Noni Madueke Chelsea debut

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Noni Madueke Chelsea debut

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Our case is that of a millionaire who can’t get enough good food to eat because nobody will sell it to him. We have top players but can’t seem to convince them to join us. Is this kid waiting for England too? Chukwemeka, Maudueke,Ugochuukwu, Eze and Udogie. That’s 5 top quality MFs we could have but they don’t want us. We’ve been suffering in MF for so long that we’re used to it but it’s not normal. Imagine where our team will be if just 3 of these boys join us this yr. Instead na Adabioyo and Akpom wan join after reality don set in for England. Kai….this life ain’t fair. :boo:
[media] [/media]
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Noni Madueke Chelsea debuy

Post by Damunk »

Don’t worry.
We have Akinsanmiro to ourselves. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:36 am Don’t worry.
We have who we develop, we would be fortunate to pick up useful players that other countries developed. We aren’t entitled to them in any way, let’s develop our own abeg not just hoping that the ones that developed them have no use for them…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Yeah time to look at our youth teams and academies and develop our talents, I'm tired of these guys using Nigeria as second to third options when they are mostly past it already (not that I blame them anyway).
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:54 am
Yeah time to look at our youth teams and academies and develop our talents, I'm tired of these guys using Nigeria as second to third options when they are mostly past it already (not that I blame them anyway).
Are U not tired of falling short ? We have Madueke, Eze, Chukwuemeka and Leslie, all of whom can play in MF at the highest level but we continue to suffer in MF. Maybe 1 or 2 of them will get a EngLand call in the future but most will not.They will waste away waiting for England to call them while we languish in mediocrity. Imagine a Ndidi/Leslie/chukwemeka MF or a Leslie/Eze/chukwemeka MF. Not even talking about Udogie at LB or LWB.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Our country as it is now lacks the attractive juices to make these young ones want to die to join us. The same things bugging us down as a nation is responsible for these young foreign player thinking more than twice before joining us. My father says: No man runs away from good. I am praying that we set our country right in all ways as soon as possible.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Igugu wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:57 am
Our country as it is now lacks the attractive juices to make these young ones want to die to join us. The same things bugging us down as a nation is responsible for these young foreign player thinking more than twice before joining us. My father says: No man runs away from good. I am praying that we set our country right in all ways as soon as possible.
Bruh, they are NOT ours! We didn’t develop them and haven’t really made any pertinent contribution to their careers up until this point. Go and read the thread where mate detailed how Croatia attracts their foreign born players by first at least sowing into their career to help persuade them. He mentioned how their FA has helped some of these foreign born players get into top academies at a young age etc…Can we say we’ve done much of any of that with these players to show how much we are willing to invest in them and care about them from a young age. It’s not simply about being ‘attractive’ but on an individual basis for each of these human beings who will likely take care of them and their precious career better? Can you say Nigeria and NFF with a straight face? I mean let’s be real…

We play no part in their development but then expect that when they start getting success in their career that they would be jumping for joy to leave the country that has taken care of them and suit up for us. It’s a very entitled mentality.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:53 am
Bruh, they are NOT ours! We didn’t develop them and haven’t really made any pertinent contribution to their careers up until this point. Go and read the thread where mate detailed how Croatia attracts their foreign born players by first at least sowing into their career to help persuade them. He mentioned how their FA has helped some of these foreign born players get into top academies at a young age etc…Can we say we’ve done much of any of that with these players to show how much we are willing to invest in them and care about them from a young age. It’s not simply about being ‘attractive’ but on an individual basis for each of these human beings who will likely take care of them and their precious career better? Can you say Nigeria and NFF with a straight face? I mean let’s be real…

We play no part in their development but then expect that when they start getting success in their career that they would be jumping for joy to leave the country that has taken care of them and suit up for us. It’s a very entitled mentality.
This is still a sentimental argument but for most of these guys, it’s strictly business.
The Croatian example is brilliant but how many countries actually do that? It hasn’t stopped other countries ‘recruiting’.
I know you Americans view things from an American perspective, which is understandable, but here, ‘love’ for Britain or England amongst black kids just isn’t like that and never really has been.
It’s never been ‘cool’ to wrap the Union Jack around you as a black kid, or even man. It’s even more so now that Africa is on the rise.
Please just try and understand this. Those of us here have tried to explain it but e nor dey enter.

Those that are pragmatic enough to know the chances of making England are slim will look for better career options and Naija is one of them. But they are young and believe they can conquer the world. We all know that only a tiny fraction of them will make England but they can’t see it. By the time they do, Naija might have moved on.

It’s a career decision they are making. Just like me and many here decided to carry ourselves and ‘serve’ American or British society with our training, no shaking. It didn’t indicate a preference for Britain, not for many of us anyway.

