Adarabioyo completes switch of allegiance?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Adarabioyo completes switch of allegiance?

Post by airwolex »

SMH
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:48 pm I’ll take him with open arms. At least he didn’t do to us what Shola Ameobi did to us. That’s one guy that I was pissed we took to the WC. He didn’t want to play for us when he was young and agile and then came running to us when he was past his time.
This is the problem i have with you . You never research, You do know Adebarioyo is a bench warmer at Fulham
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

oyek wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:58 pm
This might be another Kevin Akpoguma/Bryan Idowu situation. The last time he saw international action was 8 years ago and is now looking to start his senior International career at 25. He's not a bad player so good luck to him but it might take him a while to get to grips with how things are done.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

My only problem is with the word "Switch". He can join the pool of average players we currently have, but please let's absolutely not use the word Switch. That suggests he had options.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:59 pm This might be another Kevin Akpoguma/Bryan Idowu situation. The last time he saw international action was 8 years ago and is now looking to start his senior International career at 25. He's not a bad player so good luck to him but it might take him a while to get to grips with how things are done.
Its not as if we have an abundance of CB choices strutting around the globe.
We are even having U20 rookies being suggested. That's the extent of CB options we are dealing with. How such young talents are suddenly expected to deal with African giants like Mo Sallah, Sadio Mane and Riyad Mahrez is a very long stretch.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:59 pm
Sunset wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:59 pm This might be another Kevin Akpoguma/Bryan Idowu situation. The last time he saw international action was 8 years ago and is now looking to start his senior International career at 25. He's not a bad player so good luck to him but it might take him a while to get to grips with how things are done.
We are even having U20 rookies being suggested. That's the extent of CB options we are dealing with. How such young talents are suddenly expected to deal with African giants like Mo Sallah, Sadio Mane and Riyad Mahrez is a very long stretch.
That has more to do with our poor scouting than anything else when we have the likes of:
Igoh Ogbu who just joined Slavia Prague
Bruno Onyeamechi at Boavista
Olisa Ndah who did pretty well at the AFCON and CAF Confederations Cup
Frank Tebo with Swedish Champions BK Hacken
And these are just the outsiders looking in so its all about them being given the opportunity than anything else here
Your point seems to be less about Tosin being a good fit and more about us not having options which isn't true, but lets not act like we haven't seen a 19 year old Omeruo handle Didier Drogba and co back in 2013
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:44 pm
That has more to do with our poor scouting than anything else when we have the likes of:
And these are just the outsiders looking in so its all about them being given the opportunity than anything else here
Your point seems to be less about Tosin being a good fit and more about us not having options which isn't true, but lets not act like we haven't seen a 19 year old Omeruo handle Didier Drogba and co back in 2013
If we had a string of friendlies lined up, it wouldnt be such an issue.
But I'm not sure we do.
You've seen how the results of 'ordinary' friendlies have caused such outrage and already there have been calls for Peseiro's head.

You talk as if we have the patience and the strength to weather the storm during transitional periods. The reason why we had 20 coaches in 20 years not long ago was for that very reason: sheer panic and an inability to plan and see through a long term strategy - sacking coaches left and right..

Pack a bunch of rookies in defence and when they beat us, you will hear the so-called cool heads slowly lose that cool. Next thing, coach is gone, players are insulted and the NFF is under pressure all over again.

That's just friendlies o.
Don't even think about experimenting in competitive games!
DNQ second time around? :rotf:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

packerland wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:48 pm I’ll take him with open arms. At least he didn’t do to us what Shola Ameobi did to us. That’s one guy that I was pissed we took to the WC. He didn’t want to play for us when he was young and agile and then came running to us when he was past his time.
And Uncle Cellular was here celebrating. 2013 & 2014 was rough.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This story might not even be true…..
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigeria didn’t have to take him to a World Cup though,Ameobi was past his short lived best and the NFF dug him up when he was buried!
At least this kid is still in his mid 20s and is playing in a position where Nigeria needs more options.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:53 pm
Nigeria didn’t have to take him to a World Cup though,Ameobi was past his short lived best and the NFF dug him up when he was buried!
At least this kid is still in his mid 20s and is playing in a position where Nigeria needs more options.
Yep! Ameobi going to the WC was undeserving.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

packerland wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:13 pm
It's even more galling that he took the place of IK Uche, denying him the opportunity of going to a WC.
I am happy
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I'm hearing Adarabioyo is still holding out for England.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:50 pm
This is the problem i have with you . You never research, You do know Adebarioyo is a bench warmer at Fulham
Shatap! I watch games too. Did I say put him in the team right away? He’ll have to earn his call up just like every other player. The only thing that changed with this switch is that when you see him on FIFA, he’ll have the GWG flag next to his name. Don’t forget Alabama was not known when he was begging to play for us. Why wait until he becomes a budding star then have to fight with England with our incompetent NFF that don’t know how to recruit players.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Dammy wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:54 pm
It's even more galling that he took the place of IK Uche, denying him the opportunity of going to a WC.
That was unfair. The Garri Master was a baller. He pissed Keshi off during the group stages of ANC but the guy deserved to go to the WC over some of the bench scrubs Keshi took to the WC.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

packerland wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:28 pm
Dammy wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:54 pm
That was unfair. The Garri Master was a baller. He pissed Keshi off during the group stages of ANC but the guy deserved to go to the WC over some of the bench scrubs Keshi took to the WC.

