We need to talk about Gift Orban (14 goals, 2 assists since 11th Feb)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: We need to talk about Gift Orban

Post by King Futcha »

1naija wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:52 pm Boomer Sooner Super fan, who is Diana Hart? Is he the same as Bret Fart?

Bret Dirty Diana Fart, come in here. Come and explanate yourself as zebrudaya would say!
King Futcha wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:10 pm
bret- hart wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:50 am
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:36 am
bret- hart wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:32 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:47 pm
bret- hart wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:22 pm You can't teach this level of Ballership. Dude is going to be a superstar. If they don't call him up for the u23, me and Yusuf will fight.
So you will fight Bosso and Yusuf, that's quite a handful :taunt:
I will knack bottle for im head if Orban is not called up. The boy can also play for Togo so we cannot afford to lose him.
Kai, I didn't even know he was eligible to play for Togo by reason of birthplace, good thing we won't have to worry about losing him to Togo based on their football pedigree (at the risk of sounding arrogant), surely no serious minded coach will overlook his current form, the kid is legit.
I could be wrong tho. He did spend time in Togo. Also according to transfmarkt he is Nigerian only( I see just the Naija flag). Dont think he was born there or have Togolese roots but still we cant take any chances.
we have history, diana hart is finally right about something, after twenty years on the site. i personally hope he declares for Togo.
good morning sooner hall of famer.

yes, our useless poster on ce is diana hart, sister of the legend bret hart, wife of the late davey boy smith

Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Biitch Futcha who did you sleep with to become an Admin here? Was it Yujam? TFCO? Kongi? 1Naija? Gaylani? Tell the truth you punk a$$ biitach? You dont like Nigeria, you wish our dear Super eagles nothing but failure yet here you are as an Admin. Useless 304.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:00 am Biitch Futcha who did you sleep with to become an Admin here? Was it Yujam? TFCO? Kongi? 1Naija? Gaylani? Tell the truth you punk a$$ biitach? You dont like Nigeria, you wish our dear Super eagles nothing but failure yet here you are as an Admin. Useless 304.
like pharell you should be happy for me, like i am happy for you that you finally left the streets and joined the agent business, keep at it one day you may be successful.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Didn't see anyone catch this on Sunday. Orban not among the goals this time (but almost scored in under 30 seconds), but has a splendid assist (superb first touch and than pass with the outside of his foot) and forces an own goal.

Early days, but I think we have a superstae.

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Gift Orban back in action:
2 goals and an assist in the Belgian league (20 minutes to go).

He has scored 14 goals and had 2 assists since his Belgian league debut on 8 March.

I know it's just the Belgian league, but this guy is lasting only half a season in Belgium...

Goal 1:

Goal 2:

Assist:
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: We need to talk about Gift Orban (14 goals, 2 assists since 11th Feb)

Post by marutimon »

Orban comes off, so that's his tally for the day
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Who needs Gift Orban when you have World cup scoring Ahmed Musa chasing his 3rd world cup.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:55 pm Who needs Gift Orban when you have World cup scoring Ahmed Musa chasing his 3rd world cup.
Even Messi needs a competent sub! We've found ours for Musa!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I see a good player that gets good service from his teammates. I do not see anything special about him yet.
OCCUPY NFF!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

WTF does this always happen? (Nigeria's best players playing in the same position meaning that most of them cannot get in the first 11)

The forward position is turning into Nigeria's equivalent of England's RB position. Too many good players to fit in. With a world class striker like Osimhen around, the other forwards will spend their international careers sitting on the bench or waiting for Osimhen to be injured or suspended.
Last edited by wiseone on Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:23 am I see a good player that gets good service from his teammates. I do not see anything special about him yet.
The boy is useless :boo:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wiseone wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:42 am WTF does this always happen? (Nigeria's best players playing in the same position meaning that most of them cannot get in the first 11)
The forward position is turning into Nigeria's equivalent of England's RB position. Too many good players to fit in. With a world class striker like Osimhen around, the other forwards will spend their international careers sitting on the bench or waiting for Osimhen to be injured or suspended.
You don get am.
Imagine Benin or Cameroon seeking the signature of players like Moffi, Sadiq or this young Orban if they had dual nationality.
Then some dumba$$ journalist will come and label them ‘rejects’. :rotf:

Pls Baba God. Bless us with some real top quality central defenders.
Just two.
We will find a way with the rest.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

wiseone wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:42 am WTF does this always happen? (Nigeria's best players playing in the same position meaning that most of them cannot get in the first 11)

