Finidi & Shorunmu sacked as SE assistants

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Finidi & Shorunmu sacked as SE assistants

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/03/ ... assistant/#!

The fallout begins. Pesseiro has sacked Finidi and Ike Shorunmu as SE asst coaches and replaced Ike with his own puppet coach. I suspect this has to do with the Nff team tampering. Were Finidi and Ike shilling for the Nff? Pesseiro is getting smart about Nigerians by going after the rats and roaches. We have huge problems folks. The house is burning.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Finidi & Shorunmu sacked as SE assistants

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i have no issues with this ..let the coach choose his team
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

What a way to treat a legend. Findi, I am
Sincerely sorry that you come from Nigeria
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Recent news indicated Finidi, and Shorunmu didn't have a contract, and are yet to be paid for services rendered. If true, what's the point of keeping unpaid assistants on board, among other issues?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Is the NFF is letting go off coaches to cut cost? The NFF seems even more cash strapped than normal these days. Lack of funds blended with corruption and lack of accountability leaves Nigerian football in dire times
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

olu wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:41 am Is the NFF is letting go off coaches to cut cost? The NFF seems even more cash strapped than normal these days. Lack of funds blended with corruption and lack of accountability leaves Nigerian football in dire times
Impact of not qualifying for world cup. Loss of income from missing the world cup.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Presario can not sack finidi or ike, because he was not paying form £70,000 usa dollar a month he had his own assistant to pay from is money,finidi and ike never had a contract, which is silly by the previous admin head by peak milk, and present NFF head want to cut the cost because they don't have the money and whether they were told not to come to camp or they realize what a heck are they doing it in the first place with no contact..you see our people never talk straight that is part of the problem will still having in our nation of Nigeria.

even the under-23 backroom staff were let go also.

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/03/ ... st-guinea/
thanks
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I think the NFF is broke. They need to pray the next admin is a fan of football, since they are so clueless on self sustaining themselves.

they missed out on sharing this :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Here is how much each team gets for the 2022 World Cup:

Champions (Argentina): $42 million
Runner-up (France): $30 million
Third place: (Croatia): $27 million
Fourth place: (Morocco): $25 million
5th-8th place (Netherlands, Brazil, Portugal and England): $17 million each
9th-16th place (U.S., Australia, Poland, Senegal, Japan, South Korea, Spain and Switzerland): $14 million each
Group stage teams (Ecuador, Qatar, Iran, Wales, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Denmark, Germany, Costa Rica, Belgium, Canada, Cameroon, Serbia, Uruguay and Ghana): $9 million each
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:41 am Is the NFF is letting go off coaches to cut cost? The NFF seems even more cash strapped than normal these days. Lack of funds blended with corruption and lack of accountability leaves Nigerian football in dire times
Or maybe Pinnick, "the most useless NFF Chairman ever", was sorting out things behind the scene - things that are now beginning to manifest.
Maybe.
I wasn't there so I wurrun know. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

New mantra. Each team sent to a tournament must be sustaining, and show ROI. Recover sunk costs via minimum semi final appearance in an AFRICAN tournament, and minimum 2nd round for any FIFA tournament one qualifies for.

That's how (potential) sponsors post covid 19 under\stand. Things are hard across the board.

The days of passing the buck/deferring hard decisions to the next budget cycle, and depending on FIFA allocations are over.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:56 pm
Or maybe Pinnick, "the most useless NFF Chairman ever", was sorting out things behind the scene - things that are now beginning to manifest.
Maybe.
I wasn't there so I wurrun know. :taunt:
We were cash strapped then too, how long was **** owed? He even had to take NFF to FIFA to get court ordered mandate after being fired…abegi, make we hear word…and that’s when he was boasting about all the corporate sponsorships he was getting…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!