I want to play for Nigeria – Former Arsenal star Brooke Georgina Nunn eyes call-up ahead 2023 FIFA World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
I want to play for Nigeria – Former Arsenal star Brooke Georgina Nunn eyes call-up ahead 2023 FIFA World Cup

Post by iworo »

I want to play for Nigeria – Two-time Super League winner eyes call-up ahead 2023 FIFA World Cup

Former Arsenal star Brooke Georgina Nunn has expressed her desire to play for the Super Falcons of Nigeria. The 30-year-old, who currently plays for Hibernian Women in the Scottish Women’s Premier League, is eligible to play for the African nation due to her half-Nigerian, half-German mother.

Nunn, who helped Arsenal win two Women’s Super League titles, says playing for Nigeria would be an honour, and she is proud of her Nigerian heritage. She also expressed her desire to connect with the people of Nigeria and create friendships that could last a lifetime.

What was said?
“It would be an honour to represent my country,” Nunn told Sports Brief.

“I am proud of my Nigerian heritage, and I believe it gives me the strength, power, and wisdom to achieve anything I want in life.

“I believe the opportunity to play for Super Falcons could push me to my potential. I would also love to connect with the people of Nigeria, create and carry on friendships with coaches and players that could last a lifetime.”
Nigeria will compete in the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup, co-hosted by Australia and New Zealand. The Super Falcons are drawn in Group B alongside co-hosts Australia, Ireland, and Canada.

It could be a huge challenge for a team that failed to impress at the 2022 Women Africa Cup on Nation in Morocco and fumbled at the Revelations Cup in Mexico earlier this year.

Still, Nunn believes the Nigerian squad boasts incredible talent, and she is confident she can make an impact.

While acknowledging the team’s strength and talent, Nunn is eager to push herself outside her comfort zone and work hard to help the team achieve victory. She believes every team member plays a big part, and they all have to work together, encourage and support each other.

She added: “The squad is very strong and talented and it would be a challenge, but I love to push myself outside my comfort zone and work hard for what I want.

“I believe I could definitely make an impact and even if I didn’t break into the starting lineup, I would always give 100 per cent for the team and do what I could to help drive us to victory.

“As much as I would love to start, I believe everybody in the team plays a big part and we all have to work together, encourage and support each other.”
Nunn’s interest in playing for Nigeria is an exciting development for the Super Falcons, and her addition to the squad could bring a new level of depth and skill to the team.

https://soccernet.ng/2023/03/i-want-to- ... d-cup.html
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: I want to play for Nigeria – Former Arsenal star Brooke Georgina Nunn eyes call-up ahead 2023 FIFA World Cup

Post by packerland »

Does it matter? Randy will play her out of position or play his regulars anyway.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I want to play for Nigeria – Former Arsenal star Brooke Georgina Nunn eyes call-up ahead 2023 FIFA World Cup

Post by bret- hart »

She better wait for Aunty Onome to retire. Nigeria football is wait your turn now.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Randy will probably field her as an auxiliary GK.
packerland wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:34 pm Does it matter? Randy will play her out of position or play his regulars anyway.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

wiseone wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:00 pm Randy will probably field her as an auxiliary GK.
packerland wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:34 pm Does it matter? Randy will play her out of position or play his regulars anyway.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

bret- hart wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:38 pm She better wait for Aunty Onome to retire. Nigeria football is wait your turn now.
So, Onome is the reassign why Oshoala is turning down invites? I thought they squashed their beef but apparently not.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

packerland wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:19 pm
bret- hart wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:38 pm She better wait for Aunty Onome to retire. Nigeria football is wait your turn now.
So, Onome is the reassign why Oshoala is turning down invites? I thought they squashed their beef but apparently not.

Yep. They gave the arm band to her cos she is a company yes woman just like Ahned Musa
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.