Is Osimhen bad at taking penalties?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is Osimhen bad at taking penalties?

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:05 pm He isn't bad at PK, he is actually the designated PK taker at Napoli, and he has scored every PK for the SE. I like that fact that all his goals so far this season are all from open play. The bobo reached the 20 goal landmark without scoring a PK. Now run tell that
Bro, no need to waste you time. You should have just responded: "yes, he is afraid, now go and cry into your pillow." :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:31 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:05 pm He isn't bad at PK, he is actually the designated PK taker at Napoli, and he has scored every PK for the SE. I like that fact that all his goals so far this season are all from open play. The bobo reached the 20 goal landmark without scoring a PK. Now run tell that
Bro, no need to waste you time. You should have just responded: "yes, he is afraid, now go and cry into your pillow." :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sure, but at least be factual, he’s NOT the designated pk taker at Napoli…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:47 pm
From as much as I can see, he is #2 officially. But Zielinski, Politano, Elmas, Lozan all take precedence even though he is #2.

I don't think there is any other club in the world where you will see such a thing. Yet people want to convince me that I am on something lol. Sorry but I wasn't born yesterday.

In what universe should this be the pecking order

1) Kvara
2) Zielinski
3) Politano
4) Elmas
5) Lozano
6) Osimhen
??

Even their former players are questioning it, but hey tbite needs to be told what a designated taker is lol.

Former Napoli defender Maurizio Domizzi feels Victor Osimhen should be on penalty duty for Napoli.
Domizzi believes Osimhen should be taking Napoli’s penalties
The former defender questioned why the striker is not preferred
Nigeria forward did not take any of his side’s two spot kicks on Sunday
WHAT HAPPENED? The Serie A leaders had two penalties in their 2-0 victory over Sampdoria on Sunday but Osimhen, the league’s leading scorer, did not take any of them with Matteo Politano stepping to the spot for the first while Elif Elmas took the second.

Politano missed his penalty which was saved by the goalkeeper but Elmas had no such problems as he made the points safe with eight minutes remaining.

Article continues below

That was after Osimhen had given Napoli a 19th-minute lead with a great finish inside the box for his 10th Serie A goal of the season and Domizzi is wondering why the club and league’s top scorer is not on penalty duties.

WHAT DID HE SAY? “The penalty taker issue? It's a bit strange that someone like Osimhen doesn't take penalties, he's the leading striker and the most prolific,” said Domizzi as quoted by Tuttonapoli.

“Evidently either he or whoever on the staff will have decided differently. Usually, the penalty taker is chosen by the coach only partially, it is above all the teammates who choose and recognise the true penalty taker of the team. It's more a question of character and personality, not just technique.”

THE BIGGER PICTURE: Osimhen has scored only once from the spot this season with Napoli coach Luciano Spalletti rotating the penalty duties among him, Politano (scored four), Elmas (2), Hirving Lozano, Piotr Zielinski and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia all who have scored once.

The Nigeria international could have increased his tally considerably had he been taking penalties consistently given Inter Milan’s Lautaro Martinez, M'Bala Nzola of Spezia and Bologna’s Marko Arnautovic, who are two goals behind him in the Golden Boot race, are among the penalty takers for their clubs.

WHAT’S NEXT? Osimhen has an opportunity to increase his goal tally when Napoli face Juventus in their next Serie A match on Friday.
https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/osimhen ... fbde3a9fed
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Surely something is amiss if a player as prolific as Osimhen is 6th in the hierarchy. I think anybody with half a brain would agree that he should be #2 AT LEAST. But I think he should even be #1. A player like Osimhen should be #1 until such time that he proves he is not worthy of the duty. Zielinski, Politano, Kvara have all faltered etc. but that does not seem to factor in?

And I think it is a missed opportunity for Osimhen as far as things like the golden boot go, especially in previous seasons. There is a reason why clubs like to operate in this manner. They only deviate from the norm when things are exceptionally different, which is not the case. I don't think there is any player in Napoli that has proven to be exceptional in that regard. So the deviation comes from nowhere.

Kvara is no Balotelli in the pen, he is no Lampard, he is no Del Pierro. I worded the thread tongue in cheek to ask, why deviate? You ALWAYS choose your most prolific player UNLESS there is something exceptional going on. Which in this case, there isn't. As for the question about character, Osimhen is clearly the leader, even above Di Lorenzo! He was the one that single handedly convinced players like Anguissa that the Scudetto could be won.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Osimhen just doesn’t want to take penalties.
It’s against his religion to take unfair advantage.
Everybody happy now? :thumbs:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I dont work at Napoli and in fact, I have never been to Naples. If you'd like to know more about the club, here is their contact:

Società Sportiva Calcio Napoli
Via del Maio di Porto 9
80133 Napoli (Residents: 918.028)
Italy

Tel: (+39) 081/5095344.

