Our strikers depth..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Our strikers depth..

Post by Tobi17 »

This is our current depth of forwards/attacking mids in order of hierarchy and form.

Osimhen- our undisputed Numero uno, in line to beat Yekini's goal record for Nigeria soon

Lookman- has rediscovered his blistering form in the seria A, a Osimhen/Lookman pairing remains to be seen as our best for now.

Iheanacho ( we're once again confronted with the Kelechi conundrum on where best to play in and what system suits him best...maybe he's born to be a creative forward/false 9?) But Kelechi without a doubt remains our most creative forward so far.

Moffi (still needs some time to settle well at OGC Nice even though Nice have won both of their games with him starting), I'm personally not the biggest fan of Moffi though.

Chuba Akpom- Many will dismiss him cause he plays in the English championship,, but the same championship is more competitive than many of the leagues across Europe outside of the La Liga, Seria A and Bundesliga...currently topping the goal chart in the championship playing mostly as a No 10 for Middlesbrough, an interesting dynamic to his game that we can definitely benefit from in the NT depending on what formation/system Peseiro tries out, but surely Chuba's current form can't be ignored.

Nathan Tella- currently the highest goal scorer for a Burnley team that looks certain for promotion to the Premier League under the tutelage of Vincent Kompany, the good news here is the versatility of Tella...can play as a winger, CF and through the middle as an attacking midfielder- which means a tactically flexible coach should be able to use his versatility to good use, devastatingly fast player with good dribbling technique, and a decent finisher.

Awoniyi- decent option off the bench, just like Moffi another player I don't really rate that much, but his immense work rate and imposing physical abilities can be put to good use off the bench IMO.

Standby list: Yira Sor, Gift Orban, Victor Boniface, Okereke and any new prospects that will emerge from our endless pool of strikers across Europe and from our youth teams (U17-U23).
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: Our strikers depth..

Post by Synopsis »

Kelechi is our number 2 striker and should be played as a false 9 since we have the pieces to support the system.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:11 pm This is our current depth of forwards/attacking mids in order of hierarchy and form.

Osimhen- our undisputed Numero uno, in line to beat Yekini's goal record for Nigeria soon

Lookman- has rediscovered his blistering form in the seria A, a Osimhen/Lookman pairing remains to be seen as our best for now.

Iheanacho ( we're once again confronted with the Kelechi conundrum on where best to play in and what system suits him best...maybe he's born to be a creative forward/false 9?) But Kelechi without a doubt remains our most creative forward so far.

Moffi (still needs some time to settle well at OGC Nice even though Nice have won both of their games with him starting), I'm personally not the biggest fan of Moffi though.

Chuba Akpom- Many will dismiss him cause he plays in the English championship,, but the same championship is more competitive than many of the leagues across Europe outside of the La Liga, Seria A and Bundesliga...currently topping the goal chart in the championship playing mostly as a No 10 for Middlesbrough, an interesting dynamic to his game that we can definitely benefit from in the NT depending on what formation/system Peseiro tries out, but surely Chuba's current form can't be ignored.

Nathan Tella- currently the highest goal scorer for a Burnley team that looks certain for promotion to the Premier League under the tutelage of Vincent Kompany, the good news here is the versatility of Tella...can play as a winger, CF and through the middle as an attacking midfielder- which means a tactically flexible coach should be able to use his versatility to good use, devastatingly fast player with good dribbling technique, and a decent finisher.

Awoniyi- decent option off the bench, just like Moffi another player I don't really rate that much, but his immense work rate and imposing physical abilities can be put to good use off the bench IMO.

Standby list: Yira Sor, Gift Orban, Victor Boniface, Okereke and any new prospects that will emerge from our endless pool of strikers across Europe and from our youth teams (U17-U23).

You only need 3-4 strikers /support strikers for a tournament. Pick 3-4 of them instead of giving us a list of 10 strikers. Pick the 3-4 you’d choose today.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:39 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:11 pm This is our current depth of forwards/attacking mids in order of hierarchy and form.

You only need 3-4 strikers /support strikers for a tournament. Pick 3-4 of them instead of giving us a list of 10 strikers. Pick the 3-4 you’d choose today.
Bros,

You might need to confer with your dictionary for the meaning of "depth". I merely listed a pool of players we can choose from based on form and abilities, it's a chart that gives a definite context to our current depth in the attacking position.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:42 pm

Bros,

You might need to confer with your dictionary for the meaning of "depth". I merely listed a pool of players we can choose from based on form and abilities, it's a chart that gives a definite context to our current depth in the attacking position.

Then I asked that YOU pick 3-4 from the depth of players you provided and stop wasting time. It’s like a buffet. Pick the ones you like.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lookman isn't really a striker.

Nacho is such a cool finisher, that goal today man.

My only problem with him was his touch but if he can sort that out (wasn't an issue today) then he should be paired up top with Osimehn in a 352 NOT A 442.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Depth Chart

1. Osimehn
2. Iheanacho
3. Moffi
4. Sadiq
5. Akpom
6. Okereke
7. Awoniyi
8. Onuachu
9. Dessers
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:47 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:42 pm

Bros,

Then I asked that YOU pick 3-4 from the depth of players you provided and stop wasting time. It’s like a buffet. Pick the ones you like.
If I'll pick, then my top 3-4 depending on formation/tactics would be:

Osimhen
Iheanacho
Moffi

Nathan Tella, Lookman and Chuba can play from the wings or the creative No 10 role respectively so they aren't quintessentially #9 type of players in my estimation.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:52 pm Depth Chart

1. Osimehn
2. Iheanacho
3. Moffi
4. Sadiq
5. Akpom
6. Okereke
7. Awoniyi
8. Onuachu
9. Dessers
Let Sadiq get back to fitness and play out a full season for us to really know where to place him, I'll put Sadiq in my cooler of standby for now. Where's Nathan Tella in your list? have you been watching him lately?

Onuachu and Dessers are at best good enough for a standby list, I'm going by FORM.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:55 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:52 pm Depth Chart

1. Osimehn
2. Iheanacho
3. Moffi
4. Sadiq
5. Akpom
6. Okereke
7. Awoniyi
8. Onuachu
9. Dessers
Let Sadiq get back to fitness and play out a full season for us to really know where to place him, I'll put Sadiq in my cooler of standby for now. Where's Nathan Tella in your list? have you been watching him lately?
He's not a striker bro.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Kai. Nacho has gone from zero to No 2 striker on VE's depth chart in just 90mins. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:23 pm Kai. Nacho has gone from zero to No 2 striker on VE's depth chart in just 90mins. :laugh:
You cannot deny his IQ and finishing quality.

It's his touch and sometimes workrate that let's him down.

He will be deadly with Osimehn I'm a 352

But heaven forbid him in a 442, it won't be anywhere near as effective.