Osimhen is a more complete player than Haaland

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Osimhen is a more complete player than Haaland

Post by Scipio Africanus »

If anyone in the NFF had any brains, we would be in the running to win several AFCONs and a WC with this special player. Watch him break the Premier League transfer record.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/artic ... title.html

Victor Osimhen - the world's best No 9 - :thumbs: is driving a feverish club and city on to their first Serie A title in 33 years… the £100m-rated Man United target is a more complete player than Erling Haaland and so good luck prising him away from Napoli!

Victor Osimhen is driving the club on to its first Serie A title since 1989-1990
The Nigerian has 16 goals in 17 games this season as they close in on glory
Forward has many suitors but Napoli have already declared him not for sale

When Erling Haaland is trying to help Manchester City hunt down Arsenal on Sunday, the world's best centre-forward will be 1,200 miles away, inspiring a title challenge of his own.

Not every Premier League follower is familiar with Victor Osimhen but they soon will be. The Nigerian is driving Napoli towards only the third Serie A title in their history, and their first since the days of Diego Maradona. They are 13 points clear at the top ahead of Sunday's meeting with struggling Cremonese.

Maradona's status in Naples has to be seen to be believed. Walk through the city centre and you will find shrines to him. In the Spanish Quarter, the murals depicting the great Argentine take the breath away.

He may not be quite as prolific as Haaland - who is? - but Osimhen is a more complete No 9. Sporting a protective mask after breaking his cheekbone and eye socket in November 2021, the 24-year-old even looks like a superhero.

He has 16 goals in 17 Serie A appearances this term but there is so much more to his game. His speed terrifies defenders, as does his strength.

Unlike Haaland, he links play superbly and has developed a deadly understanding with fellow attacker Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, another of Europe's top players this season.

Roaring his team on from sidelines after he had been substituted during a recent win over Roma, Osimhen showed himself to be natural leader.

His goal in that game - controlling the ball on his chest and knee before despatching a sweet volley - was one of the best in Europe's top five leagues this season.

Osimhen's qualities make him the ideal Premier League No 9 but he would not come cheap.

Aurelio De Laurentiis insisted this week that Osimhen was not for sale and the Napoli owner, with his impressive sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli at his side, is known as one of the game's most ferocious negotiators.

Agents and sporting directors who tried - and failed - to sign stars like Kalidou Koulibaly and Dries Mertens in their prime break out in a cold sweat when recalling talks with Napoli.

It will be no different when they come for Osimhen and Kvaratskhelia this summer.

Given Chelsea's brashness in the market, De Laurentiis and Giuntoli will probably be thinking they can get half a billion for the pair of them. They will certainly be looking to double the £75million paid to Lille for Osimhen in July 2020.

'I can tell you that Osimhen is not for sale,' De Laurentiis told German publication Bild. 'Our players are in demand, but I don't have to sell anyone. We don't have any debts.'

Expect Osimhen, whose contract expires in two years, to come under serious pressure from supporters to sign a new deal.

Yet nearly every elite player today craves the challenge of the Premier League. With United and Chelsea badly lacking a No9, it promises to be a busy summer.

One thing is certain: an Osimhen vs Haaland duel would be something to savour.

Wha choo looking at?!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Osimhen is a more complete player than Haaland

Post by Damunk »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:38 pm If anyone in the NFF had any brains, we would be in the running to win several AFCONs and a WC with this special player. Watch him break the Premier League transfer record.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/artic ... title.html

Victor Osimhen - the world's best No 9 - :thumbs: is driving a feverish club and city on to their first Serie A title in 33 years… the £100m-rated Man United target is a more complete player than Erling Haaland and so good luck prising him away from Napoli!

Victor Osimhen is driving the club on to its first Serie A title since 1989-1990
The Nigerian has 16 goals in 17 games this season as they close in on glory
Forward has many suitors but Napoli have already declared him not for sale

When Erling Haaland is trying to help Manchester City hunt down Arsenal on Sunday, the world's best centre-forward will be 1,200 miles away, inspiring a title challenge of his own.

Not every Premier League follower is familiar with Victor Osimhen but they soon will be. The Nigerian is driving Napoli towards only the third Serie A title in their history, and their first since the days of Diego Maradona. They are 13 points clear at the top ahead of Sunday's meeting with struggling Cremonese.

Maradona's status in Naples has to be seen to be believed. Walk through the city centre and you will find shrines to him. In the Spanish Quarter, the murals depicting the great Argentine take the breath away.