Now, go and cry into your pillow :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:00 am Osimhen just doesn’t want to take penalties.
It’s against his religion to take unfair advantage.
Everybody happy now? :thumbs:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: They can all cry into their pillow!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:34 pm
I dont work at Napoli and in fact, I have never been to Naples. If you'd like to know more about the club, here is their contact:

Via del Maio di Porto 9
Italy

I called and they said no he’s not the designated PK taker. Then I proceeded to cry into my pillow :cry:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:19 pm

Via del Maio di Porto 9
Italy

I called and they said no he’s not the designated PK taker. Then I proceeded to cry into my pillow :cry:
Crying into your pillow and biting your pillow are two different things. You are well known for the latter. :oops: :lol:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:27 pm

Via del Maio di Porto 9
Italy

Crying into your pillow and biting your pillow are two different things. You are well known for the latter. :oops: :lol:
Of course now… :thumbs: :thumb:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:35 pm

Via del Maio di Porto 9
Italy

:clap: Accepting who you are is always a good first step! :D
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:37 pm

Via del Maio di Porto 9
Italy

Abi :clap: :clap: :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

1naija wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:57 am tidbit, the sign of madness is when one starts talking to himself.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:47 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:37 pm

Via del Maio di Porto 9
Italy

Abi :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Via del Maio di Porto 9
Italy

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: e give am the address kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:11 pm

Via del Maio di Porto 9
Italy

I have a trip to the Amalfi Coast later in the year, this address will come in handy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:27 pm

Via del Maio di Porto 9
Italy

I have a trip to the Amalfi Coast later in the year, this address will come in handy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
i no go lie, thinking of the Napoli v Inter game in late may
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Tbite wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:48 am
From as much as I can see, he is #2 officially. But Zielinski, Politano, Elmas, Lozan all take precedence even though he is #2.

I don't think there is any other club in the world where you will see such a thing. Yet people want to convince me that I am on something lol. Sorry but I wasn't born yesterday.

In what universe should this be the pecking order

1) Kvara
2) Zielinski
3) Politano
4) Elmas
5) Lozano
6) Osimhen
??

Even their former players are questioning it, but hey tbite needs to be told what a designated taker is lol.

Former Napoli defender Maurizio Domizzi feels Victor Osimhen should be on penalty duty for Napoli.
Domizzi believes Osimhen should be taking Napoli’s penalties
The former defender questioned why the striker is not preferred
Nigeria forward did not take any of his side’s two spot kicks on Sunday
WHAT HAPPENED? The Serie A leaders had two penalties in their 2-0 victory over Sampdoria on Sunday but Osimhen, the league’s leading scorer, did not take any of them with Matteo Politano stepping to the spot for the first while Elif Elmas took the second.

Politano missed his penalty which was saved by the goalkeeper but Elmas had no such problems as he made the points safe with eight minutes remaining.

Article continues below

That was after Osimhen had given Napoli a 19th-minute lead with a great finish inside the box for his 10th Serie A goal of the season and Domizzi is wondering why the club and league’s top scorer is not on penalty duties.

WHAT DID HE SAY? “The penalty taker issue? It's a bit strange that someone like Osimhen doesn't take penalties, he's the leading striker and the most prolific,” said Domizzi as quoted by Tuttonapoli.

“Evidently either he or whoever on the staff will have decided differently. Usually, the penalty taker is chosen by the coach only partially, it is above all the teammates who choose and recognise the true penalty taker of the team. It's more a question of character and personality, not just technique.”

THE BIGGER PICTURE: Osimhen has scored only once from the spot this season with Napoli coach Luciano Spalletti rotating the penalty duties among him, Politano (scored four), Elmas (2), Hirving Lozano, Piotr Zielinski and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia all who have scored once.

The Nigeria international could have increased his tally considerably had he been taking penalties consistently given Inter Milan’s Lautaro Martinez, M'Bala Nzola of Spezia and Bologna’s Marko Arnautovic, who are two goals behind him in the Golden Boot race, are among the penalty takers for their clubs.

WHAT’S NEXT? Osimhen has an opportunity to increase his goal tally when Napoli face Juventus in their next Serie A match on Friday.
https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/osimhen ... fbde3a9fed
Osimhem is playing it smart as regards the PK duties, he intentionally gave it up to Kavara, in order to get assists from Kavara and not create the bad atmosphere he had with Insinge.. Osimhem is also playing it smart, i give up the Pks roles and they provide me with assists and it is win win for everyone..
afc##
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Via del Maio di Porto 9
Italy

Just make sure you leave your valuables in Rome or even Amalfi coast before you enter Naples. Them the thief for broad day light there :lol: :lol:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:43 pm
Just make sure you leave your valuables in Rome or even Amalfi coast before you enter Naples. Them the thief for broad day light there :lol: :lol:
Was at Amalfi Coast and went to Milan and Naples...
Anyone who can walk the streets of urban America can walk comfortably in Naples.
Just be prepared for someone to hold your stuff for safekeeping or to admire how it looks on them.

You walk like a tourist you get taken like a tourist!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:24 pm
Anyone who can walk the streets of urban America can walk comfortably in Naples.
Just be prepared for someone to hold your stuff for safekeeping or to admire how it looks on them.

:rotf: :rotf: I dey enter Naples end of April - beginning May. My plan is to stay in Rome and then take the train to Naples for a day to watch my number 9 -- leaving all my belongings in Rome. :lol:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:22 pm

:rotf: :rotf: I dey enter Naples end of April - beginning May. My plan is to stay in Rome and then take the train to Naples for a day to watch my number 9 -- leaving all my belongings in Rome. :lol:
It’s that bad, na wa o
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:12 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:22 pm

It’s that bad, na wa o
Yup! Thats one reason I always avoided Naples pre-Osimhen. Its a very very poor province. One of the poorest in Europe! So, you can imagine why crime is high. But for Osimhen, I wont even consider it, not like there is much to see there anyway.

Even Oma Akatugba just experienced it.