Our Osimhen should be appointed the next SE captain

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Our Osimhen should be appointed the next SE captain

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This must be the first mandate towards anything SE, we need new leadership at the SE . enough is enough

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Our Osimhen should be appointed the next SE captain

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

No. His personality will not fit with e corrupt Nff. It’s a hopeless task that he doesn’t need right now.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:29 pm No. His personality will not fit with e corrupt Nff. It’s a hopeless task that he doesn’t need right now.
Totally agree.
He is quite emotionally volatile which will simmer with age.
Hands on head a lot. Angry at times when he just needs to 'understand' and reassure.

A few years time, he will be a great leader and quite outspoken.
But now? Let him just focus on being our GOAT.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
adeaderije
Egg
Egg

Post by adeaderije »

lazy thread as usual. You want Osimhen as captain but offer no arguments in his favor. What makes him a better captain ahead of the current one, or even more experienced players like Ndidi or Iwobi? At least, justify your point if you're going to open a thread.
I no be gentleman at all o
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He’s already scored his 20 Serie A goal against Torino 9 mins in, another header
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

adeaderije wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:04 pm lazy thread as usual. You want Osimhen as captain but offer no arguments in his favor. What makes him a better captain ahead of the current one, or even more experienced players like Ndidi or Iwobi? At least, justify your point if you're going to open a thread.
Very lazy indeed. Anyway, I’m not a fan of handing the captain arm band to the best player in the team. The person has to be calm & exhume leadership qualities. Like I don’t think Neymar should be Brazil’s captain at any point.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:15 pm He’s already scored his 20 Serie A goal against Torino 9 mins in, another header
I don’t know how he gets to those headers so effortlessly.
It’s amazing.
We need someone to deliver those kind of crosses for him in the SE.
That was his 15th goal from a corner set piece according to the commentator who didn’t clarify further.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:26 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:15 pm He’s already scored his 20 Serie A goal against Torino 9 mins in, another header
It’s amazing.
That was his 15th goal from a corner set piece according to the commentator who didn’t clarify further.
His leaping ability. I’m pretty sure Osimhen can dunk on an NBA rim. Plenty NFL wide receivers and running backs can do it and Osimhen is just as athletic as them.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

adeaderije wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:04 pm lazy thread as usual. You want Osimhen as captain but offer no arguments in his favor. What makes him a better captain ahead of the current one, or even more experienced players like Ndidi or Iwobi? At least, justify your point if you're going to open a thread.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: who are you?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Damunk wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:26 pm
It’s amazing.
When Zaidu delivered one in the away game against Ghana, what did he do with it? Fluffed it! Osimhen is 90% responsible for our failure to qualify for the world cup. Hopefully, he gets another crack at it when he's 27.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
adeaderije
Egg
Egg

Post by adeaderije »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:43 pm
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: who are you?
:thumb: Great point! Carry on
I no be gentleman at all o
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Yes, I think he'll be a great choice.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:45 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:29 pm No. His personality will not fit with e corrupt Nff. It’s a hopeless task that he doesn’t need right now.
Totally agree.
Hands on head a lot. Angry at times when he just needs to 'understand' and reassure.

You are describing Osimhen from last year and before. This year, i see someone who has channeled his "anger" which used to be a weakness to a strength. I was always worried, when people advised him to cut out his aggression and anger. I was worried because that is a huge part of what makes him dangerous and a huge part of why teams are petrified of him! But it seems him, Spaletti and whoever is working with him was able to redirect that anger and aggression. Notice he doesn't get yellow cards anymore and when he is viciously attacked (this season has been worse, with teams going out to mame him), he doesnt fight back or shout at the referee. Instead, he channels that anger into his game and bullies the defenders physically in plays. He cant lose that or tone that down. In fact, I want him to amp it up! I want defenders to fein injury and even refuse to get on the pitch at the sight of him..,

As for this thread, I like the suggestion. He would transform the mentality of our team. Look at what he has done to Napoli??!! Yes, it is him! They had leaders like Koulibaly, Insigne, Mertens, etc etc. senior player who are perennial losers! As soon as they left and Osimhen became one of the "senior player," look at the transformation! Napoli collapsed last season, but look at them now?!! Watch him on the pitch and how he demands performance from his teammates. When they make the wrong pass or act silly, how he calls them to order! when they are not pressing, how he directs them to press and they listen to him! . He will transform us and our mentality!

However, I dont even want Osimhen to play for that team! it is clear that Nigeria is not serious and I dont want him anywhere near their im3cility!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

He is the obvious choice, but we all know those crooks at the NFF will not let it happen. They want a yes man who will let them get away with their BS. Thats why Ahmed Musa is the captain from now till eternety. Same for Aunty Onome in the Falcons.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

People should be calling me a genius, I saw this talent even before Damunk, Bigpokey etc and Rohr. Kai Rohr picked ighalo over Victor:lol:
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Captain wey no go show ..

Apparently people haven't noticed that Napoli doesn't want Osimhen playing for Eagles and will pull every trick in the book to make sure the boy doesnt show up for games

Captain ko captain ni
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

100%,everything about him hates defeat and with him as captain he might be able to influence who deserves to play alongside him!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:53 am 100%,everything about him hates defeat and with him as captain he might be able to influence who deserves to play alongside him!
I haven’t watched last nights match yet (possibly never will) but the few comments about him that I’ve read seem to suggest he wasn’t much of a ‘leader’ yesterday.
Your thoughts?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Totally agree.

No, for the afforementioned reason( Damunk said it) I am one of the biggest fan of him btw
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

highbury wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:07 am
Totally agree.

No, for the afforementioned reason( Damunk said it) I am one of the biggest fan of him btw
I’m with you guys on Osimhen. Mbappe is not that different from Osimhen with his temper. I wonder how that is going to workout?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Totally agree.

He does not have the coolness to be captain.

He is too emotional and riled up. Def not captain material at this stage. Quite immature how he acts at times.