But Orban is complimentary to Osimhen. Different type of striker: second striker or even maybe could be tested as an AM or a false nine.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The current SE team is starting to resemble the 1990s teams (too many forwards to fit in, terrible GKs and defenders). It reminds me of when Babangida (who was tearing the great Paolo Maldini a new one in the Champions League) could not get in the team because Finidi George was playing in his position. Then Akpoborie (banging in goals and one of the top scorers in Germany 🇩🇪 ) could not get in the team either because Kanu, Ikpeba, Amokachi, and Yekini were playing in his position. Then at the other end of the pitch who remembers the cruel and unusual defending experiments with Emenalo (a 3rd division player) at LB, Oparaku, and Okunowo, and some awful goalkeeping by the likes of Akanji and Baruwa? (even Rufai had his dodgy moments)

It feels like Nigerian football entered a Time Machine and went 30 years back in time.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

wiseone wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:01 pm The current SE team is starting to resemble the 1990s teams (too many forwards to fit in, terrible GKs and defenders). It reminds me of when Babangida (who was tearing the great Paolo Maldini a new one in the Champions League) could not get in the team because Finidi George was playing in his position. Then Akpoborie (banging in goals and one of the top scorers in Germany 🇩🇪 ) could not get in the team either because Kanu, Ikpeba, Amokachi, and Yekini were playing in his position. Then at the other end of the pitch who remembers the cruel and unusual defending experiments with Emenalo (a 3rd division player) at LB, Oparaku, and Okunowo, and some awful goalkeeping by the likes of Akanji and Baruwa? (even Rufai had his dodgy moments)

It feels like Nigerian football entered a Time Machine and went 30 years back in time.
Main difference we had world class midfielders like Okocha or Oliseh backed up by decent midfielders like Adepoju, Lawal, Oruma and Oliha. Nigeria has Iwobi and a declining Ndidi.

So as it stands we have quality in wings and up front, decent LBs and RBs, but no midfield, centre defence or good GKs.

That's why I would try someone like Orban not as a striker, but as a provider (AM). Sort of our Messi.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

wiseone wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:01 pm The current SE team is starting to resemble the 1990s teams (too many forwards to fit in, terrible GKs and defenders). It reminds me of when Babangida (who was tearing the great Paolo Maldini a new one in the Champions League) could not get in the team because Finidi George was playing in his position. Then Akpoborie (banging in goals and one of the top scorers in Germany 🇩🇪 ) could not get in the team either because Kanu, Ikpeba, Amokachi, and Yekini were playing in his position. Then at the other end of the pitch who remembers the cruel and unusual defending experiments with Emenalo (a 3rd division player) at LB, Oparaku, and Okunowo, and some awful goalkeeping by the likes of Akanji and Baruwa? (even Rufai had his dodgy moments)

Akpoborie and Ikpeba were kept out by the mafia. I believe Keshi started the Mafia thing then Amokachi took over. Amo might be a legend but he had an hand in some players exclusion from the team. Kinda like how Michael Jordan made sure Isiah Thomas was excluded from the US Olympic basketball team.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

marutimon wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:59 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:55 pm Who needs Gift Orban when you have World cup scoring Ahmed Musa chasing his 3rd world cup.
Even Messi needs a competent sub! We've found ours for Musa!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: u already have Onuachu.....dont be greedy
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

“no midfield, centre defence or good GKs” = the team has no spine.

GK, CD, and CM are the most important positions on the pitch because they run right through the middle/spine of the team. Teams can win without lethal forwards (eg. nick 1-0 wins by scoring on the counter-attack or from set pieces). Think of the famous “1-0 to the Arsenal teams” under George Graham, or even Man City winning the EPL and nearly winning the Champions League without a striker.

However, even if a team has prime Messi and Ronaldo up front, they will lose 6-5 if they have dodgy GKs, CDs, and CMs.
marutimon wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:16 pm

So as it stands we have quality in wings and up front, decent LBs and RBs, but no midfield, centre defence or good GKs..
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He is not winning friends at Arsenal.

kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

wiseone wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:43 pm He is not winning friends at Arsenal.

If I were him, I would walk this back…quite a ways. It is a long way from Gent to Arsenal
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kawawa wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:47 pm
wiseone wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:43 pm He is not winning friends at Arsenal.

If I were him, I would walk this back…quite a ways. It is a long way from Gent to Arsenal
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Arsenal fan all hurt and up in his feelings because footballers are telling you that your club is sh1t. :woot: Hope you now see what footballers think of your club.

Long way ko, short way ni! What has Arsenal achieved that Gent has not?

Gent has been in the CL as recent as 2 years ago, when last did Arsenal play CL? Arrogance! Talking about "its a long way from Gent to Arsenal." This is why you club and your fans are hated around the world. Open your mouth with arrogance and talk nonsense, raising your weak and empty shoulders
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

leave Belgium first to see what you can do, even go to Holland or France or get a contract in Germany or Italy or Spain/England .goodluck!
thanks
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

delisyomie don wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:19 pm leave Belgium first to see what you can do, even go to Holland or France or get a contract in Germany or Italy or Spain/England .goodluck!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Arsenal fans all in their feelings, hurt and weeping because Orban had the guts to speak the truth. Rather than support your fellow Nigerian, look at these babies taking sides with their white master. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?