What Do You Think? Italian Children ‘Blacking Up’ To Celebrate Osimhen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What Do You Think? Italian Children ‘Blacking Up’ To Celebrate Osimhen

Post by wiseone »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

wiseone wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:37 pm
The owner of that bakery has hammered ridiculously. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

How long will Osimhen keep wearing that mask? Is his face still injured? Or will it become his “trademark” and something he will wear for the rest of his career ala Petr Cech’s head guard, Benzema’s hand bandage, or Cowboy Bob Orton’s plaster cast?!
Last edited by wiseone on Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wiseone wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:12 am How long will Osimhen keep wearing that mask? Is his face still injured? Or will it become his “trademark” and something he will wear for the rest of his career ala Pete Cech’s head guard, Benzema’s hand bandage, or Cowboy Bob Orton’s plaster cast?!
have you ever had your eye socket busted before? have you ever had a head injury? what sort of question are you asking?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

wiseone wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:12 am How long will Osimhen keep wearing that mask? Is his face still injured? Or will it become his “trademark” and something he will wear for the rest of his career ala Petr Cech’s head guard, Benzema’s hand bandage, or Cowboy Bob Orton’s plaster cast?!
Think I read the doctor saying he needs to take of the screws for him to be mask free.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

I think calling this racist in my view is an overreaction. Kids admire the guy, want to be like him , yes painted face, with the batman make up, plus jersey plus carrying a football. All I see is..."I admire vic" he is my hero. We should not be so weak as to qualifying this as racist. I see the opposite. And then there's the dictionary definition of racism...you can check it out yourself and this act doesn't qualify.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

VictorFrenzy!
OsiMania!

Best player in the league! King of Naples! The whole City adores their King! anyone who has ever been to Naples know that they love their food.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:33 pm The intent alone, even if we assume it genuine is not enough.

Where do you think the kids got the idea from?

And equating this with hair coloring is just plain uninformed
Maybe we should be asking YOU that question.
Where would kids get the idea from?

[Just in case the Q is not clear, I am asking about the idea of mimicking Osimhen's skin color; NOT the 'idea' of perpetuating a century-old racist motif.]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:12 pm
txj wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:33 pm The intent alone, even if we assume it genuine is not enough.

Where do you think the kids got the idea from?

And equating this with hair coloring is just plain uninformed
Maybe we should be asking YOU that question.
Where would kids get the idea from?

[Just in case the Q is not clear, I am asking about the idea of mimicking Osimhen's skin color; NOT the 'idea' of perpetuating a century-old racist motif.]
Clearly from the parents…do you think if parents said let’s print out or buy a mask with Vic’s face so you can wear the kids would be like ‘NO YOU MUST PAINT MY FACE’? Clearly that’s an idea either originating or reinforced by the parents who went through with doing the actual painting, when there are less messy ways to get across the same sentiment…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:11 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:49 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:45 pm We have to stop applying American sensibilities and issues derived from their horrific history of slavery and Jim Crow (blackface theater originated in America) to everything worldwide. The whole "black" and white" issue was spread from America all over the world. People who are Igbo, or Wollof, or Shona are now just simply "black" and people who were Russian, German or Swedish have been condensed to "white".

These kids simply wanted to look like their hero. The grievance artists should find something else.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I think this sums up my view perfectly.
...we black people have issues with our skin color, we get edgy when others makes reference to it, good, bad or innocent intentions like the picture of that kid.
This is the issue.
We have allowed racists to redefine for us what is good or bad about our black skin.
So even though we today celebrate it, we still get uncomfortable because some wasters decided to deride it in a specific way many decades ago. Generations later, any non-blacl person that chooses to celebrate it in the same way is guilty, regardless of whether they are aware of what has gone before them.

Its a non-winnable argument. If that cake for instance was covered in white icing, I could decide to argue that it is a racist act - "Osimhen is not white. The racists are at it again, trying to claim what is not theirs".

Sounds ridiculous because it is.
Ever since those racists got into our heads, it seems a black man can't eat a banana or look a monkey in the eye without feeling somehow.

But that's in the west o. Not in Africa.

Which is why I love the story of the 1994 Super Eagles I heard recently. Someone threw a banana at them as they filed out against Italy. One of the players picked it up and ate it.
Thank you very much.

That's owning your shytt.
They can't define me, talk less 1.3 billion people.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:35 pm
mcal wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:11 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:49 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:45 pm We have to stop applying American sensibilities and issues derived from their horrific history of slavery and Jim Crow (blackface theater originated in America) to everything worldwide. The whole "black" and white" issue was spread from America all over the world. People who are Igbo, or Wollof, or Shona are now just simply "black" and people who were Russian, German or Swedish have been condensed to "white".

These kids simply wanted to look like their hero. The grievance artists should find something else.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I think this sums up my view perfectly.
...we black people have issues with our skin color, we get edgy when others makes reference to it, good, bad or innocent intentions like the picture of that kid.
This is the issue.
We have allowed racists to redefine for us what is good or bad about our black skin.
So even though we today celebrate it, we still get uncomfortable because some wasters decided to deride it in a specific way many decades ago. Generations later, any non-blacl person that chooses to celebrate it in the same way is guilty, regardless of whether they are aware of what has gone before them.

