Nigeria 4 Tunisia 0 under 20 cup of nations third place match

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 4 Tunisia 0 under 20 cup of nations third place match

Post by Dammy »

This team need tweaking and not wholesale changes. The team got better as the competition progressed and they have a good central defence partnership and midfield. The U20 WC is in May and the spine of the team is already in place. Maybe 3 to 4 additions maximum is needed to beef up the squad. Also the NFF needs to organise quality friendlies for the team.
Congratulations to the Flying Eagles, we didn't even qualify for the last edition of the U20 AFCON.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 2 Tunisia 0 under 20 cup of nations third place match

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:59 pm
naijaguy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:39 pm
Sunset wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:36 pm
naijaguy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:33 pm
Sunset wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:27 pm
naijaguy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:20 pm
Cito wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:17 pm

So what is the conclusion? The coach knows better than you or is he a clown going by his sub scored within minutes of coming on.
It shows he has strikers who can score on the bench and has been playing chicken heads all along.
And it wasn't the sub that scored.
FYI this Tunisian team has conceded 9 goals in their last 3 games in the tournament :|
This stat is not correct. Check again.
They're down 3 - 0 in this game, lost 3-0 to Senegal and conceded 3 vs Congo...
Thought you meant last 3 games before this one
Make that 10 in their last 3. I'm happy our boys were able to express themselves but lets not get carried away with this result
Your statistic is somewhat misleading.

Congo was a 3-3 back and forth game.

We beat them 4-0. The only other team to trash Tunisia was Senegal who have been a level beyond every one else. So today should not really be downplayed.

Had Bosso played Abdullahi and Jude Sunday instead of his other unproductive wastepipes, things could have been different.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:03 pm
Sunset wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:59 pm
naijaguy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:39 pm
Sunset wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:36 pm
naijaguy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:33 pm
Sunset wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:27 pm
naijaguy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:20 pm
It shows he has strikers who can score on the bench and has been playing chicken heads all along.
And it wasn't the sub that scored.
FYI this Tunisian team has conceded 9 goals in their last 3 games in the tournament :|
This stat is not correct. Check again.
They're down 3 - 0 in this game, lost 3-0 to Senegal and conceded 3 vs Congo...
Thought you meant last 3 games before this one
Make that 10 in their last 3. I'm happy our boys were able to express themselves but lets not get carried away with this result
Your statistic is somewhat misleading.

Congo was a 3-3 back and forth game.

We beat them 4-0. The only other team to trash Tunisia was Senegal who have been a level beyond every one else. So today should not really be downplayed.

Had Bosso played Abdullahi and Jude Sunday instead of his other unproductive wastepipes, things could have been different.
Storyman! Was that not the same Abdullahi that missed 3 clear-cut chances against Gambia including the Penalty? The facts are simple Tunisia conceded 10 goals in 3 games I could care less about your late night fantasies here. Not to mention there were next to zero stakes in this gam.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Sunset wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:09 pm
Storyman! Was that not the same Abdullahi that missed 3 clear-cut chances against Gambia including the Penalty? The facts are simple Tunisia conceded 10 goals in 3 games I could care less about your late night fantasies here. Not to mention there were next to zero stakes in this gam.
The team will need major reinforcement to do anything of note at the worldcup. Starting with the coach.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

CONGRATS LADS…
Now, to ring a handful of (primarily attacking) changes before the WC.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cito wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:19 pmThe team will need major reinforcement to do anything of note at the worldcup. Starting with the coach.
The team doesn’t need “major reinforcement”…
Just a handful of (primarily attacking) additions will suffice.

Daniel Daga should be back to run the midfield…
But the team needs players who create (in midfield) and finish (upfront).

Meanwhile, players whose clubs refused to release…
Can come in to provide depth (eg, Oyelake who was so good at LB at WAFU B).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 2 Tunisia 0 under 20 cup of nations third place ma

Post by Gotti »

