ADEYEMI TELLS HIS NIGERIAN SECRET

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
ADEYEMI TELLS HIS NIGERIAN SECRET

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ADEYEMI TELLS HIS NIGERIAN SECRET

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ok o. He got good genes from Nigeria, eats Nigeria food to help his performance but plays for Germany. What's in it for Nigeria?

BTW, when i talk about Amala I'm labeled as a local person who swallows bowls of Amala but Adeyemi can eat Fufu, a less nutritious meal than Amala, and gets praised for for his athletic performance. See life!

Anyway sha, God dey.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

As an Ibadan boy I was expecting him to say Amala :clap:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:00 pm Ok o. He got good genes from Nigeria, eats Nigeria food to help his performance but plays for Germany. What's in it for Nigeria?

BTW, when i talk about Amala I'm labeled as a local person who swallows bowls of Amala but Adeyemi can eat Fufu, a less nutritious meal than Amala, and gets praised for for his athletic performance. See life!

Anyway sha, God dey.
fufu is a generic term for all swallows; amala, cassava, yam, semolina, garri and plantain fufu inclusive

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:39 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:00 pm Ok o. He got good genes from Nigeria, eats Nigeria food to help his performance but plays for Germany. What's in it for Nigeria?

Anyway sha, God dey.
fufu is a generic term for all swallows; amala, cassava, yam, semolina, garri and plantain fufu inclusive
West of the Niger, ‘fufu’ is a very specific kind of swallow.
It’s white, can be quite smelly and I hate it.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:54 am

Anyway sha, God dey.
Not for east of the Niger nor for abroad nijarians, So you rather be swallowing odorless dog poop; the mouth eats before the eyes, you know!

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:00 am

Anyway sha, God dey.
Not for east of the Niger nor for abroad nijarians, So you rather be swallowing odorless dog poop
I doubt any Yoruba person wherever they live would refer to Eba, amala, semo or poundo as ‘fufu’.
It just won’t happen.

Meanwhile this Adeyemi story reminds me of when my kids were in nursery/primary school.
On one of their school’s sports days, between the two of them and two other Nigerian families, they packed all the prizes.
One baffled Oyibo parent asked aloud ‘what do you feed them’?
To which one of the other Nigerian parents replied “Eba!” :rotf:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Anyway sha, God dey.
Karim Adeyemi is a top footballer playing for Dortmund and Germany. Kongi the dunce is an Ape currently residing in the Portland Zoo. There are levels to this. Not all primates are equal. :!:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:12 am

Anyway sha, God dey.
Not for east of the Niger nor for abroad nijarians, So you rather be swallowing odorless dog poop
I doubt any Yoruba person wherever they live would refer to Eba, amala, semo or poundo as ‘fufu’.
It just won’t happen.

Meanwhile this Adeyemi story reminds me of when my kids were in nursery/primary school.
On one of their school’s sports days, between the two of them and two other Nigerian families, they packed all the prizes.

Real fufu is the corn based swallow that’s sour and served at room temperature. I love fufu with okra soup.Never seen it outside Nigeria.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Anyway sha, God dey.
The fake emir strikes again. For the majority of Nigerians, fufu is either pounded yam or swallow made with yam flour. How exactly is Amala which, by the way, is also made from yam, more nutritious than fufu❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

SEE ADEYEMI DOING NUMBERS ON A MOUNT OF POUNDO

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoukI7SuW_8 ... AzN2Q1NTE=

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:48 am

Anyway sha, God dey.
It just won’t happen.

Real fufu is the corn based swallow that’s sour and served at room temperature. I love fufu with okra soup.Never seen it outside Nigeria.
Are you talking of - AGIDI ?

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:15 am SEE ADEYEMI DOING NUMBERS ON A MOUNT OF POUNDO

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoukI7SuW_8 ... AzN2Q1NTE=
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:34 am

Anyway sha, God dey.
The fake emir strikes again. For the majority of Nigerians, fufu is either pounded yam or swallow made with yam flour. How exactly is Amala which, by the way, is also made from yam, more nutritious than fufu❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers.
I thought fufu is pounded cassava or yam only. Others go by their real names, Eba, amala, semo etc.

The actual term used for all is swallow.