Its a non-winnable argument. If that cake for instance was covered in white icing, I could decide to argue that it is a racist act - "Osimhen is not white. The racists are at it again, trying to claim what is not theirs".

Sounds ridiculous because it is.
Ever since those racists got into our heads, it seems a black man can't eat a banana or look a monkey in the eye without feeling somehow.

But that's in the west o. Not in Africa.

Which is why I love the story of the 1994 Super Eagles I heard recently. Someone threw a banana at them as they filed out against Italy. One of the players picked it up and ate it.
Thank you very much.

That's owning your shytt.
They can't define me, talk less 1.3 billion people.
My goodness you are pretty slow or intentionally posting such. YOu live in the UK, you grew up in Nigeria, for you to sit down and start digging up excuses for a black skin racist joke says a lot about how despicable you are. Educate yourself . The same way you defend any woman who accuses a man of rape, use that towards a clear racist trend. Open your eyes, research jim crow, etc..it will do you some good . my goodness .

Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I just came back from Rio, Brazil and this whole skin color wahala is even deeper there. It was just so sad that every local we saw who was close to our dark complexion was either homeless, begging or working in the back. It was super obvious and very sad. This thing is the world over, I work with a bunch of Indians who also say they have a dark skin segment in their country and they are also the poorest and most maltreated.

To me it’s sad when our own folks act like the world doesn’t use skin color to oppress people and don’t bat an eye or question why parents would go out of their way to do this unnecessary and extremely messy thing to their kids face when without it everyone still knows who the kids are dressing up as. Why is that so necessary when supporting a black hero, why don’t they do it for Asians etc - yellowing skin and slitting their eyes - I’m sure our resident ITKs would siding with the Asians saying that’s in poor taste. I’m sure they wouldn’t say Asians have a problem with their own skin color and eyes…I’m guessing they also don’t have an issue with throwing bananas at black players..after all black folks do eat bananas and it’s just a fruit, why are we having such an issue with fruit?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:02 pm I just came back from Rio, Brazil and this whole skin color wahala is even deeper there. It was just so sad that every local we saw who was close to our dark complexion was either homeless, begging or working in the back. It was super obvious and very sad. This thing is the world over, I work with a bunch of Indians who also say they have a dark skin segment in their country and they are also the poorest and most maltreated.

To me it’s sad when our own folks act like the world doesn’t use skin color to oppress people and don’t bat an eye or question why parents would go out of their way to do this unnecessary and extremely messy thing to their kids face when without it everyone still knows who the kids are dressing up as. Why is that so necessary when supporting a black hero, why don’t they do it for Asians etc - yellowing skin and slitting their eyes - I’m sure our resident ITKs would siding with the Asians saying that’s in poor taste. I’m sure they wouldn’t say Asians have a problem with their own skin color and eyes…I’m guessing they also don’t have an issue with throwing bananas at black players..after all black folks do eat bananas and it’s just a fruit, why are we having such an issue with fruit?
:clap:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:02 pm I just came back from Rio, Brazil and this whole skin color wahala is even deeper there. It was just so sad that every local we saw who was close to our dark complexion was either homeless, begging or working in the back. It was super obvious and very sad. This thing is the world over, I work with a bunch of Indians who also say they have a dark skin segment in their country and they are also the poorest and most maltreated.

...as the years gone by we continue to accept what white man think as derogatory of a black skin. We did this to ourselves, at least our ancestors who cowered to invading white men who boldly traveled thousands of miles across the sea to come monopolize us centuries ago, and still are doing so.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Lots of black players experience racism while playing in Italy. Black face is offensive and shouldn't be normalized or accepted.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Thats part of the problem right there.
Why is it “messy”?
Why is painting faces red for Halloween, or the hundreds of other reasons kids get their faces painted all sorts of colours not “messy”?
Someone else on this thread used the word “dirty”.

My take is that there is a peculiar negative association with the color when it comes to our skin that we have allowed racists people to dictate for us, seemingly for evermore.

It used to be like that with our hair and our lips. It changed when Oyibo started ‘appropriating’ them and somehow, it became ‘okay’ for us too. Mind you, that was after years of protesting about “Oyibo stealing my hair “.
Why can’t we just own our own shytt? Do we still have to go around chorusing “Black is beautiful!” and “I’m black and proud!” in 2023? For whose benefit?

Black skin is THEIR problem. Not ours.
“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”, but there’s a mental block for us when a white man chooses to imitate the way we look. In this case, even children are sucked into what they know nothing about.

Basically, it’s a tiny fraction of white racists still dictating how 1.3 billion of us feel about ourselves and our image, a century on. :roll:

Anyway, you already said it’s a dicey issue for you. I agree.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what a dummy ^^^^ this joker actually thought the entire essay he wrote made sense. It is easy to spot someone with no substance or thought process, they just write long , long , long pointless post with multiple paragraphs. This is a perfect example of someone finding it so hard to express themselves
SuperEagles