It’s what we did for our careers. If Naija had promised us a route to achieve our goals, many of us wouldn’t even be here in this stupid cold. :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:44 am

This is still a sentimental argument and for most of these guys, it’s strictly business.
Those that are pragmatic enough to know the chances of making England are slim will look for better career options and Naija is one of them.
For some, it’s the only one.
Most of them know the chances are slim for the NT but they still hold out till the chance is basically zero before they would consider switching esp if they are at least part of age grade NT. Eze pretty much said so on that Onuohas podcast, we reached out to him when his chances were slim he trained with us while in the Championship but still didn’t want to shut the door on his first choice. He will wait till he’s absolutely sure he won’t get a cap before switching, usually after they fail to graduate from the youth setup (~25+). I don’t blame these guys sha…and we are not entitled to get them…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:02 am

This is still a sentimental argument and for most of these guys, it’s strictly business.
Those that are pragmatic enough to know the chances of making England are slim will look for better career options and Naija is one of them.
Most of them know the chances are slim for the NT but they still hold out till the chance is basically zero before they would consider switching esp if they are at least part of age grade NT. Eze pretty much said so on that Onuohas podcast, we reached out to him when his chances were slim he trained with us while in the Championship but still didn’t want to shut the door on his first choice. He will wait till he’s absolutely sure he won’t get a cap before switching, usually after they fail to graduate from the youth setup (~25+). I don’t blame these guys sha…and we are not entitled to get them…
I hear you.
I was editing my entry when you responded, so some of what you say might have been addressed already.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Noni Madueke Chelsea debut

Post by Dammy »

Lesley Ugochukwu is one that baffles me. His Uncle, Apam Onyekachi, was a Nigerian international.
I am not aware if the NFF have sounded out Apam about his nephew's availability. That should be the first step but all I hear about is newspaper speculation.
I doubt if Nigeria has even approached him just like Madueke said recently that he has not had any approach from Nigeria.
It's only Eze and Olise that I know we have spoken to.
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:21 am Lesley Ugochukwu is one that baffles me. His Uncle, Apam Onyekachi, was a Nigerian international.
I am not aware if the NFF have sounded out Apam about his nephew's availability. That should be the first step but all I hear about is newspaper speculation.
I doubt if Nigeria has even approached him just like Madueke said recently that he has not had any approach from Nigeria.
is it that the NFF don't have a scouting team that are aware of these guys and monitor them? I mean in this digital age even a caveman should have some amount of database access to the internet at the very least right?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

My Croatian friend said the same.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

But most of them are literally fighting for the same position. It doesn’t make any sense for them to wait until they’re 25yrs to get 2 caps and get dumped. Look at Tomori, there’s a really good chance he’ll never go to a WC.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:27 am
Dammy wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:21 am Lesley Ugochukwu is one that baffles me. His Uncle, Apam Onyekachi, was a Nigerian international.
is it that the NFF don't have a scouting team that are aware of these guys and monitor them? I mean in this digital age even a caveman should have some amount of database access to the internet at the very least right?
But when Adelakun was using the internet databases to 'scout' Nigerian players globally on behalf of Rohr and the NFF, it was ridiculed right here on CE.
Abi you don forget? :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:11 pm

But most of them are literally fighting for the same position. It doesn’t make any sense for them to wait until they’re 25yrs to get 2 caps and get dumped. Look at Tomori, there’s a really good chance he’ll never go to a WC.
Over time, they will learn and the penny will drop one day - usually too late.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

A few yrs ago we were begging Jordan Torunarigha to play for SE. He was a young up and coming defender with a lot of upside playing in the Bundesliga. His father was an ex Nigerian international and it all seemed it would work out but he turned us down. Today, he’s playing in Belgium , was never called by Germany , his international career is over unless Nigeria calls him.
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:01 pm A few yrs ago we were begging Jordan Torunarigha to play for SE. He was a young up and coming defender with a lot of upside playing in the Bundesliga. His father was an ex Nigerian international and it all seemed it would work out but he turned us down. Today, he’s playing in Belgium , was never called by Germany , his international career is over unless Nigeria calls him.
You are assuming that your view of the world is his; he is probably equally satisfied with his life and inadvertently don't related to the alternatives you are floating here.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

jette1 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:29 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:01 pm A few yrs ago we were begging Jordan Torunarigha to play for SE. He was a young up and coming defender with a lot of upside playing in the Bundesliga. His father was an ex Nigerian international and it all seemed it would work out but he turned us down. Today, he’s playing in Belgium , was never called by Germany , his international career is over unless Nigeria calls him.
You are assuming that your view of the world is his; he is probably equally satisfied with his life and inadvertently don't related to the alternatives you are floating here.