Cito wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:19 pmThe team will need major reinforcement to do anything of note at the worldcup. Starting with the coach.
As for Coach Bosso, who’s a poor man’s Agent Rohr…
Just as I’ve said about the shockingly limited Randy Waldrum, it’s too late to change coaches before the WC.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sunset wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:59 pmMake that 10 in their last 3. I'm happy our boys were able to express themselves but lets not get carried away with this result
Apart from us, Senegal was the only team that trashed Tunisia…
Even Gambia could only beat them with a late girl in the 85th minute.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Cito wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:19 pm
Sunset wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:09 pm
The team will need major reinforcement to do anything of note at the worldcup. Starting with the coach.
I think you're exaggerating with this as the teams biggest issue being cohesion in the final third and that's more as a result of missing key players there. The only position I'd say there's some concern is in CF and for Bosso to play Adams (a Right winger) there says a lot. Hopefully Genk would release Victory Beniangba for the WYC. Same with Akinsanmiro at Inter
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

our #9 Abdulahi where does he play for? He is on a different level he will go places in the long run with a great coach I like him
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The midfield and attack needs major reinforcements. Most importantly Bo$$o needs to go.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ochedikwu is actually an exciting midfielder, why did this Bozzo clown have him on the bench all along? Several of the non-starters today actually looked far better than some of the players that have been starting in this tournament (once again poor judgment from Bozzo).

The team isn't so bad, solid defense and promising midfield...the attack is where major tune ups are needed for the world cup proper, add the likes of Akinsanmiro,Beniangba, Joel Ideho and the crystal Palace lads to this team and we should cook good.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:23 pm The midfield and attack needs major reinforcements. Most importantly Bo$$o needs to go.
Not really we have good players, our coach needs to coach more about cohesiveness and structure in play
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:23 pm The midfield and attack needs major reinforcements. Most importantly Bo$$o needs to go.
Midfield isn't that bad, the Ochedikwu lad looked promising, add Daga, Aminu, Akinsanmiro and hopefully Ayaosi and we should be good. It's the attack that needs major reinforcements.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

omey2k4 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:26 pm
Not really we have good players, our coach needs to coach more about cohesiveness and structure in play
Na omey2k be dis? :shock: Sappanin mein? :laugh:
Abeg let them leave Bosso alone alone o. I wasn’t a fan but the guy got results,WYC qualification and Bronze. He deserves the chance to finish his work instead rushing in another Olodo coach. Who should replace him? Eguavoen? Hell naw.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:28 pm
Midfield isn't that bad, the Ochedikwu lad looked promising, add Daga, Aminu, Akinsanmiro and hopefully Ayaosi and we should be good. It's the attack that needs major reinforcements.
Guy you think that corrupt PE teacher will call up better players like Ayaosi and Ebenezer? Dude will use the WC to sell trash players like Bameyi and Ayuba Francis to teams in Albania.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Gotti wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:38 pm
The team doesn’t need “major reinforcement”…
Just a handful of (primarily attacking) additions will suffice.

Daniel Daga should be back to run the midfield…
But the team needs players who create (in midfield) and finish (upfront).

Meanwhile, players whose clubs refused to release…
Can come in to provide depth (eg, Oyelake who was so good at LB at WAFU B).
This doesn't track though, If you need players in midfield, upfront and the non released ones, is that not a major reinforcement? :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 3 Tunisia 0 under 20 cup of nations third place match

Post by jette1 »

naijaguy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:51 pm Goooal
4-0
But we would have lost Had we used the white pretty Jersey; So no one noticed that not even the senior Team has won any game wearing the white Jersey :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cito wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:39 pmThis doesn't track though, If you need players in midfield, upfront and the non released ones, is that not a major reinforcement? :D
Nope! Just a tweak…
Don’t need more than 3-5 additions (while retaining 16-18 players).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Jude Sunday with two great goals. Should have started every game, instead of Sarki.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Gotti wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:04 pm
Cito wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:39 pmThis doesn't track though, If you need players in midfield, upfront and the non released ones, is that not a major reinforcement? :D
Nope! Just a tweak…
Don’t need more than 3-5 additions (while retaining 16-18 players).
Changing a team by 25% within a short period of time is minor?

Each team is allowed 21 players for the worldcup. Remove 3 GK from that and you have 18 outfield players. You replace 5 with reinforcements and that's 28% change to the outfield and you call that minor?

Anyways, I believe this team needs major personnel changes /additions/returns(Daga) in Midfield and Forward. :D
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Really feeling that Jude Sunday kid. Good dribbler and shoots well with both feet. He came from the same academy that produced Victor Boniface. I see him moving to Europe very soon. Shame on Bosso for not utilizing him in the competition. Useless PE teacher coach 😠

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:42 am Really feeling that Jude Sunday kid. Good dribbler and shoots well with both feet. He came from the same academy that produced Victor Boniface. I see him moving to Europe very soon. Shame on Bosso for not utilizing him in the competition. Useless PE teacher coach 😠
You could see Sundays class even in his previous matches. Hope he develops well.