England snubs its Nigerian options

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
England snubs its Nigerian options

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

As we sit behind our keyboards locking our wounds over the 4mf list released to prosecute 2 games with days, England continues to sit on the MF that can actually help SE .

Eze and Chukwuemeka have been omitted from the latest England squad. Chukwuemeka understandably is still young but Eze is running out of time.on his internationally career. How do we get these boys asap? Then again, even if they were to switch there's no guarantee they'd be picked ahead of Bameyi. Shame.

BTW, what happened to Tosin Adarabioyo? That envelope he gave Eguavoen was wide but it wasn't thick all.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: England snubs its Nigerian options

Post by vancity eagle »

Look at Fikayo Tomori.

These England guys are deluded
If they will continually snub that guy, what chance do the likes of Eze and Adarsbioyo have.

What a shame.

But then again I dont blame them for not joining the trash heap that is SE.

SE is run like a clown show.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

But this has always been one of my core arguments as well. You guys are seeing it the other way. The way I see it, we are going after England's troways.

This is one of the big problems you get when you create a football structure based on chasing after players to convert. You don't get first dibs! And we never have gotten first dibs!

Dele Alli, Bukayo Saka, Abraham, when did you ever get first dibs? Even the ones that came 'close' like Alaba (Austria)....supposedly miscommunication, well that still points to a disconnect between the player and the country. The way I see it, we need a football structure built on identifying players from the ground up, so that they know us from day one and we are involved in their development.

If we do things properly we could even be recruiting U13 European players to play in our U15, U17 teams later! That sounds crazy to y'all, but that should actually be something we aim for. The concept of actually being there sounds strange. We want to show up in the 11th hour and then hope to have all the sway, it's just not going to work out like that.

And to the point you guys are making. Stockholm syndrome? Well why not? Doesn't matter whether England treated them well or poorly, the fact is that England was there. That's how Stockholm syndrome works lol. Nigeria has to be there, and has to make an effort to be there. Our response has been to blame the victim. I have been trying to teach people here something, as someone who knows the issue intimately, people didn't listen. These guys will ALWAYS prioritise England over Nigeria. It's just common sense.

If you want to make headway, consider some of my suggestions.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The strongest sign of this should even be Italy. The fact that so many African Italian footballers did everything in their power to play for Italy, is all you need to know. Even with all the racism, due to the strength of the connection (being there, not heritage), they still opt for Italy. The problem is we think that heritage trumps everything, like some sort of Thanos flick of the finger. I am sorry but it doesn't. Advise #1 Find ways to be there. I have concrete ideas, but the simple concept to make this short is, find ways to be there.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tbite wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:53 am But this has always been one of my core arguments as well. You guys are seeing it the other way. The way I see it, we are going after England's troways.

This is one of the big problems you get when you create a football structure based on chasing after players to convert. You don't get first dibs! And we never have gotten first dibs!

Dele Alli, Bukayo Saka, Abraham, when did you ever get first dibs? Even the ones that came 'close' like Alaba (Austria)....supposedly miscommunication, well that still points to a disconnect between the player and the country. The way I see it, we need a football structure built on identifying players from the ground up, so that they know us from day one and we are involved in their development.

If we do things properly we could even be recruiting U13 European players to play in our U15, U17 teams later! That sounds crazy to y'all, but that should actually be something we aim for. The concept of actually being there sounds strange. We want to show up in the 11th hour and then hope to have all the sway, it's just not going to work out like that.

And to the point you guys are making. Stockholm syndrome? Well why not? Doesn't matter whether England treated them well or poorly, the fact is that England was there. That's how Stockholm syndrome works lol. Nigeria has to be there, and has to make an effort to be there. Our response has been to blame the victim. I have been trying to teach people here something, as someone who knows the issue intimately, people didn't listen. These guys will ALWAYS prioritise England over Nigeria. It's just common sense.

If you want to make headway, consider some of my suggestions.

Oga, you’re 100% right but we don’t have anything on ground that resembles a structure that could produce top talent. Our football league is on and off like a fainting goat, our schools don’t have books let alone football programs, even when camp is thrown open there’re problems with age documentation . Though I think it’s relatively easy to do for a focused nation with a good structure, I just don’t see Nigeria organizing its football program in a way that’ll allow young players to thrive. The likes of Senegal, Gambia, Morocco are all already ahead of us. I’m famously known here for being so called anti FB but even I’ve come to the realization that i]success will not come from the local lads anymore.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

They are all trash. Bameyi of yum yum FC is better than Eze and Chukwuemeka combined. They are average players.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:31 am As we sit behind our keyboards locking our wounds over the 4mf list released to prosecute 2 games with days, England continues to sit on the MF that can actually help SE .

Eze and Chukwuemeka have been omitted from the latest England squad. Chukwuemeka understandably is still young but Eze is running out of time.on his internationally career. How do we get these boys asap? Then again, even if they were to switch there's no guarantee they'd be picked ahead of Bameyi. Shame.

BTW, what happened to Tosin Adarabioyo? That envelope he gave Eguavoen was wide but it wasn't thick all.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:02 am They are all trash. Bameyi of yum yum FC is better than Eze and Chukwuemeka combined. They are average players.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:31 am As we sit behind our keyboards locking our wounds over the 4mf list released to prosecute 2 games with days, England continues to sit on the MF that can actually help SE .

Onku Abeg leave corruption alone. E do do naw.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

those guys are not "throwaways"

they would start for most teams in the world.

