Enyeama named best African Goalie of all time

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Enyeama named best African Goalie of all time

Post by maceo4 »

Haters gone hate, but the facts is out! Men lie women lie numbers don’t lie! There was some cab driver not long ago throwing shade on the greatest, abeg they better come aporojise! :taunt:

https://soccernet.ng/2023/03/iffhs-supe ... e.html/amp

In a recent announcement, the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS) has named Vincent Enyeama as the greatest African goalkeeper of all time.

Enyeama was selected based on his outstanding performances for club and country during a career that spanned over a decade.

Enyeama played for several clubs, including Enyimba International, Bnei Yehuda, Hapoel Tel Aviv, and Lille, among others.

He also represented the Nigerian national team in three World Cup tournaments and played a crucial role in the team’s victory in the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

The IFFHS, a non-profit organization based in Germany, ranks the performance of football players and coaches worldwide.

Enyeama’s selection as the best African goalkeeper of all time puts him ahead of other legendary goalkeepers from the continent, including Joseph-Antoine Bell, Thomas N’Kono, and Essam El-Hadary.

Enyeama’s remarkable career as a goalkeeper is backed by his numerous individual awards, including being named the best goalkeeper in the Israeli Premier League three times and the best goalkeeper in Ligue 1 in the 2013-2014 season. He also holds the record for the most clean sheets in a season in the French top flight, with 21 shutouts in 2013-2014.

The former shot-stopper is often regarded as Nigeria’s greatest goalkeeper ever and is considered by many as Lille’s finest of all time.

Enyeama’s achievement is a significant recognition of the talents and contributions of African players to the beautiful game of football. It is also a reminder of the importance of acknowledging the accomplishments of footballers beyond the major leagues in Europe and South America.

The IFFHS All-Time Ranking, which covers the period from 1987 to 2022, also includes the best goalkeepers from other regions, such as Gianluigi Buffon (Italy) for UEFA, Jose Luis Chilavert (Paraguay) for CONMEBOL, Mohamed Abdullaziz Al-Deayea (Saudi Arabia) for AFC, Keylor Navas (Costa Rica) for CONCACAF, and Mark Bosnich (Australia) for Oceania.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Enyeama named best African Goalie of all time

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The top 3 are definitely the best African goalies ever no doubt. Imho, it’s between Vince and Nkono. I’d probably give it to Nkono because he was the first African goalie to perform at the highest level of performance at the World Cup and get to the 1/4 finals though Vince had performances that were just as impressive at the WC. Both are lengendary goalies!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:42 am The top 3 are definitely the best African goalies ever no doubt. Imho, it’s between Vince and Nkono. I’d probably give it to Nkono because he was the first African goalie to perform at the highest level of performance at the World Cup and get to the 1/4 finals though Vince had performances that were just as impressive at the WC. Both are lengendary goalies!
be honest, how often did you watch Nkono and i mean not youtube
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:53 pm Haters gone hate, but the facts is out! Men lie women lie numbers don’t lie! There was some cab driver not long ago throwing shade on the greatest, abeg they better come aporojise! :taunt:

https://soccernet.ng/2023/03/iffhs-supe ... e.html/amp

In a recent announcement, the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS) has named Vincent Enyeama as the greatest African goalkeeper of all time.

Enyeama was selected based on his outstanding performances for club and country during a career that spanned over a decade.

Enyeama played for several clubs, including Enyimba International, Bnei Yehuda, Hapoel Tel Aviv, and Lille, among others.

He also represented the Nigerian national team in three World Cup tournaments and played a crucial role in the team’s victory in the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

The IFFHS, a non-profit organization based in Germany, ranks the performance of football players and coaches worldwide.

Enyeama’s selection as the best African goalkeeper of all time puts him ahead of other legendary goalkeepers from the continent, including Joseph-Antoine Bell, Thomas N’Kono, and Essam El-Hadary.

Enyeama’s remarkable career as a goalkeeper is backed by his numerous individual awards, including being named the best goalkeeper in the Israeli Premier League three times and the best goalkeeper in Ligue 1 in the 2013-2014 season. He also holds the record for the most clean sheets in a season in the French top flight, with 21 shutouts in 2013-2014.

The former shot-stopper is often regarded as Nigeria’s greatest goalkeeper ever and is considered by many as Lille’s finest of all time.

Enyeama’s achievement is a significant recognition of the talents and contributions of African players to the beautiful game of football. It is also a reminder of the importance of acknowledging the accomplishments of footballers beyond the major leagues in Europe and South America.

