Camp News

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Camp News

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:56 pm :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: to Samu. What a great interview!
Otitokoro wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:42 pm
Heiyah.
So nor be only me nor fit watch World Cup.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Otitokoro wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:15 pm Pretty sure it was an honest mistake on his part, with both teams having the name 'Guinea...' in their country names.
This is most certainly NOT a case of 'employment godfatherism', as you put it. The interviewer, Edafe Matthew, actually OWNS Elegbete TV & Radio.
In fairness to him, he has done remarkably well since his days as a National League football player and ought to be commended for it.
joao wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:00 pm
Gotti wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:16 pm How does a Nigerian “journalist” not know the difference between Guinea (Conakry) and Guinea-Bissau?! :oops:
Just another display of the rot in our education, and employment godfatherism.
We are witnessing the effects of weaponization of ignorance, even in the age of Google.
Thanks for the rushed defense of incompetence.
Yeah, Niger(Nigerien) sounds similar to Nigeria(Nigerian), and should be confusing
to educated journalists.. :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by joao on Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Really????

You want us to watch one hour plus of this dude? :mad: :mad: :veryangry:
Flex Swift wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:56 pm Super Eagles train in darkness
https://www.youtube.com/live/FsMd72szYVA?feature=share
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

1naija wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:16 pm Really????

You want us to watch one hour plus of this dude? :mad: :mad: :veryangry:
Flex Swift wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:56 pm Super Eagles train in darkness
https://www.youtube.com/live/FsMd72szYVA?feature=share
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I didn’t listen whole thing just the report on the Eagles using torch light to train
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

joao wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:54 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:15 pm Pretty sure it was an honest mistake on his part, with both teams having the name 'Guinea...' in their country names.
This is most certainly NOT a case of 'employment godfatherism', as you put it. The interviewer, Edafe Matthew, actually OWNS Elegbete TV & Radio.
In fairness to him, he has done remarkably well since his days as a National League football player and ought to be commended for it.
Gotti wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:16 pm How does a Nigerian “journalist” not know the difference between Guinea (Conakry) and Guinea-Bissau?! :oops:
We are witnessing the effects of weaponization of ignorance, even in the age of Google.
Yeah, Niger(Nigerien) sounds similar to Nigeria(Nigerian), and should be confusing
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Abegi, don’t mind OTITOKORO…
He’s well-versed in the “rushed defense of incompetence”, as he does for Dennerby and Coach Randy. LMAO!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:27 pm Maybe because he didn't rush to Google first to look at the difference like the rest of us. :D I don't know the gaddem difference between the two either. :D
Gotti wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:16 pmHow does a Nigerian “journalist” not know the difference between Guinea (Conakry) and Guinea-Bissau?! :oops:
Obviously, you don’t…
But that’s an exceedingly LOW bar! :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the other hand, one would expected a purported “professional sports reporter” to at the very least know which teams each of these Nigerian national teams are playing against (especially given that he’s actually physically present there), not come with the sort of Beer Parlor excuse that OTITOKORO proffered of merely overhearing “Guinea” and becoming befuddled. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

1naija wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:02 pm What are they supposed to be doing? Hanging their heads down and sighing in unison about how this life hard and then chanting any principality that his holding us down .. Holy Ghost FIRE FIRE FIRE, like RCCG members?
Silver-Shadow wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:50 pm They don't look serious :rotf: , just ambliing casually without purpose. I guess it's the Naija way.
Kai! 1NAIJA! :D :D :D :D YOu are too much :D
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Likewise, I guess Jose Peseiro is 'incompetent' and 'uneducated', since he also committed the same cardinal sin that Edafe is being chastised for, by referring to Guinea Bissau as Guinea. (min. 4:30)

Potential response from Gotti and Joao:
Oh my word! The head coach of the Nigeria Super Eagles doesn't even know the exact name of the country he is scheduled to play against this Friday? Lets tie him up on a stake and crucify him!
:taunt: :taunt:
Gotti wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:52 pm

He’s well-versed in the “rushed defense of incompetence”, as he does for Dennerby and Coach Randy. LMAO!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Otitokoro wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:57 amLikewise, I guess Jose Peseiro is 'incompetent' and 'uneducated', since he also committed the same cardinal sin that Edafe is being chastised for, by referring to Guinea Bissau as Guinea. (min. 4:30)

So your defense for incompetence is to point to that of others…smh
I realize you worship Oyibo, but they can be just as MEDIOCRE (see Dennerby and Coach Randy :lol: ).

A Nigerian purportedly professional sports “journalist” cannot differentiate between which African nations Nigerian national teams are playing against in an African competition (or apparently between African nations), and someone’s attempt at justification is to point to a non-African foreigner. Not even sure where to start. SMH
Last edited by Gotti on Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

1naija wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:27 pm Maybe because he didn't rush to Google first to look at the difference like the rest of us. :D I don't know the gaddem difference between the two either. :D

Gotti wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:16 pm
How does a Nigerian “journalist” not know the difference between Guinea (Conakry) and Guinea-Bissau?! :oops:
by pure coincidence he too is an ou grad.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Then he is a great journalist.

They don't teach students to memorize the countries in Africa at that great school like they do at some of the non-accredited schools that some went to. :D
King Futcha wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:05 am

Gotti wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:16 pm
How does a Nigerian “journalist” not know the difference between Guinea (Conakry) and Guinea-Bissau?! :oops:
by pure coincidence he too is an ou grad.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The fact that Ahmed Musa is still near that team is laughable.

