Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23's vs Guinea - AFCON Qualifier

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Salisu Yusuf calls up 16 Foreign based players for U23's vs Guinea - AFCON Qualifier

Post by Sunset »

Far from a perfect list, but it's good to see the likes of Malomo, Divine, Tanimu and Suur getting rewarded for their performances in the NPFL. The Goalkeeping position is the biggest worry here
Last edited by Sunset on Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Salisu Yusuf calls up 30 players for U23 AFCON Qualifier vs Guinea

Post by bret- hart »

No foreign based?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

How many paid?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:43 pm No foreign based?
Most foreign leagues are active as we speak while the rest (Scandinavia) are in pre-season mode, it wouldn't make any practical sense to release a player just to be in camp, but I'm sure we'll get a couple as these two games fall under the International window
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Another Afcon?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:26 pm Another Afcon?
Olympics for this one I think
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:18 pm
We’re really not a serious people. Here we are in 2023 after having DNQ for the last WC and a talent pool that’s getting smaller.what do we do? We hand over the next generation to $ali$u and Bo$$o. You just can’t make this Shyte up.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:11 pm
We’re really not a serious people. Here we are in 2023 after having DNQ for the last WC and a talent pool that’s getting smaller.what do we do? We hand over the next generation to $ali$u and Bo$$o. You just can’t make this Shyte up.
We are the only country that does this nonsense, recycling garbage everytime, you can't tell we can't find serious coaches across Nigeria in a nation of almost 200 million football crazy people, it's simply unacceptable.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:20 am
We are the only country that does this nonsense, recycling garbage everytime, you can't tell we can't find serious coaches across Nigeria in a nation of almost 200 million football crazy people, it's simply unacceptable.
Nah…some folks here think those two are the best thing since slice bread because they know the local players very well. At this point I’m starting to think these corrupt coaches give kickbacks to the people that employ them. We can’t be serious!! Smh
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Maybe they actually are the best we have?
Cos as much as we have many real followers of the game here, nobody is able to demonstrate who all these great local coaches are.
If we are lucky, names are named but little or nothing to back up the claims of competence.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:44 pm
Nah…some folks here think those two are the best thing since slice bread because they know the local players very well. At this point I’m starting to think these corrupt coaches give kickbacks to the people that employ them. We can’t be serious!! Smh
We really should be spoilt for choice with local coaches but for some reason we’re not.
I don’t think corruption explains it.
One day we will tell ourselves the truth.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

So apparently Ahmed Jimoh is 20 even though he has been active for over a decade now? :boo:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sunset wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:40 am So apparently Ahmed Jimoh is 20 even though he has been active for over a decade now? :boo:
Kai :laugh: :rotf:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Just looking at the team that faced Tanzania in the previous round (excluding the FB players), it's quite odd that the duo of Ibrahim Yahaya & Dominion Ohaka were good enough to start for the U23's but didn't make the U20 AFCON squad and are now not even considered for this squad that has a number of unknown players
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:43 am
Sunset wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:40 am So apparently Ahmed Jimoh is 20 even though he has been active for over a decade now? :boo:

Kai...see ojoro. :laugh:

I'm gonna have to call onku Sunset out on this and ask for evidence . Kai... :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

You need to see other pics of him without the clean shave.
Alarming.
What type of background evidence do these coaches even ask for sef?
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

Sunset wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:56 am Just looking at the team that faced Tanzania in the previous round (excluding the FB players), it's quite odd that the duo of Ibrahim Yahaya & Dominion Ohaka were good enough to start for the U23's but didn't make the U20 AFCON squad and are now not even considered for this squad that has a number of unknown players
Bros, do you know if the Bameyi in that U23 squad who was on the bench in the match and the one currently playing for the U20 in Egypt are different people? By some strange coincidence, they both play for the same Yum Yum club.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:13 am
You need to see other pics of him without the clean shave.
Alarming.
What type of background evidence do these coaches even ask for sef?
I don’t believe those coaches are ignorant. They’ve been involved in Nigerian football for many years and have contacts in the same field.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ahmed-jim ... ler/680723

Ahmed Jimoh this dude do not look 20 and he must be called out
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:55 pm
Sunset wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:56 am Just looking at the team that faced Tanzania in the previous round (excluding the FB players), it's quite odd that the duo of Ibrahim Yahaya & Dominion Ohaka were good enough to start for the U23's but didn't make the U20 AFCON squad and are now not even considered for this squad that has a number of unknown players
Bros, do you know if the Bameyi in that U23 squad who was on the bench in the match and the one currently playing for the U20 in Egypt are different people? By some strange coincidence, they both play for the same Yum Yum club.
It's the same guy, he also played the friendly vs Costa Rica
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

Sunset wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:08 pm
So why the change of name from Calocho to David?

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:40 pm
Sunset wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:08 pm
So why the change of name from Calocho to David?
Daniel's his first name, Kalocho is the middle name.

https://images.cafonline.com/image/uplo ... cwqsm3.pdf