Good point. I’m assuming he’s ambitious and hungry for success but not every player is has a high drive for winning the WC or Afcon. Ultimately, history will judge him as a meh type player who played football and some point in his life. If he had joined SE he likely would’ve gone to the 2018 WC and won Afcon Bronze. But no, he went from Bundesliga to Belgium. Imagine Simon,Chukwueze, Musa , Nacho or any of the players we berate regularly moving to Belgium.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Don't get me wrong, I'll NEVER hold it against these dual kids in choosing to represent the nations that birthed them and gave them the fundamental/advanced tools from a young age into becoming better footballers, and i hope nobody holds it against them...what I have a problem with is when they use Nigeria as a launching pad to get the attention of the countries they are desperate to represent- kind of the stunt Tammy Abraham pulled by declaring his interest in playing for Nigeria when he was in hot form, just to get England's attention...it worked and hastened Englands move in capping him (ably enabled by Pinnicks brainless gaffes nonetheless), but England were always going to acknowledge his impressive form at the time and still cap-tie him regardless. Today Abraham is down the pecking order for England and won't even be a favored starter for them if he ever gets called up for any tournament.

That's why someone close to these kids should tell them the truth, unless you're a Bukayo Saka, Karim Adeyemi, Musiala, Noah Okafor etc with exceptional talent, England or whichever first choice nation you pick will dump your #$% like a playboy who bagged another hot chick if you're not world class level. See how the likes of Jordan Torunarigha etc are fast fading away in the doldrums of international football wilderness, when they could have stood a chance of winning AFCON titles for Nigeria and qualifying for world cups smh
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:44 am Don't get me wrong, I'll NEVER hold it against these dual kids in choosing to represent the nations that birthed them and gave them the fundamental/advanced tools from a young age into becoming better footballers, and i hope nobody holds it against them...what I have a problem with is when they use Nigeria as a launching pad to get the attention of the countries they are desperate to represent- kind of the stunt Tammy Abraham pulled by declaring his interest in playing for Nigeria when he was in hot form, just to get England's attention...it worked and hastened Englands move in capping him (ably enabled by Pinnicks brainless gaffes nonetheless), but England were always going to acknowledge his impressive form at the time and still cap-tie him regardless. Today Abraham is down the pecking order for England and won't even be a favored starter for them if he ever gets called up for any tournament.

That's why someone close to these kids should tell them the truth, unless you're a Bukayo Saka, Karim Adeyemi, Musiala, Noah Okafor etc with exceptional talent, England or whichever first choice nation you pick will dump your #$% like a playboy who bagged another hot chick if you're not world class level. See how the likes of Jordan Torunarigha etc are fast fading away in the doldrums of international football wilderness, when they could have stood a chance of winning AFCON titles for Nigeria and qualifying for world cups smh
But they all initially think they are a Saka, Adeyemi etc until the game shows them otherwise…there’s always hope that they are just one season away, one break away etc…until it’s painfully obvious would any of them make a u-turn…for the likes of Ekong, Balogun, Okoye etc it was painfully obvious early enough that it wasn’t even really a choice. But that’s the lower rungs of talent that we really should be past as a NT.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:03 am
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:44 am Don't get me wrong, I'll NEVER hold it against these dual kids in choosing to represent the nations that birthed them and gave them the fundamental/advanced tools from a young age into becoming better footballers, and i hope nobody holds it against them...what I have a problem with is when they use Nigeria as a launching pad to get the attention of the countries they are desperate to represent- kind of the stunt Tammy Abraham pulled by declaring his interest in playing for Nigeria when he was in hot form, just to get England's attention...it worked and hastened Englands move in capping him (ably enabled by Pinnicks brainless gaffes nonetheless), but England were always going to acknowledge his impressive form at the time and still cap-tie him regardless. Today Abraham is down the pecking order for England and won't even be a favored starter for them if he ever gets called up for any tournament.

But they all initially think they are a Saka, Adeyemi etc until the game shows them otherwise…there’s always hope that they are just one season away, one break away etc…until it’s painfully obvious would any of them make a u-turn…for the likes of Ekong, Balogun, Okoye etc it was painfully obvious early enough that it wasn’t even really a choice. But that’s the lower rungs of talent that we really should be past as a NT.
Some of these players are as talented as those ahead of them in the pecking order but the odds are against them for many reasons I.e. age, the likes of Bellingham, Rice, Saka, Mount, Gallagher, Sancho etc are still very young and have many years of international football ahead of them. Are they willing to wait for the odd cap when these players are unavailable.
I hope we can still get Eze, he showed interest by coming to the SE camp in London and visiting Pinnick in his London home but as usual Pinnick just used the visit as a photo op, instead of selling the SE to the player.
I am happy