How many so called abroad recruits are playing in the Champs League ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: How many so called abroad recruits are playing in the Champs League ?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:54 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:29 pm anywaysss back to the question. How many abroad recruits are in the champs league ? in fact how many have even played in the champs league before..hmmmmm
champions league is not the be all and end all.

Is Onyedika better than Iwobi, Aribo, Ndidi just because he plays in champions league ?

Zaidu Sanusi is playing champions league but he cannot clean Aina's boots.

Daft thread with no serious level of cognitive thinking.
aww are you getting emotional? Your Abroad recruits are left overs and were never first choices, they were discarded . Not once have they offered anything to the SE, we failed to qualify for the worldcup with a high number of abroad recruits, we failed woefully in Cameroon with the high numbers of left over abroad recruits.. these are facts . the data is there for you to see.

The day we see any top club going crazy to sign these rejected abroad recruits, is the day i bounce from CE.. The day CAF nominates a high number them for awards is the day i bounce again from CE

The project has failed woefully and sent us 10 years back
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:56 am Champions league apart, it is worth noting that our home grown players have been the most productive performers for their respective clubs. This ought to suggest strongly tgat our main focus should be on home grown football rather than this over reliance on ready made foreign born footballers🤔❗️

Cheers.
It's this kind of short term tactical thinking which is the problem.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:56 am Champions league apart, it is worth noting that our home grown players have been the most productive performers for their respective clubs. This ought to suggest strongly tgat our main focus should be on home grown football rather than this over reliance on ready made foreign born footballers🤔❗️
Well tried.
Are you grouping home ‘grown’ and home born?
If you’re referring to Osimhen, Chukwuwze, Omeruo, Zaidu, Iwobi, Moses Simon, Awoniyi, Victor Moses, Sadiq, Moffi, Iheanacho dem….none of them were home ‘grown’.
They are all home born but left their families as kids, a couple even as mere children.
Home ‘grown’ my foot.

If you want home grown, then you need to go back to Ahmed Musa who has been totally disrespected in his ‘mature’ years.
Or go back to the Keshi era and earlier.
Because even the Amokachis, Siasias, Kanus, JJs and Amunekes left too young to have been ‘grown’ by us into the stars we remember them as.
Raw talent isn’t the issue. We can’t say it often enough, but selective deafness is a fact of life we have to deal with.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:08 pm

Cheers.
It's this kind of short term tactical thinking which is the problem.
It’s a very funny argument, but currently very ‘popular’.
I’m watching the U20 team live and scratching my head.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

who remembers this recruit that walked into the SE

this must have been a kickback ooo
SuperEagles

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:51 pm The abroad recruits
Okoye( 3rd choice at Watford) rumor has it he may be heading back to Holland)
Ekong just lfe the Championship moved to Salernitana
Akpoguma Hoffenhiem

Bassey , Ajaxs
Ebuehi Empoli
Aribo Southampton, cannot get mins
Desser , Cronese, they haven't even won a game in the league

These are the world beaters , these are the players the so called scout who lived in the UK brought to the SE along with **** and they claim they are better than Osimhen, Iwobi, Moffi, Samu,Moses, Etebo, Lookman, Dennis Paul etc
There’s a reason why their places of birth never stood in the way when Nigeria came calling
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:42 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:39 pmDaft thread
Very daft indeed.
It is not a daft thread. Very pertinent. Just say you don't like the author of the thread or the topic. That is why I will never respect a man like Amaju Pinnick. He took the foreign obsession to the extreme
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

highbury wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:20 pm
Very daft indeed.
It is not a daft thread. Very pertinent. Just say you don't like the author of the thread or the topic. That is why I will never respect a man like Amaju Pinnick. He took the foreign obsession to the extreme
Are you more Nigerian than these foreign born nationals? what gives you the right to determine who is more Nigerian than the other? you lot are just so crude with your thinking, get off your archaic high horse and evolve with the times, this is 2023 not 1950 anymore for goodness sake.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:38 pm
Very daft indeed.
Are you more Nigerian than these foreign born nationals? what gives you the right to determine who is more Nigerian than the other? you lot are just so crude with your thinking, get off your archaic high horse and evolve with the times, this is 2023 not 1950 anymore for goodness sake.
Are you more American than Donald Trump?
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:19 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:38 pm I know for a FACT 3 SEs who dem start from Nigeria are still playing
Our Osimhen,
Onye
Zaidu

Madueke and Chukwemeka are stiill in the competition you daft Ewu.
You unintelligent troll, Madueke was not registered for the Champs league
SuperEagles

akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:38 pm I know for a FACT 3 SEs who dem start from Nigeria are still playing
Our Osimhen,
Onye
Zaidu
I have to admit this is a very important point you are making here, just like our Ameri-Nigerian Olympic athletics fiasco a few years ago
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:32 pm So because Osimehn is world class we are to pretend that we don't need foreign born ?

What kind of stupidity is this ?

Iwobi is perhaps our most important and consistent performer, without him our midfield collapses.

Aina is by far our best wingback.

Lookman is by far our best winger and also one of the top players in Italy.

Without the "foreigners" it will be Awaziem and Ozornwafor in defence. Good luck with that.

Abeg this team needs all the help we can get, no matter where they were born.