The guy is using the SE like his father's house.

If Ahmed Musa can make that team, then anybody can make the SE. But I also blame the player also. Why would you even accept the call up. Does Ahmed Musa actually think he is doing the country any good by playing? The last time I saw him play, he looked like a ball boy. This is the type of call up that is the opposite to honoring your country.

Imagine if we called up Bigpokey to play for the SE. Surely he would be patriotic and turn it down. At a certain point, saying NO is actually the patriotic thing to do. Ahmed Musa should retire if he really wants to help Nigeria.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ahmed Musa is a shameless clown.

He doesn't know what shame is.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:33 am Ahmed Musa is a shameless clown.

We can’t blame our recent form on Musa, he’s enjoying the same courtesy given to all our previous captains. The capt will leave at his own time but obviously won’t be playing any major role in the team other than leadership and guidance.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Forget about form or this or that.

Ahmed Musa should be a RETIRED international. He should not even be available for selection. I have no idea whatsoever why he hasn't retired. What exactly is he looking for? Abeg retire.

As far as club football goes, well some players like to push that thing to extremes. Some go to random clubs in KSA, some go to the MLS, some even consider going to the A League. A lot of funny business goes on with club football, so retirement there is neither here nor there.

but international football is pretty obvious. Unless you are some sort of strange individual with crazy athleticism like Ibrahimovich, it is pretty obvious when a player should retire internationally. You can just tell. And with Musa it is obvious. It is beyond the point of "Well who does the coach want, or tactics, or blah blah blah". This isn't about team selection. Musa should be retired from international football PERIOD. He wanted to break Enyeama's record, fine....even that I thought was foolish, because you can't use your country to pad your stats. But to still be here, after that? WTF?

RETIRE!! If a player like Ahmed Musa cannot retire....then the SE is not even worth watching, it means our football has sunken to lows beyond lows. It means we are a Gambia, a Guinea Bissau, a South Sudan, a Tahiti! In the Federal Republic of Nigeria, players like Musa do not come anywhere near the SE in this kind of form.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Okocha retired from the SE early, Sunday Oliseh early, Kanu I think on time, Mikel on time, Yobo too late, Enyeama early, Ahmed Musa WAY TOO late, Victor Moses early.

And I think it is not a small issue. It sends a terrible message to every footballer in that team. It sends the message that we are a mickey mouse team. It sends the message that ability and form do not matter, that the only thing that matters is who you know. It is actually pretty serious, and could singlehandedly break the team. I think we the fans have a duty to speak up. We should be very vocal that Musa needs to leave that team.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:33 am Ahmed Musa is a shameless clown.

He is like most Nigerians! Selfish and shameless.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tbite wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:40 am Okocha retired from the SE early, Sunday Oliseh early, Kanu I think on time, Mikel on time, Yobo too late, Enyeama early, Ahmed Musa WAY TOO late, Victor Moses early.

And I think it is not a small issue. It sends a terrible message to every footballer in that team. It sends the message that we are a mickey mouse team. It sends the message that ability and form do not matter, that the only thing that matters is who you know. It is actually pretty serious, and could singlehandedly break the team. I think we the fans have a duty to speak up. We should be very vocal that Musa needs to leave that team.
Kpom
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uhmm.. so because he is white, he cannot be incompetent and uneducated? Did you listen to his response in the earlier video when he was asked about Bameyi? Did that response sound like it came from a competent and educated man?
Otitokoro wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:57 am Likewise, I guess Jose Peseiro is 'incompetent' and 'uneducated', since he also committed the same cardinal sin that Edafe is being chastised for, by referring to Guinea Bissau as Guinea. (min. 4:30)

Oh my word! The head coach of the Nigeria Super Eagles doesn't even know the exact name of the country he is scheduled to play against this Friday? Lets tie him up on a stake and crucify him!

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:36 pm Uhmm.. so because he is white, he cannot be incompetent and uneducated? Did you listen to his response in the earlier video when he was asked about Bameyi? Did that response sound like it came from a competent and educated man?
Otitokoro wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:57 am Likewise, I guess Jose Peseiro is 'incompetent' and 'uneducated', since he also committed the same cardinal sin that Edafe is being chastised for, by referring to Guinea Bissau as Guinea. (min. 4:30)

Dudes English is very poor. I am surprised.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You guys are professional complainers!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

You're so predictable :lol: :lol:
Again, if you bothered to read my response instead of rushing to cast aspirations, you would have realized I stated it could have been an honest mistake on Edafe's part. Just as it likely was with Peseiro, as well as Bruno (Boavista player) later on in the same video.
And I wouldn't dignify your comment about 'Oyibo (Oyinbo) worship', as it's really beneath you to say something like that.
Gotti wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:48 am
Otitokoro wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:57 amLikewise, I guess Jose Peseiro is 'incompetent' and 'uneducated', since he also committed the same cardinal sin that Edafe is being chastised for, by referring to Guinea Bissau as Guinea. (min. 4:30)

So your defense for incompetence is to point to that of others…smh
I realize you worship Oyibo, but they can be just as MEDIOCRE (see Dennerby and Coach Randy :lol: ).

A Nigerian purportedly professional sports “journalists” cannot differentiate between which African nations Nigerian national teams are playing against in an African competition (or apparently between African nations), and someone’s attempt at justification is to point to a non-African foreigner. Not even sure where to start. SMH