At least that’s what goes in my household. By God, that cassava fufu stinks.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

In Nigeria, fufu or akpu is a popular food made from fresh or fermented cassava. Akpu, properly punctuated as akpụ in Igbo, is the Igbo word for cassava. Requiring several days to make, akpu is a wet paste often eaten with egusi soup. Akpu is traditionally made by peeling and washing raw cassava until it is white.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Anyway sha, God dey.
It just won’t happen.

I thought it was all Nigerians that don't use the name 'fufu' indiscriminately. So it is just 'us'. I don't like how the name is used in the West, because fufu...the 'actual' fufu is a terrible dish as you say. It's like using 'concoction' (a cheap rice meal that was famous in Nigerian universities) as a blanket name for rice meals.

Me and my mum were actually talking about this about a month ago and we were both peeved when my girl kept calling Pounded yam and the like fufu lol. I would only eat fufu if it was the only food to keep me alive (and this is not an exaggeration).

Amala I can just about stomach (I was unpleasantly surprised when I found out it was the Yoruba go to meal). I rate Semolina slightly higher, Eba higher, and Pounded yam right at the top. I have tried Tuwo I believe, though I can barely remember it....from a very vague memory, it didn't leave a lasting impression.

Pounded yam pounded is heavenly. I was also unpleasantly surprised when I found out that Nigerians are mostly using the flour now...The taste is the same virtually, but the texture is wrong.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Cito wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:01 pm

Anyway sha, God dey.

Cheers.
I thought fufu is pounded cassava or yam only. Others go by their real names, Eba, amala, semo etc.

The actual term used for all is swallow.

At least that’s what goes in my household. By God, that cassava fufu stinks.
My cousin uses the term "Solids". Growing up, my siblings and I were more ajebutta than most...so when my cousin was asked what he wanted (I think he was given carte blanche) and he said "solids", I was a little surprised, because we would generally prefer something like Jollof or lets say yam and egg or rice and plantain.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Anyway sha, God dey.

Cheers.
Are you seriously trying to debate me about Amala? You must have lost your natural mind. :laugh: :laugh: Did a mad man slap you a gbosa? :laugh:

Amala, made from Elubo has higher fiber content, potassium,fewer carbs and a higher water content, it’s also lighter and easier to digest than Pounded yam. Though they’re both made from yam, Amala contains yam skin while pounded yam is entirely from the boiled skinless yam. Why do u think Amala is dark and pounded yam is white?

See ya life! :laugh: When you start arguing about Amala with kongi, you know your life is on the wrong track. It’s quite frankly sub-joblessness. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:29 am

Anyway sha, God dey.

Cheers.
Are you seriously trying to debate me about Amala? You must have lost your natural mind. :laugh: :laugh: Did a mad man slap you a gbosa? :laugh:

Amala, made from Elubo has higher fiber content, potassium,fewer carbs and a higher water content, it’s also lighter and easier to digest than Pounded yam. Though they’re both made from yam, Amala contains yam skin while pounded yam is entirely from the boiled skinless yam. Why do u think Amala is dark and pounded yam is white?

See ya life! :laugh: When you start arguing about Amala with kongi, you know your life is on the wrong track. It’s quite frankly sub-joblessness. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You ignorant punk. What is Amala or elubo or whatever you choose to call it made from❓❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:30 am

Anyway sha, God dey.

Cheers.

You ignorant punk. What is Amala or elubo or whatever you choose to call it made from❓❗️

Cheers.

Where is awa onku 1naira? Ooooonnnnkuuu, where ya dey? Abeg find this one a JOB asap, he needs help. He’s sub-joblessness. This is worse than acute or chronic joblessness. :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:26 am Are you talking of - AGIDI ?
No. Akpụ is what is referred to as ‘fufu’ in Yorubaland.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Anyway sha, God dey.

Cheers.
Very wrong. Fufu is fufu, Amala is Amala, Pounded yam is pounded yam.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:30 am

Anyway sha, God dey.

Cheers.

Cheers.
Oga, Kongi actually described the differences. In my opinion, he’s correct per the description. Some of us planted tubers/roots and corn and know the difference in the products generated from these plants. I am peeved by the increasing frequency of people calling certain foods “fufu” or “solids”, when specificity is useful.