England snubs its Nigerian options

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kali
Egg
Egg
Re: England snubs its Nigerian options

Post by kali »

Adisboy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:10 pm
kali wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:34 pm
Adisboy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:26 am
kali wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:16 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:47 am
kali wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:41 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:50 pm I've often made this point. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

It does make you wonder what type of person questions the legitimacy of a foreign born Nigerian.
I have my theories.
TBH, Kali might not be one of them but for some people you can just sense the resentment.
Lets not even go into the mixed-race Nigerians....
Nobody is saying ban foreign kids. What I am saying is stop leaning on ready made and start looking for talent domestically. In 1994 there were tons of Britush Nigerians playing EPL football. John Fashanu, John Salako,Efan Ekoku. Westerhoff SCOUTED. Osihmen would not have been discovered if Amunike depended on referrals. He had an open camp policy looking at hundreds of players.

The 1994 team produced Nigerias best winger to date Finidi George. Its best attacking midfielder JJ Okocha. Its best support striker Amokachi.
There are lots of Osihmens out there.
Bro we know there are lots of prototypes - but not Osimhens as we know him today.
Are you willing to wait for the Nigerian infrastructure to sufficiently develop before you find a ready-made Osimhen to slot into the SE? We are talking SE, not U-17 o. Let’s not get it twisted.

Osimhen himself left Nigeria as a mere kid - talented but undeveloped. It’s taken him 7 years to become what he is now. Seven years of growth and development with sports personnel and facilities that just don’t exist in Nigeria.

Let’s be real. Scouting talent locally and internationally are not mutually exclusive.
Across the board, all our top talents are jappa-ing for a reason and football is no exception.

Current examples are Orban and Akinsanmiro. Daga and Frederick (Benjamin) will soon join them. That’s four top young talents being creamed off for further ‘development’ abroad in a short space of time. There are dozens more.
It’s a hemorrhaging of talent and it is not going to slow down.
The only slowing down will be our football administered by authorities deploying misguided quota systems.
Meanwhile, the world moves on - Morocco. Algeria. Senegal. Ghana. And that’s just the African nations.

Yeah, let’s fix our system.
But wait! I remember saying this 20 years ago on this same forum. :lol:
Osihmen left Nigeria at the same age as JJ Okocha as Sunday Oliseh. He is not Tammy Abraham with divided loyalty. Okocha was discovered also by accident in Enugu by German scouts.

The 1994 team had a whole lot of youth. Oliseh was 18. JJ was 21. Anokachi was 20. Finidi was 23.
Kali has just contradicted his own argument that Westerhoff scouted all these players. From the 1994 team only Amokachi & Finidi can be said to be scouted by Westerhoff. Okocha, Oliseh, Siasia, Ikpeba were already Europe based players when he noticed them. The likes of Yekini Rufai & Oliha were already big domestic stars years before and were playing in the African continent. The current fact is the teams currently dominating Africa are packed with foreign born players such as Morocco, Algeria, Senegal & Ghana. So we should be smart not myopic in this day & age. The truth is the Nigerian system can't produce a world class player. It can only produce raw materials that need to go abroad to be developed over years. Let's keep it real.
Westerhof scouted and discovered Finidi who played for Sharks, Amokachi in Kaduna and Oliseh in Julius Berger the local league.
As I pointed out earlier, only Finidi & Amokachi was discovered by Westerhoff. Oliseh was already playing in Belgium when he was called up in 1993. It was not Westerhoff.
Oliseh was spotted by westerhoff at julius berger. Oliseh then was 16 years old in 1990. Belgian scouts took him to standard liege where he joined up with ikpeba. Westerhoff eventually drafted him in for the nations cup campaign.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

kali wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:20 pm
Adisboy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:10 pm
kali wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:34 pm
Adisboy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:26 am
kali wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:16 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:47 am
kali wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:41 am

Nobody is saying ban foreign kids. What I am saying is stop leaning on ready made and start looking for talent domestically. In 1994 there were tons of Britush Nigerians playing EPL football. John Fashanu, John Salako,Efan Ekoku. Westerhoff SCOUTED. Osihmen would not have been discovered if Amunike depended on referrals. He had an open camp policy looking at hundreds of players.

The 1994 team produced Nigerias best winger to date Finidi George. Its best attacking midfielder JJ Okocha. Its best support striker Amokachi.
There are lots of Osihmens out there.
Bro we know there are lots of prototypes - but not Osimhens as we know him today.
Are you willing to wait for the Nigerian infrastructure to sufficiently develop before you find a ready-made Osimhen to slot into the SE? We are talking SE, not U-17 o. Let’s not get it twisted.

Osimhen himself left Nigeria as a mere kid - talented but undeveloped. It’s taken him 7 years to become what he is now. Seven years of growth and development with sports personnel and facilities that just don’t exist in Nigeria.

Let’s be real. Scouting talent locally and internationally are not mutually exclusive.
Across the board, all our top talents are jappa-ing for a reason and football is no exception.

Current examples are Orban and Akinsanmiro. Daga and Frederick (Benjamin) will soon join them. That’s four top young talents being creamed off for further ‘development’ abroad in a short space of time. There are dozens more.
It’s a hemorrhaging of talent and it is not going to slow down.
The only slowing down will be our football administered by authorities deploying misguided quota systems.
Meanwhile, the world moves on - Morocco. Algeria. Senegal. Ghana. And that’s just the African nations.

Yeah, let’s fix our system.
But wait! I remember saying this 20 years ago on this same forum. :lol:
Osihmen left Nigeria at the same age as JJ Okocha as Sunday Oliseh. He is not Tammy Abraham with divided loyalty. Okocha was discovered also by accident in Enugu by German scouts.

The 1994 team had a whole lot of youth. Oliseh was 18. JJ was 21. Anokachi was 20. Finidi was 23.
Kali has just contradicted his own argument that Westerhoff scouted all these players. From the 1994 team only Amokachi & Finidi can be said to be scouted by Westerhoff. Okocha, Oliseh, Siasia, Ikpeba were already Europe based players when he noticed them. The likes of Yekini Rufai & Oliha were already big domestic stars years before and were playing in the African continent. The current fact is the teams currently dominating Africa are packed with foreign born players such as Morocco, Algeria, Senegal & Ghana. So we should be smart not myopic in this day & age. The truth is the Nigerian system can't produce a world class player. It can only produce raw materials that need to go abroad to be developed over years. Let's keep it real.
Westerhof scouted and discovered Finidi who played for Sharks, Amokachi in Kaduna and Oliseh in Julius Berger the local league.
As I pointed out earlier, only Finidi & Amokachi was discovered by Westerhoff. Oliseh was already playing in Belgium when he was called up in 1993. It was not Westerhoff.
Oliseh was spotted by westerhoff at julius berger. Oliseh then was 16 years old in 1990. Belgian scouts took him to standard liege where he joined up with ikpeba. Westerhoff eventually drafted him in for the nations cup campaign.
FC Liege not Standard Liege
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Just watched England beat Italy in Naples. The Niaja boys waiting on England bare wasting their time, most are highly unlikely to be an England player anytime soon. I though Chukwuemeka had a chance but with Bellingham,Rice, Phillips stil young he'll never smell a call to England. Tomori the Ijebu boy played himself, he played his last international game of his career already.
OCCUPY NFF!!