2014 world cup was a missed opportunity for us. We could have reached at least the Qfinals if Keshi picked the right players.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:11 pm
Sunset wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:44 pm
If we had a string of friendlies lined up, it wouldnt be such an issue.
But I'm not sure we do.
You've seen how the results of 'ordinary' friendlies have caused such outrage and already there have been calls for Peseiro's head.

You talk as if we have the patience and the strength to weather the storm during transitional periods. The reason why we had 20 coaches in 20 years not long ago was for that very reason: sheer panic and an inability to plan and see through a long term strategy - sacking coaches left and right..

Pack a bunch of rookies in defence and when they beat us, you will hear the so-called cool heads slowly lose that cool. Next thing, coach is gone, players are insulted and the NFF is under pressure all over again.

That's just friendlies o.
Don't even think about experimenting in competitive games!
DNQ second time around? :rotf:
No where did I even say these guys should jump straight to a starting position in a competitive game, the point is they should be given an opportunity if its just to train with the squad at the very least, but we have friendlies every year so lets not act like they're anomalies here.
This idea is very similar to what landed us in our midfield dilemma so being afraid to make mistakes is a weak approach. And didn't we just lose a friendly against a World Cup Bound Costa Rica team with a bunch of rookies in Defence? Where the right side were U20 while the left side were U23.The majority of those who watched the game had far more positives takes from it.

And losing four friendlies isn't the end of the world but should be a cause for concern IMO.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:56 pm No where did I even say these guys should jump straight to a starting position in a competitive game, the point is they should be given an opportunity if its just to train with the squad at the very least, but we have friendlies every year so lets not act like they're anomalies here.
This idea is very similar to what landed us in our midfield dilemma so being afraid to make mistakes is a weak approach. And didn't we just lose a friendly against a World Cup Bound Costa Rica team with a bunch of rookies in Defence? Where the right side were U20 while the left side were U23.The majority of those who watched the game had far more positives takes from it.

And losing four friendlies isn't the end of the world but should be a cause for concern IMO.
I agree with you on the need to test players out. I’m not contesting that.
I’m just pointing out how intolerant we are as a nation and particularly as fans when things don’t happen now-now.

That intolerance translates directly to coaches and they’ll rather play safe than test out rookies, especially if there’s a limited number of friendlies available.

And you’ve seen how bad results even in friendlies (which, when convenient, we say “don’t really matter”) have caused a nasty backlash. Next thing, we are looking for another coach.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:21 pm
Sunset wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:56 pm No where did I even say these guys should jump straight to a starting position in a competitive game, the point is they should be given an opportunity if its just to train with the squad at the very least, but we have friendlies every year so lets not act like they're anomalies here.

I’m just pointing out how intolerant we are as a nation and particularly as fans when things don’t happen now-now.

That intolerance translates directly to coaches and they’ll rather play safe than test out rookies, especially if there’s a limited number of friendlies available.

And you’ve seen how bad results even in friendlies (which, when convenient, we say “don’t really matter”) have caused a nasty backlash. Next thing, we are looking for another coach.
But we've also seen it go the other way, getting carried away over friendly victories (Argentina 2011 & 2017) which in return had people in lala land. It's all about being balanced in this regard but I don't recall a coach ever getting fired due to results in friendly matches, taking them too seriously is a big red flag
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:clap:
Sunset wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:36 pm

But we've also seen it go the other way, getting carried away over friendly victories (Argentina 2011 & 2017) which in return had people in lala land. It's all about being balanced in this regard but I don't recall a coach ever getting fired due to results in friendly matches, taking them too seriously is a big red flag
:clap: :clap: :clap: you just exposed him, dude makes up stuff left and right
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Well it all adds up when the shouting starts. Anything goes.
You’ve not heard calls for Peseiro to be sacked already?
People like Fatporkey will even list 3-0 “defeats” to Algeria as part of their case (the game anvtually ended 1-1).

You can’t trust people to be honest nowadays.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:00 pm :clap:

Like “ALGERIA 3 NIGERIA O” abi?
Bloody hypocrite.
“Make stuff up” your fat yansh. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:31 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:00 pm :clap:

Like “ALGERIA 3 NIGERIA O” abi?
Bloody hypocrite.
“Make stuff up” your fat yansh. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
10 November 2017
20:30 UTC+1
Algeria 3–0
[note 2] Nigeria
SuperEagles