Enyeama named best African Goalie of all time

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Enyeama named best African Goalie of all time

Post by Tbite »

Ok I take that last one back, the list of recipients is fairly short. I didn't realise that. Based on who has received it before, I take it back.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Antoine-Bell?
Nkono?
Grobbelaar? (6 English league titles, European Cup, 3 FA Cups, and 3 League Cup wins with Liverpool)

Enyeama might not even be the best ever GK in Nigeria (Okala?) or west Africa, let alone the whole continent.
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:16 am Antoine-Bell?
Nkono?

Enyeama might not even be the best ever GK in Nigeria (Okala?) or west Africa, let alone the whole continent.
Oh sharap…make your own list…Okala from the Mesozoic era…make we hear word abeg
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If we had a Time Machine to take Enyeama’s body back in time to the condition it was in during his playing days, and put him in 2023 football - I am not even sure he would be the best African GK today.

Onana and Bounou would have something to say about that.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:40 am If we had a Time Machine to take Enyeama’s body back in time to the condition it was in during his playing days, and put him in 2023 football - I am not even sure he would be the best African GK today.

Onana and Bounou would have something to say about that.
Let them break records like Enyeama did…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Nkono?
Grobbelaar? (6 English league titles, European Cup, 3 FA Cups, and 3 League Cup wins with Liverpool)

Who?
That bum?
Huh?

Okala? Em this is the AD era dude. Come again.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I am quite aware that we are in the Anno Domini era (which spans the last 2023 years). Antoine-Bell, Nkono, Grobbelaar, and Okala also played during the last 2023 years.

The “huh” fella you referred to won 13 trophies during his career, was a European champion, a 6 time English league champion, and played for the most successful team in English football history (until that Scottish chap turned up in Manchester).

Enyeama did not win any of those and his greatest career achievement was finishing 3rd in the French league. Are you seriously comparing him with a GK that played for the European and English champions and one of the greatest club sides of all time?
bret- hart wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:13 am
Nkono?

Who?
That bum?
Huh?

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

wiseone wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:25 am I am quite aware that we are in the Anno Domini era (which spans the last 2023 years). Antoine-Bell, Nkono, Grobbelaar, and Okala also played during the last 2023 years.

The “huh” fella you referred to won 13 trophies during his career, was a European champion, a 6 time English league champion, and played for the most successful team in English football history (until that Scottish chap turned up in Manchester).
bret- hart wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:13 am
Nkono?

Who?
That bum?
Huh?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

That Afrikaner is not better than Enyeama even in his wildest dreams. What did he do for Zimbabwe? Did they even qualify for an AFCON around that his time. Pls dont let my belle burst with laughter
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

They already have.

Bounou is the only African GK to ever play in a World Cup semi-final.

He is also the only African GK to win the Europa League and La Liga.
maceo4 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:09 am

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:32 am They already have.

Bounou is the only African GK to ever play in a World Cup semi-final.

He is also the only African GK to win the Europa League and La Liga.
maceo4 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:09 am

Individual GK records not just team achievements…so going by your logic all the individual Moroccan players are the best ever African players in their distinct positions because their team reached where no other African team has before…I mean come on…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Being the only African GK to play in a World Cup semi-final, and win the Europa League and La Liga - are individual achievements. “Only” = singular.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:45 pm Being the only African GK to play in a World Cup semi-final, and win the Europa League and La Liga - are individual achievements. “Only” = singular.
All the other Moroccan players can claim the same, doesn’t make them the best ever in Africa individually…abeg shift jorrr what kind of argument is this…I’m talking about being voted best keeper in either a league or a tournament like Enyeama has done. Even to the point of best overall PLAYER not just goalie in Israeli league…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:10 pm
txj wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:50 pm
The IFFHS All-Time Ranking, which covers the period from 1987 to 2022
This says it all.
Pure garbage!
:???: Ok he’s the best from 1987 to 2022 - are you happy now. They can only go back as far as they have proper stats for…Pretty juvenile response if I may say…

If you don't have proper stats, then don't go making garbage rankings!

African football did not start in 1987.

Pure garbage!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

My own personal opinion is that Ansah is the best African keeper ever.

In fact I will give Badou Zaki a slight nudge ahead of the trio of Enyeama, Nkono and Antoine Bell.