England and France are just so stacked, they can field 3 or 4 top quality teams.

Algeria is about to get 5 or 6 French Algerians this window. The smart teams are getting these "throwaways"

See how Morocco just made the semifinals with "throwaways"

while we couldn't beat common Ghana to even qualify for WC.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

If all our players are healthy, none of them will start for us!

They must be the ones begging to play for Nigeria, not the other way around. I stand with the NFF.
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:14 am those guys are not "throwaways"

they would start for most teams in the world.

England and France are just so stacked, they can field 3 or 4 top quality teams.

Algeria is about to get 5 or 6 French Algerians this window. The smart teams are getting these "throwaways"

See how Morocco just made the semifinals with "throwaways"

while we couldn't beat common Ghana to even qualify for WC.
Last edited by 1naija on Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Why do you think Eze deserves to be in the England squad, he has been average for a poor team, he is not even better than the options England has.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:55 am

Why do you think Eze deserves to be in the England squad, he has been average for a poor team, he is not even better than the options England has.
On current form, definitely not.
But that’s becos, like you say, England are spoilt for choice.
You can be sure though that they still have one eye on him.
He is extremely talented.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:25 am

He is talented but he has seriously declined since his injury.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

I am not sure Eze and Iwobi can play together anyway.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

They don’t really have to play together. One can be an option for the other assuming both play the same position.

Aswani wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:11 am I am not sure Eze and Iwobi can play together anyway.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Aswani wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:11 am I am not sure Eze and Iwobi can play together anyway.
Why can't they play together? Eze can play on the left or central midfield position he has also started many games on the left side of the attack in a 433 formation.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:28 am
Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:25 am

He is talented but he has seriously declined since his injury.
I wouldn’t say declined. I’d say plateaued. Or arrested development.
But it’s a matter of opinion.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

It’s only because we have Nigeria at heart we notice these guys are being left out of the squad they want to be a part of.
The NFF need to utilise their pool of available as there will continue to be denial from such players and they’ll continue to miss tournaments or even sit on the bench during tournaments but if I know that will happen and most of us on the CE know that how come they and their agents don’t get it?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

gochino wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:13 pm
Why can't they play together? Eze can play on the left or central midfield position he has also started many games on the left side of the attack in a 433 formation.
Cito is right in that one can be an option but will Eze want to come off the bench.

They are both attacking "floating all over the place type" midfielders, unless we pack 8 defenders/defensive midfielders behind then, we will struggle. My take anyway,
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...see una dey squabble about players/kids trained and brought up with silver spoon to come play for a disarrayed organization. I hope una dey factor in your bad and poor NFA.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:36 pm ...see una dey squabble about players/kids trained and brought up with silver spoon to come play for a disarrayed organization. I hope una dey factor in your bad and poor NFA.
Silver spoon? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Maybe by Naija standards but Eze group up in a rough and deprived part of south east London (Deptford). I seem to recall reading it was a single parent family.
He probably grew up buying food from ‘Tomi’s Kitchen’, ‘Island Bukka’ and ‘Agege Bread’ - all Nigerian restaurants on the Deptford High Street, walking distance from his house.

He learnt his trade playing in “cages” - like captured animals with no escape. It was a thing, much like ‘set’ in Naija but in real steel cages with concrete floors

He ain’t no ajebota just becos he grew up in London.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Interesting perspective from England Manager who thinks their pool of players is too small.
Gareth Southgate: England boss worried about 'decreasing' number of English players
By Mandeep Sanghera
BBC Sport
Last updated on 17 March 202317 March 2023.
From the section England
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64988328
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:34 pm

Interesting perspective from England Manager who thinks their pool of players is too small.
Gareth Southgate: England boss worried about 'decreasing' number of English players
By Mandeep Sanghera
BBC Sport
Last updated on 17 March 202317 March 2023.
From the section England
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64988328

He’s right. His main rivals are France,Germany, Spain and other European powerhouses who have a much larger pool of top quality players. The likes of Eze , Chukwemeka and Olise are trash to him but good for us. We can win Afcon with them but he likely couldn’t even qualify for Euros with them. He has to expand his talent pool while we just have to convince our talent pool to play for us. If the likes of Eze are reading between the lines they’d call the Nigeria embassy for passports.He’s pretty much saying he doesn’t have enough top players to pick from.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:00 pm
mcal wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:36 pm ...see una dey squabble about players/kids trained and brought up with silver spoon to come play for a disarrayed organization. I hope una dey factor in your bad and poor NFA.
Silver spoon? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Maybe by Naija standards but Eze group up in a rough and deprived part of south east London (Deptford). I seem to recall reading it was a single parent family.
He probably grew up buying food from ‘Tomi’s Kitchen’, ‘Island Bukka’ and ‘Agege Bread’ - all Nigerian restaurants on the Deptford High Street, walking distance from his house.

He learnt his trade playing in “cages” - like captured animals with no escape. It was a thing, much like ‘set’ in Naija but in real steel cages with concrete floors

He ain’t no ajebota just becos he grew up in London.
...by "silver spoon" I meant general life and procedures in England vs Nigeria,
Those rough and deprived areas you mentioned above, I bet are better than the so called high class enclaves in Nigeria. At least Eze had 24/7 electricity and water running, plus healthcare within a phone call away.
Why are we even struggling to get these players, when they are there for the taken in their "rough and deprived" neighborhoods?
We waited until they get plucked out, polished, and thrive under circumstances they only know and understand, then we notice them.