Benjamin Fredrick should be drafted to the SE: Signs for Brentford

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Benjamin Fredrick should be drafted to the SE

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:08 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:04 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:17 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:35 pm Nigerian football fans are, quite possibly, the most deluded in the world. When our teams fail, we always blame the coach, who has no hand in executing the game, and never consider the possibility that the team just wasn’t good enough to execute the coach’s instructions❗️

Cheers.
The blame falls on the coach , there is no way out of that. If the coach picks players who aren't able to execute his tactics, plans etc. That is the coach's fault 100%
A coach can only pick players that are available to him. Do you believe it is Hervè Renard’s fault that Saudi Arabia couldn’t advance out of the first round of the World Cup❓❗️

Cheers.
Do you believe that Gambia should beat Nigeria ?

Do you believe we should play 6 matches without our forward scoring a single goal ?

You are comparing apples to oranges.
Can you imagine? Aside from Abdulahi and Sunday non of our forwards scored or assist thru out the tournament. Nigeria is known for producing top class fowards yet Bo$$0 took overaged junk players like Francis Ayuba. This is on him and to think people here are still making excuses for that bum @$$ coach? Tufia Nigeria is in trouble.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Several good prospects. The tournament was a success. Don’t sleep on Abdullahi and co.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:55 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:35 pm Nigerian football fans are, quite possibly, the most deluded in the world. When our teams fail, we always blame the coach, who has no hand in executing the game, and never consider the possibility that the team just wasn’t good enough to execute the coach’s instructions❗️

Cheers.
This is true.
But another truth is that there are very few coaches that seem to be able to consistently demonstrate their pedigree on the green grass.
Wouldn’t that element of inconsistency then suggest that subpar players or performances might be the real issue❓❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:30 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:55 pm

Cheers.
This is true.
But another truth is that there are very few coaches that seem to be able to consistently demonstrate their pedigree on the green grass.
Wouldn’t that element of inconsistency then suggest that subpar players or performances might be the real issue❓❗️

Cheers.
I think a genuinely good coach will turn out consistently good results even without an embarrassment of riches.
Subpar players are part of every squad but you cannot continue to blame the players.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sunset wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:56 pm
and they chose a player from YumYum for our SE...kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And how do you suggest the SE handlers groom him in the national team? Isn't the U20 and U23 competitions the best way to groom a youth player for the senior national team? He needs to be allowed to grow before he is invited to the national team. There are many examples of players that have been invited to the SE because they excelled in youth tournaments and failed. Having said that, I would make an exception in this case is because the CBs we have now are not better than him. I would start him ahead of Bassey or Akpoguma. He can't be any worse.
naijaguy wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:22 am I see no reason why this dude shouldn't be invited to the national team and groomed to become one of the best. He has merited it.
The issue I have with SE handlers is that they will ignore him until he gets a relatively good team abroad.
If he then maybe signs for an Egyptian team or SA team or a relatively unknown team in Europe, then they will completely forget him.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

1naija wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:35 pm And how do you suggest the SE handlers groom him in the national team? Isn't the U20 and U23 competitions the best way to groom a youth player for the senior national team? He needs to be allowed to grow before he is invited to the national team. There are many examples of players that have been invited to the SE because they excelled in youth tournaments and failed. Having said that, I would make an exception in this case is because the CBs we have now are not better than him. I would start him ahead of Bassey or Akpoguma. He can't be any worse.
naijaguy wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:22 am I see no reason why this dude shouldn't be invited to the national team and groomed to become one of the best. He has merited it.
The issue I have with SE handlers is that they will ignore him until he gets a relatively good team abroad.
If he then maybe signs for an Egyptian team or SA team or a relatively unknown team in Europe, then they will completely forget him.
There are exceptional players that do not need to "grow old" with the youth teams before being drafted to the national team. The likes of Gavi, Alphonso Davies, Osimhen, Ndidi etc didn't need to play forever with the youth teams before moving to their various national teams. These are exceptional players.
You don't need a sooth sayer to know that Benjamin Frederick is an exceptional player.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

naijaguy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:17 am
1naija wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:35 pm And how do you suggest the SE handlers groom him in the national team? Isn't the U20 and U23 competitions the best way to groom a youth player for the senior national team? He needs to be allowed to grow before he is invited to the national team. There are many examples of players that have been invited to the SE because they excelled in youth tournaments and failed. Having said that, I would make an exception in this case is because the CBs we have now are not better than him. I would start him ahead of Bassey or Akpoguma. He can't be any worse.
There are exceptional players that do not need to "grow old" with the youth teams before being drafted to the national team. The likes of Gavi, Alphonso Davies, Osimhen, Ndidi etc didn't need to play forever with the youth teams before moving to their various national teams. These are exceptional players.
You don't need a sooth sayer to know that Benjamin Frederick is an exceptional player.
That's quite a lazy comparison if we're being honest here as all of those listed got their International call ups due to their performances at their club/senior level rather than what they did at the youth level which is how you're using to judge Benjamin Fredrick who IMO is talented but is far too inexperienced to make that significant jump from the U20 level to senior.