He may not be quite as prolific as Haaland - who is? - but Osimhen is a more complete No 9. Sporting a protective mask after breaking his cheekbone and eye socket in November 2021, the 24-year-old even looks like a superhero.

He has 16 goals in 17 Serie A appearances this term but there is so much more to his game. His speed terrifies defenders, as does his strength.

Unlike Haaland, he links play superbly and has developed a deadly understanding with fellow attacker Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, another of Europe's top players this season.

Roaring his team on from sidelines after he had been substituted during a recent win over Roma, Osimhen showed himself to be natural leader.

His goal in that game - controlling the ball on his chest and knee before despatching a sweet volley - was one of the best in Europe's top five leagues this season.

Osimhen's qualities make him the ideal Premier League No 9 but he would not come cheap.

Aurelio De Laurentiis insisted this week that Osimhen was not for sale and the Napoli owner, with his impressive sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli at his side, is known as one of the game's most ferocious negotiators.

Agents and sporting directors who tried - and failed - to sign stars like Kalidou Koulibaly and Dries Mertens in their prime break out in a cold sweat when recalling talks with Napoli.

It will be no different when they come for Osimhen and Kvaratskhelia this summer.

Given Chelsea's brashness in the market, De Laurentiis and Giuntoli will probably be thinking they can get half a billion for the pair of them. They will certainly be looking to double the £75million paid to Lille for Osimhen in July 2020.

'I can tell you that Osimhen is not for sale,' De Laurentiis told German publication Bild. 'Our players are in demand, but I don't have to sell anyone. We don't have any debts.'

Expect Osimhen, whose contract expires in two years, to come under serious pressure from supporters to sign a new deal.

Yet nearly every elite player today craves the challenge of the Premier League. With United and Chelsea badly lacking a No9, it promises to be a busy summer.

”He even looks like a Superhero”
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Damunk wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:49 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:38 pm If anyone in the NFF had any brains, we would be in the running to win several AFCONs and a WC with this special player. Watch him break the Premier League transfer record.

”He even looks like a Superhero”
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I nominate "SuperVic" or "Victorman" or "Victorious" for his Superhero name. He will lead us to the promised land ooooo! If only we had proper management.

Wha choo looking at?!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Haaland is a goal machine but short one whenever he is not scoring. You are very correct. I prefer Osimhen.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

When I said that Victor was complete...I actually made the assessment without taking into account his ball control, well perhaps I took into account his ball control at pace, but not his overall ball control. I saw a few things that he did with the ball, but I thought "hmmm" "Maybe this is just spur of the moment" kinda like Musa's ball control against Iceland.

but then I look back the footage and evidence....and I would like to upgrade my assessment of Victor (I don't even know if there is room to upgrade).

I give the player a FULL vote of confidence. In fact, I give him the maximum vote of confidence.

A striker should not have these many pluses. WTF.

The guy might even be undervalued....as stupid as this sounds lol. I don't think the guy is anywhere near his peak, also as stupid as that sounds. I'd like to see the guy after 2 more seasons without major injuries. Ball control, pace, dribbling, aerial ability, positioning, off the ball movement, finishing on both feet and heading ability......WTF, physicality, finesse.

WTF. :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: Jesu Kristi, see baller.

I don't care what the stats say or don't say, this guy is far better than Haaland. If he lags behind in any stat, give it time. Osimhen.exe has not downloaded and fully installed. You guys are seeing a beta version.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

airwolex wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:20 pm Haaland is a goal machine but short one whenever he is not scoring. You are very correct. I prefer Osimhen.
Dude stop it!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

This may sound funny, but I prefer Darwin Nunez to Haaland, who seems to have no skills except being a battering ram. Haaland will be found out in the EPL and until he scored against Arsenal yesterday, he was on a 4 game goalless spell.
Osimhen is currently the best CF in the world.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:09 pm This may sound funny, but I prefer Darwin Nunez to Haaland, who seems to have no skills except being a battering ram. Haaland will be found out in the EPL and until he scored against Arsenal yesterday, he was on a 4 game goalless spell.
Osimhen is currently the best CF in the world.
A man had never won highest goal scorer award in his life! Not in Norway, nor in Austria, nor in Germany. Came to your EPL and embarrassed the league, yet, its the League he embarrassed that will find him out. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: No one loves the English more than the dutiful colonized African. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?