Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 (0) vs Guinea (0) - AFCON Qualifier 1st Leg

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 66241
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 AFCON Qualifier vs Guinea - NFF includes Gift Orban

Post by ohenhen1 »

Salisu shouldn’t be in charge after the bribery scandal. You now have age falsification scandal and players from Azerbaijan been invited. Age falsification will not give you an advantage at the U23 level but it will hurt Nigeria Long term.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 18214
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 AFCON Qualifier vs Guinea - NFF includes Gift Orban

Post by vancity eagle »

How are these the best U23 players we have ?

They just threw in Gift Orban and thought we would ignore the rest of the rubbish.

Only when we miss another WC, maybe these clowns will take things seriously.
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 25987
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 AFCON Qualifier vs Guinea - NFF includes Gift Orban

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:45 pm How are these the best U23 players we have ?

They just threw in Gift Orban and thought we would ignore the rest of the rubbish.

Only when we miss another WC, maybe these clowns will take things seriously.
Gent will never release orban and thankfully so. Let Salisu qualify with his bush players.
OCCUPY NFF!!
User avatar
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26941
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Location: your girls place
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 AFCON Qualifier vs Guinea - NFF includes Gift Orban

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:45 pm How are these the best U23 players we have ?

They just threw in Gift Orban and thought we would ignore the rest of the rubbish.

Only when we miss another WC, maybe these clowns will take things seriously.
They didn't even want Orban. Yusuf didn't invite him. It was the NFF that had to intervene. Can you imagine?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
olu
Egg
Egg
Posts: 3497
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 AFCON Qualifier vs Guinea - NFF includes Gift Orban

Post by olu »

Most of the clubs in western Europe probably won't release players for this game anyway, so it probably makes more sense for the NFF to focus on the local based players at the moment.
User avatar
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26941
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Location: your girls place
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 AFCON Qualifier vs Guinea - NFF includes Gift Orban

Post by bret- hart »

olu wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:02 pm Most of the clubs in western Europe probably won't release players for this game anyway, so it probably makes more sense for the NFF to focus on the local based players at the moment.
It's on a fifa window so they will release the players. Guinea brought their foreign pros while we called up a bunch of bums.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
olu
Egg
Egg
Posts: 3497
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 AFCON Qualifier vs Guinea - NFF includes Gift Orban

Post by olu »

If the clubs are required to release the players, then it's really disheartening that Salisu/NFF invited players from Latvia, Azerbaijan, Malta, and backwater leagues/clubs. How did they even scout or watch these players?
bret- hart wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:17 pm
olu wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:02 pm Most of the clubs in western Europe probably won't release players for this game anyway, so it probably makes more sense for the NFF to focus on the local based players at the moment.
It's on a fifa window so they will release the players. Guinea brought their foreign pros while we called up a bunch of bums.
Showboy
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:36 am
Location: UK
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 AFCON Qualifier vs Guinea - NFF includes Gift Orban

Post by Showboy »

With Salisu in charge do you really want the answer to that question? 😏
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
User avatar
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
Posts: 6098
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 AFCON Qualifier vs Guinea - NFF includes Gift Orban

Post by Ugbowo »

Orban is apparently not coming.
User avatar
Damunk
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 49915
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 AFCON Qualifier vs Guinea - NFF includes Gift Orban

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:20 am If the clubs are required to release the players, then it's really disheartening that Salisu/NFF invited players from Latvia, Azerbaijan, Malta, and backwater leagues/clubs. How did they even scout or watch these players?
bret- hart wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:17 pm
olu wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:02 pm Most of the clubs in western Europe probably won't release players for this game anyway, so it probably makes more sense for the NFF to focus on the local based players at the moment.
It's on a fifa window so they will release the players. Guinea brought their foreign pros while we called up a bunch of bums.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Showboy
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:36 am
Location: UK
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 AFCON Qualifier vs Guinea - NFF includes Gift Orban

Post by Showboy »

olu wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:20 am If the clubs are required to release the players, then it's really disheartening that Salisu/NFF invited players from Latvia, Azerbaijan, Malta, and backwater leagues/clubs. How did they even scout or watch these players?
bret- hart wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:17 pm
olu wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:02 pm Most of the clubs in western Europe probably won't release players for this game anyway, so it probably makes more sense for the NFF to focus on the local based players at the moment.
It's on a fifa window so they will release the players. Guinea brought their foreign pros while we called up a bunch of bums.
With Salisu in charge do you really want the answer to that question? 😏
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
User avatar
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 15712
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Location: South London
Contact:
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 AFCON Qualifier vs Guinea - NFF includes Gift Orban

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Failure!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
User avatar
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Posts: 4955
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 AFCON Qualifier vs Guinea - NFF includes Gift Orban

Post by Flex Swift »

Update: Nigeria U23 0 Guinea U23 0 Ft
User avatar
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 11347
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:01 pm
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 AFCON Qualifier vs Guinea - NFF includes Gift Orban

Post by Sunset »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:02 pm Update: Nigeria U23 0 Guinea U23 0 Ft
The starting XI
User avatar
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 45125
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Location: The Kingdom
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23 (0) vs Guinea (0) - AFCON Qualifier 1st Leg

Post by Lolly »

Guinea was always going to be tough. Let’s see if they can pull it off in Conakry.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Post Reply