The sample size is too small to rush his development process at this moment and proving himself at the higher levels (U23, CHAN) won't do any harm to his progress. I'm guessing people forget Ndidi went to two U20 World Cups, the first as a 16 year old while a 16 year-old Osimhen played at the U23 AFCON the same year he won the U17 World Cup and I very much doubt that in any way harmed their trajectories, more the opposite.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:10 am
That's quite a lazy comparison if we're being honest here as all of those listed got their International call ups due to their performances at their club/senior level rather than what they did at the youth level which is how you're using to judge Benjamin Fredrick who IMO is talented but is far too inexperienced to make that significant jump from the U20 level to senior.

The sample size is too small to rush his development process at this moment and proving himself at the higher levels (U23, CHAN) won't do any harm to his progress. I'm guessing people forget Ndidi went to two U20 World Cups, the first as a 16 year old while a 16 year-old Osimhen played at the U23 AFCON the same year he won the U17 World Cup and I very much doubt that in any way harmed their trajectories, more the opposite.
Moreover Naijaguy is being a little disingenuous by using terms like “grow old” and “play for ever” in the youth teams, rather than more appropriate terms like ‘further develop’ and ‘spend some time’.
The guy is gifted no doubt but any seasoned coach will tell you that it’s not a straight forward case of rushing a gifted player into a senior team just like that. You can do damage in all sorts of ways.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I agree with you totally. We had the likes of Keshi, Henry Nwosu and Sylvanus Okpala move quickly into the national team due to being exceptional in the youth team. Also, it was the performance at youth team level that prompted the promotion of the likes of Shofoluwe, Ehilegbu, Okoku, Agbonavbare, Edobor etc to the senior national team after the 1983 WYC and these players played a key role into getting Nigeria to the AFCON final a year later in Ivory Coast. These exceptional players have to be fast tracked into the national team otherwise they could be traded into obscure leagues by agents and their trajectory ends e.g. Valentine Nwabili ended up in Sudan and the rest is history.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:14 am
I agree with you totally. We had the likes of Keshi, Henry Nwosu and Sylvanus Okpala move quickly into the national team due to being exceptional in the youth team. Also, it was the performance at youth team level that prompted the promotion of the likes of Shofoluwe, Ehilegbu, Okoku, Agbonavbare, Edobor etc to the senior national team after the 1983 WYC and these players played a key role into getting Nigeria to the AFCON final a year later in Ivory Coast. These exceptional players have to be fast tracked into the national team otherwise they could be traded into obscure leagues by agents and their trajectory ends e.g. Valentine Nwabili ended up in Sudan and the rest is history.
You do realise that every single one of the players you've mentioned is aged between the mid 50s to over 60 - or would have been if they were still alive.
That is a long gone era and to be honest, I am not sure what your definition of 'exceptional' is.
Every national team player youth or senior is exceptional in a sense.
But by international standards, a truly exceptional footballer is on another level i.e. world class.
Even by Nigerian standards, maybe only Keshi on that list would make the 'exceptional' category.
How many of them would make Nigeria's 50 GOATs for instance?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

There are also many players who excelled at youth level and were called up to the Senior team but could not hack it. Then 16 years old Dele Adeleye, and Alampasu are prime examples.

We lack center backs in the SE, so I won't have any problem with Benjamin being called up to the SE out of desperation. But, I didn't see anything he did in the tournament that suggests he will just waltz into the SE and dominate our opponents.
Dammy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:14 am
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Benjamin starting against arguably the toughest CF in the league Ibrahim Mustapha

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Not only is he our best player so far, he IMO has the highest ceiling in this squad. Reminds me of Ndidi at his first WYC but a lot better on the ball, it'll be interesting to see how he develops physically though.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sunset wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:20 pm Benjamin starting against arguably the toughest CF in the league Ibrahim Mustapha

Nice game. Why do they use commentators who can’t articulate the game in an exciting way that locals will understand and appreciate? The commentator sounds like he’s reading a story from a book,very boring. We need commentators who have a mastery of pidgin English, understand enough Yoruba,Igbo or Hausa to mix it all together and create poetry out of calling the game. We need to be creative with the way games are presented.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sunset wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:37 pm Not only is he our best player so far, he IMO has the highest ceiling in this squad. Reminds me of Ndidi at his first WYC but a lot better on the ball, it'll be interesting to see how he develops physically though.
Bamaiyi Yum Yum no Dey?
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:03 pm Image

Now this is a player i think we should keep an eye on and watch his development. He is most def one for the future... a ball playing CB and boy can he defend
what more can Bigpokey say? This boy is lit
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

those with eyes open it wide and see the next big thing coming out of Nigeria
SuperEagles

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:20 am
:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

those with eyes open it wide and see the next big thing coming out of Nigeria
Leipzig would be the best but our players rarely do well in Germany. Even Osihmen was frustrated out of Bundesliga.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:50 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:04 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:17 pm

Cheers.
The blame falls on the coach , there is no way out of that. If the coach picks players who aren't able to execute his tactics, plans etc. That is the coach's fault 100%
A coach can only pick players that are available to him. Do you believe it is Hervè Renard’s fault that Saudi Arabia couldn’t advance out of the first round of the World Cup❓❗️

Cheers.
Bunk. Bo$$o had boys playing for Inter Millan, Ac Millan, Bendel insurance, Dakkaka, Beyond Limit academy, Crystal Palace etc yet he chose boys from YumYum fc. This failure is on him. How does a coach lose to a glorified village named Gambia and not resign?
It would appear that Bosso has chosen well. The YumYum FC boys are in the quarter-finals of the world youth cup… and the glorified village is about to advance to the QF of the U20 World Cup❗️

Cheers.