamis wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:47 pm

How many has Akpom scored in EPL? Don’t sneeze at 17 EPL goals just because of championship goals.
Smh
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:46 amHow many has Akpom scored in EPL? Don’t sneeze at 17 EPL goals just because of championship goals.

That is such a non sequitur. If you actually follow the conversation, it would be obvious I am NOT sneezing at anything but stating the rationale behind a tweet that packerland questioned. Reading and comprehension is critical in a forum buddy. :)
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I would invite him to the SE. Especially with Sadiq and Awoniyi injured and Iheanacho getting limited playing time.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not saying he should play as an AM for the SE, however, this article does say he's used as an AM at times:

https://breakingthelines.com/player-ana ... -teesside/