And for the last time recruiting foreign born does not mean we neglect home grown talents. Both strategies can work side to side. As if one cannot walk and chew gum at the same time.
The point is obviously lost on you. We may need foreign borns but the calibre of the ones we’ve been going after isn’t high enough to make any significant impact on our national team. If the likes of Saka and Akanji want to play for us, we’ll welcome them with open arms but we can’t keep relying on half baked foreign talent who only want to play for Nigeria because they are not good enough to play for some foreign country. We have the much better option of pouring our resources into the development of our grassroots football, which will produce players of top calibre. As far as I’m concerned, if you’re not good enough to play for England, France or whoever else then you’re certainly not good enough to play for Nigeria.

By the way, Iwobi isn’t foreign born. He has lived and breathed Nigeria from birth. Even though he left Nigeria at a very young age, there’s never been any doubt in his mind where his loyalty lies. It’s really not so much where one is born or raised but more about the values that one has been inculcated with❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Iwobi is 100% Nigerian. Born in Nigeria, raised in Nigeria, lived in Turkey . In fact before he made his debut vs Egypt, the 3 lions tried so hard to entice him, but a real Nigerian knows who they are. He even scored the goal that qualified us to Russia 2018, stop with the cap. yall are too emotional are lack substance . FACTS , FACTs, FACTS
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:54 pm
Daft thread with no serious level of cognitive thinking.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:07 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:32 pm So because Osimehn is world class we are to pretend that we don't need foreign born ?

What kind of stupidity is this ?

Iwobi is perhaps our most important and consistent performer, without him our midfield collapses.

Aina is by far our best wingback.

Lookman is by far our best winger and also one of the top players in Italy.

Without the "foreigners" it will be Awaziem and Ozornwafor in defence. Good luck with that.

Abeg this team needs all the help we can get, no matter where they were born.

And for the last time recruiting foreign born does not mean we neglect home grown talents. Both strategies can work side to side. As if one cannot walk and chew gum at the same time.
The point is obviously lost on you. We may need foreign borns but the calibre of the ones we’ve been going after isn’t high enough to make any significant impact on our national team. If the likes of Saka and Akanji want to play for us, we’ll welcome them with open arms but we can’t keep relying on half baked foreign talent who only want to play for Nigeria because they are not good enough to play for some foreign country. We have the much better option of pouring our resources into the development of our grassroots football, which will produce players of top calibre. As far as I’m concerned, if you’re not good enough to play for England, France or whoever else then you’re certainly not good enough to play for Nigeria.

By the way, Iwobi isn’t foreign born. He has lived and breathed Nigeria from birth. Even though he left Nigeria at a very young age, there’s never been any doubt in his mind where his loyalty lies. It’s really not so much where one is born or raised but more about the values that one has been inculcated with❗️

Cheers.
Bro, don’t let us even go there.
Values?
My fellow Nigerians in Nigeria and all over the world shame me every day with their idea of ‘values’.
Nigeria is where it is today because of our ‘values’.
And in football, there is hardly a single national coach at any level that hasn’t been smeared for having the wrong ‘values’.
Let’s not even mention the players and officials from administrators to referees.

Nigerians think going to church and the mosque and wearing traditional attire is what ‘values’ are about.
Abeg, don’t get me started.

Let’s just stick with performance on the green grass, abeg.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:38 pm
Very daft indeed.
Highbury lives abroad, eats, shytts and works abroad and helps develop a foreign economy.
He probably has kids abroad too.
Maybe he has jappa’d in both body and soul, so can’t imagine anyone born abroad being a real Nigerian. :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:14 pm Iwobi is 100% Nigerian. Born in Nigeria, raised in Nigeria, lived in Turkey . In fact before he made his debut vs Egypt, the 3 lions tried so hard to entice him, but a real Nigerian knows who they are. He even scored the goal that qualified us to Russia 2018, stop with the cap. yall are too emotional are lack substance . FACTS , FACTs, FACTS
Which Nigerian clubs or academies did Iwobi play for or develop in?

Thanks in advance.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nah real wah , not a single abroad recruit is starting today in the EPL. The following home grown/born are starting
Our Kele, Ndidi, Iwobi and Onuachu ( I am watching all 3 games at the same time on my monitors )
SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

1naija wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:29 pm Very Very very Daft thread!
Very very very very Daft Thread!

Without Victor Moses we don’t win 2013 ANC or qualify for 2014 WC. His 2pks got us out of the group stage and he scored another one in the playoff.

Yobo was done after the 2014WC and Oboabona was not the same defender after ANC…and if it was n’t for Ekong & Balogun, we don’t make it to the 2018 WC. We need our best foreign and home-based players.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

packerland wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:12 pm

Without Victor Moses we don’t win 2013 ANC or qualify for 2014 WC. His 2pks got us out of the group stage and he scored another one in the playoff.

Yobo was done after the 2014WC and Oboabona was not the same defender after ANC…and if it was n’t for Ekong & Balogun, we don’t make it to the 2018 WC. We need our best foreign and home-based players.
We forget so soon :clap:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:12 pm

another daft troll . Victor Moses was born in Kaduna ,Nigeria. He got naturalized in the UK...Moses was playing football in the street at the time. A week later, after being hidden by friends, his relatives paid for him to travel to the UK
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so the Abroad Recruits may soon be a thing of the past, well done to the glass house
SuperEagles