The IFFHS All-Time Ranking, which covers the period from 1987 to 2022, also includes the best goalkeepers from other regions, such as Gianluigi Buffon (Italy) for UEFA, Jose Luis Chilavert (Paraguay) for CONMEBOL, Mohamed Abdullaziz Al-Deayea (Saudi Arabia) for AFC, Keylor Navas (Costa Rica) for CONCACAF, and Mark Bosnich (Australia) for Oceania.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
At last!
Someone gets it!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I would probably have given it to Thomas Nkono. Glad Enyeama is getting his flowers though.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Magnet has that quality that a lot of our players lack - the will to work hard and improve yourself. He went from being a total basket during penalty kicks earlier in his career to having a very high save rate. Not sure he holds the Ligue 1 record for most clean sheets in a season though. I think he is 2nd or 3rd.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Vincent Enyeama is so underrated. Plus all the listed accolades in the article, he also has 25 goals and numerous assists to his name. This is something we don't see quite often.
Also the article said he was named just best goalkeeper in Isreal. That's not entirely correct as he was equally named the best player at that time.

If we are actually serious about getting things right for the super eagles, people like Enyeama should be in the mix.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

IFFHS didn't watch Nigerian games. He was good but he is at best Nigeria's third best along with Akpeyi and Ike.

1. Okala
2. Rufai
3. Ike/Vincent/Akpeyi

Honorable mention
Noble

Last .... Israeli League basket.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:58 pm IFFHS didn't watch Nigerian games. He was good but he is at best Nigeria's third best along with Akpeyi and Ike.

1. Okala
2. Rufai
3. Ike/Vincent/Akpeyi

Honorable mention
Noble

Noble should be ahead of all of them…🤦🏽‍♂️
Super Eagus 4 Life!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The IFFHS All-Time Ranking, which covers the period from 1987 to 2022
This says it all.
Pure garbage!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:50 pm
This says it all.
Pure garbage!
:???: Ok he’s the best from 1987 to 2022 - are you happy now. They can only go back as far as they have proper stats for…Pretty juvenile response if I may say…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

This says it all.
Pure garbage!
He was better than Okala, Rufai and Feregene.

He faced better strikers, improved equipment (ball and boots that made the ball swerve and come at you with increased velocity). He also had a very good win rate, shutout ratio, etc.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:58 pm :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Danfo for president! I was awaiting your response :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Pure rubbish! Joseph-Antoine Bell, Thomas N’Kono, and Essam El-Hadary are better than Enyeama! Yes, I said it!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:22 pm Pure rubbish! Joseph-Antoine Bell, Thomas N’Kono, and Essam El-Hadary are better than Enyeama! Yes, I said it!
Haters gon hate…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Which better strikers did he face in Israel and France? We lost with him against every good striker we faced. I think he was one of our better goalkeepers, but he had his weaknesses. Go back and watch the videos of our games and see how he used to flap at every corner kick and most free kicks. He was nowhere near Rufai in their primes. Okala is the best Nigeria ever had, bar none!
Cellular wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:22 pm
This says it all.
Pure garbage!
He was better than Okala, Rufai and Feregene.

He faced better strikers, improved equipment (ball and boots that made the ball swerve and come at you with increased velocity). He also had a very good win rate, shutout ratio, etc.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

best ever from Nigeria and all of Africa

A real and true Super Eagle :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:10 am

Last name Ever, first name Greatest!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Wack lyrics for average goalie.
maceo4 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:37 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:10 am

Last name Ever, first name Greatest!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:22 pm Pure rubbish! Joseph-Antoine Bell, Thomas N’Kono, and Essam El-Hadary are better than Enyeama! Yes, I said it!
. Enyeama was better than those 3 bozos. Wasnt it Nkono that was chopping 6 plus goals from the useless USSR in 1990?? Those Cameroonian goalkeepers are overrated.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

1naija wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:58 pm IFFHS didn't watch Nigerian games. He was good but he is at best Nigeria's third best along with Akpeyi and Ike.

1. Okala
2. Rufai
3. Ike/Vincent/Akpeyi

Honorable mention
Noble

Of course you had to plug in your useless client Akpeyibasket. Last i heard he cannot even start a game in South Afreka :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: useless goalkeeper :rotf:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Even if you disagree, there is something called margin for error.

If he is even CONSIDERED for this award then it seems that I haven't been drunk or blind after all.

I said that the NFF should get down on their knees and apologise to the man and I knew I wasn't being sensational. Enyeama without a shadow of doubt has been one of the most important figures in Nigerian football in the past 15 years! More important than the likes of Pinnick and Oliseh!

So any disrespect hauled towards the magnet is an insult directed towards the core of Nigerian football itself. I even said the NFF should build him a statue......you know tbite says a lot of crazy thing apparently, but when you REALLY think about it, those crazy things have truth behind them.

I also said that in relative terms he is far more important to Nigerian football than Oliseh was. I feel like probably in absolute terms as well (but lets not argue that). The relative term argument is irrefutable, the absolute argument is more debatable.

Enyeama, even if every single Nigerian refuses to acknowledge your sacrifice, I will be the last man standing acknowledging all that you did for your fatherland. You are a hero in the truest sense of the word. If this guy doesn't have an Order of the Niger award something is wrong.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT